Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,803 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? (27081 Views)

Poll: Italy Or France?

Italy: 31% (5 votes)
France: 68% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / TB Joshua: Eagles Will Win On Sunday / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cucchi(f): 8:50am On Jun 14, 2006
Reverend

A wins a win. What about england on saturday they were dire i was embarrassed for them considering all the hype they been talking
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bolaoni(m): 10:47am On Jun 14, 2006
The reality of this WC after all the matches played is that no team is in germany to admire anybody and willingly submit themselves for routing by the so called BIG names.

Croatia put up a fight but at the end of the day they lost by a lone goal. Whether the hype on Brazil was justified or not, they have the 3 points.

None of the faves have had it so easy in all their matches. Argentina didn't find it easy against CIV, Italy found Ghana a tough nut to crack until Kuffor gifted them that goal neither did Holland nor Portugal. Look at France against Switzerland, England will still be happy they got that "lucky" goal against Paraguay.

The summary of this WC will that the the champion will be one with character. Whoever wins, will have to sweat it out against all oppositions. There will be no easy victory this time around.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by jayvinnie(m): 10:51am On Jun 14, 2006
Who wins the world cup in Germany?

I believe Brazil will win it again. Who do you suggest?
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by slimnike(m): 12:51pm On Jun 14, 2006
Brazil win this world cup?lie lie.Look at what Crotia did to them,If You ask Me I will say Crotia won the match because they [Crotia] out played Brazil.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by slimnike(m): 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2006
I believe Cech will win the Cup.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by otolorin(m): 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2006
slimnike:

Brazil win this world cup?lie lie.Look at what Crotia did to them,If You ask Me I will say Crotia won the match because they [Crotia] out played Brazil.

correct!

i cant giv the tournament to any1 tho., its anybody's.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by otokx(m): 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2006
winning is about goals whether 1 or 2, brazil still remains favorites despite their poor start.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by seeker(m): 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2006
Exactly, you write brazil off at your peril (In fact I don't think any team in this world cup will be naive enough to write them off)
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cjloejade(f): 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2006
[b]Hahaha Brazil? Who are Brazil?
Brazil have had it, trust me, Brazil will do well but they wont win. Thats a fact and a promise.
England have the strongest team they have had in many many years and i would addvice you to keep an eye out, there strong and there out there!
I believe the English have what it takes. I mean look at the fans?
Do you not agree that the english have the best support network by far?
Rooney, Cole, Owen and beckham.
England made football and this year they are on the ball and want thier cup back.
Footballs coming home, its coming home its coming, footballs coming home!
Three lions on a shirt
Jules Rimet still gleaming
No more years of hurt
No more need for dreaming
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2006
@ cjoejade

Shame on the English, still talking about an ancient cup they won when most of the fathers of the present generation of players where in elementary school.
Rooney - A rookie with a broken foot?
Owen - Living on past glory and definitely past his prime
Cole - Also coming back from a long injury forced absence
Beckham - of course the golden boy who'd rather be in a fashion show than on the soccer pitch.

Are these the people England is relying on to win this world cup? Against the likes of 'dinho, Kaka, riquelme, saviola and co?
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cjloejade(f): 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2006
all i have to say is, does NY stand for New york?
If so who are you to comment? when was it that u last won the cup because for seem reason, i just cant remeber.
Just out of curiosity, who are you thinking will win the cup?
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by otolorin(m): 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2006
cjloejade:

England made football and this year they are on the ball and want their cup back.
Footballs coming home, its coming home its coming, footballs coming home!

football, according to history, originats from the ancient chinese.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by seeker(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2006
England probably has "the strongest team" in years, but question is, are they strong enough to win it. NO! Don't believe the hype. I can see that hope springs eternal for you young one. Goodluck!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cjloejade(f): 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2006
Thanks seeker for the goodluck and all.
All iv to say is, im actually not the biggest football fan ever im just it it for the drinking and the pride.
I hope we do have a chance of winning.
Who does any one thing are the strongest top 5 teams in the 2006 world cup?
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2006
cjloejade:

all i have to say is, does NY stand for New york?
If so who are you to comment? when was it that u last won the cup because for seem reason, i just can't remeber.
Just out of curiosity, who are you thinking will win the cup?
Yeah NY does stand for NewYork, i'm nigerian but unfortunately we are not in the world cup. I am not wasting precious time betting on the US team even winning a single match!
England has the best team on paper, but unfortunately paper does not win games, it is what we see on the pitch when it's just 22 men chasing a leather ball that we can assess chances. From the last round of matches, Brazil, Italy, Argentina are strong favorites to win the cup, England have a poor forward line that is over reliant on wayne rooney, contrast that with the Argies with Saviola and others. England does not have a Makalele neither do they have a player in the mould of ronaldinho, kaka, riquelme. It is this kind of players that win matches not names and premiership performances.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by seeker(m): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2006
I think it's Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Spain. England and Germany are at par for me. If the Czech can keep up the perfomance form the 1st match, then I have to throw them into the mix.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cjloejade(f): 3:11pm On Jun 14, 2006
intresting. May i ask were you are from yopurself?
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2006
cjloejade:

intresting. May i ask were you are from yopurself?
i just said Nigeria
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cjloejade(f): 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2006
im not on about you. im on about seeker if you dont mind!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2006
cjloejade:

im not on about you. im on about seeker if you don't mind!
oops sorry, pls either quote or indicate next time to avoid confusion.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by seeker(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2006
I'm from Nigeria as well.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2006
is anyone watchin spain vs ukraine  shocked  shocked  shocked

i think spain wil go far this time around wink
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 14, 2006
because they've scored 4 goals?
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2006
nah because theyare very good goin forward, keeping the ball and falling back, overall they've made schev n co look ordinary!

and the goal were well worked
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2006
Shev and who? Besides Shev, Ukraine is an ordinary team.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2006
ukraine arent ordinary to me! they have very good players not popular but very good in their own right i was expectin ukraine to get physical n slug it out but boy they just didn show up
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bolaoni(m): 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2006
There is no Ukraine without Shevchenko!
I just hope Tunisia qualifies from this group. All they need do is shut out Shevy in their match and they will surely win.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by chosenbabe(f): 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2006
Wow tunisia and saudi arabia, 1-1

still watchin it
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by ToyM28(f): 1:17am On Jun 15, 2006
i think agentina or brazil are sure 2 win.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cweb484: 4:11am On Jun 15, 2006
[color=Black]another win for the Germans grin i think germany has more all out talent than England does not by far though
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by sekratu411(f): 4:15am On Jun 15, 2006
Togo  will win  the   world  cup  forsee by my  daddy
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by chosenbabe(f): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2006
I think brazil is gonna win

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Frantisek Rajtoral Commits Suicide / Cristiano Ronaldo, Others Make 2018 Ballon D'or Top 30 Nominees [Full List] / Arsenal May Sell Up To Six Players To Fund Pepe's Remaining Transfer Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.