Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated (13048 Views)

Reverend King's Birthday Celebrated On Newspaper By His Church Members (Photos) / 10 Ridiculous Ways Christmas Is Celebrated By Some Nigerians / How A Nairalander Celebrated The Mother's Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by Jossyroyal1: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2015
Chrismas may have come and gone but this thread serves as a reactive and proactive measure at the same time to guide us rightfully in future celebration Christmas, Easter etc.

And this was how the much anticipated Christmas 2015 came and gone down into history's archive but it might not interest you to know that many homes would have been broken, many relationship ended and friendship got shredded as well perhaps because a party could not meet up with the other party's expectations, request or demands.

*********Lets Paint a Scenery From a couple's perspective******************************************

A man for instance, whose wife is competitive in nature having gazed at her neighbor's massive and explosive preparation towards christmas by landing Cutes wears for their kids, new appliances and electronics for the home, stocked their freezer with asorted drinks and several type of frozen foods and shrimps and seeing her husband's inability to meet up will only provoke nothing but undue insults, tongue lashing or bashing from the wife.. You will hear bashing such like '' are u not a man or can't u see baba Alimatu?? You are notin but an Infidel.... Lazy man, gud 4 nothing'' and the man been unable to or curtail or forebear the tongue lashing frm his mistress will bounce on her and teach her some lessons... At the end of the day, a looming call for separation is made...

A girlfrnd on the flip side of our scenario would have made her wish list for Christmas... Lets take a peep.. A new fitting dress, nice shoes to match, a wrist watch, necklaces, she might want a trending smartphone and u still have to make her hair do....... O jesus...! (Sign of the cross...) WTF...? Is it ur birthday?? Its not for Christ sake... It's christmas! And when her guy is unable to meet up.. You know the rest of the story.

5days ago, i was in a similar dilemma when i was chit chatting with a lady and she went like ''baby i need money to celebrate Xmas o'' and after Brainstorming for a couple of minutes, i just told her ''My dear.... God will provide for himself..... Chrismas is his birthday'' having seen that, she didnt reply me for some hours afterwhich she later responded by typing ''Amen'' I knew that didnt go down well with her but she must have to accept the fact.

*******How is Christmas supposed to be celebrated??*******

Well, to be sincere, i cannot clearly distinguish between St. Valentine's day and Christmas.. Seems pple do worst things on Christmas day than Valentine's day... Hmmmmm! Irony. Its a fact that hotel rooms are usually fully booked on Xmas days... Club houses makes lotta profit on same day,Beach party are organised well attended, Cinemas filled to capacity, Event centers overcrowded, Eatery Restaurants and Bars, contraceptives(condoms), postenols et al are not left out of high sales...
Now find sincere answers to d following questions.
1. Who is Jesus Christ?
2. Why did he come?
3. Why was he killed?
4. Is Jesus coming back?
How yhu ought to celebrrate Christmas

** On a typical Dec 25th, yhu shud be isolated in a quiet place and reflect on ur life, pray and appreciate thee almighty God for sending his son Jesus to come and redeem us from sin and perhaps understand the the essence of Christmas, make ammendments if need be, set ur track straight and remain rapturable....
God bless you for reading.

Originally written by Jossyroyal.
OAM4J
Lalasticlala

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by INTROVERT(f): 8:05am On Dec 28, 2015
Very true.... many peeps have borrowed, stolen, sold property just to celebrate or feel among.....

2 Likes

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by feran15(m): 8:56am On Dec 28, 2015
"how i think a Christian should celebrate christmas" should be the title.

4 Likes

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by looseweight: 9:08am On Dec 28, 2015
OK...

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by Sijo01(f): 9:08am On Dec 28, 2015
Nice one.
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by WAECFlyer2: 9:09am On Dec 28, 2015
grin
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by Sunnycliff(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2015
...As long as you have succeeded in putting across a smile on anyone, your X'mas is worthwhile!!

6 Likes

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by osaslord500(m): 9:09am On Dec 28, 2015
tongue
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by BTT(m): 9:10am On Dec 28, 2015
That import is long lost. But it is ever true.

Merry is the new catch. Not memory.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by lilbazy(m): 9:10am On Dec 28, 2015
If you think Lai mohammed is mad,click like. If you think fayose is the one that is mad,click share

17 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 28, 2015
i see
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by temmy2015(m): 9:14am On Dec 28, 2015
I love this...nice one op

1 Like

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by Hysmady(m): 9:14am On Dec 28, 2015
True...
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by Zenzu01(m): 9:16am On Dec 28, 2015
Smoke a little weed so that u can be High to serve the Most High

1 Like

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by donholy28(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2015
we'll all say very true,nice post but come next year Christmas we'll still do what we like

1 Like

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by DirtyGold: 9:17am On Dec 28, 2015
Really?
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by olagamalin(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2015
lilbazy:
If you think Lai mohammed is mad,click like. If you think fayose is the one that is mad,click share

Neh....rather, I think you are the mad one (plus Jobless tho). An online poll should be created to ascertain your sanity.

9 Likes

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 28, 2015
I think you are wrong Op. I am not a Christian per-se but I have an extensive knowledge of it.

Easter should be celebrated like this and not Christmas. Since it is a maxim among Christians that Dec25 is the born day of their leader, It is only proper to merry and celebrate, and not some sober reflection as you said.

Christmas shouldn't be a religious lamentation and ritual. It should be a feast and an occasion.

#MyThoughts

5 Likes

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by adesiku(m): 9:18am On Dec 28, 2015
true.. .I'm presently battling with a female friend requesting for Christmas gift, I simply told her " its not ur birthday...its Christ's birthday"...she still dey vex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2015
olagamalin:

Neh....rather, I think you are the mad one (plus Jobless tho). An online poll should be created to ascertain your sanity.

Thank you sir... We in the sane world are proud of you. You did the needful.
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by donholy28(m): 9:20am On Dec 28, 2015
lilbazy:
if you think this guy is mad for bringing government into a C.R.S class click like,if u think he's also crazy click share

4 Likes

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 28, 2015
feran15:
"how i think a Christian should celebrate christmas" should be the title.

Christmas is a Christian feast sir. He need not put the caption as you recommended..

1 Like

Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by maxiuc(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2015
ThankGod I escaped from spending for those big eye girls I was really so stingy

Still looking for money to complete my newyear budget
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by Chanchit: 9:22am On Dec 28, 2015
That is how the Op likes celebrating his Christmas.
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by youngwarlocks: 9:24am On Dec 28, 2015
ok
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by tomholly: 9:25am On Dec 28, 2015
noted
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by lonelydora: 9:27am On Dec 28, 2015
Okay nah....
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by skuribeebo: 9:27am On Dec 28, 2015
timm60:
Good morning everyone, am MR TIMOTHY by name. Here was my won ticket of my saturday's fixed games . Congratulations to myself and my subscribers. Next fixed games are for wednesday. Invest into the new year with real fixed games now. Interested persons should me now on 08106159812 . Strictly for business persons and for higher staker only. Take part and celebrate more
aaahh aye oni tete o le da.
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by miqos02(m): 9:30am On Dec 28, 2015
hmmm
Re: How Christmas Ought To Be Celebrated by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 28, 2015
eh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do You Believe In God? / Can A Christian Man (marry (two (2))wives? Is It A Sin? / The Aftermath Of Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.