Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,043 members, 7,825,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

No To Getting A Car Because Am Single - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No To Getting A Car Because Am Single (44458 Views)

Getting A Divorce In A Court Registry Marriage.Lawyers' advice needed. / Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant / Getting A Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Exponental(m): 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
why do we have single girls without cars? car is a necessity, get it if u can afford it abeg
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ignis: 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
Jimdonnet:
Babe no buy car yet.my auntie who deals in cars is 44 and yet to see a man.

And you think it's because of car?

You sound so myopic.

2 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by harristo(m): 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
It is easy for other ladies to tell you that the men who would be intimidated by you don't matter but, what percentage of marriageable men do you think the bolder, richer men represent? By the time you are like a certain lady who just is approaching 40, just bought a banana mansion and still single, you will wish you kept a lower profile / made yourself approachable to all men.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by marshalcarter: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
Jimdonnet:

what's kwantakt
Contact na undecided
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by nanizle(m): 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
TooNoisy:
Sorry OP, you need to be careful with the people you call family. These are the type of people that will try to limit your dreams in future.

Even after you get married they will bring out new rules. I will tell you the truth, what most Nigerian men value more is a woman's character and not whether she drives a car.

Buying a car may seem to take you beyond the reach of some men, but trust me, those are not the men you want to marry if you are an upwardly mobile, goal oriented and trendy young lady.

Just go ahead and buy the car already.

Beautiful response.

Summary: Buy the car.

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Jimdonnet(m): 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
marshalcarter:
Contact na undecided

why.she is ugly o
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by babylawyr(f): 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
watered:
Babylawyr: grin you killed it and I owe you one bottle of amstel malt (though not cold)

Uncle watered, please how do I get my amstel malt. I'm taking this offer very seriously oo.this is the first time someone on NL is offering me anything.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
LaudGuy:
Any man that would be intimidated because of your car or your success generally doesn't deserve you.
20 likes

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by repogirl(f): 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

I really need your advice on something.

I am a lady in my late twenties and I work with a multinational company here in Lagos.
This is my third year on the job and I know I need a car now.

Now here's the issue; my siblings think that getting a car is a bad idea. Why? Cos am single.

My beloved brother said it would push men away from me shocked

Please does this not sound myopic? I really don't get it.

House how do you see this cos I feel down right now. sad

live your life for yourself and for no one else. If you need something, get it because you need it and forget whatever anyone else thinks most especially insecure boys (not real men).
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by marshalcarter: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
Jimdonnet:

why.she is ugly o
E dinor mata grin
Is she a car dealer or she has cars?? cheesy
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ChristineC: 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2015
Marriage is Important but not by force
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Drfinn: 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
OP, I have a female friend who sought for advice on this issue of buying a car as a single two years ago. She was downcast when she sought my opinion because her family, friends and church members kicked against it. I pointedly told her to buy the car. She did and has remained grateful till date even though she's still single.

My ex had a car. I didn't and still don't have. Did I ever felt inferior or intimidated? No! I knew what I was worth and she respected me for that. Whenever I visited her in lagos I drove her car. A real man knows his woman's worth and strives to bring out the best in her. A real man isn't intimidated by a successful woman.

So my dear sister go ahead and buy the car. You deserve it. If you don't treat yourself well no one will. Self love is the beginning of true love. The men that will feel intimidated by your owning a car where never meant to be part of your life. Don't let family, friends or whomsoever make you compromise your standards. Inasmuch as you remain true to yourself the right man will locate you. Thanks.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by menxer: 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
Babe, the truth be say the chase go change gear.

It's now "catch me if you can" grin

2 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by DeathStroke007(m): 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

I am a lady in my late twenties and I work with a multinational company here in Lagos.

Now here's the issue; my siblings think that getting a car is a bad idea. Why? Cos am single.

funke akindele is the answer to your question
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by holllandis: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2015
Is buying a car expensive in Nigeria ?
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by tochez24(m): 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
@op see dis s always a common african mentality...cos men tink dat once u hv a gud job,huz nd a car as a single den u must b definitely b hard 2control dats d basic truth.bt d world has changed u knw,men r no longer intimidated by d sucess of a lady,xooo far u dnt let dis material tins get into ur head nd start bein silly.its kk.jst mak sure u work on ur character once u get d car,dis wil gv any guy dat comes arnd second tot abt u.men SIMPLY luk out 4women wit gud character weda she rich or not once u r a wife material u r good 2go...dats d truth#by ur car nd enjoy life# kip ur xch in check dats all tank u
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by BiafranAirforce(m): 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
[s][quote author=omotohdarajugbogbolo post=41358353]Good day fam,

I totally disagree with your brother, you are matured, working and needed a car to make things easier for you. Only your attitude can chase men away from you not your car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by viktor01(m): 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
I think it's not such a good idea to buy a car now, the truth is, most men will perceive you as a high class babe seeing you in your ride and that could scare them away.
First impressions matter a lot. (My opinion though and subject to constructive criticism)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by henryhemon(m): 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
Dear Op,

Truth is it depends on your personality, if you have a trashy personality they will assume you are a runs girl and that's why you could afford to buy a car but it's a obviously a good thing because you will only attract men who are men enough not to be intimidated by a woman's success that's a woman who worked hard for it not one who used what she has to get it. I have female colleagues who owns cars,they are good girls and has good personality but the society are scared of them n see them as high class girls so few men approach them but they are really nice people.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

undecided
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Olasco93: 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

Please i just want to know the Meaning of your Moniker
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by ibnjarir93(m): 6:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

They are right to some extent. Yes getting a car will only drive away the insecure guys but real men will surely come.

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by asiwaju87(m): 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
As for me Babe, even if you like build an estate before your 30th birthday, I think the bottom line is just but for you to be honest and humble..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Analysiscorner: 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
It won't chase men away from you, rather it has a tendency of bringing the wrong type of suitors, those that would want to have you because of your money. Aside this, the idea of owning a car from your own sweat is very nice. Alternatively, you might also consider investing in landed properties, buying a plot of land in an area of your choice, which is an investment as opposed to car that is a liability , cause the value keeps depreciating with time, while you keep putting money into it for maintenance. If you still want a car go for a clean one to avoid visiting the mechanic always.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
Drfinn:
OP, I have a female friend who sought for advice on this issue of buying a car as a single two years ago. She was downcast when she sought my opinion because her family, friends and church members kicked against it. I pointedly told her to buy the car. She did and has remained grateful till date even though she's still single.

My ex had a car. I didn't and still don't have. Did I ever felt inferior or intimidated? No! I knew what I was worth and she respected me for that. Whenever I visited her in lagos I drove her car. A real man knows his woman's worth and strives to bring out the best in her. A real man isn't intimidated by a successful woman.

So my dear sister go ahead and buy the car. You deserve it. If you don't treat yourself well no one will. Self love is the beginning of true love. The men that will feel intimidated by your owning a car where never meant to be part of your life. Don't let family, friends or whomsoever make you compromise your standards. Inasmuch as you remain true to yourself the right man will locate you. Thanks.
but you didn't married her right!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by henryhemon(m): 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
Dear Op,

Truth is it depends on your personality, if you have a trashy personality they will assume you are a runs girl and that's why you could afford to buy a car but it's a obviously a good thing because you will only attract men who are men enough not to be intimidated by a woman's success that's a woman who worked hard for it not one who used what she has to get it. I have female colleagues who owns cars,they are good girls and has good personality but the society are scared of them n see them as high class girls so few men approach them but they are really nice people. My advise get yourself a car but have a great personality eventually real men grin won't be fazed by it.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by xtervaganza(m): 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
Jimdonnet:
Babe no buy car yet.my auntie who deals in cars is 44 and yet to see a man.

lol
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by AfroKnight: 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
Your attitude, mien, disposition towards possible suitors (not your car or wealth) would attract or repel them. It is just that most single ladies who drive nice cars have not made themselves approachable. But this is because of the individual and not her wealth.

If marriage is important to you, even if you buy that nice car, you will still attract a good man. Just be approachable. That's all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mitchyy(f): 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
Dear Op, i was once in your position. Friends, even some married women advised me against getting a car. But i ignored and went ahead to get a small saloon car. I believed the man meant for me can't run away because i have a car.
Today, i'm happily married to the man of my dreams who is everything i want in a husband. My car is one of the cars we drive as a family.
But here are some things i did:
I never flaunted the car in his face while we dated
I always let him drive while we were together with my car
I never let his friends or anyone know the car is mine except he tells them himself
I tried not to make him feel inferior cus i got a car before him

So it all boils down to how you act with the car. Be humble and let your humility shine through all your riches. Never act bossy, else it sends the wrong message.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Debeloved87(m): 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

You need a Car? Go get it
You need a man? Go get him, oh sorry, Go pray for him to sight you

But if you follow your brothers advice, good, well then send me the cash to produce the video of my debut single.. Lolz

Download it here https://www.nairaland.com/2824760/nairalander-dropped-gospel-debut-hit

Very seriously now, kindly download and rebroadcast.. Thanks.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by God2man(m): 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
The best thing to do is to buy the car and use it occasionally.

God2man.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Chinwem(f): 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
OP it is well with you
Buy your car but beware of scammers and gold diggers while you await your God given spouse

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Woman With Cancer Reveals, Husband Is Not The Father Of 3 Kids; Nigerians React / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? / How Often Should Couples Have Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.