Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! (11757 Views)

Top Googleplay Apps Made By Nigerians for Nigerians / Wonder Promos – Are GSM Companies Taking Nigerians For A Ride? / 90,000 Mb And 1 Million Sms On Airtel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by puskin: 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2009
I tried 2gv dis promo d benefit of doubt by keeping MUM on d issue, but afta c-ing wat i saw nw on their site, i just hv 2comment.
Going 2their site 2hv a look @d list of fone winners within d last 24hrs as they said. I came across a name dat won twice in d same time band, xactly 2.06am nd 2.59am. Nw since they said 2fones r up 4grabs evry hr nd a person is only entitled 2win one of d fones evry hr nd a max. of 2fones 2b won per individual during d promo.
Hw cum dis scenario i highlighted above.
Hmmm!! Fishy things in fishy places.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by puskin: 9:00pm On Jun 13, 2009
I tried 2gv dis promo d benefit of doubt by keeping MUM on d issue, but afta c-ing wat i saw nw on their site, i just hv 2comment.
Going 2their site 2hv a look @d list of fone winners within d last 24hrs as they said. I came across a name dat won twice in d same time band, xactly 2.06am nd 2.59am. Nw since they said 2fones r up 4grabs evry hr nd a person is only entitled 2win one of d fones evry hr nd a max. of 2fones 2b won per individual during d promo.
Hw cum dis scenario i highlighted above.
Hmmm!! Fishy things in fishy places.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by NAIJAVOICE(m): 1:27am On Jun 14, 2009
If it's about giving away $1 million they have the money because the so called telecom company make millions of dollars from the nigerian market but i quite agree with you that there a lot of dilapitated infrastructure everywhere in nigeria which they can focus with the money.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by abrad(m): 5:38am On Jun 14, 2009
Hold your horses before you guys start calling anyone dumb or stupid!

Before they even brought GSM to Nigeria, didn't we all think it will never happen? And if they told you NEPA was going to give you light 24/7, won't you tell them to shut their traps? Then I guess that's why this promo is so unbelievable.

I decided to investigate all of this stuff that you guys are talking about and whoever does not believe this has every right to, but by the time someone walks away with the One Million Dollars and he's a friend of yours who's up north or down south, then all the Lagos people who are too educated to believe will scratch their heads and run to the next thing Etisalat has to offer.

From the information gathered from their website, in addition to the $1Million that's for take-away at the end, apparently, there's other cash prizes for about 70-something people to win up to N5Million each or something, plus the two phones every hour that I hear some guy has already picked up two of them.

Instead of us abusing these telcos and calling their execs stupid, foolish and crazy, I think we should all look at it from the perspective that at the end of the day, the competition will bring progress and growth for the industry.

Haba, when this same Etisalat started hiring and was doling out heavy salaries, did you complain? Have you heard of any staff say that their salary has not been paid for one day?

So abeg, let's stop complaining and give them credit. Me, I don participate, never win phone, but I go still dey try. After I don win, I go send you people One Thosand Dolls make you share! smiley Pere!

Nairalanders, sometimes, use facts not bottles of beer,

1 Like

Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by abrad(m): 5:41am On Jun 14, 2009
@ Pushkin: Did the winner emerge for the same day or a different day?
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by puskin: 6:59am On Jun 14, 2009
Same day, same hour. Wch is why im having my doubts.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by sisqology(m): 8:42am On Jun 14, 2009
Gone
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by sisqology(m): 8:44am On Jun 14, 2009
Gone
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by sisqology(m): 8:45am On Jun 14, 2009
Gone
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by yunghova(m): 8:52am On Jun 14, 2009
Don't you
abrad:

@ Pushkin: Did the winner emerge for the same day or a different day?

puskin:

Same day, same hour. Which is why is having my doubts.
h

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

Has it ever occurred to you that this is a multiple entry bonanaza?. when you are here discouraging the whole of nairaland not to partake, then someone motivated is recharging and sending multiple entries, you think he does not derseve to win?

Has it ever occurred to you that they may not be the same person?
I have two MR Joseph Adewusis in my workplace, are the same person?

has it ever occurred to you that the winner may have a dual sim phone with an easycliq sim and easy starter sim? and he entered the bonanza with them,

There are a lot of scenarios and it irks me when people have a myopic view about things they do not know anything about.
[/font]
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by cooldud62: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2009
lol@puskin, do you need to go that far to see lies written all over them It is open 419!

@yunghova, i guess you work for them innit? No one is hating, we are just telling them to do better! There is no monkey

in Idanre again!
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by yunghova(m): 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2009
[size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#770077][/color]
@ cooldude, lol, no. I am not working for them. I try as much as possible to garner facts off the internet, that is what the internet is for, innit?
Monkey in idanre, lol where is idanre? Hahahahahahaha
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by puskin: 5:35am On Jun 15, 2009
@yunghova
Pls, b4 U open dat ur ITK mouth. I only stated wat i saw, ma opinion nd tots about 'em. They r not rite, neither r they wrong. They r just sum1's tots nd opinion.
Cèfìnì.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by rhymz(m): 11:57am On Jun 15, 2009
Funny how many Nigerianz re taking dis promoz serious,I understand Etisalat is d biggest telcom in Africa & middle East but dat's not enuf to make U think they'll jst dole out 1mil dollz,guyz come on, do d mathz,how many ppl do U know dat ve won such a sum 4rm a promo both 4rm past & present,this is jst a 4ck marketing stunts & I fink d appropriate authoritiez should luk into theze claimz.
How long ve dis company move into d nigerian telcom market,what's dier market size of d telcom mkt,i mean dis guyz ve some money gulping projectz they re yet to commence in order to expand why will dey want to throw a mill dollz when they re yet to start makin real profit,which serious biz entity will do dat,abi dem no get start when dem go pay salariez to.Guyz make Una use una brain and stop building castlez in d air,d only place U will win dat much in a promo is in Ur dreamz and I tell U d moment U wake up 4rm dat dream,U realize U ve squandared a mill dollaz U neva had.Feelz gud though but U cant take it to d bank.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by rhymz(m): 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2009
Funny how many Nigerianz re taking dis promoz serious,I understand Etisalat is d biggest telcom in Africa & middle East but dat's not enuf to make U think they'll jst dole out 1mil dollz,guyz come on, do d mathz,how many ppl do U know dat ve won such a sum 4rm a promo both 4rm past & present,this is jst a 4ck marketing stunts & I fink d appropriate authoritiez should luk into theze claimz.
How long ve dis company move into d nigerian telcom market,what's dier market size of d telcom mkt,i mean dis guyz ve some money gulping projectz they re yet to commence in order to expand why will dey want to throw a mill dollz when they re yet to start makin real profit,which serious biz entity will do dat,abi dem no get start when dem go pay salariez to.Guyz make Una use una brain and stop building castlez in d air,d only place U will win dat much in a promo is in Ur dreamz and I tell U d moment U wake up 4rm dat dream,U realize U ve squandared a mill dollaz U neva had.Feelz gud though but U cant take it to d bank.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by nakoks(m): 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2009
Well i have been thinking about this promo stuff and have come to the folllowing conclusion.If etisalast can through this promo get 10million subscribers to purchase their starter packs at 200 naira and recharge with at least 200naira that would amount to 4billion naira.So wats d fuss with paying 145million.Guys most of this promos work on these calculations and they get to pay a wwinner.My guy won a Camry 2009 in the UBA gunners promo for just getting a gunners card and loading it with 20 dollars.May the lucky guy win the $1million dollars.For me its real.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by nakoks(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2009
Well i have been thinking about this promo stuff and have come to the folllowing conclusion.If etisalast can through this promo get 10million subscribers to purchase their starter packs at 200 naira and recharge with at least 200naira that would amount to 4billion naira.So wats d fuss with paying 145million.Guys most of this promos work on these calculations and they get to pay a wwinner.My guy won a Camry 2009 in the UBA gunners promo for just getting a gunners card and loading it with 20 dollars.May the lucky guy win the $1million dollars.For me its real.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by yunghova(m): 9:28pm On Jun 15, 2009
puskin:

@yunghova
Pls, b4 U open dat ur ITK mouth. I only stated wat i saw, ma opinion nd tots about 'em. They r not rite, neither r they wrong. They r just sum1's tots nd opinion.
Cèfìnì.

[size=8pt]lol, @ ItK mouth, I wonder why you have to attack my person just to prove a point, I will not give you that joy of stepping down to your level, I will disregard your comment and still reiterate that you confirm facts before you go to post,
Your opinion is your opinion, no doubt, but when you begin to post it for public consumption, keep it your opinion, do not skew it or bias it in order to get people to your side. This is where facts come in. facts are what will make people buy your opinion , lack of it will make them reject it,
chikena!
[/size]
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by na2day2(m): 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2009
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by rhymz(m): 11:43pm On Jun 15, 2009
@Nakok,men Ur mathz iz so so not right,re U kidding me?How can handing out a mill dolla check to one person give U 10 million suscribers,damn it Niggi!Are U for real?Do U know how many yrz it MTN,GLO & ZAIN to get up to 5million suscriberz.Besidez promos don't get U dat,expansion & gud services do.Etisalat is barely 2yrz in nigeria & U honestly fink they can get 10million suscriberz 4rm this fuckin lie even in d face of already established Giants like MTN,GLO & zain.Men!Pls raise d bar of this arguement,i mean even a kid will see d flawz in Ur so simple analysis.By d way,how many ppl do U know dat Use etisalat?U & I know dat serious minded nigerian use it,infact, at best thier linez re used by most ppl when there's a promo afta dat,it diez a natural death & getz a decent burial.
Understand dat and don't decieve Urself with dat very flawed businez tacticz.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by rhymz(m): 12:00am On Jun 16, 2009
@Nakok,men Ur mathz iz so so not right,re U kidding me?How can handing out a mill dolla check to one person give U 10 million suscribers,damn it Niggi!Are U for real?Do U know how many yrz it MTN,GLO & ZAIN to get up to 5million suscriberz.Besidez promos don't get U dat,expansion & gud services do.Etisalat is barely 2yrz in nigeria & U honestly fink they can get 10million suscriberz 4rm this fuckin lie even in d face of already established Giants like MTN,GLO & zain.Men!Pls raise d bar of this arguement,i mean even a kid will see d flawz in Ur so simple analysis.By d way,how many ppl do U know dat Use etisalat?U & I know dat serious minded nigerian use it,infact, at best thier linez re used by most ppl when there's a promo afta dat,it diez a natural death & getz a decent burial.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by rhymz(m): 12:17am On Jun 16, 2009
@Nakok,men Ur mathz iz so so not right,re U kidding me?How can handing out a mill dolla check to one person give U 10 million suscribers,damn it Niggi!Are U for real?Do U know how many yrz it took MTN,GLO & ZAIN to get up to 5million suscriberz.Besidez promos don't get U dat,expansion & gud services do.Etisalat is barely 2yrz in nigeria & U honestly fink they can get 10million suscriberz 4rm this fuckin lie even in d face of stif and quality competition from d already established Giants like MTN,GLO & zain.Men!Pls raise d bars of this arguement,don't argue like a child, i mean even a kid will see d flawz in Ur so simple analysis.By d way,how many ppl do U know dat Use etisalat?U & I know dat serious minded nigerian don't use it,infact, at best thier linez re used by most ppl when there's a promo afta dat,it diez a natural death & getz a decent burial.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by twinstaiye(m): 10:18am On Jun 16, 2009
NCC is not expected to perform the role of governmental agencies who are in direct supervision of promos. Agencies such as the Consumer Protection Council, Advertisement Practitioners Council and Lotteries Regulatory Body.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by pek(m): 11:07am On Jun 16, 2009
why all this hate? if etisalat is running a promo, you can enter or forget it! let us wait at the end of the promo, if nobody wins the 1 million dollars then we can shout or sue them.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by pek(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2009
why all this hate? if etisalat is running a promo, you can enter or forget it! let us wait at the end of the promo, if nobody wins the 1 million dollars then we can shout or sue them.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by zatto: 2:14pm On Jun 16, 2009
u too organise ur own promo let us see.u havent given them a benefit of doubt and naija is a free country wat ever they do is their business. if u can sit down and bad mouth a company then guy go and look for a real job and stop giving your self hypertension.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by whatalife: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2009
@poster,
Take a look this
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/07/eveningnews/main5069610.shtml?source=RSSattr=U.S._5069610

the young boy won $232million .

In Todd County, South Dakota, one of the nation's poorest places, the Wanless family struggled more than most.

"They were just so darned poor," said family friend Jim Colombe.

The sign to their ranch is broken, showing just how hard financial life's been lately.

The family was barely getting by selling scrap metal -- and they're reportedly behind nearly $4,000 in property taxes.

Just when it seemed things couldn't get worse, they got a whole lot better, reports CBS News correspondent Bianca Solarzano.

"I need some time to let this sink in …" said Neal Wanless, 23. Wanless was on his way to buy livestock feed when he decided to give luck a shot. He picked up Powerball tickets in the nearby town where he was born -- a place named Winner!

"I'd like to thank the Lord for giving me this opportunity and blessing me with this great fortune," said Wanless.

After a lump-sum payment and taxes, Wanless takes $88.5 million back to the ranch. And that's where he'll stay, he says, buy some extra land, keep working - and start helping.

"My family has been helped by the community and I intend to repay it back many times over,'' he said.

"That's just the way it is in this part of the state, people help people, we know one another,'' said Timothy Grablander, mayor of Mission, S.D., the tiny town where the Wanless ranch is.

On The Early Show Monday, Grablander described the Wanless family as a "typical ranch family" for that neck of the woods, "very down-to-earth, rural people.

Grablander said he's "sure" Wanless will keep his word and give back to the commnity.

A down on his luck cowboy who won big in a town called Winner -- is Hollywood listening?
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by whatalife: 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2009
@poster,
Take a look this
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/07/eveningnews/main5069610.shtml?source=RSSattr=U.S._5069610

the young boy won $232million .

In Todd County, South Dakota, one of the nation's poorest places, the Wanless family struggled more than most.

"They were just so darned poor," said family friend Jim Colombe.

The sign to their ranch is broken, showing just how hard financial life's been lately.

The family was barely getting by selling scrap metal -- and they're reportedly behind nearly $4,000 in property taxes.

Just when it seemed things couldn't get worse, they got a whole lot better, reports CBS News correspondent Bianca Solarzano.

"I need some time to let this sink in …" said Neal Wanless, 23. Wanless was on his way to buy livestock feed when he decided to give luck a shot. He picked up Powerball tickets in the nearby town where he was born -- a place named Winner!

"I'd like to thank the Lord for giving me this opportunity and blessing me with this great fortune," said Wanless.

After a lump-sum payment and taxes, Wanless takes $88.5 million back to the ranch. And that's where he'll stay, he says, buy some extra land, keep working - and start helping.

"My family has been helped by the community and I intend to repay it back many times over,'' he said.

"That's just the way it is in this part of the state, people help people, we know one another,'' said Timothy Grablander, mayor of Mission, S.D., the tiny town where the Wanless ranch is.

On The Early Show Monday, Grablander described the Wanless family as a "typical ranch family" for that neck of the woods, "very down-to-earth, rural people.

Grablander said he's "sure" Wanless will keep his word and give back to the commnity.

A down on his luck cowboy who won big in a town called Winner -- is Hollywood listening?
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by cooldud62: 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2009
@whatalife,
you know why i didn't reply all along? Cos your post made no sense! I have no intention of attacking your person. I'm sorry if it cuts across that way.
You are here talking about lottery when we are talking about promo!
Did you take your time to read through my post? I made it clear that lotteries were out of it as even in Nigeria, lotteries were won to the tune of multimillions.

What is bad is bad and i don't know why we all don't want to agree that this promo is wrong and should be stopped. In fact, if i have support from enough people on this forum, i will call a press conference! Nonsense!
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by carbank: 7:32am On Jun 18, 2009
The question is What if it is true and my neighbour wins it while i am trying to close it down, I wouldn't want that to happen to me, and the promo is not all about $1million , there are two phones won per hour for 90 days, By calculation, that is 2 x 24 X 90 x N30,000 (average price of phones) = NGN 129,600,000 which is approximately $0.87 million dollars (N148 per dollar official rate)

So if $1 millions is a lie, is the phone give out a lie, go to any of their shops in Lagos and see people collecting phone by the hour, let me even give you a hint people are staying up late till 2 a.m to play this thing.

People I go play my own!
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by carbank: 7:38am On Jun 18, 2009
The question is What if  it is true and my neighbour wins it while i am trying to close it down, I wouldn't want that to happen to me, and the promo is not all about $1million , there are two phones won per hour for 90 days,  By calculation, that is 2 x 24 X 90 x  N30,000 (average price of phones)   = NGN 129,600,000 which is approximately $0.87 million dollars (N148 per dollar official rate)

So if $1 millions is a lie, is the phone give out a lie, go to any of their shops in Lagos and see people collecting phone by the hour, let me even give you a hint people are staying up late till 2 a.m to play this thing.

People I go play my own!
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by insongrata(m): 7:58am On Jun 18, 2009
There is no doubt whatsoever on my mind that some telecom operators's spies crawl around in this nairaland forum for "nefarious", betraying purposes.
Soon I shall expose them through my intrinsic submersible assay process.
Just a little while now and they'l be fished out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INFINIX NOTE 4 Pro:the Xpen,newest Feature On Fleek / Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones / Charging Issues With Tecno Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.