Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language (5302 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 / Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language / Why Pres. Buhari Should Grant Sen. Bukola Saraki A Pardon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by signature2012(m): 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
@op,dont mind the zombies,they see buhari as a perfectionist.

Someone who could utter that is more concerned about the 97% and less concern of the 5%.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by adconline(m): 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
themilanway:

You are block head,I'm so sure of it.

1st the hausa is a Nigerian language if you are really and truely a Nigerian.Why the discrimination?Who stopped PEJ or even GEJ from granting interviews with their mother tongue?Who?

Why are you not complaining about his dressing or the food he eats?

Tribal bigot
Willful ignorance runs in ur DNA. Official language of Naija is English..

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by signature2012(m): 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
adconline:

Willful ignorance runs in ur DNA. Official language of Naija is English..

Don't mind him,they are bunch of hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
I think some so-called "Social media change agents" have read this thread. Finally, our Hausa speaking president has scheduled a media chat with a local media station for Wednesday this week, I shall update on the time.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by adconline(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
Pidggin:
I think some so-called "Social media change agents" have read this thread. Finally, our Hausa speaking president has scheduled a media chat with a local media station for Wednesday this week, I shall update on the time.
Thanks. GMB is always putting his region before Naija.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
adconline:

Thanks. PMB is always putting his region before Naija.

You are right my brother, he isn't even tactful about it at all, it's so bad.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by fulanimafia: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
Go and cure your inferiority complex.

If you're really pained, go and open BBC Ibo.

While you're at it, establish VOA Ibo so that you can ensure the North has no advantage over you.

Pidggin:

You are right my brother, he isn't even tactful about it at all, it's so bad.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by adconline(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
fulanimafia:

While you're at it, establish VOA Ibo so that you can ensure the North has no advantage over you.

Inferiority is when u don't want to compete with official national language. You want Jamb score to be lowered for ur kids to be given admission.. Now you want Hausa to made official language when English is official language of business and governance??

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
fulanimafia:

Fulani warrior I am not surprised at your thoughtless outburst. It is people like you that promote disunity in this country. Fortunately for us, my people are educated and we can communicate very well in our official language hence we are not in urgent need of a sectarian foreign media station, unlike your kindred who find it difficult to assimilate a language that all other tribes have mastered with ease. That said, as long as Buhari remains our president, he owes it to us to uphold our symbols of identity, one of which is our official language.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by fulanimafia: 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
Where did you see any suggestion that Hausa should be made the official language?

BBC Hausa is a Hausa station that broadcasts in Hausa.

Were you expecting the President to speak in English?
Do you realize if it was a Yoruba/Ijaw speaking President, the interview would still have been translated to Hausa?
Do you not realize it is the need for balance that made the President conduct an English version of the same interview?

This is a either a petty case of covetousness, hatred, jealousy or inferiority complex; otherwise there are no grounds for dissatisfaction.

adconline:

Inferiority is when u don't want to compete with official national language. You want Jamb score to be lowered for ur kids to be given admission.. Now you want Hausa to made official language when English is official language of business and governance??
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by fulanimafia: 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
Just like BBC Brasil, BBC Russia, BBC Mundo and BBC Spanish were established because those countries were made up of uneducated people that can't speak English right? Lmao.

You are pained grin.

(For your information, it was announced in November 2015 that BBC Yoruba and BBC Pidgin are to commence operations tongue)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34902244

Pidggin:

Fulani warrior I am not surprised at your thoughtless outburst. It is people like you that promote disunity in this country. Fortunately for us, my people are educated and we can communicate very well in our official language hence we are not in urgent need of a sectarian foreign media station, unlike your kindred who find it difficult to assimilate a language that all other tribes have mastered with ease. That said, as long as Buhari remains our president, he owes it to us to uphold our symbols of identity, one of which is our official language.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by fulanimafia: 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
When Osibanjo/Fashola takes office, expect some deep Yoruba Presidential interviews to BBC Yoruba, then you can eat your hearts out.

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
fulanimafia:
Just like BBC Brasil, BBC Russia, BBC Mundo and BBC Spanish were established because those countries were made up of uneducated people that can't speak English right? Lmao.

You are pained grin.

(For your information, it was announced in November 2015 that BBC Yoruba and BBC Pidgin are to commence operations tongue)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34902244

Yes, I agree, I am pained because of all the reasons I gave in my first post. How can a whole president of a country like ours insist on consistently communicating with BBCHausa service? Does it mean that he is deliberately refusing to communicate with our own local stations, if this is the case, why? Does it also mean that he is not comfortable with using our own official language in communication, especially as regards national issues? These are questions that should not be left unanswered
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by fulanimafia: 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Why would he not communicate with the BBC Hausa Service? Are Hausa's not part of his citizens? Were the other tribes deprived of the same information?

You have no case, go and boil a stone, maybe it will help your bile.

Pidggin:

Yes, I agree, I am pained because of all the reasons I gave in my first post. How can a whole president of a country like ours insist on consistently communicating with BBCHausa service? Does it mean that he is deliberately refusing to communicate with our own local stations, if this is the case, why? Does it also mean that he is not comfortable with using our own official language in communication, especially as regards national issues? These are questions that should not be left unanswered
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
fulanimafia:
Why would he not communicate with the BBC Hausa Service? Are Hausa's not part of his citizens? Were the other tribes deprived of the same information?

You have no case, go and boil a stone, maybe it will help your bile.

Hausa is not the only tribe in this country, we have many other tribes. If the president is tactful, why will he choose to communicate on national issues via his mother tongue? So in your opinion, it is okay for the remaining tribes to have to wait for the translated version of his interview, does it mean that we are of less importance than your tribesmen? If this is what it means, then PMB is only fanning the flames of disunity, and it will certainly be his undoing.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by adconline(m): 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
fulanimafia:
Where did you see any suggestion that Hausa should be made the official language?

BBC Hausa is a Hausa station that broadcasts in Hausa.

Were you expecting the President to speak in English?
Do you realize if it was a Yoruba/Ijaw speaking President, the interview would still have been translated to Hausa?
Do you not realize it is the need for balance that made the President conduct an English version of the same interview?

This is a either a petty case of covetousness, hatred, jealousy or inferiority complex; otherwise there are no grounds for dissatisfaction.

He's the president of Naija not president of Hausa. It's like opening a govt meeting with Quran prayer instead of National anthem. It's not his job to grant interview in Hausa when he's discussing national budget for 170m most of whom don't speak Hausa.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by fulanimafia: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
Pidggin:

Hausa is not the only tribe in this country, we have many other tribes. If the president is tactful, why will he choose to communicate on national issues via his mother tongue? So in your opinion, it is okay for the remaining tribes to have to wait for the translated version of his interview, does it mean that we are of less importance than your tribesmen? If this is what it means, then PMB is only fanning the flames of disunity, and it will certainly be his undoing.

See? Inferiority complex like I initially diagnosed.

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by fulanimafia: 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
Since you have refused to reason, you have no choice but to go to sleep with the reality that your President is Hausa and has chosen to grant interviews to BBC Hausa. Work hard for an Ibo President and an Ibo BBC.

adconline:

He's the president of Naija not president of Hausa. It's like opening a govt meeting with Quran prayer instead of National anthem. It's not his job to grant interview in Hausa when he's discussing national budget for 170m most of whom don't speak Hausa.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
fulanimafia:

See? Inferiority complex like I initially diagnosed.

Thanks for your diagnosis. However, my condition has been worsened by our president's inability to communicate in our official language and his choice of foreign media to disseminate information to the good people of this country.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by gwales: 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
Pidggin:

Thanks for your diagnosis. However, my condition has been worsened by our president's inability to communicate in our official language and his choice of foreign media to disseminate information to the good people of this country.
Ok, so why did goodluck Jonathan Always wears Ijaw attire, don't you think that shows how sectional he is?
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by adconline(m): 12:38am On Dec 30, 2015
fulanimafia:
Since you have refused to reason, you have no choice but to go to sleep with the reality that your President is Hausa and has chosen to grant interviews to BBC Hausa. Work hard for an Ibo President and an Ibo BBC.

No wonder most of his northern supporters will perpetually be kept in poverty and illiteracy.. You can keep ur superiority complex on those.. But when he wants to negotiations complex transactions like borrowing, oil deals, contract award, English is used . There is no BBC translation.. His followers are left out!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 12:59am On Dec 30, 2015
gwales:
Ok, so why did goodluck Jonathan Always wears Ijaw attire, don't you think that shows how sectional he is?

What does Buhari wear presently, is it not his native attire, and who is complaining about that? Nigeria has no official attire so no one can hold him to that, but regarding language it is quite different, we have an official language and he should make use of it as expected of a true nationalist, but this is not the case with him.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by femimailbox(m): 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hmmm my country people una doooo!
BBC has an Hausa arm and that is bbc Hausa, they only speak Hausa language. so granting interview to bbc hausa in english language is very difficult if not impossible.
Call me when he grant interview to our own nta in hausa language.
Noa!
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by espn(m): 6:29am On Feb 09, 2016
Pidggin:

Where did you hear me say i don't like Buhari? Be nice now, why are you trying to drive me away from my own country?
be sincere with yourself..u opened a thread claiming your thought isn't based on bias..ur comments nd mentions clearly shows ur intent..which is mischief..and u claim to believe in the unity of dis gr8 country! I doubt
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 7:07am On Feb 09, 2016
espn:
be sincere with yourself..u opened a thread claiming your thought isn't based on bias..ur comments nd mentions clearly shows ur intent..which is mischief..and u claim to believe in the unity of dis gr8 country! I doubt

None of my comments on this thread was aimed at at being mischievous, I only pointed out what I noticed and how it will negatively affect our unity if it continues
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 09, 2016
Pidggin:

None of my comments on this thread was aimed at at being mischievous, I only pointed out what I noticed and how it will negatively affect our unity if it continues

Was Yaradua granting interview in Hausa ??
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 8:09am On Feb 09, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Was Yaradua granting interview in Hausa ??

Does that make it right? Besides how many times did he grant interviews in Hausa? PMB was making it a habit which is not good for our national unity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG’s New Borrowings Rise By 278.03% In Six Years / 2027: No Vacancy In Aso Rock – Ganduje Tells Opposition Parties / Policemen Kill Two Drivers At Illegal Checkpoint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.