Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? (27124 Views)

Poll: Italy Or France?

Italy: 31% (5 votes)
France: 68% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / TB Joshua: Eagles Will Win On Sunday / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by asanga(m): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2005
Who wins the world cup in Germany?

I believe Brazil will win it again. Who do you suggest?
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Owen(m): 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2005
O boy! Brazil are most definitely winning it. It'll take the grace of God for anyone else to win cause Brazil are bad and to make things worse, their current squad has the best players in the world! From Ronaldo in attack to Robinho to the worlds best player Ronaldinho to the worlds current best free kick expert Juninho to Gilberto to Kaka to Roberto Carlos to Lucio to Dida and so on. Christ!!! I wander if they intent to use those players to fight war! I mean...they have too many players for one team. Its like an allstar team. undecided
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by medube(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2005
It will be really interesting if Togo win it smiley
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by pie1ect(m): 5:31am On Nov 14, 2005
Owen, I agree with you.
Funny how most people here think England will win the cup, moreso as they've just beaten an under-strength Arentina. I just hope England get out in the second round so I stop hearing all this bullsh*t  spouted by their fans.
Brazil is an all-star team, just that. Compares favourably for me with their 1970 team. Based on the strength of the competing teams, Brazil will be Champions, bar none. And they seem to know exactly when to raise their game.
But one intersting fact someone mentioned a few weeks ago was that no winner of the Confed cup had gone on to win the W/Cup the next year. Dont think it will hold much water next year though.

All said, the World cup will be the most interesting in recent years,for me, if Brazil were knocked out in, say the 2nd round(along with England). As No Brazil == No clear favourites.

Sorry guys, thing is, I just hate the way the English hype every English thing in sight. Like Lampard and Rooney.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Owen(m): 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2005
Thank you pie 1ect. I really am also tired of those English fans. They make too much noise.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by goodguy(m): 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2005
It's either England or Brazil.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2005
Brazil has all it takes.
But, I will tell you guyz who'll get it in my next post
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Owen(m): 1:21pm On Dec 05, 2005
Please Hurry, we cant wait to know!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by vichel(m): 6:03pm On Dec 05, 2005
There is no chance in hell for england winning the world cup. They would be destroyed by the smallest team in the tornament
they give themselves so much hype, but they lack in cohensive play. Don't get me wrong, they have exceptional players but the hype is oh... my God!!! can this people stop. They give their players way too much credit. Obafemi martins is way better than wayne rooney, they know it, but they are afraid to say. This is the tornament for Brazil to loose They have the best midfield and attack in the world, but they are not focusing on their defence, just like the way Real madrid are doing now.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bagoma(f): 10:50pm On Dec 07, 2005
i'd hate for brazil to win it again. na only dem dey?
i'd really love england to go far but have strong doubts about this.
i know they have good players but what their problem is i cant seem to fathom.
tell me guys is it a problem of the coach or what? they are high on players rating but very low on performance/results.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by goodguy(m): 10:54pm On Dec 07, 2005
This is interesting..a lady discussing football. grin
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bagoma(f): 12:06am On Dec 08, 2005
yes goodguy, is it so strange?
i love the game just like you... perhaps even more wink
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by pie1ect(m): 12:59am On Dec 08, 2005
@Bagoma

It's not the coach. The guy na good coach, the best they've had in years. England have not won any football trophy(at any level) since 66' ( if I'm not mistaken). It's simply the  quality of players they've got that's the problem. The media hypes them up to high heavens but they are nothing special. One or two world-class players and they are automatically equal to Brazil. Always seems funny to me when they talk about winning the world cup............I mean,c'mon.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bagoma(f): 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2005
so pie1ect, you're saying that the players are not too fantastic but its their press that makes us think they are.
well i dont know if its 100% that. the fact that they've not won anything since 1966 is not entirely due to not being good enough.
to me they presented a good squad in france 1998. they could've have gone far if not for argentina. they were unlucky to have met them at all and at that stage (2nd round) and again they were unlucky that night.
me thinks winning the world cup is not only about good football but also about [b]LUCK.[/b]that's how brazil got it in 1994 against italy.
the english team lacks cohession. good individual players but poor teamwork. that's why i'm inclined to think its the coach but then again they tried changing coaches in the past yet same result.
i conclude they are jinxed!!! grin
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Owen(m): 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2005
England are a very good team. But they just dont have the discipline to handle the world cup.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by nicetohave(m): 5:02am On Dec 10, 2005
While you all are discussing who will win the next world cup i am still at a loss why Nigeria didnt qualify...we were in the least competitive group and yet conceded it to Angola, what in heaven is going on in our land? anyway sha, i dey trinidad and at least will hae something to cheer even if it is for only the three group matches...and talking about winning, Brazil..eh? i hold my peace until the mundial ends...remember, the fastest horse often dont win the race, you seem not to be looking to well at the groups, there are some great teams lurking and waiting...waiting!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by pie1ect(m): 5:10am On Dec 10, 2005
Yeah exactly what I'm saying Bagoma.
If you want to win the bug tournaments, you've got to beat the very best, it's as simple as that. If to say Argentina nor comot England that day, Holland would have knocked them out or definitely Brazil would have shoved them aside. They've just not got the quality. I don't know if you read English tabloids, but if you've ever done( especially THE SUN), you'll know what I'm talking about when I say hype is the bane of the English national football team.
My formulae:
Good players + organisation + team work + good teamspirit + luck = success.
England nor get top-class players apart from maybe two or three, but English media can never gree. Just watch Rooney( the so-called "next maradona"wink and John Terry(the "best defender in the world"wink  flounder at the world cup.

@Nice
Nigeria no follow because we failed to plan.
As the saying goes,  person wey fail to plan don plan to fail
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bagoma(f): 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2005
pie1ect, well i agree with you on Rooney. i no see wetin him de play but england and man U fans no go let us hear word. same goes for terry. (again, maybe i'm biased because i no like chelsea) wink
but i still maintain that luck is a major player when it comes to wining the world cup.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by pie1ect(m): 9:17pm On Dec 11, 2005
I don't know about major but I know luck does play some part.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bagoma(f): 9:29pm On Dec 11, 2005
ok, so we agree to agree! smiley
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Venesoccer: 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2005
you guys don't know nothing. Argentina has the best team this year. The only team that might be able to beat them is brazil. Argentina is winning the world cup!!!!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by nicetohave(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2005
na yam?!!!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2005
Argentina ko, Fiorentina ni. The best team so far that can get his trophy is Brazil. We have Holland remember, Czech Republic even though they were close to being dropped, France, Germany itself, Italy, and Sweden. So what do we have here. Forget about Argentina.........
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by nicetohave(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2005
thank you jare...who dey even strike for them, crespo? grin
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2005
Crespo, Riquelme, Figueroa, and the rest of them. They could not even manage a draw with England let alone winning them in Argentina. England defeated Argentina by three goals to two in Argentina's homeland. Then tell me how a wingless pigeon can fly without wings. Gone are the days when Batistuta, Ortega and Claudio Lopez used to be the power house strikers for Argentina. As a matter of fact, Argentina stands no chance......
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by nicetohave(m): 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2005
i feel you broda smiley
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by sage(m): 12:39am On Dec 18, 2005
i feel u two really dont know what u r talking about. Dont be suprised to see them in the finals
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by nicetohave(m): 1:49am On Dec 18, 2005
I'll never predict football again if they got to the semis
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:08am On Dec 18, 2005
I believe that it will be a repeat of 2002 years ago
Since Germany has home advantage which does really matter (look at Japan making it to next round in 2002)

But in the end Brazil will be the victors of the tournement...if only we africans new how to properly train our athletes...
Do u ever wonder why the fastest man in the worlds black....

Black people have more tertiary musles then any other race (proven facT), thus they are qucicker faster, then any race
if only we could train our athletes better, ah well abi no be life? or no be Naija?
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by pie1ect(m): 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2005
@ spikelord
The match was not played in Argentina. It was in Switzerland and FFS, Argentina completely outplayed England for long spells in that game despite missing some quality players like Aimar.
I agree Argentina has a top-class team, but they also had a top-class team in the last world-cup. I don't need to remind you guys where they ended up.
The one person I think will be THE major influence if Argentina do anything of worth in Germany, is Lionel Messi. We know the others-->> Crespo, Riquelme, Sorin, Aimar, Samuel,Tevez.blah.but Messi looks the kind'a guy who can take a team by the scruff of the neck and force them to win something, even against their will.
Ok, that's a lil' bit of hype, but I genuinely think the boy is that good. Barcelona are considered the most-feared team in Europe presently because they've got Ronaldinho, Eto'o and MESSI, who happens to bench such players as Giuly, Lopez, and Henrikk Larsson on a constant basis. Trust me, that guy is someone to watch, and I'm not betting against him leading Argentina to the final at all.
That said, Brazil are still my top-pick for the trophy.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Taf1(m): 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2005
Brazil... wink

[size=20pt]Who dare stop them[/size]
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by johnny122: 12:06am On Jan 03, 2006
England is overhyped, but not completely.

Players who are overhyped:Beckham (marrying a spice girl made him famous, not just his football skill)
                                            Owen(he was good with liverpool, in his youth, but just not a well rounded striker.
                                            Rio Ferdinand(he can be good but so inconsistent)

Players who are the real deal:

John Terry, Joe cole, Frank Lampard (Chelsea's record speaks for itself)
Rooney(okay so he is a bit overhyped but he is remarkably talented, and is a complete forward who can do so much more than just score goals. While his pure skill level doesnt necessarily match up to say, a henry or a shevchenko he makes up for that in intensity and fearlessness, even in big games. If he had not gotten injured, england would have won euro 2004.
Sole Campbell:This is about as solid a defender as you will find on any world cup squad.

The main problem with england lies in the overhype leading to bad chemistry. Gerrard and Lampard are both fine players, and england will want to see them both, regardless of how well they actually play with each other. Beckham is so popular that the manager will be reluctant to take him out, even in bad form. and lets not mention his penalties. Also because Rio ferdinand is more talented and popular he will probably be played more than a more solid option such as jamie carragher.

Also when your captain and supposed best player (beckham) has an ego problem it is hard for the other players to rally around him and work as a team.

And of course England's most gaping flaw is their complete lack of any suitable goalkeeper. Paul robinson is decent but nothing special and david james, while he can be spectacular has a habit of making huge mistakes that lead to letting in devastating goals at critical times.

Based solely on player abilities i would rank england a not too distant second behind brazil. But it remains to be seen what kind of teamwork, form and luck they will have. However if they get those things, it is not impossible that they win the cup, though Brazil are in fact the favorites.

Dont count germany and argentina out of having a shot at it either.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Garba Lawal Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today / Vera Ribeiro: "Allow Portugal Players Masturbate" - Rui Patricio's Wife To Coach / Paul Le Guen Rejects Super Eagles Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.