Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,297 members, 7,833,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Why The Presidential Hatred - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Presidential Hatred (10360 Views)

Made-In-Aba Products Being Carried Into The Presidential Villa (Photos) / Buhari Poses With His Son, Yusuf At The Presidential Villa. Photos / Buhari Receives Obasanjo At The Presidential Villa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by luvinhubby(m): 9:45am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

That will lead us into partisan politics which am trying to avoid on this thread. Moreover what banks sell is different from from what we hear on the parallel to market
Then please do not paste what you are not prepared to defend on this discourse, after all politics is part of our everyday life.
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by luvinhubby(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

Those references did not highlight anything on why the were quoted

Did you read them at all?
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by vega84(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2015
Who hates him? I doubt if we hav that time ,all we are saying is jst let us go finish! Nobody is interested in hating that a.boki! Meanwhile i fail to understand why a childs rapist ,with no waec will ever be a president of any country that wish to succed.#vegatalks

1 Like

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:52am On Dec 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

Then please do not paste what you are not prepared to defend on this discourse, after all politics is part of our everyday life.

You are right but I did not say politics I said partisan politics.
While we are it, we all know about the dollarizaction of the last election from the two major players, its the reverse effect we are feeling now.

1 Like

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

Did you read them at all?

Again and again
Maybe you can recheck the links and the relevance to why the were quoted
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:58am On Dec 26, 2015
vega84:
Who hates him? I doubt if we hav that time ,all we are saying is jst let us go finish! Nobody is interested in hating that a.boki! Meanwhile i fail to understand why a childs rapist ,with no waec will ever be a president of any country that wish to succed.#vegatalks

Your post speaks of hate.
Please explain how he is a rapist,
What was the nigerian legal age for sex when he raped whom he raped and has the person ever come out to say there was no consent

2 Likes

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by luvinhubby(m): 10:14am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

You are right but I did not say politics I said partisan politics.
While we are it, we all know about the dollarizaction of the last election from the two major players, its the reverse effect we are feeling now.
Those dollars were converted to naira before it fulfilled it's local purose & moreover, elections ended over 9 months ago so what else.
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:23am On Dec 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

Those dollars were converted to naira before it fulfilled it's local purose & moreover, elections ended over 9 months ago so what else.

Agreed that it's nine months but don't forget that the naira was devalued during the last administration towards the elections in the guise of making the market favourable for investors with dollars, and also for emptying our dollar vault for easier distribution, these things will certainly be reversed but it takes time

http://saharareporters.com/2015/03/27/dollarization-nigerian-economy-femi-falana
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by luvinhubby(m): 10:25am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

Again and again
Maybe you can recheck the links and the relevance to why the were quoted

In summary, the first link highlighted IMF's forecast of crude selling at $20 next year and the second link highlighted Standard Chartered removing Nigeria from it's bond index due to CBN's policy after JP Morgan had done so earlier or do you need links also of where our govt intends to borrow N1.84trillion next to finance it's budget deficit and you are there preaching better things ahead for Nigeria, i pray to God it does, but the outlook is grim my friend, very grim indeed.
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Enahi(f): 10:34am On Dec 26, 2015
@op you are very wrong, it doesn't have anything to do with i gbos. I am based in Lagos, you need to come see the way people have been insulting Buhari especially car owners and transporters.

Buhari deserves all the insults and he will get more if he is not careful.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by luvinhubby(m): 10:35am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

Agreed that it's nine months but don't forget that the naira was devalued during the last administration towards the elections in the guise of making the market favourable for investors with dollars, and also for emptying our dollar vault for easier distribution, these things will certainly be reversed but it takes time

http://saharareporters.com/2015/03/27/dollarization-nigerian-economy-femi-falana
And that same dollar sold for N202 to $1 immediately after the elections, or have you forgotten, how do explain that.
It skyrocket after FDIs stopped bringing funds into Nigeria and foreign investors started withdrawing funds from our stock market due to lack of economic policy direction and a non-existent medium and long term economic frame work.

1 Like

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:36am On Dec 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

In summary, the first link highlighted IMF's forecast of crude selling at $20 next year and the second link highlighted Standard Chartered removing Nigeria from it's bond index due to CBN's policy after JP Morgan had done so earlier or do you need links also of where our govt intends to borrow N1.84trillion next to finance it's budget deficit and you are there preaching better things ahead for Nigeria, i pray to God it does, but the outlook is grim my friend, very grim indeed.

I saw the first link and I understand it, the second link doesn't seem to have that reference.
Let's hope the results of the borrowing justifies it, but we are all in this together and that is why we are diversifying, and I just wanted hired ten plots for cassava cultivation
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Lordwize(m): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2015
realjoker:
so are these enough reason to hate him this much, because there is no correlation between all these your reasons with the hatred. Jonathan could not deliver 10% of his electoral promises but still yet your people call him their hero(understatement)
People hate and abuse GEJ more than this, wait till next year, if he continue like this, you will know that what you are seeing now is child's play.
He is winning the war on boko haram and that is a very good one.

1 Like

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:39am On Dec 26, 2015
Enahi:
@op you are very wrong, it doesn't have anything to do with i gbos. I am based in Lagos, you need to come see the way people have been insulting Buhari especially car owners and transporters.

You might be saying the truth.,
That doesn't explain why he is being insulted

1 Like

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by luvinhubby(m): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

I saw the first link and I understand it, the second link doesn't seem to have that reference.
Let's hope the results of the borrowing justifies it, but we are all in this together and that is why we are diversifying, and I just wanted hired ten plots for cassava cultivation
The diversification is even under threat as the only available option to Nigeria now is agricultural industrialization but pitifully, this govt does not want build on the foundation laid by GEJ through Adeshina in the Agric. sector out of shame and pride having condemned and criticized it as a fallacy during the elections.
If i may ask you, what is Buhari's agricultural change agenda, does he intend to start from where GEJ stopped or does he intend to start his own if so what?

1 Like

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by luvinhubby(m): 10:44am On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=Lordwize post=41353334]
People hate and abuse GEJ more than this, wait till next year, if he continue like this, you will know that what you are seeing now is child's play.
He is winning the war on boko haram and that is a very good one.[/quote

Even the war against boko was largely won by GEJ before the elections.

1 Like

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:44am On Dec 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

And that same dollar sold for N202 to $1 immediately after the elections, or have you forgotten, how do explain that.
It skyrocket after FDIs stopped bringing funds into Nigeria and foreign investors started withdrawing funds from our stock market due to lack of economic policy direction and a non-existent medium and long term economic frame work.

Currently a dollar is 198 naira, and the main stay of our economy is crude oil and most investors are in that sector, currently that sector is not profitable world wide
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Lordwize(m): 10:46am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

1.The fuel scarcity issue of is regrettable as the coordinating minister of petroleum we need to hear more about from the president, and that I agree.
2.The dollar amount versus naira can't be faulted on this administration.
3. Price of food skyrockets every festive season.
4. Traveling is necessary
5.INEC is an independent organisation and only two elections have been inconclusive of which are the reasons are not so bad
1. I'm not comfortable with INEC chairman coming from the same place with Mr. President.
2. Food was not expensive during last year Xmas.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:48am On Dec 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

The diversification is even under threat as the only available option to Nigeria now is agricultural industrialization but pitifully, this govt does not want build on the foundation laid by GEJ through Adeshina in the Agric. sector out of shame and pride having condemned and criticized it as a fallacy during the elections.
If i may ask you, what is Buhari's agricultural change agenda, does he intend to start from where GEJ stopped or does he intend to start his own if so what?

During my next off, I will put up a topic on that, right now I think it's too early to say the diversification is under threat as there are no indications to that.

1 Like

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by luvinhubby(m): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

Currently a dollar is 198 naira, and the main stay of our economy is crude oil and most investors are in that sector, currently that sector is not profitable world wide

Oga i meant the parallel market sold for N202 after the elections and not CBN rate.
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by luvinhubby(m): 10:52am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

During my next off, I will put up a topic on that, right now I think it's too early to say the diversification is under threat as there are no indications to that.
Will advise you to put up a thread to discus how Nigeria can work, this bogus nonsense called a nation is too superficial and cannot function effectively this way.
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:52am On Dec 26, 2015
Lordwize:

1. I'm not comfortable with INEC chairman coming from the same place with Mr. President.
2. Food was not expensive during last year Xmas.

Where someone is from should not be an issue, if he is upright enough, let's remove tribalism and religion from the discuss.
2.food has always been expensive during xmas

2 Likes

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:57am On Dec 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

Oga i meant the parallel market sold for N202 after the elections and not CBN rate.

The scarcity in the parallel market for is what is causing the rise in price. The vice president held a conference sometime last month which he explained a lot of changes in policies, this things take time, let's give them time if it does not not work out we will boot them out even though I don't have a voters card embarassed
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

Will advise you to put up a thread to discus how Nigeria can work, this bogus nonsense called a nation is too superficial and cannot function effectively this way.

Nigeria can work through diversification, and certainly is not a bogus nonsense.
Even though I work in the oil industry, I have always prayed for its collapse
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by luvinhubby(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

Nigeria can work through diversification, and certainly is not a bogus nonsense.
Even though I work in the oil industry, I have always prayed for its collapse
Unless your oil industry is somewhere in Trinidad & Tobago that may explain why you hold this opinion.
If i may ask you, why was the majority of the so-called progressives in the ruling APC today calling for true fiscal federalism before they became the ruling part? Please answer this question ASAP.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Lordave: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

I said outside the 97% / 5% miscalculation. Moreover the ministerial positions favours us and you don't expect those who stood by him not to to be rewarded more by him.
Are you alright?

How does the ministerial positions favour you feeble minded fellow?
With all your knowledge and detribalised self, you don't know that a minister of the Federal Republic is not a minister of Easter or Northern region? You don't know that your saviour, Buhari, can frustrate or even sack any minister that tends to favour your region? You can't be this shallow!

What do you mean by favour those who stood by him the more?
My brother, what happened to equity/equality, merit and quota system?
Why favour a certain people at the detriment of others in democratic government just because they campaigned for you? And even going as far as revealing it to the whole world?

You're trying to look smart to other ethnic groups, but the truth is that these ethnic groups know what you are.
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Enahi(f): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

You might be saying the truth.,
That doesn't explain why he is being insulted

I know the truth is bitter but Buhari is not really a likeable person. The Yorubas that voted for him obviously voted for him because of Osinbanjo.

People really don't like him except Northerners.
The other set of people that voted for him were people who needed change of Government.

Some months ago I didn't observe people openly abuse him until recently and it might be due to the issue of fuel and the hardship in the economy.

Yeah I know the i gbos has never liked him and the reason for that is what I don't really know, some said Buhari is anti-igbo.

I am not a fan of Buhari too but I have decided to also expect something good from his Government. If you can't beat them why not join them.
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by realjoker(m): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2015
Lordwize:

He is winning the war on boko haram and that is a very good one.
people do not start calling Jonathan all sort of names immediately after election, the name calling started after he removed subsidy from petrol.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

Unless your oil industry is somewhere in Trinidad & Tobago that may explain why you hold this opinion.
If i may ask you, why was the majority of the so-called progressives in the ruling APC today calling for true fiscal federalism before they became the ruling part? Please answer this question ASAP.

Thanks

The oil industry raised the benchmark for a lot of things
A lot of industries were ignored, people who could get jobs as teachers rather waited to be roustabouts. There are a lot of things I have seen in the oil industry that bleeds my heart. to me it has far outlived it's usefulness not because it has become useless but because it favours a thousand out of a million. The lead in ebonyi is not properly tapped, and so is bitumen, sugar, starch, snail and many more.
Don't forget this discourse is on why do people hate President Buhari
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by Lordave: 11:23am On Dec 26, 2015
Enahi:

Imagine angry

How can a sensible and a well educated person blame Igbos for all the hate against Buhari?

'I'm Igbo, my people hate Buhari but it's not good. We should get over the 2015 presidential election bla bla bla bla bla'. Nonsense!
Na only Igbos hate Buhari?
Have you seen other people coming out to claim too intelligent and detribalised by telling their ethnic groups to tone down the hatred for buhari?

What is even wrong in hating someone you don't love? No be say the person even like you.
Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by luvinhubby(m): 11:24am On Dec 26, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

The oil industry raised the benchmark for a lot of things
A lot of industries were ignored, people who could get jobs as teachers rather waited to be roustabouts. There are a lot of things I have seen in the oil industry that bleeds my heart. to me it has far outlived it's usefulness not because it has become useless but because it favours a thousand out of a million. The lead in ebonyi is not properly tapped, and so is bitumen, sugar, starch, snail and many more.
Don't forget this discourse is on why do people hate President Buhari

That did not answer my question, i said, the bulk of today's ruling APC progressives clamored for true fiscal federalism till they won the elections and kept quiet, why?

1 Like

Re: Why The Presidential Hatred by jumboo: 11:25am On Dec 26, 2015
luvinhubby:

This is a barefaced lie. I've attached pictures of parallel rate before and after elections. It never sold for 202. The only time it fell to around 210 was when the CBN banned the lodgment of dollars into domicilliary accounts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money / Tinubu Presidency Will Give Youths Chances In Business, Politics - Group / Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.