Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

No To Getting A Car Because Am Single - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No To Getting A Car Because Am Single (44456 Views)

Getting A Divorce In A Court Registry Marriage.Lawyers' advice needed. / Pls Help!! What Are The Legal Implications Of Getting A Woman Pregnant / Getting A Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mitchyy(f): 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
asiwaju87:
As for me Babe, even if you like build an estate before your 30th birthday, I think the bottom line is just but for you to be honest and humble..

You've totally summed it up! Exactment!
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Analysiscorner: 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
ignis:

And you think it's because of car?

You sound so myopic.
but the car Could be a factor. You don't know.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Juliuxxxxx: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
Cutehector:
In ur late twenties

Multinational coy

Buy a car

grin

And ur brother says it will chase men away from u?

Babe abeg pass me ur number wink
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Drfinn: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
sonofananimal:
but you didn't married her right!

We where engaged but things didn't go as planned. If you have the time go through my topics I shared it here on Nairaland : October 24th,my introduction date that never came through. That's the heading. It had nothing to do with material possession.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by watered(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
babylawyr:

Uncle watered, please how do I get my amstel malt. I'm taking this offer very seriously oo.this is the first time someone on NL is offering me anything.
Well I know it will be difficult through a courier service I would have done that. Let me request for your state of domicile. I'm waiting
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Juliuxxxxx: 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
Men don run for sister LINDA finish bah?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Bollinger(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
If buying a car by a woman will make men feel intimidated in Nigeria, then una no go fit marry for Europe and America oooo. The mentality in Nigeria is mind boggling i swear. I wonder how the thought process works over there.

4 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by blessedfavoured: 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by aniokwe: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
No dear it won't wldd only mk us knw u r an asset and nt a liability.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Eddygourdo(m): 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
Cutehector:
In ur late twenties

Multinational coy

Buy a car

grin

hector. You alone is a bad gang
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nelgenius4me(m): 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hello Lady, there is no law(s) that prohibit a single lady from owning a car. It's only a wrong perception borne by some who feel if a single lady owns a car she must be doing the "unusual". For a working class lady like you,. there is something to show that you possess the means to acquire a car.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Chigorkizz(m): 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
Buying a car will attract play boys into ur life.

They might be of same class with you but all they want is to chop and clean mouth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by mideactive: 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
Owning a car is 4ur own comfort,I don't see hw dat stops u 4rm getin a gud man.except if u'v got too much ego or bad attitude.I think d main reason y we'v got so many single guys dis day is bcus no man wants liability in his life.d truth is ladies like u is wat men of vision wants.pls don't deprive urself of ur comfort

omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

I really need your advice on something.

I am a lady in my late twenties and I work with a multinational company here in Lagos.
This is my third year on the job and I know I need a car now.

Now here's the issue; my siblings think that getting a car is a bad idea. Why? Cos am single.

My beloved brother said it would push men away from me shocked

Please does this not sound myopic? I really don't get it.

House how do you see this cos I feel down right now. sad

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by wazobiaforu(m): 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
I see it this way,

Late twenties should be from 27 to 29, and you don't have a prospective husband already? If yes then something is supposed to be take care of before car,

Your siblings that advised you should not get a car now might noticed kind of arrogance in you and Surely owing a car will make it fast obvious.

My advise, you might turn 30 next year, it's better to hold on now because surely cars will send more Nigerian guys away from having the confidence of asking you out.

But if you have a guy and his in support of this, my dear go buy a good ride and don't buy any car you see gallon on it because the stress will wash away your beauty..lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
mitchyy:
Dear Op, i was once in your position. Friends, even some married women advised me against getting a car. But i ignored and went ahead to get a small saloon car. I believed the man meant for me can't run away because i have a car.
Today, i'm happily married to the man of my dreams who is everything i want in a husband. My car is one of the cars we drive as a family.
But here are some things i did:
I never flaunted the car in his face while we dated
I always let him drive while we were together with my car
I never let his friends or anyone know the car is mine except he tells them himself
I tried not to make him feel inferior cus i got a car before him

So it all boils down to how you act with the car. Be humble and let your humility shine through all your riches. Never act bossy, else it sends the wrong message.
What's wrong in 'flaunting' your car? And you didn't have to pretend to his friends about your ownership of the car.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
Drfinn:

We where engaged but things didn't go as planned. If you have the time go through my topics I shared it here on Nairaland : October 24th,my introduction date that never came through. That's the heading. It had nothing to do with material possession.
wow!

Always hate anything that deals with the heart!

1 Like

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by blessedfavoured: 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
Bollinger:
If buying a car by a woman will make men feel intimidated in Nigeria, then una no go fit marry for Europe and America oooo. The mentality in Nigeria is mind boggling i swear. I wonder how the thought process works over there.

This is not totally true though, my experience has been the opposite.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
i dont think so....
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by blessedfavoured: 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
CFCman:

What's wrong in 'flaunting' your car? And you didn't have to pretend to his friends about your ownership of the car.

I saw that and I was thinking Thank God this is coming from a guy. Real men have no problem with it.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by cowgirl9090: 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2015
Cutehector:
In ur late twenties

Multinational coy

Buy a car

grin

grin grin this is really funny. that's to say it attracts gold diggers to her? tongue
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2015
Bollinger:
Preach it. In America, girls as young as 19,20 own cars sef. Some of them drive BMWs. That means most Naija guys no go look their side grin
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by katoto: 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
It will attract the good,the bad n the ugly.Op you have to be careful over the choice of men you will make after buying the car.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Bollinger(m): 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
blessedfavoured:

This is not totally true though, my experience has been the opposite.

What exactly are you saying?
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by jackpot(f): 6:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
Idrismusty97:
What kind of silly logic is this? If getting a car will chase men away from you then you should be thankful. Those men/boys aren't even worth your time. I would have insult the people that inject that silly logic in your head if only they aren't your family.
if you are a lady in her late twenties, you will understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by kidsam: 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
I think what will push men away is that at this stage of your life, you cannot make a decision for yourself with respect to what you consider your need.
If after working for 3 years in a multinational company with supposed multinational exposure, you reach the conclusion that you need a car, then your brother's opinion leaves you confused as to whether you should meet that need or not, then I fear that if you find the husband, most likely your brother's or family's opinion will influence your responses to whatever decisions your husband and yourself ought to take.
I can promise you, this is a turnoff for any husband.
So dear, reconsider what you think is your need and DECIDE whether you want to meet it or not.
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Malakh: 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
it's the level of thinking and poverty in that country that makes it tough for a guy to approach a woman with ride, I wouldn't think that would be the same thing overseas, getting a car is not that hard or expensive there,even without a car I can approach any woman, when someone has their own house or apt with a stable job,I dont think not having a car should deter a man from approaching a woman or vice-versa, sometimes it might be licencing problems etc, is it the car you are after or the character
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by LaurelP(m): 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
Op it's not the car that will drive men away.
it's your attitude. If you allow the car to get into your head and you start feeling pompous and disrespectful, then men will be intimidated to come to you.

All I can say is drive the car but don't let it drive you. still remain your humble self and men will even be more attracted to you

4 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by zemaye: 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
babylawyr:
Truth be told and I'm speaking from experience now, driving in a car will limit the number of guys that will have access to you.

However, it will improve the quality of guys that approach you.

So its quality over quantity. You choose.
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by musicwriter(m): 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
omotohdarajugbogbolo:
Good day fam,

I really need your advice on something.

I am a lady in my late twenties and I work with a multinational company here in Lagos.
This is my third year on the job and I know I need a car now.

Now here's the issue; my siblings think that getting a car is a bad idea. Why? Cos am single.

My beloved brother said it would push men away from me shocked

Please does this not sound myopic? I really don't get it.

House how do you see this cos I feel down right now. sad

This post came just on time!.

I currently have a lady I used to know some time in past when she was on the street. After several years saw her again and she now have a big boutique and drive not one but 2 cars. There's nothing she have not done to make sure I marry her, but of course I'm not interested. I'm not here to say a lot just in case she's on Nairaland.

Do you know what I'm thinking?.

How did this lady of not more than 35 get this rich in Africa?.

Could it be she's prostituting or done before?.

Did she kill a man to get this rich?.

I mean, last time I saw this girl in 2008 I gave her some money. Lot of thoughts rushing in my head.

To those saying because you'll intimidate men, they don't know what they're talking about. Intimidation or whatever they call it will have many psychological explanations. For example; I wouldn't marry you cause I'll erroneously or rightly assume you're having an affair with a sugar daddy who bought you a car.

Your family are obviously right and they care for you to give you that piece of advice. That's the kind of society we live in.

However, you have your life to live.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by Bollinger(m): 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
CFCman:

Preach it. In America, girls as young as 19,20 own cars sef. Some of them drive BMWs. That means most Naija guys no go look their side grin

19 ke? Most states issue drivers license to 17 year olds. Just have a Job, decent credit and your are good to go. God help Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by yinkus204(m): 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
GoodSamaritan:
Op I want u to ask yourself why u have worked in a multinational company for 3yrs & yet no husband. Then, check all the advanced single ladies in your organization & try to know why they aren't married. You will agree with me that majority of them own cars.

Let me be frank with u, most ladies who buy car before marriage hardly find suitors. Some ladies buy car with the believe that rich guys will approach them & they later find out that it is not like that most times. You know why? Most guys who own cars use the cars to chase babes who don't have cars because they appreciate them more than girls who own cars.

I know so many beautiful ladies who own cars but no husband. Most of them come to me for prayers in tears. I really pity them. Some of my friends are even begging me to marry one out of several of them working in oil company but the problem is that I don't see love in them. I only see desperation.

Don't do something that will make your friends & family begin to beg men to pls marry u. Pls be wise & patient.

I know of 2 sisters from a wealthy home. Their mum bought them a car each after graduation. The younger one refused to use hers. She parked it at home till she got married & gave it to her husband. The elder sister is prettier but no husband for over 5yrs since she has been riding her big car around.

Op, the choice is yours! Good luck
best reply ever hav see in 2015

4 Likes

Re: No To Getting A Car Because Am Single by nkemdi89(f): 6:37pm On Dec 26, 2015
U
ronald4lif:
Absolute bunkum. Any man who would feel intimidated coz you own a car has self-esteem issues and you don't need such a man in your life. They are usually vicious, aggressive and potential women beaters. So I say, if getting one will distance such men from you then go for it.

Your relatives are living in the past and are yet to come to terms that career driven independent is the new sexy and indeed every real man's dream.
God bless you thank this is coming from a man, I got my first car at 24 and I don't regret, only insecure and envious men will run away, those with big balls will come, car isn't asset but necessity, besides even those condemning me before still enter my car and have use it to assist people both at work and other functions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? / Woman With Cancer Reveals, Husband Is Not The Father Of 3 Kids; Nigerians React / How Often Should Couples Have Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.