Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander (40117 Views)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by naijainfogalery: 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
So i thought until i decided to check out this guys comment on some other posts then i realise he takes pleasure at abusing people. i read a post where he spoke so harshly and bad to someone that was asking a question bothering. so with that i knew he wasnt trying to be funny.

Actually i shouldnt have replied but i know people like this, you can imagine me abusing you or your family and put LOL.

I noticed the thing is very common here on nairaland people will post very important thing troubling their mind then someone will come and just say something ridiculous.

You guys noticed the way the guy quickly edited and changed the text if i hadnt replied and this made fp, the dude would have written something worse, i just hate online bully , people feel they can just come online and say whatever they want since no one is seeing or knows them
MistyDave:

Its obvious the op lacks sense of humour

obidevine:
@ naijainfogalery haba the dude was just joking with you.

arabianights:

But heyyyy, it was obvious that he was pulling your legs from the onset.....wheres your sense of humour?Am not scared of u discovering who iam coz am worth every gaddamn attention.

Intelligent,sexy,witty,sexy catwalk.......i get sharp mouth sha and very stubborn tongue ut hot and elegant,iam. tongue tongue tongue tongue

micayo:

OP, the sarcasm was obvious. You shouldn't have taken it P.

Not all cases do we have arguments or trading of insults due to different ideologies, some people come and play sarcasm on NL while the respondents might not understand the sarcasm (though I think it is dumb people dat do not understand sarcasm).

Our different ideologies and trading of insults doesn't make us enemies and that doesn't mean when we see physically we are enemies. My belief doesn't it make me right and yours doesn't make you right as well. I am against insults but then there are sometimes you use them to drive a point.

safarigirl:
uncle. after your earlier epistle, you still insulted somebody.

How you know say na 6k China phone e dey use? e f be your boss sef, you no go know.

Physician heal thyself mbok
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by naijainfogalery: 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
i had to, that guy was a bully. sometimes u just need to reply them not by abusing them or cursing them . if u read my reply, i dindt abuse him lol that guy bullies people online and thats the reason for my reply, sometimes if u dont shut them up they will keep doing it to others
Chommieblaq:

U just did d opposite of wah u preached, u didn't see d humor in wah he wrote huh? Imagine calling him broke and all sorts, abeg na u fall hand pass jor.

Let's learn to practice wah we preach.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Shortyy(f): 3:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
Fearcom:

Why giving me attitude when you didn't look at the big picture, or do u only come online to insult and be rude? Now I see the Op is quite right. Now if you meet someone online whom you insulted and he recognizes you offline but you don't know that and decides to treat your fuc.k up (though he keeps what he will do to you to himself), what will you say for yourself? You will have no one to blame but yourself. Costs you nothing to be courteous and polite.
If you can't stand cyber crap, that's your problem.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by naijainfogalery: 3:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
i actually thought it was funny until i saw another post by the same guy and saw another then i knew he was just a bully online. he abuses and curse people for no just reason
hottadiva:

dear OP I actually lol when I saw wat black Maria posted. he was trying to infuse humour into the post. maybe you were a lil uptight too lol
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
they are all one person o. I know virtually all of those monikers
shocked shocked shocked

Are you seriously serious

Wow!

Unbelievable undecidedgrin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
Damianbrown:
the pupsman too harsh jarwe
Yea but it's important we watch what we type on social media
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by 400billionman: 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
MoltenMagma:
Searching4love, na you be cybercafe attendant? cheesy cheesy
i

Either him or Mr. Cork.

Na both of them be Team foreign girls abi light skin.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by menix(m): 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
serendipityF:
Menix, shey u hear? Its a very small world and there is life outside Nairaland

Babe, u go fine for real life oo..
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by BABANGBALI: 10:58am On Jan 15, 2016
Funjosh:

Those two love birds grin

You tell Seun to ban IYANGBALI then BABANGBALI will take over lipsrsealed
tell moderator to serve me a plate of ban-ish potatoes............ban dey hungry grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by BABANGBALI: 11:03am On Jan 15, 2016
Allosaurus:
Was it StOla or Babangbali? I know those two are the most jobless pervs on Nairaland shocked shocked shocked
if i tear you slap,walahi your preek go shrink
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Funjosh(m): 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
BABANGBALI:
tell moderator to serve me a plate of ban-ish potatoes............ban dey hungry grin grin grin

Na me go ban you myself embarassed
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by BABANGBALI: 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
Funjosh:

Na me go ban you myself embarassed
oya now,what are you waiting for?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by ArodewilliamsT: 4:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
naijainfogalery:
I once read a story of a guy on nairaland, who went to visit his fiance and the dad needed to send an email unfortunately he left his laptop at the office, so he decided to leave his laptop with the dad while he went out shopping/on a date with his girl.
The dad happens to be a nairaland addict, so immediately he opened the browser, he logged into his gmail account, so he decided to check nairaland to check whats happening, Only to see that username a****** i mean the username that abused him, the one that called him all sorts of names just because of their different views on politics.
low and behold, immediately they came back from their date, all of a sudden the sweet loving father got all mad, ask him if he was a****** he said yes, he just told him to get out of his compound. All pleas fell on deaf ear. It was later he told his daughter that he wont open his eyes for his daughter to marry such a person.

The problem here is we think we can get away from being a retard online, but it always come back at us.
So let me narrate my own experience

I went to a very remote area of Lagos to do something. I needed to access the internet and i couldnt, so i asked people around for a cafe, after moving a long distance we finally found one, the cafe had just 5 systems and it was fully booked by yahoo boys and there are about 5 of them waiting to take turn. Damn!! i needed to do this thing asap.

i begged the dude at cafe attendance to just allow me do what i needed to do as it wont take more than 20 minutes and i said i would give him 500 naira. After he heard that it was as if i promised him 1 million , see as the guy dey yes sir , yes sir me.

So he took me to their Server. where i did all that needs to be done, i decided to download the file i needed, while it was downloading, i decided to open nairaland to while away time,If you are nairaland addict lol you will understand that at any slight internet chance you will always come home (nairaland) so i quickly opened nairaland.com , All of a sudden i saw 40 mentions, fear gripped me , i was like what did i post for people to mention me like this, i clicked on mention and i saw abuses and topics i never commented on. I checked the username then i occured to me that i haven't logged in and it was the dude at the cafes nairaland account.

What i saw was heartbreaking, this dude abuses people for no reason. he calls people all sorts of names. he is one of those guys that forms team foreign girls on nairaland, i read one of his posts where abused one graduate that posted that he needed job badly, he called him a broke ass and all sorts of name , i am not trying to mock or abuse him but meanwhile this is someone that earns N8,000 monthly and he is being owed 2 months salary (wanna know i knew?) after the downloading my file. I decided to have a chit chat with him, he told me how much is earns and how he is being owed 2 months salary.
I needed to be sure it was him. But then the picture he has on his nairaland account was the picture he has as his phones screensaver . Thought it wasnt his personal picture but an image.

So ever since that day, if anyone abuses me online, I just remember that guy and smile. because most of these folks that abuses or curse you here wouldnt look into your eyes and say nonsense when they see you.

I love this. He says he is searchiing4love with N8,000 salary. lwkmd
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Edalock(m): 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2016
naijainfogalery:
i had to, that guy was a bully. sometimes u just need to reply them not by abusing them or cursing them . if u read my reply, i dindt abuse him lol that guy bullies people online and thats the reason for my reply, sometimes if u dont shut them up they will keep doing it to others

Hi, will like to message you privately seeking advice concerning one of your comments on a trend pls email WhatsApp or bbm? any you're comfortable with. Here's my number 08182755482
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2022
Good for him

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Whatsapp Crashes Around The World Except In Nigeria / Top 5 Smartphones Below 30K / Spartak Moscow Throws Shade At Whatsapp, Facebook & Barcelona (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.