Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? (1952 Views)

Market Demolition; Owerri Elders Visit Graveside Of Their Founding Fathers. PICS / What Exactly Are We Restructuring? - Dele Momodu / Stone Us If We Fail After 2 Years - APC Founding Member, Momoh (Throwback Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by APCLyingBastard: 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
I wonder why Nigerians will assume a bunch of pre independence politicians as the founders of Nigeria where they had little or nothing to do with the unification and almagation of the geographical entity known as Nigeria.

Even the name Nigeria is credited to Luggard's wife.

The US was founded by European settlers who renegaded against the crown. They expanded the frontiers of the former British colonies and drafted a brand new constitution to reflect their new independent state.

Did our so called founding fathers add one inch square of Territory to the entity? Rather they have been parcelling huge chunks of territory since independence to neighbouring countries.

I believe the true and only founder of Nigeria are not the native aggitators for an independent Nigeria state but Lord Luggard himself.

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by Babprosper20(m): 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
my father
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Demons

1 Like

Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by APCLyingBastard: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Babprosper20:
my father

Sorry but Luggard died childless
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by Babprosper20(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

Sorry but Luggard died childless
hmmmmm, i didnt say lugard ws my father
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by APCLyingBastard: 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
Babprosper20:

hmmmmm, i didnt say lugard ws my father

And I never said he was
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by Babprosper20(m): 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

And I never said he was

...I didnt say dt u said so
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by APCLyingBastard: 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
Babprosper20:

...I didnt say dt u said so

Then this discussion never happened either
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by lexy070(m): 2:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
ur papa
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by APCLyingBastard: 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
lexy070:
ur papa

Nobody can take credit for Nigeria since Nigeria never existed prior to 1914.

By maintaining Nigeria we are continuing the neo colonial agenda.
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by talktonase(m): 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
Story story!
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by Cregon: 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
Founding Papa's ko...founding Mama's ni...@OP every Nigerian who isn't ANTI z a founding CITIZEN coz we build dis country every day
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by Tolexander: 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
Did our so called founding fathers add one inch square of Territory to the entity? Rather they have been parcelling huge chunks of territory since independence to neighbouring countries.
What about the plebiscite held in 1960 in British in which Northern Cameroon opted to go with Nigeria and southern cameroon with Cameroon. In 1961, northern Cameroon joined Nigeria. Is that not an added territory?
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by fhelihx(m): 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nigeria na no man's land!!
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by leke12(m): 3:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
I think APClyingBarstard is one of them.....??
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by loreee1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
jerseyboy:
Demons

it was demon nd Stephen
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by OK2NVME: 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Who Exactly Are The Founding Fathers Of Nigeria? by janjaweedism: 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
"The US was founded by European settlers who renegaded against the crown"

That quote above is the key.

As it is Nigeria was not founded. It was amalgamated.

So Nigeria was a mere geographical expression then. Now it's a sh1t hole or a the zoological.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State High IGR Is actually From Land Sales With Proof. / Nigeria Is Too Weak To Break, Says Lamido / Can This Happen In Nigeria? Lessons From The French Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.