Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji (13917 Views)

Obafemi Martins And Jiganbabaoja, "Sho Mo Age Mi Ni" Crooner Meet / "I Was Born Broke, But I Will Die Wealthy”- Wizkid Shares Throwback Vs Now Photo / Eniola Badmus, Obafemi Matins And Wizkid Hang Out Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by BossBae1(f): 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
Interesting
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by cruzita(f): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
seriously celebrities should give more than spend on unnecessary things we are our brothers keeper aren't we?
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by 2odd(m): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
Guy u are on point , na many of them dey make all those small pikin go into crimes and they are not evening protecting their said wealth. I think dey forgot that by investing in order people they are protecting their wealth. the like of The richest guys are way smarter .Ask Dangote ,Dr dre ,Adenuga ,mark and others . Even compare ETOO with Messi . the highest car messi bought was 181k while etoo bought 1.4m even when messi is worth twice
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
Serious hating
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by cescky(m): 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
andresia:

typical mentality of a black man! Never concerned about giving to humanity. Take a cue from the Bill Gates & Max Zuckerbergs of the world.

mister man pls just shaataaap ....

you firstly take a cue from the people you quoted....abi there are no poor people in your own evirons?

what have you done for them?

what have you done for the poor and needy okada people in your family or neigbourhood? .......oo your money never reach right?

then youhave no right to tell another man how to spend his money

typical african mentality of dependence ....is the bane of our underdevelopment

ask bill gates how much hes living for his children

better free your self from this poverty and entitilement mentality
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by cescky(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
alienvirus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTob4qSUTys

Hello Celebrity,

Thanks to the Almighty for giving you your wealth and making you whatever you have become. You have wealth, you have made your money, you live anyhow you like, you travel all over the world, you live like kings and queens. Lo and Behold, You show off your belongings.

Know that more than 50% of your kinsmen live in abject poverty. There are people out there that die in hospitals because of NGN10,000. So many children are out of school with no direction in life because they have nothing. They live from hand to mouth. We know the history of many of you. How quickly have you forgotten?

Even if you have no religion that will tell you what ought to be done, you have emotions moral inklings.

I have made my own money but most times, I see poverty of the streets. Take a stroll on other places, apart from your Banana mansions, Lekki areas, someday and watch people's faces. You will definitely see poverty written all over them. Take a walk around Somolu, Ajegunle, Okomaiko, Ikorodu, Epe, Badagry and outside Lagos.

Of course, you made your cash based on your hardwork. But look back and remember where and how you were brought up. So many need crumbles from you. Try to help them and do not be so haughty by looking down on others or pretending like you are not aware.

Learn a good thing from David Beckham in the video above and do the needful.

https://www.nairaland.com/2782400/checkout-fabulous-life-obafemi-martins

https://www.nairaland.com/2672266/linda-ikeji-inside-new-house

oga pls how much have you in your little way helped the needy in your environs?.......africa is backward due to this dependence mantality.

ask bill gates how much hes living for his MOST LOVED ONES......or you think he loves the charity children more than his biological ones?
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by alienvirus: 6:07am On Dec 30, 2015
cescky:

oga pls how much have you in your little way helped the needy in your environs?

I don't need to tell you that. I would be in the same league with our highfalutin celebrities if I did that.

.......africa is backward due to this dependence mantality.

How many threads have you seen on Nairaland talking about creativity from other Nigerians in their little way. Their creativity would be adequately utilised if they were helped by government and the so much touted celebrities. Unfortunately, people with these skills are seen backward and reliant by people like you.

ask bill gates how much hes living for his MOST LOVED ONES......or you think he loves the charity children more than his biological ones?

You can tell me which of his family members is backward because Bill Gates never assisted him

Read my reply and see that your response to the OP reeks of sentimental BS.
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by alienvirus: 6:10am On Dec 30, 2015
yemoxyl:
I worked hard 4 my money,and now u wanna teach me how to spend it undecided
Yeah. You worked for your money. The money you made was grown in a farm. Right? If someone refused to put down the money, would you have it as gain?
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by Wolfbrother(m): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2015
you don't have to be a billionaire or millionaire to help people start with yourself and leave others to do as they like , you cannot force them even if u make a million YouTube videos , look inwards
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by niggadee(m): 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2015
Black mean self-centered the Black Promote Failure,Jealous Of Success, corruption and mismanagement. All the black nation worldwide is shithole. Bleep black race shit backward race im shame to be black
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
obinnashady:
Why u dey vex,is it ur money?

Stop talking like a kid.

You arent.
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by obinnashady(m): 8:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
Naughtysite:

Stop talking like a kid.
You arent.
No vex o
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
Speechless3:

Oga this is not a black man's mentality but a poverty mentality. I cant believe you are trying to correct wrong attitude of celebrities and yet exhibiting glaring inferiority complex.

David Beckam ko. What of Dangote, Wale adenuga et al? These are wealty black men who dont show off but give back whether directly or indirectly.

Most pink foreigners that do charity works also show off! yes it is show off too! A lot do it for formality sake and not because they really care.

Haven said that, most Nigerian celebrities need to get their heads down and adopt the right mentality.

.Did You Just call David Beckham a Black man?
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by NellyGhenghen(m): 8:38am On Jan 01, 2016
Giving is the right thing to do but its not obligatory. Its money from their labour you really can't tell them how to spend it.
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by ta4ba3(m): 9:27am On Jan 01, 2016
If u gat it den flaunt it
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by Peterdrumz(m): 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2016
Hmm what i know is that God bless every one for a reason and he or she should be able to bless anyone that is in need and not the other way round.
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by lanicky(f): 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lord make me wealthy so I can help those who're in need.

1 Like

Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 03, 2016
yemoxyl:
are you a millionaire?
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
how many people have you yourself given to?
how many people have you helped in this life?
don't tell me you don't have cos you can give to someone even from the little you have...

so because people are poor Linda should not buy a mansion out of her hard earned money??

this your write-up is NONSENSE!!.....
and who told you they do not give to charity? oh they should carry cnn when ever they want to give??

do you know how many lives Linda have touched and changed??

you must be high on something to include her name here!........

Research well before you write trash!......
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by daniblinx(m): 2:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
When every body puts in work, trust me, nobody will be on those streets. #Fact

More gist at:

http://daniblinx..com.ng/
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by alienvirus: 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
giftadene:
how many people have you yourself given to?

Many!

how many people have you helped in this life?

Many !

don't tell me you don't have cos you can give to someone even from the little you have...

so because people are poor Linda should not buy a mansion out of her hard earned money??

She should buy and keep her mouth shut.

this your write-up is NONSENSE!!.....

Yours too.

and who told you they do not give to charity? oh they should carry cnn when ever they want to give??

They can carry BBC as well.

do you know how many lives Linda have touched and changed??

You can tell me.

you must be high on something to include her name here!........

You too.

Research well before you write trash!......

You too

Balderdash!
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
just the way you wrote up there!!!..... ogbeni Linda is a GIVER!... deal with that!.. what about you?? are you??
alienvirus:

Balderdash!
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by londoner: 7:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
Op you have no idea whether these people you are judging actually help the poor or how much of their wealth they use to help others.

No need being jealous of those with enough to buy mansions and also help the poor. You quote the bible but say nothing about all those preachers making money directly from their followers and using the money to buy jets and other lavish things. Start with those hypocrites first.

1 Like

Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by SleekM: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
LSD Monthly Giveaway;
Life spot diaries will be giving out freebies... every month to consistent blog readers and commentors..you don't want to loose out on this amazing freebies....

To win:
1.Visit LSD Blog consistently..

2. Be The first to comment...10th to comment, 20th to comment....and last to comment....on all blog post...

3. It's that simple....

4. Lets go...

http://lifespotdiaries..com.ng/search?updated-max=2016-01-04T13:17:00%2B01:00&max-results=10&m=1
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by Juliuxxxxx: 10:11am On Jan 05, 2016
yemoxyl:
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by Trueyarn(m): 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
andresia:

typical mentality of a black man! Never concerned about giving to humanity. Take a cue from the Bill Gates & Max Zuckerbergs of the world.
Go look bush...na ya money?
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by temple(m): 8:53am On Jan 06, 2016
Like one of my friend would say, "don't tell me my money". Is it your money?
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by estellinas(f): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2016
The op has a point, but sometimes, these people say they show off to inspire others but the importance of giving shouldn't be underemphasized. And sometimes, what might be termed, "showing off" isn't at all.
Re: Message To The "Show Off" Wealthy Nigerians. Cc: Obafemi Martins, Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
Why u dey vex,is it ur money?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omoni Oboli Donates Blood For Christmas (Photo) / Baskemouth: I’m A Very Shy Person, I Only Do Comedy To Make People Laugh / Beyoncé Knowles Vs. Victoria Beckham - Who Is A Better Dresser?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.