Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,019 members, 7,953,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:50 AM

Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander (40502 Views)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by HaneefahRN(f): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
Thank u OP. I guess they are trying to feel better wt themselves by pulling others down, they want to live out the fantasies, feel like a boss unlike they riffraffs they are in reality.
And all the idiots tht take pride in calling women b!tches, most are surrounded by hoes therefore see every woman tht way
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by HaneefahRN(f): 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
daretodiffer:

LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy

Searching4love, where art thou?
Lolz, ur pseudo sweetheart is the main suspect here o. Sincerely, all the description given suits it perfectly
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Kposkila: 5:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
BlackMaria:
Fvck u OP.
Lol.
Na ppl like u op dey talk so!
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by 2odd(m): 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
I once read a story of a guy on nairaland, who went to visit his fiance and the dad needed to send an email unfortunately he left his laptop at the office, so he decided to leave his laptop with the dad while he went out shopping/on a date with his girl.
The dad happens to be a nairaland addict, so immediately he opened the browser, he logged into his gmail account, so he decided to check nairaland to check whats happening, Only to see that username a****** i mean the username that abused him, the one that called him all sorts of names just because of their different views on politics.
low and behold, immediately they came back from their date, all of a sudden the sweet loving father got all mad, ask him if he was a****** he said yes, he just told him to get out of his compound. All pleas fell on deaf ear. It was later he told his daughter that he wont open his eyes for his daughter to marry such a person.

The problem here is we think we can get away from being a retard online, but it always come back at us.
So let me narrate my own experience

I went to a very remote area of Lagos to do something. I needed to access the internet and i couldnt, so i asked people around for a cafe, after moving a long distance we finally found one, the cafe had just 5 systems and it was fully booked by yahoo boys and there are about 5 of them waiting to take turn. Damn!! i needed to do this thing asap.

i begged the dude at cafe attendance to just allow me do what i needed to do as it wont take more than 20 minutes and i said i would give him 500 naira. After he heard that it was as if i promised him 1 million , see as the guy dey yes sir , yes sir me.

So he took me to their Server. where i did all that needs to be done, i decided to download the file i needed, while it was downloading, i decided to open nairaland to while away time,If you are nairaland addict lol you will understand that at any slight internet chance you will always come home (nairaland) so i quickly opened nairaland.com , All of a sudden i saw 40 mentions, fear gripped me , i was like what did i post for people to mention me like this, i clicked on mention and i saw abuses and topics i never commented on. I checked the username then i occured to me that i haven't logged in and it was the dude at the cafes nairaland account.

What i saw was heartbreaking, this dude abuses people for no reason. he calls people all sorts of names. he is one of those guys that forms team foreign girls on nairaland, i read one of his posts where abused one graduate that posted that he needed job badly, he called him a broke ass and all sorts of name , i am not trying to mock or abuse him but meanwhile this is someone that earns N8,000 monthly and he is being owed 2 months salary (wanna know i knew?) after the downloading my file. I decided to have a chit chat with him, he told me how much is earns and how he is being owed 2 months salary.
I needed to be sure it was him. But then the picture he has on his nairaland account was the picture he has as his phones screensaver . Thought it wasnt his personal picture but an image.

So ever since that day, if anyone abuses me online, I just remember that guy and smile. because most of these folks that abuses or curse you here wouldnt look into your eyes and say nonsense when they see you.

na lie,
simple question, do u go on date with ur laptops ?
the man no get phone ?
and pple dey like ur fabrication.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by coldsummer: 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
BlackMaria:

No mind the cry baby jare.
I doubt,if he can share drinks with frnds and not cry back home,if dem wyn am.

Lmao. Gerrout!!!!
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by xtervaganza(m): 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2016
ladycomfort:
. U dey mad. Ode
hahahhahahaha better talk now....time don de go oo
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by classicdude1(m): 6:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
funny thing about life is that if u don't want critics do nothing.....
was just passing by....
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by prophetfire: 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
Please review your write-up. The person at the cafe, was it a he or a her?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by pamcode(m): 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
Nice one op i noticed that this trend is found particularly With newbies. I think they use it to get popularity or bring attention to themselves.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by FLYFIRE(m): 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
I once read a story of a guy on nairaland, who went to visit his fiance and the dad needed to send an email unfortunately he left his laptop at the office, so he decided to leave his laptop with the dad while he went out shopping/on a date with his girl.
The dad happens to be a nairaland addict, so immediately he opened the browser, he logged into his gmail account, so he decided to check nairaland to check whats happening, Only to see that username a****** i mean the username that abused him, the one that called him all sorts of names just because of their different views on politics.
low and behold, immediately they came back from their date, all of a sudden the sweet loving father got all mad, ask him if he was a****** he said yes, he just told him to get out of his compound. All pleas fell on deaf ear. It was later he told his daughter that he wont open his eyes for his daughter to marry such a person.

The problem here is we think we can get away from being a retard online, but it always come back at us.
So let me narrate my own experience

I went to a very remote area of Lagos to do something. I needed to access the internet and i couldnt, so i asked people around for a cafe, after moving a long distance we finally found one, the cafe had just 5 systems and it was fully booked by yahoo boys and there are about 5 of them waiting to take turn. Damn!! i needed to do this thing asap.

i begged the dude at cafe attendance to just allow me do what i needed to do as it wont take more than 20 minutes and i said i would give him 500 naira. After he heard that it was as if i promised him 1 million , see as the guy dey yes sir , yes sir me.

So he took me to their Server. where i did all that needs to be done, i decided to download the file i needed, while it was downloading, i decided to open nairaland to while away time,If you are nairaland addict lol you will understand that at any slight internet chance you will always come home (nairaland) so i quickly opened nairaland.com , All of a sudden i saw 40 mentions, fear gripped me , i was like what did i post for people to mention me like this, i clicked on mention and i saw abuses and topics i never commented on. I checked the username then i occured to me that i haven't logged in and it was the dude at the cafes nairaland account.

What i saw was heartbreaking, this dude abuses people for no reason. he calls people all sorts of names. he is one of those guys that forms team foreign girls on nairaland, i read one of his posts where abused one graduate that posted that he needed job badly, he called him a broke ass and all sorts of name , i am not trying to mock or abuse him but meanwhile this is someone that earns N8,000 monthly and he is being owed 2 months salary (wanna know i knew?) after the downloading my file. I decided to have a chit chat with him, he told me how much is earns and how he is being owed 2 months salary.
I needed to be sure it was him. But then the picture he has on his nairaland account was the picture he has as his phones screensaver . Thought it wasnt his personal picture but an image.

So ever since that day, if anyone abuses me online, I just remember that guy and smile. because most of these folks that abuses or curse you here wouldnt look into your eyes and say nonsense when they see you.

Blame APC...there was no vulgarity until that motor-park-tout party was formed. @op, if you are an APC member & is tired of insults heaped on the DULLARD & the ZOMBIES, don't worry, many will follow because what you sow is what you reap. APC don't worry, insults just begun...endure & see how it feels.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
kingcity:
This make alot of sense...we should be careful cox the person we insult here might be the one to help us tomorrow
Yous signature resounds in my mind when i do need to believe i can do things by myself, good to know i share thoughts with someone.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by kentur: 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2016
Rad1cal:
\

You exposed yourself as a fool.

he is indeed a fool
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by favouryemmy: 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
Usually, those that abuse people on forums like this are either immature, frustrated, insensitive, resistant to good training, or all of the above. That someone has a different view different from yours doesn't mean you should try to persecute the person.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
You know what? whatever you say cant get to me, you are somewhere living in abject poverty. Frustrated , broke and looking for where to dispense those poverty anger, you search and couldnt find anywhere, You managed to get a 6,000 naira china phone, and thanks to networks that gives free MB, you come online and spew trash. Sorry your frustration cant get to me, whatever you say doesnt change the fact that you will remain broke after coming online to spew trash grin grin cheesy cheesy sorry bro i cant help you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin . I remember that OP and it gives me a good picture of what you are going through

my dear, teach Urself before teaching others

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by arabianights: 8:37pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
Hahahahaha you know sometimes we come here and say things no thinking of the consequences, Its like me abusing your mum and saying LOL. The whole reason i put this up is for people to comport themselves and if you now deemed it fit to still come here and do exactly opposite what was posted. Then its you that has a very big Social media comportion disorder

But heyyyy, it was obvious that he was pulling your legs from the onset.....wheres your sense of humour?Am not scared of u discovering who iam coz am worth every gaddamn attention.

Intelligent,sexy,witty,sexy catwalk.......i get sharp mouth sha and very stubborn tongue ut hot and elegant,iam. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
Kposkila:
Na ppl like u op dey talk so!
Is that all. Ok,I don sight ur mention. Next.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
coldsummer:

Lmao. Gerrout!!!!
Lol,u are sighted.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by obidevine(m): 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
You know what? whatever you say cant get to me, you are somewhere living in abject poverty. Frustrated , broke and looking for where to dispense those poverty anger, you search and couldnt find anywhere, You managed to get a 6,000 naira china phone, and thanks to networks that gives free MB, you come online and spew trash. Sorry your frustration cant get to me, whatever you say doesnt change the fact that you will remain broke after coming online to spew trash grin grin cheesy cheesy sorry bro i cant help you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin . I remember that OP and it gives me a good picture of what you are going through
@ naijainfogalery haba the dude was just joking with you.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by MistyDave(m): 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2016
Insulting people online is fun. Oya quote me ... Lets do this
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by MistyDave(m): 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
obidevine:
@ naijainfogalery haba the dude was just joking with you.
Its obvious the op lacks sense of humour
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 09, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Lolz, ur pseudo sweetheart is the main suspect here o. Sincerely, all the description given suits it perfectly

grin. grin

He is not the only one o
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
nice signature
My stalker undecided

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
1stolax:

My stalker undecided
oh no but rather i'm your fan and follower. Your resilience in giving up on the admins is what makes me feel you
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
Vikky014:
your online personality is the real you bc no one can pretend online
So wrong. Most people live two lives.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Fearcom(m): 12:57am On Jan 10, 2016
Shortyy:
Whatever happens online, stays online. Diss me all you want bruh that doesn't change who I am.

What happens online DOESN'T ALWAYS STAY online ma'am cos you have NO IDEA what could happen, and you have NO CONTROL over whom, where and what you'll meet.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Damianbrown(m): 7:04am On Jan 10, 2016
asuustrike2009:
front page please. this should teach others lesson about what they type. On a serious note, the first scenario about a guy whose fiancée's father ended the relationship between his daughter and him was uncalled for. He was too emotional, had in be the other way round, what would his fiancee say?
the pupsman too harsh jarwe
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Shortyy(f): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2016
Fearcom:

What happens online DOESN'T ALWAYS STAY online ma'am cos you have NO IDEA what could happen, and you have NO CONTROL over whom, where and what you'll meet.
If I meet you and you think what I typed online affected your life, well then go to hell.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 10, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
oh no but rather i'm your fan and follower. Your resilience in giving up on the admins is what makes me feel you
Lol!

Do you also know this GUYS: 1stola, 1stHola, firstolalekan, bulldoza, betterpikinn and FuckTheMod? grin

They are all my guyz wink
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 10, 2016
1stolax:

Lol!

Do you also know this GUYS: 1stola, 1stHola, firstolalekan, bulldoza, betterpikinn and FuckTheMod? grin

They are all my guyz wink
they are all one person o. I know virtually all of those monikers
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Abudu2000(m): 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
op not that you aren't on point but if there were no e wars on nl,seun go loose traffic I bet you.....even now that nairaland e-wars us reducing I'm even bored to even log on at times,not to mention the boring FP dele momodu topics we see these days
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by IYANGBALI: 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Funjosh:

Those two love birds grin

You tell Seun to ban IYANGBALI then BABANGBALI will take over lipsrsealed
it is not like that sir,babangbali is my twin brother sir
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Fearcom(m): 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
Shortyy:

If I meet you and you think what I typed online affected your life, well then go to hell.

Why giving me attitude when you didn't look at the big picture, or do u only come online to insult and be rude? Now I see the Op is quite right. Now if you meet someone online whom you insulted and he recognizes you offline but you don't know that and decides to treat your fuc.k up (though he keeps what he will do to you to himself), what will you say for yourself? You will have no one to blame but yourself. Costs you nothing to be courteous and polite.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Glo Night Plan Subscription Codes (1gb For N100, 500mb For N50 And More) / Internet Data Service: Which Provider Is Best In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.