Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Spacex Makes Space Travel History. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Spacex Makes Space Travel History. (1206 Views)

Elon Musk Deletes Telsa and SpaceX's Facebook Page / NASA Facts About Possible Faster Than Light Space Travel / SpaceX Rocket Explosion Destroys Facebook Satellite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by ChinonsoDike2: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
"Rocket blasts into orbit, launches 11 satellites then makes an amazing landing back on Earth"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0AsLJ9UaPQ

"SpaceX has made history after successfully launching its Falcon 9 rocket into space and returning it to Earth in one piece.
The upgraded 23-story-tall rocket lifted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station at 8:29pm EST, and touched down nearby a few minutes later.
It was the first time an unmanned rocket returned to land vertically at Cape Canaveral, and represented a tremendous success for SpaceX.
The firm, led by billionaire Elon Musk, is striving to make rockets reusable to drive launch costs down and open up space to more people"

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/22/science/spacex-rocket-landing.html?_r=0

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3369783/WATCH-LIVE-Falcon-9-liftoff-SpaceX-successfully-launches-reusable-rocket-land-Earth-one-piece.html#v-1575276983494526344
Re: Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by ChinonsoDike2: 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lalastica.
Re: Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by olyrayy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by Feraz(m): 6:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Watched this on TED talk some time back and I was like wow! I was even thinking this was gonna happen next year or next two years not knowing it is near. He said something about it being the future if I can remember correctly, rockets returning to the launch site and to be relaunched after some hours unlike what was obtainable in the past; more like a reusable rocket; saves money especially.

Waiting for his Hyperloop project to become reality.
Re: Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by olyrayy(m): 6:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
Feraz:
Watched this on TED talk some time back and I was like wow! I was even thinking this was gonna happen next year or next two years not knowing it is near. He said something about it being the future if I can remember correctly, rockets returning to the launch site and to be relaunched after some hours unlike what was obtainable in the past; more like a reusable rocket; saves money especially.

Waiting for his Hyperloop project to become reality.

The success of this programme is a giant step towards Musk's vision of humans colonising mars
Re: Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by Feraz(m): 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
olyrayy:

The success of this programme is a giant step towards Musk's vision of humans colonising mars
Seems whatever he tries to do, he achieves. . .one of my mentors he is! smiley

1 Like

Re: Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by Dekatron(m): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
Really, its amazing

The Electric man. . . Lol.... Elon!!
Re: Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by Blakjewelry(m): 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2015
Cool
Re: Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by mrphysics(m): 3:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
What a giant step and a quantum leap to mankind.
Re: Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by tobyemmanuel(m): 3:33am On Dec 26, 2015
Good and Bad step! An opportunity for the Nigerian government to be buying old rockets in future!

1 Like

Re: Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by Feraz(m): 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Lalasticlala, I know it's not easy; history was made. Can this be moved to the FP?
Re: Spacex Makes Space Travel History. by Ksslib(m): 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
Wow wow wow, spaceX finally did it, Elon finally did it. I remember watching how sometime back he spoke on previous failures, how its a very difficult task to achieve due to technical challenges but that they are determined to keep trying till the dream is achieved.

People like Musk motivate me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

O.M.G! See What Was Found In The Belly Of A Big Snake Killed In Nigeria (photos) / What Is The Name Of This Stone And How Valuable Is It (picture) / Airtel 4G LTE Finally Rolled Out In Some States, Check If Yours Is Included

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.