Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! (11755 Views)

Top Googleplay Apps Made By Nigerians for Nigerians / Wonder Promos – Are GSM Companies Taking Nigerians For A Ride? / 90,000 Mb And 1 Million Sms On Airtel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by rasputinn(m): 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2009
In any case,something tells me peeps are gon' latch on to the promo like wytch,my bro,never underestimate the power of hunger grin grin grin
On the other hand,isn't the consumer protection agancey supposed to monitor the promo or something
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by seaman104(m): 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2009
The day i saw that advert, i vex damage there line. bushit them tongue
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by seaman104(m): 9:12pm On Jun 11, 2009
The day i saw that advert, i vex damage there line. bushit them tongue
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by royalicon(m): 10:46pm On Jun 11, 2009
@poster

PLS CALM DOWN OOOOOOOOOOO grin, Those that cannot reason deep down will surely leap into it,
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by royalicon(m): 11:25pm On Jun 11, 2009
@poster

PLS CALM DOWN OOOOOOOOOOO grin, Those that cannot reason deep down will surely leap into it,
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by iyan(m): 9:52am On Jun 12, 2009
Well just leave them for what they are,trying to move aggresively into the market. Mind you guys there are clever pple outside there,so no one can be taken as fool unless someone him/herself is 419.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by iyan(m): 9:56am On Jun 12, 2009
Well just leave them for what they are,trying to move aggressively into the market. Mind you guys there are clever pple outside there,so no one can be taken as fool unless someone him/herself is 419.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by maxtop(m): 10:01am On Jun 12, 2009
Calm down, are you alright now. dont mind our leader they sold us cheaply to this 'foreigners'. No be there faults, abi.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by maxtop(m): 10:03am On Jun 12, 2009
Calm down, are you alright now. dont mind our leader they sold us cheaply to this 'foreigners'. No be there faults, abi.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by maxtop(m): 10:07am On Jun 12, 2009
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by maxtop(m): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2009
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Vuitton(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2009
Dont get yourself worked up over this undecided

You are entitlrd to ur opinion but lets face our own struvz cool
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by maxtop(m): 10:25am On Jun 12, 2009
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Nezan(m): 11:04am On Jun 12, 2009
rasputinn:

In any case,something tells me peeps are gon' latch on to the promo like wytch,my bro,never underestimate the power of hunger grin grin grin
On the other hand,isn't the consumer protection agancey supposed to monitor the promo or something
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Nezan(m): 11:07am On Jun 12, 2009
rasputinn:

On the other hand,isn't the consumer protection agency supposed to monitor the promo or something
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by rhymz(m): 11:44am On Jun 12, 2009
My fellow nigerianz,somtymz Una dey dull d dreadluck wey dey my fine yansh with very unintelligent posts.How can most of us here insinuate running phony promo is a legitimate way of making money.Abi is it because d elaborate scam is cooperate in nature,what makes Us think unsuspecting nigerians wont fall d scam en mass.I ve been a victim myself,dose stupid guyz & galz dat come up on TV & put up ridiculously dis-arrange letterz & ask U to make a word of it,swindled my #750 airtime as i waz calling they were deducting #200 & kept cutting me off until the finish my credit.I started wondering why NTA will aid & abet dis kind of programmez on a national & yet we say is marketing strategy,i bet yahoo is a business strategy as well,rubbish!!Instead of condemin things lyk dis some guyz re busy regurgitating d crap otherz ve posted.
@poster,thankz 4 bringing dis to d notice of unsuspecting Nigerianz,all d previous phony promoz,4rm glo,MTN,ZAIN etc,i'm yet to see any original winner besidz what we see on Tv.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Oluschenco(m): 11:51am On Jun 12, 2009
[size=8pt]U need to come down and think about something else, that's just a marketing strategy.
But they are fools over there to be fooling us. They should have turned that kind of a huge money to free calls from say 12pm to 3pm.

Don't mind them, they know Nigerians are always made when it comes to money matterrrrrrrrr! Cheers
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by yunghova(m): 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2009
[size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]It is so funny the way Nigerians react to issues that are actually non issues, 
carefully take some minutes and get the market values of all the cars that Glo has been giving out: 500 cars, multiply them by the market value, keep them aside, then add the motorcycles, generators etc,  then tell me that 1 million dollars is not paltry. maybe the dollar appendage is actually turning your brains upside down,
Diamond bank actually gave someone 100 million naira a few months. that is a lil short of 1 million dollars.

For all of you that are yapping, do you actually know who etisalat is?

etisalat paid 2.5 billion dollars to get a 3.75g license in Egypt.  So you think etisalat is Nitel?
48 high end phones are being won daily for the next 90 days,  those that won the phones will qualify for the next round of people who will compete for 1 million each for 9 people, then the lucky 9 winners will now go for the 1 million dollars or to get your head right, 160 million naira.
Femi otedola  don give presidential library 100 million naira before, e remain a fortune 500 company like etisalat.

get your facts right and quit griping,

For the person that said that the 300 secs promised were not given, Nigerians have  poor reading habits. how many people read the terms and conditions on a loan form? just a few, the rest want to sign the form and run away with the money,
if u migrate from easy starter to easy cliq, that is one package to another, you can't carry over services and products, anytime people hear awoof, they go just jump without a careful consideration of what is involved.

While you are here, raising dust on nairaland, people are winning, That i know of
[/font]
[/size]
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by donjon: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2009
Still, what is bad, is BAD!
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by jiganshow(m): 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2009
i wonder when i heard about it on radio
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by MUZBO(m): 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2009
You can argue this both ways but the fact remains that the regulatory agency can curb any excesses and probable cons of these companies. One more thing, you know what they say; you cannot con a honest man, never! If Nigerians are truly honest then etisalat wouldn't waste time with these 'con-ful' schemes.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Tokotaya: 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2009
That prize money is way too much. This is how the naira is being bastardized. They could split that money and make it go round more people.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by MUZBO(m): 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2009
You can argue this both ways but the fact remains that the regulatory agency can curb any excesses and probable cons of these companies. One more thing, you know what they say; you cannot con a honest man, never! If Nigerians are truly honest then etisalat wouldn't waste time with these 'con-ful' schemes.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by Rooneyboy(m): 10:22pm On Jun 12, 2009
Wel i think ETISALAT is only deceivin themselves.But No doubt loads of Nigerians wld end up bein deceived because of d level of hunger & poverty amidst us. This their recent promo is very questionable. Y in Christ name should they give an individual $1,000,000.00 (on the last day)and 2phones hourly?The gap is 2 wide which tells us dat somtin is fishy.Wit my calculation,$1,000,000 goes down #180,000,000. I mean what would someone like me lookin 4 an #80,000 job use dat kind of money 4. It would hv made more sense if they said 180 nigerians would win #1,000,000 each between now & d end of the promo. Well after seeing d advert on d papers, I searched my old Ghana-must-go bag where i keep junk and scrapped stuffs & found my etisalat sim,inserted it in a phone & called their customer care line and gave the agent by name (Gerrard)a piss of my mind.Though my callin their customer care & tellin dem they r fraudstars wouldnt stop them 4m doin their promo.But it satisfies my conscience that i cant b mugu"ed".
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by yunghova(m): 12:40am On Jun 13, 2009
@ tokotaya, you are the only who has made sense here, all the others are having myopic views. I would have thought the same too. That the 1 million dollars be made to go round. Probably, it will make more sense to the subscribers; that 180, or whatever got 1 million naira each. I think they are trying to make a statement marketing wise by using the 1 million dollar mark. Also by tapping into the greed character of an average nigerian.
But then remember that last week, in the US, an ordinary farm boy won almost 300 million dollars in a lottery. If it were in naija, all these cynics in nairaland will say that the company colluded to give it to one hausa cattle rearer. When u won't partake in the promo cos u are too 'intelligent' to be fooled, and a hausa man in his 'ba kwo mi' nature decides to give it a try ( afterall, he that is down needs fear no fall) and he wins, wetin you wan make im do?
Stop bashing etisalat. Upon all the money mtn is making, they are still stingy.
U want etisalat to give u all nite calls. There is easy cliq. U can make free nite calls but to easy cliq only. Mtn has extra cool, abi. U can only make free nite calls if u are on extra cool abi? I don't understand why people will not take the time to verify facts b4 they speak. People dey go prison 4 developed countries cos of this!
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by vislabraye(m): 1:56am On Jun 13, 2009
Let us all wait to see the winners abi? I won't be surprised if a company can come up and make bogus promo and refuse to redeem their pledge. In nigeria , anything can happen
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by vislabraye(m): 1:58am On Jun 13, 2009
Let us all wait to see the winners abi? I won't be surprised if a company can come up and make bogus promo and refuse to redeem their pledge. In nigeria , anything can happen
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by hayprof(m): 8:00am On Jun 13, 2009
Dnt bite yah-selves ova dis, just watch, learn nd play'
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by upson(m): 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2009
You can argue this both ways but the fact remains that the regulatory agency can always curb any excesses and probable cons of these companies.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by bLiNg: 7:52pm On Jun 13, 2009
Does anyone know whether the company - etisalat - is making profits in Nigeria? Dunno hw they expect 2 break into the mkt without some reasonable strategy, mayb very low tariffs, or free wap or sth of the sort. Seems to me they don't have enough active subscribers to make a profit. Someone who knows pls tell mi.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by bLiNg: 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2009
Does anyone know whether the company - etisalat - is making profits in Nigeria? Dunno hw they expect 2 break into the mkt without some reasonable strategy, mayb very low tariffs, or free wap or sth of the sort. Seems to me they don't have enough active subscribers to make a profit. Someone who knows pls tell mi.
Re: Win 1 Million Dollars: Etisalat Must Take Nigerians For Fools! by bLiNg: 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Preview Of Itel 1551 Android Phone / INFINIX NOTE 4 Pro:the Xpen,newest Feature On Fleek / Amazing Tricks On Java S40 Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.