Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,377 members, 7,836,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. (22451 Views)

Ipob Attack Yorubas In Aba / Dino Melaye!!! The Orchestrator Of His Predicament - Voice Of Okun / Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by HermajestyQ(f): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
Where is ur hometown?
skelewu404:
working in owerri what do u do
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by skelewu404(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
HermajestyQ:
Where is ur hometown?
ikoyi in ijumu lga
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by HermajestyQ(f): 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ok
skelewu404:
ikoyi in ijumu lga
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by skelewu404(m): 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
HermajestyQ:
Ok
what about u
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by HermajestyQ(f): 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
Kabba
skelewu404:
what about u
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by skelewu404(m): 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
HermajestyQ:
Kabba
my name is mayowa
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by Mixty: 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
Flyoruboy:

No. I am a proud Ijesha man/Yoruba/Oodua Nationalist -- also have Egba and Igbomina blood. All Yorubas are 'cut from the same clothe', so to speak, by the unshakable will of the Most High, be you Okun, Ijebu, Ijesha, Ekiti, Egba, Oyo, igbomina, Ondo, Akoko, etc. That is why we share natural borders, irrespective of the geopolitical zone we may find ourselves within present day Nigeria. In a Yoruba federation, the Okuns would most likely have their own state or province, just as the Ekitis presently do, and would be spared from the current marginalization they are presently facing in Kogi, wherein they are perpetually at the mercy of the larger ethnic groups. Whatever shred of 'identity crisis' afflicting them is entirely artificial and is a consequence of being lumped and grafted into an unworkable union that is the present day Kogi state, thereby starving them of much needed and deserved development. #FACT.
Ok...you convinced me. I agree. Okun people were forced into a union with strange bed fellows. Most Okun people and Kwara Yorubas see themselves as yorubas and detest being called northerners.

6 Likes

Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by HermajestyQ(f): 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
Mine is Queen
skelewu404:
my name is mayowa
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by skelewu404(m): 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
HermajestyQ:
Mine is Queen
where do u go to school? We can exchange numbers if you want. 08030882440
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
lowgeorge:
We need a working Yoruba group that can raise and dust up our ethnicity and bust us out of doldrums because it's still my belief that the generality of our race mired in oblivion of identity is only waiting to explode to commercial and high powered success windfall.. All we need is to form a genuine association and celebrate meritorious okun men and women in all walks of life... Let's give it up by organising events and shows to celebrate the okun race thereby giving the whole tribe a beautiful face lift... In a saner economy with sound and refined individuals.... Tourism would have been a boost to these okun tribe based on the diversity of their proximity and the syncretism of there origins.... 1 love my people..... Proud Ijesaboi
I quite agreed!
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by HermajestyQ(f): 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2015
Will add u up on WhatsApp
skelewu404:
where do u go to school? We can exchange numbers if you want. 08030882440
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by boluwatife66(m): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
POWER WILL STILL SHIFT AFTER FALEKE MUST HAVE RETRIEVED THE MANDATE. -OLUMOROTI and pronouncement will be made based on available evidences.”On the total votes casted for APC Candidate on November 21 during the Kogi state governorship election, Engr. Olumoroti Olushola (OGO) who was also a contestant during the APC primaries make a statement on
#KogiDecides political platform.
According to OGO, “240000+ kogi people did not vote for Yahaya Bello on November 21; they voted for Audu/Faleke that is undisputable. Sooner than later, the mandate will be reclaimed that is the truth though bitter. Power will still shift after Faleke must have retrieved the mandate. Until the courts made their final pronouncement, no one on this platform is competent to say what the final result would be, Audu/Faleke remains valid and we strongly believe it would be retrieved through legal means.”
He also said
“Our prayers before the court was that the election was already won and lost as November 21; so INEC erred declaring it inconclusive. If it can be proven that the election was already won on November 21, Yahaya Bello was not APC candidate then, how then could he have become elected? INEC erred in Rivers and Taraba, the courts are making pronouncement based on available evidences. In similar vein kogi case will be reviewed by the courts and pronouncement will be made based on available evidences.”
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by superduperjay: 11:07am On Dec 31, 2015
Yeah indeed.
babyfaceafrica:
most of this dialects aint hard to understand except maybe ondo town/owo.....that one is like chinese,if one listens well and his enthusiast about it,its easy like cheese
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by OFFICIAL336: 11:42am On Dec 31, 2015
willow0801:

Nah it is true, yorubas are dirty, every african knows this. A yoruba woman uses menstrual pad for 2 days. Chai!
Stop being childish, what is your problem self. Everything must be reduced to a tribal war.

1 Like

Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 31, 2015
OFFICIAL336:

Stop being childish, what is your problem self. Everything must be reduced to a tribal war.

i have a bad mouth, yes i know but im far from being tribalistic, Yorubas on nairaland love bashing the igbos for no reason and dont expect me to keep shut because silences makes a lie look like the truth!
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by OFFICIAL336: 11:56am On Dec 31, 2015
willow0801:

i have a bad mouth, yes i know but im far from being tribalistic, Yorubas on nairaland love bashing the igbos for no reason and dont expect me to keep shut because silences makes a lie look like the truth!
That should be their business, who doesn't knw the Yorubas are propagandists. I av been in Igboland for long and I understand them better than the Yorubas who are only playing a game of hatred and divisiveness. Igbos are not what those yorubas think. So don't insult the Yorubas becos there millions of good ones among them.

1 Like

Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by boluwatife66(m): 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
OFFICIAL336:

That should be their business, who doesn't knw the Yorubas are propagandists. I av been in Igboland for long and I understand them better than the Yorubas who are only playing a game of hatred and divisiveness. Igbos are not what those yorubas think. So don't insult the Yorubas becos there millions of good ones among them.
and you think the best way to vent you anger and hatred for the yorubas is to derail my thread with your hate? the Okun nation have many things to worry about, than to create more enemies for herself like the igbos do. As a minority anywhere we find ourself, the first thing is to show them love

5 Likes

Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by OFFICIAL336: 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
boluwatife66:

and you think the best way to vent you anger and hatred for the yorubas is to derail my thread with your hate? the Okun nation have many things to worry about, than to create more enemies for herself like the igbos do. As a minority anywhere we find ourself, the first thing is to show them love
U are not ashame of calling yourself minority.
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 16, 2016
Mixty:

Ok...you convinced me. I agree. Okun people were forced into a union with strange bed fellows. Most Okun people and Kwara Yorubas see themselves as yorubas and detest being called northerners.

That is exactly what most people have failed to understand.
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 16, 2016
I find this educative, and am wondering aloud; what's the difference or similarity between the Okuns and the Kabbas ?
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by Mixty: 8:52am On Jan 16, 2016
DeeManD:
I find this educative, and am wondering aloud; what's the difference or similarity between the Okuns and the Kabbas ?
Kabba people are a part of Okun people. Okun is the general name for all the yoruba speaking people in Kogi state, which includes Kabba, Mopa, Bunu, Isanlu, Egbe, etc. However, many people mistakenly refer to all Okun people as Kabba, maybe because Kabba is the biggest and most popular town in Okun.

1 Like

Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 16, 2016
Thank you so much, Mixty.
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by phemmyutd(m): 9:06am On Jan 16, 2016
I love this OKUN people for their Hospitality. I did my NYSC in Isanlu Yagba East Local government, I really enjoyed their Hospitality.

But these people are really suffering from government, very poor road network and for Isanlu no light. Bush meat is the most enjoyed thing there.

All thanks to the Aritibas my landlord then. Folu Group of Schools was my PPA

1 Like

Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 16, 2016
DeeManD:

Kabba is one of the towns where Okun speaking people resides.
Okun is a Yoruba dialect that is generally spoken in some states namely; ekiti(omua ekiti), ondo(ajowa and some part of akoko) and some villages in Kwara state(okoloke etc) but, majority of Okun nation are in the western part of Kogi state of which Kabba is part of... Just like lokoja, Iyara,Ayetoro,mopa,Isanlu,Egbe,Obajana, Odo-ere etc.

2 Likes

Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by boluwatife66(m): 9:44am On Jan 16, 2016
OFFICIAL336:

U are not ashame of calling yourself minority.
Since when has being a minority a shameful thing? na wa for u o, Tell me if u had any control over where u are from. did you tell God to creat you and place u where u are? we are the minority in kogi whr we find ourself and its not a shameful thing... what is shameful are vices like, Boko haram, kidnapping, baby factory and thank God u cant find such in okun land

3 Likes

Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by boluwatife66(m): 9:48am On Jan 16, 2016
phemmyutd:
I love this OKUN people for their Hospitality. I did my NYSC in Isanlu Yagba East Local government, I really enjoyed their Hospitality.

But these people are really suffering from government, very poor road network and for Isanlu no light. Bush meat is the most enjoyed thing there.

All thanks to the Aritibas my landlord then. Folu Group of Schools was my PPA
wow, folu . the sch belongs to Rev Sam babaniyi and his wife...the founder of soul reconciler ministries. lovely
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by OFFICIAL336: 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
boluwatife66:

Since when has being a minority a shameful thing? na wa for u o, Tell me if u had any control over where u are from. did you tell God to creat you and place u where u are? we are the minority in kogi whr we find ourself and its not a shameful thing... what is shameful are vices like, Boko haram, kidnapping, baby factory and thank God u cant find such in okun land
I don't bliv any ethnic group is a minority. It is a mere creation for subjugation. Am sowie OKUN is not minority, they are mch the same like the so called Hausas, Igbos and Yorubas. The Nigerian federalism was systematically skewed to favour (a) section(s) of the Country. If you are a minority, am not.
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by phemmyutd(m): 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
boluwatife66:

wow, folu . the sch belongs to Rev Sam babaniyi and his wife...the founder of soul reconciler ministries. lovely

Yes you are right. kindly pm me
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by tomber(m): 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by Emmyk(m): 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2016
tomber:
Listen to some of the Okun languages from the sites
Oworo(Aworo) http://globalrecordings.net/en/program/A37859

Yagba http://globalrecordings.net/en/language/1774

Abunu http://globalrecordings.net/en/language/1773
Nice one. See the way I was smiling, listening to my language; Yagba. grin grin
Re: A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. by hundredhundred: 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2016
God bless the OKUN people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Restructuring: Obasanjo Should Keep Quiet - Edwin Clarke / Herdsmen Attacks: Aisha Yesufu Blasts Buhari Over Benue Mass Burial / My Administration Has Performed Very Well – Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.