Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? (8162 Views)

Poll: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust?

Yes: 57% (4 votes)
No: 42% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Don't Trust A Guy That Doesn't Have Chairs In His Room / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by opensesame: 8:14am On Jun 11, 2009
Okay, Before you jump at the answer, take some time to think about it.
First, define True Love (or at least what it means to you). . . then define Trust.

I'd love to start, cos I know wot my answer is, but I'd also love to hear ur views first (don't want mine to influence urs).
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by Lexiwhite(m): 8:16am On Jun 11, 2009
You can shag someone u dont love or shag someone u dont trust, but u cannot love someone u dont trust, trust and love go hand in hand
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by Diva1(f): 8:20am On Jun 11, 2009
I think it's possible in my opinion to love someone you can't trust but does not mean you would be or it's good to be in such relationship because it would be difficult to scale through and may not work out.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by Moyola(f): 8:27am On Jun 11, 2009
Lurv sum1 yu dun trust?. . . sum1 lyk ma man? I kant!
Buh a sista kan lurv hur bruva buh may not trust him wen it cumz to money undecided tongue
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by Lexiwhite(m): 8:30am On Jun 11, 2009
Diva1:

I think it's possible in my opinion to love someone you can't trust but does not mean you would be or it's good to be in such relationship because it would be difficult to scale through and may not work out.

There's a difference with saying u love someone the way u say to mummy or daddy - i love u. . .  when u talk of the kind of love that turns u into a fool, then u must trust the person involved - or at least think u trust them
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by Diva1(f): 8:34am On Jun 11, 2009
Lexiwhite:

There's a difference with saying u love someone the way u say to mummy or daddy - i love u. . . when u talk of the kind of love that turns u into a fool, then u must trust the person involved - or at least think u trust them

That's right, I agree here.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by biola44: 8:43am On Jun 11, 2009
Absolutely it is possible. They're two seperate and important emotions in a relationship. They do have to go hand in hand nontheless. If the trust factor is too far below your standard see if u can work on it b/c if not get on the next flight out of that relationship or downgrade to being only friends. At least it shows a sign of helping you to think better about you two but challenge ur partner'squestion with a question to see where his/her heart is really at. Don't get tricked in some mind game. Pay attention to your heart (your gut, too) and ur partners thoughts, grin
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by Kamsonwill(m): 8:56am On Jun 11, 2009
It is hard to love someone you cannot trust.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by Sasha009(f): 9:14am On Jun 11, 2009
yes you can love someone you don't trust

You know love is a very delicate thing! You cannot choose whom you fall in love with. A lot of people are hopelessly in love with people who they do not trust fully but they cant help themselves. They are always in denial, they will make excuses for them, they will forgive them, they will keep believing they will change, and deep down they will wish they can trust them more, and they will keep trying. This is love.

So yes, its very possible my friend!
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by opensesame: 9:17am On Jun 11, 2009
Okay guyz, thanks for your replies.

I think at this point I should make some definitions. . .
To me, True Love is Caring, Affection, Giving without necessarily expecting in return. . . basically, a strong positive feeling towards that person, always wanting the best for that person.
Now, Trust is having total confidence and reliance in someone's good qualities esp honor, truth, abilities, morality etc.

Question: How many people do you actually trust?
No, don't just answer, think about it first.
Now, how many people do you love?
ah! are we getting somewhere? Do you trust all the people you love?
Isn't True Love supposed to be unconditional?

Now, let's take a look at different 'kinds' of love and see how possible this can be.

God's Love. . . he Loves us unconditionally, and trust me, GOD DOESN"T TRUST US ALL!!. . . Okay, okay before you scream, 'hey hey that's God!!', let's take a look at the others.
A Mother's Love. . . Your mum may not have complete confidence in your character and other good qualities, but she still loves you any way i.e she can die for you, truly cares etc
A Spouse's Love. . . So, I love my wife so deeply and then one day, I find some strange text msgs, letters, hear some funny phone calls and begin to doubt her faithfullness, hence, I stop trusting her. Do I then stop loving her?? Just like that?
Aren't there people who TRULY LOVE love murderers, robbers etc. Didn't Bonnie deeply love Clyde? I really doubt she trusted him though.

Now, that i've laid what I think all out, what do you think now? I'd love to hear a contrary view, and please expatiate. Gracias.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by luxoire(f): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2009
you can love someone you don't trust - but you cant have a succesdsful relationship / union with them

be it family or bf / gf
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by Nikky23: 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2009
Diva1:

Sasha009:

yes you can love someone you don't trust

You know love is a very delicate thing! You cannot choose whom you fall in love with. A lot of people are hopelessly in love with people who they do not trust fully but they cant help themselves. They are always in denial, they will make excuses for them, they will forgive them, they will keep believing they will change, and deep down they will wish they can trust them more, and they will keep trying. This is love.

So yes, its very possible my friend!

luxoire:

you can love someone you don't trust - but you cant have a succesdsful relationship / union with them

be it family or bf / gf

very well agreed
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by mwanamwiwa: 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2009
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by virgie(f): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2009
Well, I think you can love someone you don't trust, but such love fizzles away with time, because once the trust is evidently absent, there is nothing else to fall back on.
To be trusted is a better compliment than to be loved.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Don't Trust? by tpiah: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2009
love is blind so yes, you can love someone you dont trust.

However, that isnt a good state of affairs.

(1) (Reply)

E Maa Dobo »»»*** {make Una Dey Fccck Toto}***««« / My Neighbours Wife Leaves The Door Open Whil Bathing Whenever Her Husband Is Out / Ugandan Court Orders Woman To Pay Ex-fiance Over Breach Of Marriage Promise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.