Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,585 members, 7,861,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:26 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (330777 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:38am On Jan 13, 2012
@all, I do not think there is anything like spot training. It is either you loose weight on your entire body or you dont at all, you cannot loose fat on just a single part of your body.
All respect to genetic factors, it determines where excess fat is deposited in your body, just as some are lucky to have it on their hips some of us are unlucky to have it on our midsection or belly straight up.
@echala, you are doing great with those skips, its a very good cardio and fat burning workout, you will be there in no time.
@uzoo, for your abs workout like basic crunches, oblique twist, reverse crunches and sit ups are good. Lay your hands on 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels, you will come back and thank me. All in all always remember you cannot "spot reduce".
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2012
13/01/12

D2L2 30DS

Apart from walking push ups, jumping oblique twists and skater jumps; I followed my lovely Anita all through today and I was able to make it through with every part of my body shaking lipsrsealed

agabaI23:

grin grin grin
Do not be discouraged

no matter how much fun that statement was angry, it helped me today.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 2:28pm On Jan 13, 2012
What to do when #OccupyNigeria aka Fuel Subsidy Protest has made it impossible for you to get to the gym?
You look for items around the house to improvise, I needed dumbells --- I used yams instead smiley

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 2:35pm On Jan 13, 2012
Hehe @ Echala
@Hour G
I AM HAPPY YOU WERE ENCOURAGED;-)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2012
Echala:

What to do when #OccupyNigeria aka Fuel Subsidy Protest has made it impossible for you to get to the gym?
You look for items around the house to improvise, I needed dumbells --- I used yams instead smiley

OMG, I just love it when folks are determined. grin

@123, thanks dearie
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 8:21pm On Jan 13, 2012
Eschala, that is so funny, good one though, you have given me an idea wink wink wink

Log for yesterday; 40 minutes cardio workout, i combined all the workout i have done over time, and i did 15 reps of each, burnt a lot of calories.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 10:24pm On Jan 13, 2012
Biko, can someone break down all these abbreviations I see here.

Example: D2L2 30DS
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:59am On Jan 14, 2012
Echala:

Biko, can someone break down all these abbreviations I see here.

Example: D2L2 30DS

sorry about that,
Day 2 Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2012
Happy new week to you all!

Let's be motivated to do our workouts, consistency is the key wink

Sunday 15th Jan

Running/brisk walk - 48mins
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 7:21pm On Jan 15, 2012
logs for friday 13/1/12
30 minutes on the cross trainer,BFBM (only did about 28 minutes before a visitor came knocking so i couldnt finish it)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2012
babs2011:

Happy new week to you all!

Let's be motivated to do our workouts, consistency is the key wink

thanks babsie, personally I think my morale is just low since yesterday and today I just got tired with meetings in church. But just as ML always says its a no nonsense week ahead, when am going back on my words, pls remind me this week.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 11:29pm On Jan 15, 2012
hey all, how was your weekend?
Logs for today 15/1/12
BFBM, jariloves GER (strength and abs, by the time i was done, my muscles were shaking, her workouts are intense). Have a great week all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2012
@HG: dont worry, morale will get high. Its just weekend tiredness i guess.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2012
Hi All,
Nigeria go better.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
modath:

Hi All,
Nigeria go better.

It shall be well
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Pmama: 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2012
Hi everyone
this is the first time I am posting my Daily exercise, but I sure have been going through the post. I am 1.69, 75 kg and my target weight is 70kg, I think it is better to set short goals than long ones that will bore you. I am on fruits and veggies, I have a week plan for any one that is intrested. I will be at the Gym this evening because of work, for an hour aerobics.
Break fast---- lime in hot water to substitute for my tea,Garden egg and carrots.
Lunch --------- Vegetable salad with lowfat cream.
Dinner --------- Vegetable soup.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 2:33pm On Jan 17, 2012
Today

26 minutes running
17 minutes walking
14 minutes weights
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2012
@echala:i love those ur improvised dumbells oh, lol
@modath: amen oh. I just can believe that NLC betrayed us. God is on the throne.
Logs for yesterday 16/1/12
40 minutes on the cross trainer
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
Na they did what they had to do.  lipsrsealed

I told friends that Umar was prolonging the strike to increase his asking price. Not so long ago, he was involved in 500 m bribery scandal. Not sure what came out of it anyway.

BTW I am for the removal of subsidies wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
Good morning guys, hope you all had a nice weekened.

Log for yesterday, 30 minutes yoga and 15 minutes Abs Buff with Leslie sansome.
Breakfast -- water

Lunch- mixed vegetable and youghurt

Dinner---- don't know yet, cool cool cool cool Maybe rice to keep my energy.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2012
@123, of course I do not expect less na angry

@pmama you are welcome and such nice plan you have too, except the vegetable part. Will you eat veggies till you achieve ur goal or forever, if not the moment you continue ur normal diet, you body start building the weight back again.

17/01/12

Did 15x3 of six core training this morning, workout generator of Spark People. My computer just dint come up since yesterday morning, so 30 day shred is on hold till I fix it tonight prolly.

@echala how far?

Well done babsie, ML and aronky, keep on keeping on,
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2012
sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=537

@pmama try this link, it should be helpful
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2012
HG and all, how's everyone doing?
Back to work and back to my normal workout routine. I usually hit the gym three times a week after work: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Depending on how I feel, I jog about 3 miles on saturdays. During the strike, I worked out everyday except saturday. I knew if I didnt, I would gain weight, cos I tend to eat more when I am home.

Today at the gym, I ran on the threadmill for 30 mins; speed 10 and Incline at 4. Afterwards, I have an 8 minute abs workout program on my ipad that I follow, i try to do it daily. Today was a lazy workout, I didn't have the energy for my usual light weight lifting.

I have seen some people's 'starvation' diet plans. I am no diet expert, but one thing I have always been told is that starving yourself is sure not the way to go. Portion control and healthier meal choices is a more sustainable way to lose weight and keep healthy.

Later folks.

Y
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Philpjaques: 11:00pm On Jan 17, 2012
All this information are very good for those people who love to do the exercise.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:49am On Jan 18, 2012
I am feeling good today. Had a good work out

30 mins running
45 minutes weights and dance interlude
17 mins walking

Hour G em why?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uzoo: 12:03pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Echala

thanks
i do have a jump rope ,i was lazy to kick start my work out routine (i usually do 400 to 600 skips) three times a day,after the yuletide.

so i'll get back to it and increase it to a thousand skips.

what is the "targeted Ab exercise" you do and how often?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2012
@uzoo, Here is a link to the video on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-9L0J_9qag
I downloaded it to my ipad so I can always have it with me
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 12:43pm On Jan 18, 2012
Wed 18th Jan

Tae Bo Cardio Bootcamp Live! - 30 mins

Great work all smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uzoo: 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Echala

thanks.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Pmama: 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Hour Glass, Thanks for your advice about my diet, trust me my meal plan is balanced, it is probably the way I wrote it without really going into details, the salad I had yesterday had fish on it, some days I have milk, potatoes, lean meat and even brown rice but it is mostly fruits and veggies sorry about the misinformation. To answer your question, I want to make this diet part of me, I am coming from 83 KG and it was this diet and Exercise that got me this far. Thanks again for the link, it was very informative.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2012
Just sharing a quote I saw in the latest edition of Men's Helath Magazine:

“People think that to get in shape you have to starve yourself. They’re wrong – you have to eat the right things (protein) at the right times (continually) and avoid eating the wrong things (carbs) at the wrong times (evenings).
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2012
Good morning guys, HG, ML, AGABA, ESCAHLA, UZOO, BABS,PNAMA hOPE you all are doing great wink wink wink wink

Workout for yesterday, 35 minutes cardio kick boxing, was fun!!! burnt calories!!!!!

Meal for today;

Water for breakfast, only because i am usually not hungry in the morning so instaed of taking juice as i would, i decided to go with water. NO calories, cool cool cool

Lunch- rice and chicken with a small bowl of mixed fruits.

Dinner- maybe beans and plantain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.