Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget (42573 Views)

Buhari Speaks To Nigerians After Arriving In London For Further Medical Check-up / How We Intend To Stop Inconclusive Elections — INEC / How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget - Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by noblegrex: 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pidggin:

Unfortunately, Hausa is not my mother tongue, why should I be bothered about learning it? I hate the language. English is a unifying language, before you start blabbing about Chinese, they speak Mandarin, It is a unifying language(they all speak and understand it). Do we have one single unifying language down here, an equivalent to Mandarin? If not, then I suppose we have to make do with our option, which is English, not Hausa.
that's where you got it wrong. As long as he can express himself better in the language he understands best,and there's something called translation, I guess you shouldn't bother your head. In Nigeria,every one has got his or her mothers language to deal with. Leave the scrutiny and critics and stop being hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by dboss444: 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
bigtt76:
Buhari..... Please remove the CBN Governor..... he's the weakest link grin

Cn u explain how d cbn is d weakest link?
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by refreshrate: 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
jusRadical:

So to you, diversification of the economy is getting more taxes and getting all import duties paid?

GOD have mercy.

You see what we have to deal with in Nigeria ? When they say they are unemployable some people will start shouting.
I don't even know why you answered the guy I swear
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by abimic(m): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
LRNZH:

Ngwakwe, corruption starts with me and you, lying is also corruption. I am addressing your fictitious APC membership claims.

See your past NL posts on different threads:

QED. Stop lying.

Judging by your antecedents to be corrupt, I humbly advise you to be careful as you attempt to do business in Nigeria going forward whether in Oil and Gas or Agriculture and Mining.
EFCC might just knock at your door soon. Goodluck
U just made the bigot hibernate, he's a political prostitute, anyway, all I care about is PMB's readiness and ability to deliver. Despite the PhD and lecturers in power then, only little that had already being over ridden in corruption is left. But with many drawbacks from people that don't wish him well in his government, I only hope he sails the ship of the country in the right direction.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Chirokusko: 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pidggin:
Shame, a Nigerian president granting interview in Hausa all the time.
Wailer, I'm sure, and everybody knows, including your dud mentor, Buhari can explain and verify all issues at any given occasions. WAWA JAKI DABBA
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by deeengr(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pidggin:
They complained he only talks to CNN, now he speaks too much Hausa..
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by micayo(m): 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
free2ryhme:
Buhari was sent to the wilderness for 30 years to learn wisdom by God and then return to continue the job he started in 1984 - this time done better with everyone's support and mandate as the government of the people by the people for the people - leading Nigeria out of the wilderness. He is a living legend and based on this I second Austin Uduogu's comments of recognizing President Buhari as the father of modern Nigeria. And for this we thank God and may God make us truly thankful

For the first time since the 1990s we have a government in office. This guy, Buhari is the father of modern Nigeria. I'm so proud of him and the party behind him

wailing wailers come and wail food is ready

He was sent to the Wilderness in Katsina abi? Someone that has been contesting since 1999 was sent to the Wilderness? In 1984, he destroyed the economy which is why people weren't upset when he was upstaged back then by Babaginda. Father of Modern Nigeria in your house.

Unrepentant Hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by adconline(m): 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
LRNZH:
Now it makes sense why Col. Hamed Ali was sent to customs and Babatunde Fowler to FIRS.

The amounts of funds generated and looted in Nigeria Customs and Nigeria Ports Authority are better imagined.

Maybe this oil price fall is a blessing in disguise for Nigeria. We have to diversify our national revenue base, whether we like it or not.
Only if you would take into account that import has dropped by 70%..
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by noblegrex: 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
just2endowed:

Did u write ur waec or jamb in Hausa? If yes then u on point sir. Nigeria official language for communication is English. For China zits Chinese language, so I don't know what u trying to say.
that's an interview in a strategic place.that means you know better than the correspondent that interviewed him.ow pls just stop the I-too-know stuff.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
bigtt76:
buhari is the problem with his archaic policies

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Bollinger(m): 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
Horlawale1:
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN....

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS PMB

GOD BLESS ME

GOD BLESS YOU.....

Lol...."Nigeria will be great again". Please remind me, when was Nigeria ever great?
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by noblegrex: 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
IzonOwei:
and you forget nigeria is a country with many languages reason why the president should be fluent with the general language understood by all ..

Must you defend everything buhari does
not really man,but people are too quick to pass judgement. Its a BBC interview.you should know its more of a strategic thing. There's always a means to pass the info to peolple via English.so you can see how easy and simple it is.you understand English. Fine! Not every one does if you care to know.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Pidggin(f): 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
Chirokusko:

Wailer, I'm sure, and everybody knows, including your dud mentor, Buhari can explain and verify all issues at any given occasions. WAWA JAKI DABBA

Ebot, Unam Ikot, Odiogo nofi
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Kbs468(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pidggin:

Ok lady, lets look at it this way.

>The largest population of the those deficient in spoken english or pidgin are resident among the Hausa clan

>The clan has been responsible for the high rate of insecurity for over a period of time now

>The region has been the mostly affected by the unending spate of violence leading to loss of life every now and then

>The Hausa speaking region of Nigeria has been the origin and base of the dreaded BH

>The president himself is Hausa, so confidence in expressing himself well will not be in doubt

>The war against BH success story has forced BH to limit the face-to-face confrontation to our boarder areas instead of inside our towns, communities and villages

>As read from the passage, BH has now resorted to employing the services of vulnerable women and underage children to continue recking their carnage in Mosques, churches, schools and market places.

>So don't you think it's time to apply psychological approach for a permanent victory over insecurity and thus ultimately help save cost on security budget and diverting it to others developmental projects in future

>If you agree with me and all the above cited points, don't you think Mr president being one of them and going by the fact that Hausa has a very large Radio broadcast followership ranging from BBC, VOA, Radio France Inter. China and German radio relays over the airwaves by virtue of Radio affordability and accessibility, Speaking and addressing them by giving them a sense of belonging would finally help in achieving the desired success?

PLS KINDLY GIVE ME A MENTION TO KNOW IF YOU GOT MY MESSAGE OK.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by billyG(m): 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
LRNZH:
[img]http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/2015/12/860x490xPIC.-4.-PRESIDENT-BUHARI-PRESENTS-2016-APPROPRATION-BILL-IN-ABUJA1-e1450809555614.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5odL1d7r5K.webp[/img]

President Muhammadu Buhari has explained that despite the fall in the international price of crude oil, measures taken to block leakages in the nation’s revenue generating agencies would ensure enough cash to fund the N6 trillion budget he recently submitted to the National Assembly.

The president gave the explanation in an interview with Mansur Liman of the BBC Hausa service on Christmas eve. He also spoke on his government’s ‘success’ at defeating the Boko Haram insurgents.

PREMIUM TIMES’ Sani Tukur translated the interview;

BBC: You recently submitted the biggest budget estimates in Nigeria’s history to the National Assembly, and this came at a time the price of oil has drastically gone down in world markets. How do you intend to get money to fund the budget?

PMB: As a government, we inherited N1.5 trillion domestic debt and when foreign debt is added we have about N2.2 trillion. Everybody knows Nigeria is not a poor country, we are rich, and we have human resources, the problem had been that leadership did not take seriously, curbing corrupt tendencies.

Apart from highlighting our debt profile, we have also shown the changes we have made in the Customs for instance, how; much we are making from the Customs service, how much from petroleum, that is NNPC; how much we are making from the ports. There have been lots of leakages in these sectors. If we block these leakages, we would make much more money to run the country despite the fall in the price of oil.

BBC: Are you sure you can block all the leakages? Because if one looks at it, it was just the leaders of these agencies that were changed while most of the lieutenants who were part of the system of the “leakages” are still in place. What do you think would change to make sure that “business as usual” does not continue and Nigeria would get those monies?

PMB: It is generally believed that a fish begins to rot from the head; once the head is rotten, the whole body is also rotten. We have tried to remove all the heads of the organisations, and most of the lieutenants have been changed.

A lot is happening in this government that people do not appear to understand; many permanent secretaries of ministries have been changed; we used to have 42 ministers, now we have 36 because the constitution requires that each state of the federation must have a minister; we used to have 42 ministries, now we have 24.

BBC: You have also allocated 30 per cent of the budget to capital projects; what informed that decision?

PMB: It is a must. Remember during the campaigns, we said Nigeria is facing three things and nobody disputed that assertion. Firstly; there was widespread insecurity, war in the north east, while the country’s oil was being stolen at random in the south; secondly; there is massive unemployment, 62 per cent of the nation’s population are youth from the age of 35 years downward; most of them are unemployed, including those who went to school and those who did not, that is a serious problem. Therefore, it has become necessary to restore peace and create employment.

That is why we are returning to agriculture and mineral resources. Thirdly, bribery and corruption was basically suffocating the country. If we don’t kill these monsters, this country would go down.

That is why those who stole monies meant for arms procurement and shared it among themselves are being arrested and are being shown documents, so that they would be asked to refund the money or face prosecution; we would use those documents to prove what they stole, collect all the assets acquired from the proceeds and then jail them.

BBC: You have initiated a programme in which poor and vulnerable Nigerians would be paid N5,000 monthly; what have you put in place to ensure that there is justice and fairness in the running of this programme?

PMB: It is not possible for everyone needing it to get it; but the Federal Government has said it would collaborate with the states and local governments. At the local government level, almost everyone knows each other. It would be easy to identify those to give who would go into trading and how to get it back. It would be like a cooperative and we all know how it operates.

Also, state governments would identify those who have capacity to employ more people and all we need to do is to empower them. Our people already know how to go about implementing these modalities to create employment for the citizens.

BBC: You earlier mentioned Boko Haram. After your assumption of office, you gave a deadline of December to bring an end to Boko Haram insurgency. We are almost at the end of December, does it mean you and the armed forces have failed?

PMB: I want people to understand that after I settled down and got good grasp of what the country is going through, we removed all the service chiefs and appointed new ones. We also undertook an investigation and found out how the monies meant for arms procurement were diverted and shared by officials in the last administration.

They sent the boys to the war front without arms and ammunition, leading some of them to mutiny after which they were arrested and detained.

We have been able to raise money and fund the war. Go and ask the people of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa; how many of their local governments were under the control of insurgents? And how many are currently still under the insurgents?

May be we would not win the war completely by the end of the month, but the insurgents have now resorted to putting on explosive vests on young children, mostly girls aged 15 and below and then sending them to markets, mosques and churches to detonate.

Boko Haram themselves know that the era of them taking over communities and local governments are over. If people would be fair to us, they would know that the Nigerian Army has basically met the deadline and are winning the war.

You cannot find any significant number of Boko Haram members in Adamawa, and Yobe, only may be in about three local governments of Borno in the area around our borders with Chad Republic. They are not in a position to threaten Nigeria now, so we have won.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/195790-buhari-speaks-how-we-intend-to-fund-nigerias-n6-trillion-budget.html

Original interview video with BBC Hausa Service: http://www.bbc.com/hausa/multimedia/2015/12/151223_buhari_special_interview

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Na God & Devil go punish all who they call this Intelligent man & Strategist a Dullard.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by ELGREF(m): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
I knew with buari, our money are saved
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by noblegrex: 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
just2endowed:

Seriously dude, there is an element of bad in using one particular language to grant international interview in a country. It's truly a shame for the president of all tribes in Nigeria to grant interview in his own language.
I guess I quite understand what you guys are tying to say.don't get me twisted.but I also have my reasons. To cut it short and simple. I guess everyone has the information quite understandably even when he used that Housa language so I still did not see any reason for anyone to complain cos the info is passed across at the end of the day.but I believe is a strategy.just to le it flow.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by billyG(m): 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pidggin:
If d IGBO service of BBC are ready 2 interview him,he will speak in Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by afrika(f): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
THANK GOD IT WAS HAUSA INTERVIEW. HE WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DEFEND HIMSELF.

SECONDLY, LET THE MINISTER OF INFORMATION, DEFENCE MOVE TO BORNO STATE AS THEIR NEWEST OFFICE FOR TWO MONTHS OR LESS.

THAT WOULD JUSTIFY THE ISSUE.

ALL THIS LAI LAI STORIES DON TAYA ME SEF
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by agabaI23(m): 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
bigtt76:
You probably have not heard about Buharinomics.
Whatever the CBN governor is doing today is same as what Buhari did in 1984. The only thing he has not done is to change currency.

If you can check my election posts, you will see where i referred to his Physical fiscal policies that does not help but destroy the economy

Forex restrictions is one of it. Fela was jailed because he was seen with foreign currency

many companies either downsized or closed shops and those who had options moved to other countries.
Unemployment increased in leaps and bounds.
See attached

Please spare Emefiele who will soon be sacrificed though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by billyG(m): 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Meiji:

I think you're the one lacking objectivity here, because I don't understand what kind of "translation error" would result in the Hausa word for 28 being translated as 42.

Admitting that the president made a mistake won't kill you.
Dnt yur FATHER makes mistake?
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by noblegrex: 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
2sex:
1Million likes... Nigerians are so fooling in the smartness.
patient jona. MAMA PEACE stayed with jona in government for several years, not 1,2,3 or 4 from being an Academician to Vice-gov - GOV- Vice President - PRESIDENT with her blunder in English language. Yet she's still a respectaable woman world wide.even the wole soyinkas and chinu Achebes in English has not acquired what she's got and the repute.Even with the scorn and mockery,they scale through even when they lost the post at the end.at least she's achieved. Abi no be so. Make only you no walker come ooo
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Pidggin(f): 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kbs468:

Ok lady, lets look at it this way.

>The largest population of the those deficient in spoken english or pidgin are resident among the Hausa clan

>The clan has been responsible for the high rate of insecurity for over a period of time now

>The region has been the mostly affected by the unending spate of violence leading to loss of life every now and then

>The Hausa speaking region of Nigeria has been the origin and base of the dreaded BH

>The president himself is Hausa, so confidence in expressing himself well will not be in doubt

>The war against BH success story has forced BH to limit the face-to-face confrontation to our boarder areas instead of inside our towns, communities and villages

>As read from the passage, BH has now resorted to employing the services of vulnerable women and underage children to continue recking their carnage in Mosques, churches, schools and market places.

>So don't you think it's time to apply psychological approach for a permanent victory over insecurity and thus ultimately help save cost on security budget and diverting it to others developmental projects in future

>If you agree with me and all the above cited points, don't you think Mr president being one of them and going by the fact that Hausa has a very large Radio broadcast followership ranging from BBC, VOA, Radio France Inter. China and German radio relays over the airwaves by virtue of Radio affordability and accessibility, Speaking and addressing them by giving them a sense of belonging would finally help in achieving the desired success?

PLS KINDLY GIVE ME A MENTION TO KNOW IF YOU GOT MY MESSAGE OK.

Buhari speaks: How we intend to fund Nigeria's N6 Trillion budget What does this topic have to do with B.H?

Niger-Delta militants, OPC, Biafra and co are also agitating for self-actualization, our president also needs to be fair and conduct interviews in the local dialect of these people too, or don't you think so?
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by billyG(m): 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Then correct it for him because WAEC and NECO are not written in Hausa language.

I am afraid, I once failed a question I know the answer because my mother taught me otherwise and I believed her though contrary to what my teacher taught me.

Buhari is a star and more students are inclined to his so-called fact than the actual.

*NB -if Buhari can't tame marketers selling petrol N130 and the corruption still paravelent in police force then I can't see how he entails eradicating corruption from Nigeria's decayed civil/public service
Look only PMB cnt fight corruption All of us has 2 assist,how many fraudalent oil marketers hav u reported 2 DPR or Efcc?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Pidggin(f): 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
billyG:

If d IGBO service of BBC are ready 2 interview him,he will speak in Igbo.

Would like that, must it be BBC? He can start by accepting the invite our own Bond FM has sent to him since May 29th
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by olalat(m): 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
And u read the same interview in hausa here ba. Pathetic homo.
Pidggin:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
uboma:

He will be dropped from the position very soon.
And guess who will replace him?
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by billyG(m): 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
grafikii:

Gbam, unfortunately his hands are tied by the useless constitution. Emefiele has other bosses he answer to.
Emefiele na pdp,but he can ask him 2 resign,since he granted Dasuki access 2 CBN vault.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by WaffenSS(m): 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
bigtt76:

I was speaking with a friend in CBN over the Governor and the dollar issue, and what he told me was that most of the looters in government do the folowing

1. Open multiple accounts in different banks using different people

2. Deposit funds in the newly opened accounts as well as the existing accounts of some paid cronies

3. Sponsor one or two people to travel abroad with a lot of ATM cards, where they'd withdraw the deposited funds and re-deposit same in foreign accounts on behalf of the looters. Sometimes they buy goods to import into Nigeria and sell off, thus laundering the money.

Others, like currency speculators, would withdraw the deposits abroad in dollars at the N199 official rate, and send same to Nigeria to sell at the black market for N270 or N280.

According to my friend, this was the reason the CBN reduced, or even totally disabled, Debit Card transactions abroad, including online payments as the looters also purchase goods online.

Of course, I'm not suggesting the man is competent. All i'm pointing out is that the dollar crunch is supposedly part of the war on corruption to prevent capital flight.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by billyG(m): 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Mr President Sir, under the last administration the ministries was 28/29 and not 42. Thanks

Secondly, we shall hold you to your words but we pray that you succeed.

That's all I'll say for now
B specific which one is 28/29?
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
billyG:

Look only PMB cnt fight corruption All of us has 2 assist,how many fraudalent oil marketers hav u reported 2 DPR or Efcc?

What do you mean by "fraudulent" marketers?

Capitalists that are known to be doing business with DPR while the masses are being coarsed and deceived.

The government is beginning to adopt them as untouchables while the masses groan and mourn.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
BRAVOOO!! BRAVOOo PMB.. the only thing is.. HAVE YOU GOT THE POLITICAL WILL?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man's Car Stuck At Flooded Owerri Tunnel, Blames Rochas Okorocha. Photos / Is EFCC Chairman Only For The North? - Yul Edochie, Reno Omokri Ask / Kingsley Moghalu Loses At His Own Polling Centre.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.