Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,387 members, 7,850,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:16 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (330049 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
agabaI23: Why did you decide to become a transsexual?
You were a man in during your first missionary journey in the thread grin

angry
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Dancer4life: 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hello, I am new here but i'll like to add me weightloss experience. I learnt this thing that our body actually burns faster when you eat more often. I started eating five times daily but the meals were in small proportions and healthy choices. I also had a cheat day where i ate whatever food I desire for a day. I lost 7kg in a month. Im stiil on the process to loose 6kg this month.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hour_Glass:

angry
Haaaaa! Wetin now? You better get super glue oo. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
2 fricking intensive hrs at the gym. Was it fun? O yea,!

I did 32 press ups in 35 secs
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
Wed 2nd Oct

Tae Bo Ultimate Lower body - 40 mins

Workout minutes total for October - 96 mins

You guys try with your press ups, my upper body strength is lacking. I'm adding Jillian Michael workouts from next week.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hour_Glass:

angry

^ lol, like clockwork, I knew you'd soon pop by with an angry face hehe grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by itsabdul(m): 11:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Check out this post for more on weight loss http://foodsanddiseases.com/eating-avoid-reduce-weight-gain/
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
Thursday 3rd October

Power walking - 120 mins

Workout minutes total so far for October - 216 mins
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2013
babs2011:

^ lol, like clockwork, I knew you'd soon pop by with an angry face hehe grin
grin grin
Someone is now predictable tongue
Not gonna call names sha wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
Just peeping. Hello every one.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
Sammiejo: Just peeping. Hello every one.
Oga jo, we dey greet ooo

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2013
Friday 4th October

Tae Bo Celebrity Get Fit - 43 mins

Workout minutes total for October - 259 mins

TGIF! Nice weekend all smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
babs2011: Friday 4th October

Tae Bo Celebrity Get Fit - 43 mins

Workout minutes total for October - 259 mins

TGIF! Nice weekend all smiley
Nice one Barby.
You have had a marvellous week, so your weekend will be nicer.

Have fun!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
Im actually missing HG. Well I know what to do to get her out grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
^Thanks Agaba! Yeah @ HG, where art thou??
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
I am trying to lose some weight before I resume at work. I had my baby some weeks ago annd still look pregnant. I will not be posting my meals as I am exclusively b.reastfeeding and eating alot.
Please people I need a lot of encouragement to do this.

The good news is I am almost at my pre-preg weight of 85kg (Not the ideal for my height anyways)
Weight at my last weigh in - 87.2kg

Log

Oct 1 - 4 mile walk with Leslie Sansone
Oct 2 - Nil
Oct 3 - Nil
Oct 4 - 30 day shred Level one (Barely kept up with all the moves.)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by OmoAlata1(f): 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sammiejo: I am trying so lose some weight before I resume at work. I had my baby some weeks ago annd still look pregnant. I will not be posting my meals as I am exclusively b.reastfeeding and eating alot.
Please people I need a lot of encouragement to do this.

The good news is I am almost at my pre-preg weight of 85kg (Not the ideal for my height anyways)
Weight at my last weigh in - 87.2kg

Log

Oct 1 - 4 mile work with Leslie Sansone
Oct 2 - Nil
Oct 3 - Nil
Oct 4 - 30 day shred Level one (Barely kept up with all the moves.)

Has your doctor given you clearance to start working out? i know what you mean about still looking pregnant. I was there twice. since you are breastfeeding exclusive, your stomach should go down very soon on its own
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
Omo_Alata:

Has your doctor given you clearance to start working out? i know what you mean about still looking pregnant. I was there twice. since you are breastfeeding exclusive, your stomach should go down very soon on its own

Yes I have got clearance from the Doc. Its almost 3 months and I still very preggy.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by OmoAlata1(f): 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sammiejo:

Yes I have got clearance from the Doc. Its almost 3 months and I still very preggy.

wow that is a long time, your stomach should have decreased significantly by now. you have to do workout that engages your core and pelvic floor. those areas are very weak. Pilates is really good for that
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 6:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
Saturday October 5th

Power walking - 50mins
Lawn Tennis game - 30 mins

Workout minutes total for October - 339 mins
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
Walk 120 mins
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
@Sammiejo - Hope you are well. Let me give it to you straight, what you need is to get your eating in order; as you are simply prolonging the whole process this way. Breastfeeding is NOT about eating a lot, but eating the right things; Quality over Quantity. This is what your baby will benefit from. The math is very simple reallly - if you want to eat a lot, you also have to exercise a LOT; and you are not doing that, so i advise you to devise a structured meal plan asap and start exercising consistently.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
Romeo4real: @Sammiejo - Hope you are well. Let me give it to you straight, what you need is to get your eating in order; as you are simply prolonging the whole process this way. Breastfeeding is NOT about eating a lot, but eating the right things; Quality over Quantity. This is what your baby will benefit from. The math is very simple reallly - if you want to eat a lot, you also have to exercise a LOT; and you are not doing that, so i advise you to devise a structured meal plan asap and start exercising consistently.
That's keeping it real from Romeo for real.

Sammie u don hear am.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by OmoAlata1(f): 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
Romeo4real: @Sammiejo - Hope you are well. Let me give it to you straight, what you need is to get your eating in order; as you are simply prolonging the whole process this way. Breastfeeding is NOT about eating a lot, but eating the right things; Quality over Quantity. This is what your baby will benefit from. The math is very simple reallly - if you want to eat a lot, you also have to exercise a LOT; and you are not doing that, so i advise you to devise a structured meal plan asap and start exercising consistently.

I agree with eating. I think what you put in your mouth and the quantity will determine the type of outcome you will get. I don't necessary believe if you eat a lot, you need to also exercise a lot. Because eating a lot and exercising a lot will absolutely not give you the good result that you want. Portion control goes a long way.

One still needs to work the abdomen muscles after child birth cos the core and pelvic floor are very weak and they need to be stregthened
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Sammiejo: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2013

Thanks. Working on it. I will surely get the discipline back.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
Lol. There is no such thing as eat a lot and exercise a lot to balance out. The amount of exercise you will have to do to burn just 500 calories in a day, eating a lot would mean thousands of calories in a day, just won't work. You can eat a lot of veggies as much as u want. U can reduce the portion of ur main meals and make it up with veggies, u will still feel full but with good ish. Eat fruits in between meals to curb that feeling of hunger, u can blend the fruits to make a smoothie for variety. Feeling hungry? Grab a tomato, fat free yoghurt. Drink and drink lots of water, plain green tea at least twice a day to benefit from it's fat burning ability. Cut down on full fat milk, low to no fat milk is the way to go. My 2kobo

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:00am On Oct 07, 2013
@ Omo-Alata and Greyfog, I think I will agree with R4R's exercising a lot to eat a lot. The issue there is if you are exercising a lot and not eating enough, all your efforts will not yield nothing because the body can activate a starvation mode.
Lemme give the examples of weight lifters do you think they eat half plate of rice, in fact when you see their meal plans you will be scared. So also we were talking of those abokis and labourers who works on site carrying cement and concrete, have you seen their 8 packs before, do you sit to ever watch them eat? Even on weight loss sites, the moment your exercise routine increases either intensity or duration, your daily calorie will most definitely increase too. Take a cue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2013
@Hour_Glass, weight lifters eat so much because they want to increase their body mass be it muscle mass or healthy fat. Because the stronger they are the more weight they will lift. A weight lifter who weighs in at 70kg has little chance of any serious heavy lifting so he or she has to bulk up and they achieve that by eating more than their daily calorie requirements. As for abokis I have never seen them eat, yes some of them are ripped but we are talking about inhumane working conditions in order to make a living, you don't know how many of them that break down because of that. I don't think d person we are addressing will be undergoing exercises comparable to what the abokis are doing. Most importantly she wants to lose weight not gain or maintain her weight. If abokis don't eat so much as u say they will have serious health issues because of the amount of energy they expend during work of which the person in question will never go through.
Exercise will never burn as much calorie as you consume. If u want to lose weight eat less calories than you daily requirement. If u want to gain weight or bulk up eat more than you require, it's that simple. My 2naira

2 Likes

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by OmoAlata1(f): 9:30am On Oct 07, 2013
Well said Grey, I have a lot friend who do high intense workout and it makes them hungry all the time. They always complain of not losing weight. So they have to decrease intensity to lose weight.

When I do heavy heavy lifting, I can eat house
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2013
Monday 7th October

Tae Bo Advanced - 53 mins
Jillian Michaels Six Weeks 6 pack - 35 mins
Brisk Walk - 20 mins

Total workout minutes completed so far in October - 447 mins

Hm, now I expect to feel hungrier today lol! grin as mentioned above just need to remember quality over quantity!

Nice day all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 11:09am On Oct 07, 2013
Greyfog: @Hour_Glass, weight lifters eat so much because they want to increase their body mass be it muscle mass or healthy fat. Because the stronger they are the more weight they will lift. A weight lifter who weighs in at 70kg has little chance of any serious heavy lifting so he or she has to bulk up and they achieve that by eating more than their daily calorie requirements. As for abokis I have never seen them eat, yes some of them are ripped but we are talking about inhumane working conditions in order to make a living, you don't know how many of them that break down because of that. I don't think d person we are addressing will be undergoing exercises comparable to what the abokis are doing. Most importantly she wants to lose weight not gain or maintain her weight. If abokis don't eat so much as u say they will have serious health issues because of the amount of energy they expend during work of which the person in question will never go through.
Exercise will never burn as much calorie as you consume. If u want to lose weight eat less calories than you daily requirement. If u want to gain weight or bulk up eat more than you require, it's that simple. My 2naira

Toh. I don gree.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by amynet: 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
Freshface: Hi y'all! Una weldone o. I want to lose weight. Hope this forum helps me. I stay in ph and I need some workout dvds. Can any one help pls? Pls pls anyone?

Try Pure Natural Weight Loss Supplement http://www.betterhealthandbeauty.net/weight-loss/african-mango-pure-natural-weight-loss-supplement African Mango has played an important role in the nutrition, economy and traditional medicine in western and southwestern Africa from Nigeria to Angola.

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.