Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,020 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander (40101 Views)

Top Quality Smartphone Brands Nigerians Should Stop Neglecting.(photos) / 10 Things You Should Stop Doing On Social Media / See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Chinwem(f): 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

leave those ones. They are heartbroken
You just have to understand that great men don't bring down women, they rarely have time to even discuss women, what happened to political/business and invention talks? grin

Abi o? wink
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by MistyDave(m): 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijaboiy:
This is crap to me.

Not everybody is cool headed and can tolerate bullshyte. I for one can't tolerate bullshyte. undecided

I return insults as they are thrown at me without remorse. I've met a lot of nairalanders and when they see me they know I'm totally different from my persona on here.

So it all depends on if you want to take what people do on an Anonymous forum such as this seriously. undecided

Go to Reddit and other forums and see insults. Twitter is not anonymous yet the users insult each other.

Abeg jare! undecided
Gbayi! You get sense jare.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by serendipityF: 3:29pm On Jan 09, 2016
Menix, shey u hear? Its a very small world and there is life outside Nairaland
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by kinibigdeal(m): 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2016
Kids everywhere
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by PBeni(m): 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
I once read a story of a guy on nairaland, who went to visit his fiance and the dad needed to send an email unfortunately he left his laptop at the office, so he decided to leave his laptop with the dad while he went out shopping/on a date with his girl.
The dad happens to be a nairaland addict, so immediately he opened the browser, he logged into his gmail account, so he decided to check nairaland to check whats happening, Only to see that username a****** i mean the username that abused him, the one that called him all sorts of names just because of their different views on politics.
low and behold, immediately they came back from their date, all of a sudden the sweet loving father got all mad, ask him if he was a****** he said yes, he just told him to get out of his compound. All pleas fell on deaf ear. It was later he told his daughter that he wont open his eyes for his daughter to marry such a person.

The problem here is we think we can get away from being a retard online, but it always come back at us.
So let me narrate my own experience

I went to a very remote area of Lagos to do something. I needed to access the internet and i couldnt, so i asked people around for a cafe, after moving a long distance we finally found one, the cafe had just 5 systems and it was fully booked by yahoo boys and there are about 5 of them waiting to take turn. Damn!! i needed to do this thing asap.

i begged the dude at cafe attendance to just allow me do what i needed to do as it wont take more than 20 minutes and i said i would give him 500 naira. After he heard that it was as if i promised him 1 million , see as the guy dey yes sir , yes sir me.

So he took me to their Server. where i did all that needs to be done, i decided to download the file i needed, while it was downloading, i decided to open nairaland to while away time,If you are nairaland addict lol you will understand that at any slight internet chance you will always come home (nairaland) so i quickly opened nairaland.com , All of a sudden i saw 40 mentions, fear gripped me , i was like what did i post for people to mention me like this, i clicked on mention and i saw abuses and topics i never commented on. I checked the username then i occured to me that i haven't logged in and it was the dude at the cafes nairaland account.

What i saw was heartbreaking, this dude abuses people for no reason. he calls people all sorts of names. he is one of those guys that forms team foreign girls on nairaland, i read one of his posts where abused one graduate that posted that he needed job badly, he called him a broke ass and all sorts of name , i am not trying to mock or abuse him but meanwhile this is someone that earns N8,000 monthly and he is being owed 2 months salary (wanna know i knew?) after the downloading my file. I decided to have a chit chat with him, he told me how much is earns and how he is being owed 2 months salary.
I needed to be sure it was him. But then the picture he has on his nairaland account was the picture he has as his phones screensaver . Thought it wasnt his personal picture but an image.

So ever since that day, if anyone abuses me online, I just remember that guy and smile. because most of these folks that abuses or curse you here wouldnt look into your eyes and say nonsense when they see you.

Word!
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by PBeni(m): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
So ever since that day, if anyone abuses me online, I just remember that guy and smile. because most of these folks that abuses or curse you here wouldnt look into your eyes and say nonsense when they see you.

[/quote]

Word!
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
Hahahahaha you know sometimes we come here and say things no thinking of the consequences, Its like me abusing your mum and saying LOL. The whole reason i put this up is for people to comport themselves and if you now deemed it fit to still come here and do exactly opposite what was posted. Then its you that has a very big Social media comportion disorder
Is that all.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
redcliff:

Lolz
How u dey.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

Hahaha, epic comment m8
I love the pix.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
Amberon:
I'm sorry on his behalf. I understood that you were just being sarcastic but he didn't understand and took it P.
my bad!!
His mode of thinking tho.
Cry baby style.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
drss2:
op see dis one dey abuse u grin am sure he be shoe shiner for ajegunle grin grin
Is that all.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
coldsummer:

grin grin grin

The Op missed the joke. Why you wash am like this. Lol
No mind the cry baby jare. I doubt,if he can share drinks with frnds and not cry back home,if dem wyn am.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by naijaboiy: 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
MistyDave:

Gbayi! You get sense jare.
Oga Naso I see am o.
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
Lmao..i was testing ur tolerance..n yes u failed
repogirl:
lol, who swear for your life like this? Better go and beg them to reset your brain back to its default settings.

Anyway I know you want to test my insultive abilities. I hope I passed. cheesy
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2016
Passed
kaziblake:
Ok
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Rawblings(m): 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
True talk Op. It's never good to insult anyone whether online or offline. People can take it personal.
Everyone should learn how to be polite.. It doesn't cost you anything sad
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by sparkleRed(f): 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijaboiy:
This is crap to me.

Not everybody is cool headed and can tolerate bullshyte. I for one can't tolerate bullshyte. undecided

I return insults as they are thrown at me without remorse. I've met a lot of nairalanders and when they see me they know I'm totally different from my persona on here.

So it all depends on if you want to take what people do on an Anonymous forum such as this seriously. undecided

Go to Reddit and other forums and see insults. Twitter is not anonymous yet the users insult each other.

Abeg jare! undecided

undecided
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by naijaboiy: 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2016
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by coveredchic(f): 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
BlackMaria:

Funny,u cud type this epistle @ me.
I was just teasing u based on the topic. Which was y,I added lol into my sentence.
Since u av decided to take it personal,then I b'liv u gat low self-esteem.
@blackmaria, I saw the humour in your comment. And I'm wondering at how the op reacted. He succeeded in doing exactly what he preached against. I guess op is those "do as I say, not as I do" types.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
I once read a story of a guy on nairaland, who went to visit his fiance and the dad needed to send an email unfortunately he left his laptop at the office, so he decided to leave his laptop with the dad while he went out shopping/on a date with his girl.
The dad happens to be a nairaland addict, so immediately he opened the browser, he logged into his gmail account, so he decided to check nairaland to check whats happening, Only to see that username a****** i mean the username that abused him, the one that called him all sorts of names just because of their different views on politics.
low and behold, immediately they came back from their date, all of a sudden the sweet loving father got all mad, ask him if he was a****** he said yes, he just told him to get out of his compound. All pleas fell on deaf ear. It was later he told his daughter that he wont open his eyes for his daughter to marry such a person.

The problem here is we think we can get away from being a retard online, but it always come back at us.
So let me narrate my own experience

I went to a very remote area of Lagos to do something. I needed to access the internet and i couldnt, so i asked people around for a cafe, after moving a long distance we finally found one, the cafe had just 5 systems and it was fully booked by yahoo boys and there are about 5 of them waiting to take turn. Damn!! i needed to do this thing asap.

i begged the dude at cafe attendance to just allow me do what i needed to do as it wont take more than 20 minutes and i said i would give him 500 naira. After he heard that it was as if i promised him 1 million , see as the guy dey yes sir , yes sir me.

So he took me to their Server. where i did all that needs to be done, i decided to download the file i needed, while it was downloading, i decided to open nairaland to while away time,If you are nairaland addict lol you will understand that at any slight internet chance you will always come home (nairaland) so i quickly opened nairaland.com , All of a sudden i saw 40 mentions, fear gripped me , i was like what did i post for people to mention me like this, i clicked on mention and i saw abuses and topics i never commented on. I checked the username then i occured to me that i haven't logged in and it was the dude at the cafes nairaland account.

What i saw was heartbreaking, this dude abuses people for no reason. he calls people all sorts of names. he is one of those guys that forms team foreign girls on nairaland, i read one of his posts where abused one graduate that posted that he needed job badly, he called him a broke ass and all sorts of name , i am not trying to mock or abuse him but meanwhile this is someone that earns N8,000 monthly and he is being owed 2 months salary (wanna know i knew?) after the downloading my file. I decided to have a chit chat with him, he told me how much is earns and how he is being owed 2 months salary.
I needed to be sure it was him. But then the picture he has on his nairaland account was the picture he has as his phones screensaver . Thought it wasnt his personal picture but an image.

LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy

Searching4love, where art thou?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
coveredchic:

@blackmaria, I saw the humour in your comment. And I'm wondering at how the op reacted. He succeeded in doing exactly what he preached against. I guess op is those "do as I say, not as I do" types.
Just dey look am jare. If I didn't add 'LOL' to it,it would av shown,I was insulting him.
For him to turn around using 'Mother' as an example is so funny.
His actions has made me b'liv his story as a lie.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Laveda(f): 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijainfogalery:
You know what? whatever you say cant get to me, you are somewhere living in abject poverty. Frustrated , broke and looking for where to dispense those poverty anger, you search and couldnt find anywhere, You managed to get a 6,000 naira china phone, and thanks to networks that gives free MB, you come online and spew trash. Sorry your frustration cant get to me, whatever you say doesnt change the fact that you will remain broke after coming online to spew trash grin grin cheesy cheesy sorry bro i cant help you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin . I remember that OP and it gives me a good picture of what you are going through
Like this makes you different?
And you're even the Op embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by HardMirror(m): 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijaboiy:
This is crap to me.

Abeg jare! undecided
Thanks jare
I insult people more on twitter especially those politicians. They are rich and powerful yet I insult them. Don't know what the op and some are feeling like here.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by HardMirror(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
Laveda:
Like this makes you different?
And you're even the Op embarassed
Guess he feels he is the richest man on nairaland. Lol and has exclusive right to insult people. He could even be a pauper himself forming don here

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by sparkleRed(f): 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
naijaboiy:

?
Will tell u y offline
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Laveda(f): 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
HardMirror:

Guess he feels he is the richest man on nairaland. Lol and has exclusive right to insult people. He could even be a pauper himself forming don here
He just did the opposite of what he preached cheesy

One shouldn't even take these online insults so serious angry

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by xtervaganza(m): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2016
ladycomfort:
. See liar on NL even peeps that don't abuse you , you insult them. Mtcheew
lol You don come again abi?

You see me for dream abi you de trip for me?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by HardMirror(m): 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
Laveda:
He just did the opposite of what he preached cheesy

One shouldn't even take these online insults so serious angry
That is why I love naijaboy's contribution to this topic. I do my insulting on twitter and my target are politicians. I don't even bother with celebrities. Insults count for nothing on a faceless forum and what do you even achieve in the end?
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by xtervaganza(m): 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
preetyb:

U no get mind
how u know? Lol
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by Laveda(f): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2016
HardMirror:

That is why I love naijaboy's contribution to this topic. I do my insulting on twitter and my target are politicians. I don't even bother with celebrities. Insults count for nothing on a faceless forum and what do you even achieve in the end?
LOL ..you know there are peeps who registered on Nairaland just to cause trouble? grin

Seriously nothing...if you can't face the heat its better you just ignore them...that's the best one can do..
Re: Why You Should Stop Abusing People Online - My Encounter With A Nairalander by ladycomfort(f): 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
xtervaganza:
lol You don come again abi?

You see me for dream abi you de trip for me?
. U dey mad. Ode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Smartphones Below 30K / Whatsapp Crashes Around The World Except In Nigeria / Spartak Moscow Throws Shade At Whatsapp, Facebook & Barcelona (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.