Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget (42568 Views)

Buhari Speaks To Nigerians After Arriving In London For Further Medical Check-up / How We Intend To Stop Inconclusive Elections — INEC / How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget - Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by emonkey(m): 9:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
billyG:

Why shld yur Bizness b about bringing junks,substandard product frm outside therby robbing d kun3 of hard earned Fx,without gvn us value 4 our money,cnt u produce something in naija,things must change,b raedy 4 change.our Foriegn Reserve cannot even sustain 6mnths of Imports.

Your case is pathetically hopeless. Goodbye.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by agabaI23(m): 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
billyG:

It is a Big lie!it is due to corruption & Economic mismanagement of Shagari government that lead to economic down turn,Buhari came to savage d situation,outlaws such as fela was trafficking naira b/c naira has value them,politicians stoles millions & hide such in there homes,so that warrant change to new naira.Essential commodities wher hoarded by profiteers & blackmarketers while d poor goes hungry.Many states cannot pay workers,retrenchment everywher,It is just history repeating its self,Shagari was as clueless & weak like d Hat-wearing otuokean.everything was upside down,even politicians wher walking about upside down.
lol, see how you are running your mouth?

Fela had a performance in an European country and he needed the forex to take his troupe to Europe. Say what you know kid. Fela was critic of the government. He was never arrested for breaking the law, he was arrested always for speaking against decrees and high-handedness of the junta.

I attached some newspaper cut-outs for you and you are here shouting Shagari
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by agabaI23(m): 9:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
emonkey:

Your case is pathetically hopeless. Goodbye.
Looks like he was among the Aso Rock Rice and brown envelop crew undecided
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by billyG(m): 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
noblegrex:
patient jona. MAMA PEACE stayed with jona in government for several years, not 1,2,3 or 4 from being an Academician to Vice-gov - GOV- Vice President - PRESIDENT with her blunder in English language. Yet she's still a respectaable woman world wide.even the wole soyinkas and chinu Achebes in English has not acquired what she's got and the repute.Even with the scorn and mockery,they scale through even when they lost the post at the end.at least she's achieved. Abi no be so. Make only you no walker come ooo
Just name 1 International Awards she got?Achebe & Soyinka i know whodhell iz mama peace?
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Egie4real: 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
I thought the N5k was a monthly stipend, he is making it sound like a loan.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by billyG(m): 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pidggin:

Would like that, must it be BBC? He can start by accepting the invite our own Bond FM has sent to him since May 29th
Which one b BOND FM?Is it own by James Bond?
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by mu2sa2: 9:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pidggin:

We are talking about a Nigerian president, not a Northern Nigerian president. The North is only a part of Nigeria, elsewhere Hausa is not spoken widely, so he should be sensitive about this.
There's nothing wrong in a Nigerian president giving an interview in a Nigerian language. I wonder why you people didn't criticize Obj when as president he granted the same BBC an interview speaking Hausa.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by billyG(m): 9:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
WaffenSS:

I was speaking with a friend in CBN over the Governor and the dollar issue, and what he told me was that most of the looters in government do the folowing

1. Open multiple accounts in different banks using different people

2. Deposit funds in the newly opened accounts as well as the existing accounts of some paid cronies

3. Sponsor one or two people to travel abroad with a lot of ATM cards, where they'd withdraw the deposited funds and re-deposit same in foreign accounts on behalf of the looters. Sometimes they buy goods to import into Nigeria and sell off, thus laundering the money.

Others, like currency speculators, would withdraw the deposits abroad in dollars at the N199 official rate, and send same to Nigeria to sell at the black market for N270 or N280.

According to my friend, this was the reason the CBN reduced, or even totally disabled, Debit Card transactions abroad, including online payments as the looters also purchase goods online.

Of course, I'm not suggesting the man is competent. All i'm pointing out is that the dollar crunch is supposedly part of the war on corruption to prevent capital flight.
No wonder some1 was caught @ d Airport with 800 ATM cards.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by gbagyiza: 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pidggin:
Shame, a Nigerian president granting interview in Hausa all the time.

Pls we all should be positive n support dis president because he is showing more seriousness and commitment toward reviving d almost dead economy.u should knw that any media house be it an English , Hausa or even Igbo can interview d president .And u should also know that it is not only in Hausa that d presidentwas had been interview
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Pidggin(f): 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
mu2sa2:
There's nothing wrong in a Nigerian president giving an interview in a Nigerian language. I wonder why you people didn't criticize Obj when as president he granted the same BBC an interview speaking Hausa.

You must be Hausa. If GEJ was consistently granting interviews in Ijaw language to Ijaw radio stations, you will be the first to complain, hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by holaralph(m): 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
refreshrate:

Guy calm down.
What kind of English are you writing?
Then you're ranting off point. What is all this?
Wailing wailer... wailing wailer can't you be civil & get your point across ( with proper English ) without resorting to all this ?
If I were you I'd concentrate more on improving my presentation skills rather than coming here to portray yourself in this manner it's quite unbecoming of you, please.
. Continue wailing......... Enu baje fuku lara nfun, emi o je fuku ara o fumi.....
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by miccheck58: 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Achuwa1:
Buhari intend finding his budget with revenues generated from the south.
south-oil
south-seaport
north-?

the south should come together & push the north away for gud,a word is enough for the wise
Get the Bleep outta here
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by miqos02(m): 9:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
Achuwa1:
Buhari intend finding his budget with revenues generated from the south.
south-oil
south-seaport
north-?

the south should come together & push the north away for gud,a word is enough for the wise
and also push away the food they bring to the south

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by mu2sa2: 10:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pidggin:

You must be Hausa. If GEJ was consistently granting interviews in Ijaw language to Ijaw radio stations, you will be the first to complain, hypocrite.
Ijaw is a Nigerian language so l wouldn't have any qualms about Gej speaking it.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by noblegrex: 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
billyG:

Just name 1 International Awards she got?Achebe & Soyinka i know whodhell iz mama peace?
I know you'll fall for this. You guys claim to be an Authoritarian in English language yet you couldn't understand simple metaphor.well, they may be honoured with awards but she's also honoured as a FIRST LADY. Honour is honour.it might no necessarily be inform of awards.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by refreshrate: 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
holaralph:
. Continue wailing......... Enu baje fuku lara nfun, emi o je fuku ara o fumi.....

*checks display picture*

My bad! Shouldn't have engaged this one in discussion.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
noblegrex:
not really man,but people are too quick to pass judgement. Its a BBC interview.you should know its more of a strategic thing. There's always a means to pass the info to peolple via English.so you can see how easy and simple it is.you understand English. Fine! Not every one does if you care to know.
that guy should start speaking clear English to all of us..He is the president of nigeria an English speaking nation..He should start talking to us...We deserve that...Not going behind some haUSA broadcast .... angry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by refreshrate: 10:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
gbagyiza:

Pls we all should be positive n support dis president because he is showing more seriousness and commitment toward reviving d almost dead economy.u should knw that any media house be it an English , Hausa or even Igbo can interview d president .And u should also know that it is not only in Hausa that d presidentwas had been interview

Reviving?

In what way please?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Leke001: 10:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
hmmn...Buhari...so help me God
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
mu2sa2:
Ijaw is a Nigerian language so l wouldn't have any qualms about Gej speaking it.
you are a hypocrite..how would you have supported jeg speaking ijaw maybe via radio bayelsa...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by LagosObama: 10:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Why should Buhari be disseminating false information to international media organizations?

We only had 28 ministries and 42 Ministers under Jonathan administration and no time had we 42 ministries with 42 Ministers.

Should this question be featured in WAEC or NECO and our students answer it as our president just echoed, who should we blame for the mass failure?

It's time Buhari finds his WASC certificate.

Wailing Tings.... Please go find a job!
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Bobnotrouble: 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
bigtt76:
Buhari..... Please remove the CBN Governor..... he's the weakest link grin

Seconded.
Absolutely!
He's the one reminding us of the past maladministration.
Wait a minute!
Wasn't he part of Dasukigate?
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by LagosObama: 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
gbagyiza:

I almost stopped reading this wonderful blog because of these jobless wailers but I choose to exercise patience because their end will come soon! This government is on the right path and it shall bring Nigeria out of the pits GEJ and his apologetics sank the country!
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Lumiere91: 10:38pm On Dec 27, 2015
[quote author=Achuwa1 post=41390317]Buhari intend finding his budget with revenues generated from the south.
south-oil
south-seaport
north-?

the south should come together & push the north away for gud,a word is enough for the wise[ewu]
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by LagosObama: 10:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
holaralph:
A wailer will always be a wailer even if petrol price is reduced to 40naira per litre, Light improved to 20hours daily, 95% of Nigeria road is in good position , economy is improved, significant diversification in the economy and unemployment rate is reduce by 40% even at all these a wailer will surely wail did you know because majority of the wailers link of plundering and sapping the country is cut off. The wailer benefactors are now gnashing their teeth and wailing. Am not surprise because only Somebody that Sells generator always tell us that way the govt is going about improving the power generation doesn't all go well, its only a bunker that will kick against punishment for the people involving in bunkering, its only people that imported fake ,contraband and substandard product into the country that will say the govt action against those vices is sectional. Furthermore, its only a corrupt politicians that will try to fight the govt with all the tricks and craftiness embedded in He or She, Its only petroleum marketers and subsidy beneficiaries that will try to frustrate the present govt. Finally it is only an uncivic citizen that will rub in the traffic and irresponsible citizens that will evade Tax payment. There is every tendencies that majority ( over 95% ) of the wailing wailer as involved still involving in this Vices....... Some wailer must have launder money for the politicians, some other corrupt citizens or conglomerate. My Question is did we expect them to See any miniature good in what the present govt is trying to do. No they will never see anything good at all but they saw good things in what all ex rulers as been doing because they enjoy sucking dry the country Via corruption and ill gotten wealth...........

You've spoken right about the wailers! The sad part for these wailers on this forum is if you ask them how much they collected from Dasuki, they probably got NADA!!! So what's their cries all about? They will probably make a better use of their time filling out forms to collect their N5,000 allowance to feed their jobless selves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by MIM77(m): 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pidggin:
Shame, a Nigerian president granting interview in Hausa all the time.

The station is called BBC Hausa, therefore everything about it must be in hausa including d interview with d President. Afterall, he has bn interviewed many times in local n international english stations without flaws. Let us wish our today's leaders d best cos our 2mrw depends on it, instead of talking anyhow without bases. Wailers cannot stop dis country from moving forward by God's grace. An average wailer wud rather hv Pmb fail just to make a point. How i wish such wailers can be exempted from d goodies dat is in d offing, but nt possible.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by sundoj08(m): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pidggin:

If we are one Nigeria why is he not granting interviews in my native dialect, we have interpreters that can translate it for him so this is not a problem. To be fair, he needs to grant interviews in all 250 languages we have in this country this is the only way he can prove that we are one and the same, nonsense

Im sorry but This talk right here don't make no sense.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Pidggin(f): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
MIM77:

The station is called BBC Hausa, therefore everything about it must be in hausa including d interview with d President. Afterall, he has bn interviewed many times in local n international english stations without flaws. Let us wish our today's leaders d best cos our 2mrw depends on it, instead of talking anyhow without bases. Wailers cannot stop dis country from moving forward by God's grace. An average wailer wud rather hv Pmb fail just to make a point. How i wish such wailers can be exempted from d goodies dat is in d offing, but nt possible.

This is not about wailing. What is wrong is wrong. Imagine how you would have viewed GEJ if you had to get updates about his plans or policies from radio Bayelsa, from a translated version of the original interview he granted the station. It is wrong. No previous president has done this, his Northern brothers never did this, it is not right.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by noblegrex: 11:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
IzonOwei:
that guy should start speaking clear English to all of us..He is the president of nigeria an English speaking nation..He should start talking to us...We deserve that...Not going behind some haUSA broadcast .... angry
your thought.
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Rexnegro(m): 11:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
this is one man in nigeria democratic history who is after legacies and not money...I was completely disappointed in pdp especially gej, especially gej becos his journey to presidency was miraculous so much was expected from him but he failed despite his PhD .obviously no be by degrees #smh
Re: Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget by Creamz(m): 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
bigtt76:
Buhari..... Please remove the CBN Governor..... he's the weakest link grin
what do you know about Economics that you are asking the CBN governor to be removed let alone calling him the weakest link??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie: How Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Dealt With By Due Process / When Will Buhari Show Twitter Pepper? - Fayose Mocks Buhari / Radio Biafra Transmitters Installed On MTN Masts —FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.