Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? (1133 Views)

"She Is Mine Based On Logistics" Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Couple / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Couple In School Uniform / Wedding Photo Of A Couple Kissing As Boy Looks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by Mamywatobi(f): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
Hello Nairalanders.. A friend of mine asked this question '' can I marry a man with 30.000 naira as monthly salary in lagos and survive with that amount?'' Please ur honest advise is required thanks!
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by ClassCaptain(m): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
yes But the job must be one where he can steady climb the ladder and earn more as at when deserved..

if 15000 naira self is well managed and invested,One can cope

But they should look beyond the salary and think towards investment and other means of revenue

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by Mamywatobi(f): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
ClassCaptain:
yes But the job must be one where he can steady climb the ladder and earn more as at when deserved..
thanks
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by odutolasodiq(m): 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mamywatobi:
Hello Nairalanders.. A friend of mine asked this question '' can I marry a man with 30.000 naira as monthly salary in lagos and survive with that amount?'' Please ur honest advise is required thanks!
depending on the kind of life u want to live and prospect of the job in question! 30k should do if u wont hav monthly saving, live in a one room apartment (face me I slap u) in one of the local area in lagos, no plan to send children to private school. if u wish to live a life costlier than all mentioned above, I can bet it 30k is just too small!

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by Mamywatobi(f): 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2015
odutolasodiq:
depending on the kind of life u want to live and prospect of the job in question! 30k should do if u wont hav monthly saving, live in a one room apartment (face me I slap u) in one of the local area in lagos, no plan to send children to private school. if u wish to live a life costlier than all mentioned above, I can bet it 30k is just too small!
Thanks
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by Tee99(m): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mamywatobi:

What's her own contribution?

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by ronald4lif(m): 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
I'm no naysayer but I'm doubting that money can last every month. How much is an average one-room face me I slap you rent in Lagos? Transportation, feeding and other household bills will engorge that money before the month elapses. Even if it's practical they would have to survive in harsh conditions.
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by Mamywatobi(f): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tee99:

she is a youth coper
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by Mamywatobi(f): 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
ronald4lif:
I'm no naysayer but I'm doubting that money can last every month. How much is an average one-room face me I slap you rent in Lagos? Transportation, feeding and other household bills will engorge that money before the month elapses. Even if it's practical they would have to survive in harsh conditions.
Exactly what I told her but she says she'll cope cos she is a coper and will work also
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by ronald4lif(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mamywatobi:
Exactly what I told her but she says she'll cope cos she is a coper and will work also

Then that's fine. Her working will complement the to-be hubby income and go a long way to sustain the home.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by yomi007k(m): 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
Personally, if I'm earning 30k a month I won't even think of having a steady relationship becos these things cost money n frankly I aint got it: let alone adding a woman to join in d suffering unless she has her own money.

The lagos that I know, 30k?
Well different folks, different strokes.
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by Obodo999(m): 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mamywatobi:
she is a youth coper

If she is a youth corper, then she is NOT ready to Marry. She should go and get a job before thinking of living with a man.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by Michellla(f): 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2015
ClassCaptain:

if 15000 naira self is well managed and invested,One can cope

But they should look beyond the salary and think towards investment and other means of revenue
my thoughts exactly

1 Like

Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2015
Erm, why not? Abi u no get job ni?
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by spice123(m): 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tee99:

She has to try and get a job to support him but let me share a little experience for her. When I met my wife I was a corper back then 2012 in a one room apartment. I got a job of 30k and still did introduction in 2013 of my wife-to-be. By the time I wanted to get married, my income increased to 60k in 2014 and I also moved into a room self con. I got married and also my income increased to 80k and as I'm writing this I will be moving in a mini flat with my wife and son. MY DEAR, I'M JUST A TEACHER AND THERE IS BLESSING IN MARRIAGE. Just take a bold step. Note: She should at least have sumtin small to support him.
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by odutolasodiq(m): 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2016
Mamywatobi:
Thanks
u welcome
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by cruzita(f): 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
if her hubby is earning dat amount ,she should find something to do to support him and together they ate good to go
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by zealot4me(f): 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2016
I don't know how life is in Lagos but I doubt if 30k would sustain the dude let alone with a wife.
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by bettercreature(m): 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2016
Its possible! but its going to be a very horrible life

Tell the husband to look for a better job i:e teaching,he will earn more than 30k and its very easy to find a teaching job

Tell the wife to start selling something..even bread she will make more than 30k monthly

i dont know why people find it difficult to think
Re: How Much Does A couple Need A Month To Survive In Lagos? by Mamywatobi(f): 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
bettercreature:
Its possible! but its going to be a very horrible life

Tell the husband to look for a better job i:e teaching,he will earn more than 30k and its very easy to find a teaching job

Tell the wife to start selling something..even bread she will make more than 30k monthly

i dont know why people find it difficult to think
who is finding it difficult to think? Some peeps and criticism.

(1) (Reply)

See The Reply This Man Gave His 'babymama' Hilarious Screenshot / He's R@ping Me But My Mother Say I Should Not Talk...(read FULL STORY) / Can You Date Your Friend's Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.