Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? (12177 Views)

Female Suicide Bombers Who Struck At Maiduguri Market (Graphic Photos) / Why We Struck In 1985 - IBB / History 101: 1966 Coup : Why We Struck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by Vulu: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2015
Daliano:

What makes you think so? Am pro Biafra and not only have I read the book, I own it together with "Because am involved " and "The Nigerian revolution and the Biafran war" by Alexander Madiebo....

YMODULUS DOESN'T KNOW THAT PRO-BIAFRANS HAVE ALL THE FACTS THAT MANY PEOPLE IN NIGERIA DON'T HAVE. ONE DAY I WILL TAKE A PICTURE OF MY FAMILY LIBRARY AND POST THE BIAFRA HISTORY BOOKS ONE AFTER THE OTHER. BIAFRANS ARE READERS.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by Ymodulus: 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2015

1 Like

Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by DerideGull(m): 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ymodulus:

Lol. We can sell it to you as an artifact.

I doubt 98% of Pro - Biafra preachers on this forum read this book

I read the book and still have the copy. What has being a Biafra preacher got do with the book?

1 Like

Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by sucre2(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Cutehector:
afta dey will say youths are not willing to read hard copy books... Brother am very much serious. I need it because i really dont have much knowledge about history and its important i get updated abt things like this cuz knowledge dey say is power. I believe your friend has even read it several times. Its a very good book and most especially one cant find soft copy of this in the internet... So please, i would like to buy it. Thanks

If you are on Lagos go to CMS you will find it there. Bought the book twice at CMS.
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by Ymodulus: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
DerideGull:

I read the book and still have the copy. What has being a Biafra preacher got do with book?
95% of people that fight online for the biafra cause have 10% knowledge of what transpired during the Biafran war. Also many pro-biafran war supporters pick Chinua Achebe side of the story on the Biafran war in the book 'there was a country' neglecting all other account and labeling them as fake.

Meanwhile Chinua's story was one-sided and biased. Chimanda Adichie is an example of the blind followers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by DerideGull(m): 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ymodulus:

95% of people that fight online for the biafra cause have 10% knowledge of what transpired during the Biafran war. Also many pro-biafran war supporters pick Chinua Achebe side of the story on the Biafran war in the book 'there was a country' neglecting all other account and labeling them as fake.

Meanwhile Chinua's story was one-sided and biased. Chimanda Adichie is an example of the blind followers.

Do you believe Ademoyega was impartial when he wrote the book? Who were these many pro-Biafran war supporters that pick Chinua Achebe's story? I wonder what a dumbass soldier who spent most of the war time in jail knew about the war. It appears Nigerians get deluded every day.

5 Likes

Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by MXrep: 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
DerideGull:

Do you believe Ademoyega was impartial when he wrote the book? Who were these many pro-Biafran war supporters that pick Chinua Achebe's story? I wonder what a dumbass soldier who spent most of the war time in jail knew about the war. It appears Nigerians get deluded every day.
Ademoyega can only know about the coup, not the war.

6 Likes

Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
The carnage that followed the coup was entirely due to weakness and lack of clear realistic political objectives and discipline on the part of the military regime which inherited power.

The January coup was sufficiently successful for that regime to have rectified whatever was done wrongly and still retain power,discipline and respect.

However it is totally wrong,baseless and preposterous to base the killings of igbos up north by calling the coup "igbo coup".

The hate is real.

7 Likes

Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by igorekpengmail: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
Check on; " The 5 majors" "Nzeogwu"
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by Ymodulus: 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
herringbone:
The carnage that followed the coup was entirely due to weakness and lack of clear realistic political objectives and discipline on the part of the military regime which inherited power.

The January coup was sufficiently successful for that regime to have rectified whatever was done wrongly and still retain power,discipline and respect.

However it is totally wrong,baseless and preposterous to base the killings of igbos up north by calling the coup "igbo coup".

The hate is real
Gosh brother. You are perfect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by zendy: 12:22am On Dec 29, 2015
Ymodulus:

95% of the people who fight online for the cause of Biafra do not necessarily need to know what transpired. They already know it is their God given right to choose to be, or not be Nigerians. I know it's going to be hard for someone like you to believe that Lord Lugard hasn't the last say about 'Nigeria' but trust me, it is us indigenous West African people who Lugard met when he came that will decide who what or we want to be after he left. By the way, he left in 1919!

4 Likes

Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by braindee(m): 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ymodulus:
Was going through some stuff at a friends place, and I saw this book.

I was so excited, cause I remember reading years back.

Cc :
Harbioollah ,

I have a copy from my old uncle. I have read it severally.
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by Agumbankembu: 2:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by Candyrain(m): 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
Cutehector:
thnks. Ordered already cool

Were u able to purchase the book?
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by laykhorn(m): 12:08am On Jun 24, 2017
cupidFlint:
I've read "There was a country", currently reading "In Biafra Africa died". Am actually looking for this book, "Why we struck" by Ademoyega Adewale and "The Indictment" by Emmanuel Ifeajuna

Hi! I'm looking for the PDF version of "Why we stuck" by Ademoyega and "Because I am involved" by Ojukwu. Please if anyone has it or knows a place I can get it, please help.

CC: Ymodulus Cutehector Deridegull Seun Mynd44
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by Prince4945(m): 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2019
i need the book too "why we struck"...pls can anyone help with the PDF file or something...or where i can buy it for less...on Amazon its saying $850 for the book and that one pass my power lol... any help would be appreciated
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by AbundantGrains: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2020
cupidFlint:
I've read "There was a country", currently reading "In Biafra Africa died". Am actually looking for this book, "Why we struck" by Ademoyega Adewale and "The Indictment" by Emmanuel Ifeajuna
Hello Sir, do you happen to possess the Soft Copy of "The Indictment" by Major Ifeajuna? Thanks
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by cupidFlint(m): 9:34am On Oct 22, 2020
AbundantGrains:
Hello Sir, do you happen to possess the Soft Copy of "The Indictment" by Major Ifeajuna? Thanks
no I don't. Do you?
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by LucyaSmit: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2020
Yeah, it is really a famous book
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by AbundantGrains: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
cupidFlint:
no I don't. Do you?
I don't. I have seen some sites charging 2500 per copy, a cost I don't need at the moment. If you're still searching for "Why We Struck" by Ademoyega, this is your guy. 0803 739 6884
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by Racoon(m): 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
Read this book as well as Max Siollun account and balance up your knowledge of Nigerian Nigerian military history.
Re: Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? by Racoon(m): 3:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
AbundantGrains:
I think Chinua Achebe did not publish the manuscript by Ifeajuna.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NPA Asks NAFDAC, SON To Vacate Seaports In 24hrs / Atiku Lands In Ibadan For The PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Ibadan / Five Anti-amaechi Lawmakers To Commence ‘impeachment’ Plans On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.