Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,632 members, 7,847,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu (3278 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today / Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo / Former MD NNPC Handover to New MD NNPC,Dr. Ibe Kachuikwu Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by disloman(m): 4:45am On Dec 28, 2015
agabaI23:
Why are you not occupying Ajegunle?
Tell us why should he?If you don't know what happened in 2012,you should ask not all these hearsays.
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by disloman(m): 4:47am On Dec 28, 2015
agabaI23:
What about the supplementary appropriation meant for subsidy?
The supplementary budget is for the subsidy incurred between sep 2014-sep 2015.
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by disloman(m): 4:53am On Dec 28, 2015
agabaI23:
Are you kidding me? Fuel will cost 85 naira where? They said they are not paying now. How much do you get a litre now? It is N140 in my area.

You occupied in 2012, so you are part of the problem and you have no right to talk. If the subsidy was removed in 2012, free market would have taken control now. The initial sufferings would have been over.

Look at you logic? It would have given GEJ more money to embezzle.....
Do you really know what subsidy means?How much were barrel of cruel oil sold during the occupy Nigeria?Were the previous government sincere?Please if you know what happened,you ask questions.
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by chalerea(m): 5:48am On Dec 28, 2015
agabaI23:
What about the supplementary appropriation meant for subsidy?

That has been paid to marketers. It was used to settle a debt of what GEJ was owing.

1 Like

Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by 989900: 6:49am On Dec 28, 2015
agabaI23:
[s]Are you kidding me? Fuel will cost 85 naira where? They said they are not paying now. How much do you get a litre now? It is N140 in my area.

You occupied in 2012, so you are part of the problem and you have no right to talk. If the subsidy was removed in 2012, free market would have taken control now. The initial sufferings would have been over.

Look at you logic? It would have given GEJ more money to embezzle.....[/s]
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by 989900: 6:55am On Dec 28, 2015
agabaI23:
Why are you not occupying Ajegunle?

ATEOTD, GEJ's administration partially removed fuel subsidy (N65 to N97).

Now, where are the gains?

Where are the palliatives promised?

What happened to SURE-P?

What happened to the reserves?

What happened to ECA?

What happened to the cabals?

Where are the buses NOI canvassed about?

How can you trust kleptomaniacs that bought how many jets in 4 years, or a president that eats with N3m/day?

How do you buy the story that subsidy payments went from N300B per annum to N2,000B (N2T) or more, without the connivance of our 'ogas' at the top?!

OTOH, it is easier to remove it now 'cause, we go from N87 to N85 per litre (and I believe it could probably be cheaper) . . . if the Naira were still in the N155/$ range, even with the subsidy removal, pump price should be in the N50-N60/litre range (give or take).
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:17am On Dec 28, 2015
Bevista:
Can someone please fully explain the dynamics of the so-called "Price Modulation"?
---
Why is it okay to support removal of subsidy now when we rejected it in 2012? Back then, the effect of the removal would have been an increase in pump price from N65 to N141 (over 116% increase). As at today, subsidy removal will initially not cause any upward price review.
---
There is no debate that the subsidy regime is not sustainable over the long term. Low oil prices has simply provided a perfect opportunity to discontinue it without causing any major price shock.

bro na u b only sensible buhari suporter, abeg clarify dis issue.
fg have removed subsidy so why set a price tag of 85naira? why not allow the marketers determine the price n nigerians to chose which to patronise?
its like in jeans market where thr is no subsidy, we hv diff qualities of jean n u chose d one that suits u.
i believe dis guys are hiding somthings from nigerians, this aint transparency they promised us!
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:24am On Dec 28, 2015
disloman:
Do you really know what subsidy means?How much were barrel of cruel oil sold during the occupy Nigeria?Were the previous government sincere?Please if you know what happened,you ask questions.

i bet u dont knw what subsidy is either!
if u know u wont put up dis write up.
subsidy is not in proportion to crude oil price.
even if oil price is 3dolls, d govt can still chose to implement subsidy.
how much was oil price when subsidy was first initiated?
or r u saying jonathan started subsidy payment on fuel?
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by disloman(m): 7:27am On Dec 28, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

i bet u dont knw what subsidy is either! if u know u wont put up dis write up. subsidy is not in proportion to crude oil price. even if oil price is 3dolls, d govt can still chose to implement subsidy. how much was oil price when subsidy was first initiated? or r u saying jonathan started subsidy payment on fuel?
Dullard.
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:34am On Dec 28, 2015
disloman:
Dullard.

ur intelligence stops where my goats own start, so imagine what u r in real sense!
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by Bevista: 7:47am On Dec 28, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
bro na u b only sensible buhari suporter, abeg clarify dis issue.
fg have removed subsidy so why set a price tag of 85naira? why not allow the marketers determine the price n nigerians to chose which to patronise?
its like in jeans market where thr is no subsidy, we hv diff qualities of jean n u chose d one that suits u.
i believe dis guys are hiding somthings from nigerians, this aint transparency they promised us!
I am not holding brief for the FG, as I personally do not fully understand their so-called Price Modulation.

However, I have heard that they will have a price band with a ceiling at N97. This will ensure that even if oil price suddenly takes off, the price of PMS will not follow it upwards in a lockstep manner.
---
It is possible that the government wants to use the price band to generate money to compensate for the loss in oil price (pls do not quote this, I am only speculating).

Also, since Nigerian oil marketers are not known for ethical practices, they would initially exploit a completely Free Market by setting arbitrary prices. A completely free market will make sense only when all our refineries are working and petrol is ubiquitous all over the country. This will eliminate any arbitrage opportunities for marketers to exploit.
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:10am On Dec 28, 2015
Bevista:
I am not holding brief for the FG, as I personally do not fully understand their so-called Price Modulation.

However, I have heard that they will have a price band with a ceiling at N97. This will ensure that even if oil price suddenly takes off, the price of PMS will not follow it upwards in a lockstep manner.
---
It is possible that the government wants to use the price band to generate money to compensate for the loss in oil price (pls do not quote this, I am only speculating).

Also, since Nigerian oil marketers are not known for ethical practices, they would initially exploit a completely Free Market by setting arbitrary prices. A completely free market will make sense only when all our refineries are working and petrol is ubiquitous all over the country. This will eliminate any arbitrage opportunities for marketers to exploit.

exactly wat i was speculating, i mean they r tryng to generate funds to compliment the shortfall in crudeoil price drop, but what am thinking is they shud notify nigerians cause someone amongst dem that will want to be notice will come out n speak when he or she falls out wit d govt. n believe me some nigerians wont like it u knw it!
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by agabaI23(m): 9:59am On Dec 28, 2015
989900:

ATEOTD, GEJ's administration partially removed fuel subsidy (N65 to N97).

Now, where are the gains?

Where are the palliatives promised?

What happened to SURE-P?

What happened to the reserves?

What happened to ECA?

What happened to the cabals?

Where are the buses NOI canvassed about?

How can you trust kleptomaniacs that bought how many jets in 4 years, or a president that eats with N3m/day?

How do you buy the story that subsidy payments went from N300B per annum to N2,000B (N2T) or more, without the connivance of our 'ogas' at the top?!

OTOH, it is easier to remove it now 'cause, we go from N87 to N85 per litre (and I believe it could probably be cheaper) . . . if the Naira were still in the N155/$ range, even with the subsidy removal, pump price should be in the N50-N60/litre range (give or take).
We argued all these during the election. You have won so stop all the excuses and perform. GEJ reduced the price from 97 to 87 when oil price was $70/barrel. The price is half of that, why remove only N2 naira?

Why did you not allow him to remove the subsidy thing 3 years ago?

Well Buhari's meal per day if I follow your argument is far more than 3m/day

All of you have been resuscitated by the Aso Rock dinner and envelope.

If you don't know what happened to ECA, ask your governors
If you do not know what happened to the sure-P check the internet. I explained a lot on it and trust me you are still living on the lies you were fed to dethrone GEJ when even Fashiola has confirmed that GEJ built more roads than any other president in the past, in fact all the presidents put together. You are here asking about what happened to sure-P

Even Amaechi has commissioned one of the numerous rail project from the past administration. He hypocritically said he never knew rails were functional in Nigeria just like you were meant to understand GEJ was a failure and you sit inside your room to accept it is true.
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by agabaI23(m): 10:00am On Dec 28, 2015
[quote author=989900 post=41407149][/quote]Why did you cancel the post? You have no answer for it?
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by agabaI23(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2015
chalerea:

That has been paid to marketers. It was used to settle a debt of what GEJ was owing.
No, it included the subsidy till Dec. Check my cable link on this thread
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by agabaI23(m): 10:04am On Dec 28, 2015
disloman:
The supplementary budget is for the subsidy incurred between sep 2014-sep 2015.

Are you sure you are not lying? It included October to December...See below
The senate has approved the supplementary budget of President Muhammadu Buhari, increasing it from N465 billion to N574 billion to cover fuel subsidy claims. While presenting the supplementary appropriation bill on Tuesday, Danjuma Goje, chairman of the senate committee on appropriations, explained that the initial amount budgeted for the settlement of subsidy claims only covered the period from[b] January to September. Goje said it was important to include October to December in the budget in order to avert scarcity of fuel.
[/b]
Read more at: https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-senate-approves-fgs-n574bn-budget
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by agabaI23(m): 10:13am On Dec 28, 2015
disloman:
Tell me what you think subsidy mean sir and we will start from there
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by disloman(m): 10:28am On Dec 28, 2015
agabaI23:

Are you sure you are not lying? It included October to December...See below
Were the marketers paid all the 574billion naira?Check how much the marketers were paid and correlate it with the link you gave.Bye.
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by 989900: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2015
agabaI23:
[s]We argued all these during the election. You have won so stop all the excuses and perform. GEJ reduced the price from 97 to 87 when oil price was $70/barrel. The price is half of that, why remove only N2 naira?

Why did you not allow him to remove the subsidy thing 3 years ago?

Well Buhari's meal per day if I follow your argument is far more than 3m/day

All of you have been resuscitated by the Aso Rock dinner and envelope.

If you don't know what happened to ECA, ask your governors
If you do not know what happened to the sure-P check the internet. I explained a lot on it and trust me you are still living on the lies you were fed to dethrone GEJ when even Fashiola has confirmed that GEJ built more roads than any other president in the past, in fact all the presidents put together. You are here asking about what happened to sure-P

Even Amaechi has commissioned one of the numerous rail project from the past administration. He hypocritically said he never knew rails were functional in Nigeria just like you were meant to understand GEJ was a failure and you sit inside your room to accept it is true. [/s]
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by agabaI23(m): 10:48am On Dec 28, 2015
disloman:
Were the marketers paid all the 574billion naira?Check how much the marketers were paid and correlate it with the link you gave.Bye.
Oh you are telling me that an appropriated money has been misappropriated? It is a ground for impeachment if you do not know.
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by disloman(m): 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
agabaI23:
Oh you are telling me that an appropriated money has been misappropriated? It is a ground for impeachment if you do not know.
Dullard.
Re: FG Currently Not Paying Subsidy On Petrol- Dr Ibe Kachikwu by agabaI23(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
disloman:
Dullard.
lol typical

(1) (2) (Reply)

Snake With Seven Heads Found In Honduras / Trump: UN & Obama Turned Blind Eye To Buhari’s Genocide Against Biafrans Until / Opinion: What Ambode Must Do Now To Remain Relevant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.