Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. (2767 Views)

"We Are Not Responsible For Your Woes" - FG Tells Nigerians / $2.1B Arms Fund: How Fayose Received N1.2billion – witness / APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by drss(m): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
themilanway:

Kindly provide a link to how this col in question was dealt with.

Thanks
dem provide u with solid proof of northern sabotage in war against boko, u ar here asking for another tin. Is buari not d president Let him deal with his sabotaging brothers. After all d northerners at one point reported GEJ to America for killing boko haram terrorist.
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2015
themilanway:

Kindly provide a link to how this col in question was dealt with.

Thanks

They are among those 300 soldiers sentenced to death by the last administration before Buhari's government reviewed their cases and decided to offered them leniency by commuting their sentences to 10 years imprisonment. (Google will help you)

You don't have the right to comfront me just because I decided to help you out seeing how ignorantly confrontational you've been on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by themilanway(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2015
OLADD:

Iwo ati gbogbo idile e ni oponu. I am not derailing any thread, my response was a rejoinder to a question asked by one the commentators. Use your head.

K
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by themilanway(m): 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

They are among those 300 soldiers sentenced to death by the last administration before Buhari's government reviewed their cases and decided to offered them leniency by commuting their sentences to 10 years imprisonment.

You don't have the right to comfront me just because I decided to help you out seeing how ignorantly confrontational you've been on this thread.

Confront you?Where?When?Are you drunk?

I politely asked for a link and you are here accusing of confronting you
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by OLADD: 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
1freshdude:

Let the president witch hunt Corrupt politicians as he likes, at the end of the day we have less of them outside jail grin
The next government can continue to witch hunt too, in as much as the hunted are truly corrupt, no problem.

No sir. One of the reasons he was booted out in 1985 was accusation of selective justice and withchhunt. Remember repeated incarceration of those acquitted for corruption by Tribunals in Buhari's first stint as head of state? Remember when he put Shagari in house arrest but bundled his deputy (Ekwume) to Kirikiri? That's selective justice and witchhunt. It eventually led to his downfall.
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by 1freshdude: 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
OLADD:

Thank you my brother. That's a very good question. Selective justice is not in the interest of Nigeria or Nigerians. Its consequence can be dire and that's one of the reasons why Nigeria has been unstable politically and economically. Remember the prophet Samuel in the Bible? He engaged in selective judgement at a point in his life when he decided to overlook the atrocities of his children but concentrated on other peoples' sins. Do you know the consequence? God's wrought was unleashed on his family and the children died mysteriously. That's the consequence of selective justice. It's a whirlwind that blows no one any good.

I am still looking for the point you made. And I am not your usual average dumb Nigerian who is very very confused and jumps at the mention of the bible. With all due respect its a nicely written literature, but keep that book far away when you are discussing with me, its the most utilized tool of fraudsters today. So please tell me why having more crooks freely roaming around is better than having less crooks.
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by 1freshdude: 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
OLADD:

No sir. One of the reasons he was booted out in 1985 was accusation of selective justice and withchhunt. Remember repeated incarceration of those acquitted for corruption by Tribunals in Buhari's first stint as head of state? Remember when he put Shagari in house arrest but bundled his deputy (Ekwume) to Kirikiri? That's selective justice and witchhunt. It eventually led to his downfall.

Its really difficult to get your point, maybe its because I think upright Do you remember the person that booted Buhari out? I mean is he your idea of an upright and equitable leader? Is he not a corrupt opportunist? You leave me with more questions
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by OLADD: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
1freshdude:

I am still looking for the point you made. And I am not your usual average dumb Nigerian who is very very confused and jumps at the mention of the bible. With all due respect its a nicely written literature, but keep that book far away when you are discussing with me, its the most utilized tool of fraudsters today. So please tell me why having more crooks freely roaming around is better than having less crooks.

I only used the bible reference to buttress my points wherein I explained the consequence of selective justice. I agree with you that we hardly follow the dictates of the bible in Nigeria.
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by OLADD: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
1freshdude:

Its really difficult to get your point, maybe its because I think upright Do you remember the person that booted Buhari out? I mean is he your idea of an upright and equitable leader? Is he not a corrupt opportunist? You leave me with more questions

The character of the person responsible for his ouster was inconsequential. God can use anybody to achieve his aims. The most important thing was that Buhari was booted out in 1985 due to his selective justice and highhandedness.
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
themilanway:

Jonathan can never govern this country again.

So no matter how many moronic thread you create,it won't matter or change anything.

I just hope for your sake you don't die of high blood pressure before or in 2016.

Guy why do u reason like ds... who say they want Jonahdumb to govern??... So if someone creates a topic to disagree with Buhari... d person is a Jonathanian or wat??
Dont b a pussy jawe....

1 Like

Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by superpundit: 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
themilanway:
What was the reason for the Mutiny?

I didn't see it in your write up

He said sabotage by northerners. Are you that brainwashed by APC that you can no longer read?
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by 1freshdude: 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
OLADD:

The character of the person responsible for his ouster was inconsequential. [b]God [/b]can use anybody to achieve his aims. The most important thing was that Buhari was booted out in 1985 due to his selective justice and highhandedness.

From your answers it is obvious that you dont want Nigeria to progress, but it will happen even if it means incarcerating you or giving you the noose, it will happen! We support Buhari and any public official who witch hunts their corrupt predecessor. People in positions of trust need to be aware that they may be called to account for there stewardship while in office by their successors and that they will be punished if they are found wanting. That way we will move closer to the Nigeria of our dreams. I hope you are around to see it for I tell you, It would be worth more than say $200 you get from Dasuki and co to defend Thrash/Carnage/Immorality online!

(God is using Buhari as he used IBB in your context)
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by ubah84(m): 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
OLADD:
Ordinarily, this adminstration should have been completely ignored whenever it embarks on its usual stock-in-trade i.e the blame games but allowing Buhari to get away with his escapist excuses would do more harm than good to the Nigerian nation.

It's a height of recklessness for a sitting president (who was an ex head of state) to justify mutiny in the Army under the excuse of arms diversion. Nowhere in the world is mutiny condoled under any circumstance even if soldiers were asked to fight with bare hands. The worst a serving soldier can do when confronted with maltreatment from his immediate boss (a GOC for that matter) is to point guns at him under provocation. In the military, that's absolute TREASON.

For the avoidance of doubt;

1. Not all the funds allocated for the fight against Boko haram were meant for arms purchase.

2. It's the prerogative of GOCs and other military heads to determine when arms are deployed.

3. There was no time during Jonathan's administration that military chiefs complained of lack of arm as a result of fund diversion.

4. The last administration would go down in history as the first to procure state of the art equipment for the military. All its predecessors (including Buhari's regime) had done otherwise.

5. The Nigerian military historically was never prepared logistically (through training, intelligence gathering, counter insurgency tactics etc) to fight terrorism. The menace is alien to our shores.

6. Sabotage from northern elements using disgruntled disloyal members of the armed forces was largely responsible for lukewarmness experienced throughout Jonathan's fight against insurgency.

7. If Buhari was so concerned about the carnage unleashed on Nigeria by Boko haram, why did he decline to negotiate with the sect when he was nominated as their sole negotiator. Maybe if he had done that, Book haram would have been history.

8. Unguided utterances including the one made by Buhari when he openly tagged the fight against Boko haram as a fight against the north was largely responsible for soldiers reluctance in taking the insurgents headlong.

The president should face the act of governance squarely and assume responsibility instead of incessantly using the past administration's shortcomings (if any) to justify his apparent ineptitude.

ekpa noted
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by ubah84(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
OLADD:

I am 100% sure that many reasonable and sane Nairalanders truly know who's a fool between you and me. May you continue to live with foolery all the days of your life.
u are the fool

1 Like

Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by OLADD: 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
ubah84:
u are the fool

Thank you. A fool for an equitable, just and egalitarian Nigeria.
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by 1freshdude: 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
OLADD:

Thank you. A fool for an equitable, just and egalitarian Nigeria.

Just and egalitarian society where money for securing lives and property can be siphoned without questions? Just and egalitarian indeed!
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by OLADD: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
1freshdude:

From your answers it is obvious that you dont want Nigeria to progress, but it will happen even if it means incarcerating you or giving you the noose, it will happen! We support Buhari and any public official who witch hunts their corrupt predecessor. People in positions of trust need to be aware that they may be called to account for there stewardship while in office by their successors and that they will be punished if they are found wanting. That way we will move closer to the Nigeria of our dreams. I hope you are around to see it for I tell you, It would be worth more than say $200 you get from Dasuki and co to defend Thrash/Carnage/Immorality online!

(God is using Buhari as he used IBB in your context)

No sir. The fact that Buhari is now in power does not mean it's God that's using him. The Israelites of old pestered God for a king and He reluctantly gave them Saul. It was never the intention of God to unleash Saul on His people but their murmuring forced him to do so. No nation moves forward under a sentimental and selective leader.

1 Like

Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by OLADD: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2015
1freshdude:

Just and egalitarian society where money for securing lives and property can be siphoned without questions? Just and egalitarian indeed!

I have responded to this assertion severally in my previous posts. There's is no proof that the $2.1billion was entirely meant for the fight against insurgency. Where is the proof that all Security Votes by APC governors were(are) used to protect lives and property in their respective States? I don't condone corruption under any guise but Buhari is only using the arms probe to score cheap political points. I am not a novice as far as Nigerian politic is concerned.
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by 1freshdude: 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
OLADD:

No sir. The fact that Buhari is now in power does not mean it's God that's using him. The Israelites of old pestered God for a king and He reluctantly gave them Saul. It was never the intention of God to unleash Saul on His people but their murmuring forced him to do so. No nation moves forward under a sentimental and selective leader.

But it was God that used IBB to overthrow Buhari then? Guy you need to step up your game, people are now wiser.
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by 1freshdude: 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
OLADD:

I have responded to this assertion severally in my previous posts. There's is no proof that the $2.1billion was entirely meant for the fight against insurgency. Where is the proof that all Security Votes by APC governors were(are) used to protect lives and property in their respective States? I don't condone corruption under any guise but Buhari is only using the arms probe to score cheap political points. I am not a novice as far as Nigerian politic is concerned.

Even if the $2.1 billion is meant for sweeping does it justify the diversion? Parley, Buhari should deal mercilessly with any corrupt person his eye falls on, call it anything you like, Nigerians need it.

Your statement also shows that you are inherently corrupt! I think you are beyond redemption, won ma need lati incarcerate e, Beni, oye ko shey ewon, ko malo contaminate awon omoluabi toku ni ilu wa.
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by OLADD: 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
1freshdude:

Even if the $2.1 billion is meant for sweeping does it justify the diversion? Parley, Buhari should deal mercilessly with any corrupt person his eye falls on, call it anything you like, Nigerians need it.

I have never said diversion of public fund is justifiable. My point is that Buhari's APC was (and is still) the worst culprit. All the rots PDP is been accused of are prevalent in APC. Simple.
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by 1freshdude: 5:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
OLADD:

I have never said diversion of public fund is justifiable. My point is that Buhari's APC was (and is still) the worst culprit. All the rots PDP is been accused of are prevalent in APC. Simple.

Why should it matter to you when evil forces are fighting for the good of Nigeria? Defending corruption seems to be your jab but I have to go as I have work to do.
I advice you as a quasi Christian, to repent of your evil ways or be crushed by our anti-corruption crusade. Am out!
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by BushidoBlue(m): 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
OLADD:

What's wrong with you for God's sake? Is it down to lack of intuitive reasoning for people like you to attach Jonathan sentiment to every post? Jonathan has done his bit. He didn't cite past regimes' shortcomings for inability to perform in office. So Buhari should get down to business and stop excuses. That's is the context of my thread. OK?

U dey mind them?

[size=18pt]Soon they will:

Deny this happened

Discredit the source and OP

Defend the regime

Deflect blame to GEJ

Derail thread to a tribal war

And finally ask for the thread to be deleted
[/size]
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by BushidoBlue(m): 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
crixtex:

Guy why do u reason like ds... who say they want Jonahdumb to govern??... So if someone creates a topic to disagree with Buhari... d person is a Jonathanian or wat??
Dont b a pussy jawe....

That's because...

[size=14pt]Soon they will:

Deny this happened

Defend the regime

Deflect blame to GEJ

And finally ask for the thread to be deleted[/size]

1 Like

Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by OLADD: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2015
BushidoBlue:

U dey mind them?

[size=18pt]Soon they will:

Deny this happened

Defend the regime

Deflect blame to GEJ

And finally ask for the thread to be deleted
[/size]

It's disheartening how some educated minds (so to say) on Nairaland and elsewhere mischievously misconstrue any criticism of Buhari's govt as campaign for Jonathan. The man has completed his mission as an ex president but the focus is now on Buhari as the sitting president. Nobody can gag or prevent us from putting this govt on its toes. We'll not allow APC or Buhari to take us for a ride the way they used lies and propaganda to win elections. Never!
Re: Arms Fund Diversion Was Not Responsible For Mutiny. by OLADD: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2015
1freshdude:

Why should it matter to you when evil forces are fighting for the good of Nigeria? Defending corruption seems to be your jab but I have to go as I have work to do.
I advice you as a quasi Christian, to repent of your evil ways or be crushed by our anti-corruption crusade. Am out!

Guy, I initially decided not to reply you further on this thread but it seems your folly is second to none. How in your mindlessness could you assert that 'evil forces can do good to the benefit of Nigerians"? Gosh! Where in history has evil begotten good? For your information, no agents of evil that parade themselves as agents of light really mean well for any society. They come to steal. destroy and to kill. APC is evil and mark my words from today, no good thing can come out from their fold. It's a party of bloodthirsty, violent and covetous personalities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate President Saraki Finally Reacts To Sen. Tinubu & Melaye Saga / 30 Undeniable Achievements That Shows President Buhari Is Really Working / Hope Uzodimma: 50 Years After Ukpabi Asika – Is History Repeating Itself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.