Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane (44560 Views)

Kenyan Motorcyclist Carries 4 Passengers At Once (Photo, Video) / Man Who Survived ADC Airline Plane Crash In Lagos Thanks God 10Years After / Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Gabrielwilliams(m): 10:36am On Dec 25, 2015
interesting.. How did they get on the tarmac? what is NCAA doing about this? i dont wat to bring racism into this but if this where to happen to white people, those luggages would have been found since yesterday

1 Like

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by galarbagalapazy(m): 10:37am On Dec 25, 2015
why stressing them selves we are in a season of treking.........................so 4get air trip and start trecking be4 it late
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by lekanafo: 10:39am On Dec 25, 2015
is the aviation sector going south,ministry of Aviation,NCAA,FAAN over to you
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by ChuxMyk(m): 10:43am On Dec 25, 2015
Kingsasian:
Na wa o. It is only in Nigeria that issues like this are seen. We are no longer treated and given the respect we deserve even in our own country. If na me na small thing go remain make I no blow up the plane.

Dan BOKO
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by airsaylongcon: 10:44am On Dec 25, 2015
Why is everyone spewing the word luggageS? Luggage is the same for singular and plural. There is no word as Luggages

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Bigshark(m): 10:46am On Dec 25, 2015
Thunder go fire them Turkish airline... They r use to it. This same tin they did to me on arrival frm Russia on the 11th of Dec, on arrival our luggages where nowhere to b found. It took serial come today & come 2moro for 6days b4 our luggages was flown in. Which such nonsense can't be done in their country by other foriegn airline
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:54am On Dec 25, 2015
grin I hope chief of ARMy Staff is not on that plane cos Zaria case is still fresh in our memories

3 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by ritux: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2015
I don't understand how these people managed to get to the tarmac.

Do we really have security in our airports?

2 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Coolcash1: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
How they addressed their grievances is not my problem, but how they accessed the airport tarmac without a boarding pass is worrisome. This is a serious breach in security which shows how ineptitude our airport securities are.

The aircraft is no longer safe because its safety has been compromised.

Someone at the top must be held accountable for this show of shame and madness.

What are you saying... You are just spewing rubbish. Is it for the sake of being heard? This is why people like you are sickening..Put your self in their shoes and reason it out...Its high time these foreign airlines stopped treating Nigerians as nobody. This is bullsh1t!!! I expect FAAN, NCAA etc to summon turkish airline and request they render unreserved apology to them.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by mandonnels(m): 10:59am On Dec 25, 2015
see wahala oo. which kind Airline dey forget people luggage. dis is d real Gobe.
happy Christmas to Y'all. Remember to show Love to people around you.
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Kruzilano(m): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2015
Nd they are taking selfies
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by tolsee(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2015
I posted a while back about Turkish Airlines. ITS THE WORLD AIRLINE EVER! The Turkish people have no regards for Nigerians! Our government should work towards ensuring Nigerian citizens get some respect. It's appalling!
Bigshark:
Thunder go fire them Turkish airline... They r use to it. This same tin they did to me on arrival frm Russia on the 11th of Dec, on arrival our luggages where nowhere to b found. It took serial come today & come 2moro for 6days b4 our luggages was flown in. Which such nonsense can't be done in their country by other foriegn airline
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by dustydee: 11:10am On Dec 25, 2015
How were they able to get to the plane? Our airport security needs to be beefed up. It shouldn't be that easy for passengers to get plane without authorisation.
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by dustydee: 11:14am On Dec 25, 2015
Coolcash1:

What are you saying... You are just spewing rubbish. Is it for the sake of being heard? This is why people like you are sickening..Put your self in their shoes and reason it out...Its high time these foreign airlines stopped treating Nigerians as nobody. This is bullsh1t!!! I expect FAAN, NCAA etc to summon turkish airline and request they render unreserved apology to them.

What is wrong is wrong. Stop condoning lawlessness and indiscipline. What if someone plants something on a plane? Didn't you read recently of a block allegedly placed in the engine of Pastor Oritsejiafor's plane?
It's for the safety of passengers and crew members.

1 Like

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by duni04(m): 11:19am On Dec 25, 2015
The security guys at the airport obviously don't know their jobs. I don't blame the passengers. People lose luggages everywhere. But to allow disgruntled passengers onto the tarmac and standby and watch them sleep on the runway means our Airport security is a joke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by agarawu23(m): 11:20am On Dec 25, 2015
kITATITA:
Even though the passengers have a good case, what they are doing has implications on Aviation Safety/Security. How did they gain access to the aircraft. Besides, they could also be put on the no-fly list. There are organs with responsibility for dealing with passenger/customer complaints in Nigeria.
like you don't know how corrupt out airport officials are, just a bribe of $500 will make them fly.

This is Niger o
Forget no-fly list
That's the best quick solution

1 Like

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Coolcash1: 11:22am On Dec 25, 2015
dustydee:

What is wrong is wrong. Stop condoning lawlessness and indiscipline. What if someone plants something on a plane? Didn't you read recently of a block allegedly placed in the engine of Pastor Oritsejiafor's plane?
It's for the safety of passengers and crew members.

its like you have been infested with the syndrome...Excuse me, what do you mean by lawlessness and indiscipline? What if there is a person who is on drugs and kept them in his luggage for use on arriving his destination.What do you think would have happened to such person by now....Please lets be reasonable when we have sensitive and serious national issue like this...Remember, it can be you or any of your relation next time. So, collective condemnation of the airline action is what we should all do.

3 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by dustydee: 11:29am On Dec 25, 2015
Coolcash1:

its like you have been infested with the syndrome...Excuse me, what do you mean by lawlessness and indiscipline? What if there is a person who is on drugs and kept them in his luggage for use on arriving his destination.What do you think would have happened to such person by now....Please lets be reasonable when we have sensitive and serious national issue like this...Remember, it can be you or any of your relation next time. So, collective condemnation of the airline action is what we should all do.
Mine was missing on airfrance last December and I got it back after Christmas without having to go to the tarmac. If what they've done is normal to you then you need to examine yourself. What they have done is tresspassing on government property and it is against civil and aviation law. We can't continue to try to solve problems by being militant. I will be disappointed if an arrest is not made.

4 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 25, 2015
All these guys forming loggages .

Hmmmmm

I no wan say wetin dey my mind sha
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Lakayanah: 11:46am On Dec 25, 2015
They should not let go off the airline, I remember when it was done to me they were sending me on a wild goose chase. They tell you to come today come tomorrow, not minding that you don't live in Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by PrinceEvolution(m): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2015
Demmocrats:

At the end they will label that Nigeria has the worst Aviation Standard, the Turkish Airline should compensate all the affected passengers for any inconvenience they might have caused them or face legal actions from the passengers.
my brother Turkish airline is a fraud they are cheap ,ok...but many frauds lays underneath..I rmba my encounter with dem in 2009 they promised accommodation for us all at transit as it comes with the ticketing ..only to change it upon arrival that it was overbooked that means the incentives was limited..I and my friend was stunned ,ofcourse alot of other passengers where,well we had to pay 90euros to get somewhere to change ,relax for the next morning flight..
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 25, 2015
adeaks:
This is a sad situation. I can imagine the frustration of those passengers. Coming over to Nigeria and then having your luggage stuck somewhere for days without anybody really doing anything about it.
As usual, now that it has become an international embarrassment, their issues would be sorted out speedily.

That notwithstanding, this highlights serious security issues in our airports. How come a group of disgruntled passengers were able to get so close to the plane. What if their demonstration suddenly turns violent and they start vandalising the plane? So if terrorists actually want to blow up a plane this is the same way they would have easy access. Na wa o.

Nawa for u, so if u were in their shoes u will let ur luggage dissapear, why don't they met this treatment to british and american travellers , is it fair, why should passengers be flown without their luggage,

We reject this organized theft of passenger luggage under the guise of security. If ur one of the syndicates that does this desist forthwith
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by litaninja(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2015
Security, security....how did they get close to the plane?
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
Coolcash1:

Blocked coconut head. Go get yourself Christmas fowl.

How the passengers evaded our overzealous security men to the tarmac worries me and not the protest.
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Applaner: 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
Feranmicharles:
That guy lying next to the tyres get mind o. If na me,na so so bad bad tins go dey come my mind... Like

(1) What if the pilot just start the plane suddenly
(2) What if the ground has superglue that I'd be so glued to the ground
(3) What if one kind wind blow and move the plane

Someone has to be careful o

4)what if they decide to push the plane??
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Feranmicharles(m): 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
Applaner:

4)what if they decide to push the plane??
oh boi,dah 1 dey too ooo cheesy
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Allwility: 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
Feranmicharles:
That guy lying next to the tyres get mind o. If na me,na so so bad bad tins go dey come my mind... Like

(1) What if the pilot just start the plane suddenly
(2) What if the ground has superglue that I'd be so glued to the ground
(3) What if one kind wind blow and move the plane

Someone has to be careful o

Lol! This just made my day. Merry Christmas.
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Reference(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
Coolcash1:

Okay, Mr. Reasonable K. Einstein. What if there was a passenger on that flight leaving for a medical procedure in Turkey, huh! "What do you think would have happened to the person by now....."

1 Like

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Originalsly: 12:39pm On Dec 25, 2015
Wow!...they may never get their luggage. This would have serious repercussions and I wouldn't be surprised if international flights would be banned from Abuja until the International Aviation Authorities are satisfied with the level of security.Hmmm..... how on earth can these ehmm... protesters. .. in times of Boko Haram... get on to the tarmac... all the way to an active aircraft... and not be shot.. shot dead?

1 Like

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Forwetinnah: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
How they addressed their grievances is not my problem, but how they accessed the airport tarmac without a boarding pass is worrisome. This is a serious breach in security which shows how ineptitude our airport securities are.

The aircraft is no longer safe because its safety has been compromised.

Someone at the top must be held accountable for this show of shame and madness.

...are you forgetting they've asked them to come back 3 times? What's your point exactly?? That they should keep coming to the Airport to check if their luggages have arrived till their stay in Nigeria is over? Well done. Mind you..Airport Security Breach is a general thing, it can happen anywhere. Not everyone on board the plan is there
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by arabianights: 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
[quote author=Bigshark post=41326425]Thunder go fire them Turkish airline... They r use to it. This same tin they did to me on arrival frm Russia on the 11th of Dec, on arrival our luggages where nowhere to b found. It took serial come today & come 2moro for 6days b4 our luggages was flown in. Which such nonsense can't be done in their country by other foriegn airline[/quote

Theres sooo much to learn from Nairaland if you pick theright topics, thanks for this info......was planning to use this airline to fly out.will also warn my other colleagues

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha / Benson Uchenna Nwughala Nigerian In Italy Killed By Train While Wearing Earpiece / Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.