Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

When Asked About Salary Preference - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Asked About Salary Preference (39401 Views)

What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview / Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got / Question Asked About Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment Program. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by Capableben(m): 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
charles009:

Hey listen up. Don't erode yourself of your worth. My first salary was 142k is I gave them the right reasons why I had to earn that. All other fresh graduates that were employed alongside myself were around 100k. As a matter of fact, I can't work for less than 350k now. That's how I have preeped my life and of course with the truck load of pre requisites. If you want it big, dream and work towards it. It's very realistic. If someone ever doubts your ability, raise your worth
Are you an engineer?
Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
undecided undecided undecided
It's not working on me
who cares if it works or not?
Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2015
Calm you mumu nerves
firstEVA:
who cares if it works or not?
Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
Calm you mumu nerves
grin
Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by odimbannamdi(m): 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
mbulela:

Chairman, na which kind skill you get and wetin you dey find?
Pls what are your qualifications?

i have a B.Sc degree in Microbiology.

In order of preference, these are current skills:

I am very knowledgeable in Biology and Microbiology itself and can easily impart the knowledge into students.

I have very commendable ICT skills (general computer usage, MS word, excel, powerpoint and blogging)

My communication (verbal and written) skills are top-notch

Finally and most importantly, i am very fast at learning

Any help at ameliorating present condition would be appreciated. thanks
Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 04, 2016
ajasa4link:
lol....The truth is desperation to land any job at all always makes job seekers to under value themselves and call any figure at all when the salary issue is raised in the recruitment process. I was also guilty of this,the desperation of wanting to land the job, not wanting to sit back at home and the start counting months after service is one of the reasons people tend to call this low salary figure.
However, standard organizations don't base ur slary on the jargons u mouth as salary figure during interviews. Am a living witness, where i currently work now, I was asked for my salary expectations, and as usual i just said something that I feel is at least fair to both parties, but still the interviewers tried cutting it down , and even asked if they shouldn't bother getting back to me if i can't go lower. But God helped me answer the question intelligently. Lo and behold my salary in my offer letter was twice the figure I mentioned during the interview. Even my friend where he works now, he asked for a little over a million as salary figure, but his offer letter showed his salary to be over 2million
Bro, I don't mind if you will be of help.I'm a fresh grduate and I hve nothing doing yet though I'm still awaiting NYSC. Tnx in anticipation.
Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by ajasa4link: 6:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
Joice21:
Bro, I don't mind if you will be of help.I'm a fresh grduate and I hve nothing doing yet though I'm still awaiting NYSC. Tnx in anticipation.
I advise u use this period to learn some IT skills. PowerPoint, Excel and Word. U can this pending when u will go for your service year. When u are Tru with service, u will be grateful u learnt it
Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 04, 2016
ajasa4link:

I advise u use this period to learn some IT skills. PowerPoint, Excel and Word. U can this pending when u will go for your service year. When u are Tru with service, u will be grateful u learnt it
Already learnt some. Just wanna work for now. Tnx anyways.
Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by ajasa4link: 6:38am On Jun 05, 2016
Joice21:
Already learnt some. Just wanna work for now. Tnx anyways.
ONLINE EDITOR/CONTENT RESEARCHER
The roles and responsibilities of the position include
Prompt and daily uploading of news content on the blog
Uploading contents on social media platforms
Monitoring of posts on social media platforms
Online research and following market trends
Requirement
Candidate must have a good command of English
Must be proactive
Must be able to work with little or no supervision
Qualification
I.T, SIWES or Graduate awaiting NYSC with discipline in English language, Communication, Computer science will be preferred.
Send your c.v to onpointnaija@gmail.com
Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2016
ajasa4link:
ONLINE EDITOR/CONTENT RESEARCHER
The roles and responsibilities of the position include
Prompt and daily uploading of news content on the blog
Uploading contents on social media platforms
Monitoring of posts on social media platforms
Online research and following market trends
Requirement
Candidate must have a good command of English
Must be proactive
Must be able to work with little or no supervision
Qualification
I.T, SIWES or Graduate awaiting NYSC with discipline in English language, Communication, Computer science will be preferred.
Send your c.v to onpointnaija@gmail.com
Tnx so much.
Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by csbrown(m): 12:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
BCISLTD:
angry 70k for a month......hmmm
That's not much ooo
Re: When Asked About Salary Preference by toprealman: 3:10am On Feb 20, 2021
Fact is HR people are the most old fashioned set in most organisation.
Why ask when you know what you can't exceed. How about telling the candidate what you can offer? Money is the main Koko, forget the...I'm interested in the job line people drop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Nigerians Are A Waste Of Oxygen And Flesh - @mufclatestnews Blasts Guy / My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / Waec Coordination for May/June 2016 starts Thursday,16th 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.