Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? (27083 Views)

Poll: Italy Or France?

Italy: 31% (5 votes)
France: 68% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / TB Joshua: Eagles Will Win On Sunday / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Skintite(f): 4:39pm On May 17, 2006
Yeah brazil's got a delicious team sheet
but i really dont want them to win

Just bad belle tongue
England or france
Spain or Argentina

my 4 choices
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by ronaldinio: 11:49am On May 19, 2006
brazil shall win ;Dand everyone knows it they have the best players and england are just crap and barcelonian ronaldinio will be a great help to brazil
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by ronaldinio: 11:53am On May 19, 2006
brazil will win grin grin grin grin grin gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin ronaldinio

Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Priscila(f): 5:26pm On May 19, 2006
Ronaldinio!
Pls dont be blasphemous!
There is only one Ronaldinho and thats Gaucho the Great.
Dont impersonate my man cos I will charge you under section 22 of my act.

You hear ! biko.

Look for another name pal.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Badman888(m): 9:06pm On May 24, 2006
Holland germany for the finals
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 12:31am On May 25, 2006
Don't even mention Holland. Italy has a better chance of lifting the trophy than Holland.

Spain nko?

Argentina, even if I don't trust that team!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by hucarson(m): 10:47am On May 25, 2006
@ Spikelord,

Holland has the best chance in Europe if they can maintain the spirit that got 'em the World Cup ticket.
They possess a decent squad that can just nip the world cup. Robben and Ruud will do some damages and all y'all better watch out for 'em.
Van Basten has been great and i have a feeling he will push Holland to the last four.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2006
Italy has a better chance of winning the trophy than Holland.

Are u backing Holland cuz the same letter starts Hucarson and Holland?
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Badman888(m): 1:50pm On May 25, 2006
Holland have the talent but they are always unlucky, the guyz that are making too much noise is ENGLAND, and where would they go 2nd round
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by hucarson(m): 2:02pm On May 25, 2006
@ Spikelord,
grin grin grin grin grin
I didnt quite notice the H-factor.

The orange boys(Holland) has so much talent they should be winning the World Cup every year but they are very luckless.
They stand a better chance winning the team than Italy.

The current Italian squad looked so ordinary without Vieri, Paolo Maldini and Cassano.
Where will the goals come from? Grandpa Del Piero or Luca Toni?
It will take a Biblical kind of miracle for Italy to win it but u never can tell.

@ Badman888,
England is making so much noise now cos they believe this is the best team they have been able to assemble since 1966.
Rooney + Lampard +Owen +Gerrard + Terry looks a bit menacing.
God bless the Queen.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:03am On May 26, 2006
Im going for T&T grin grin grin grin grin
but no honestly B razil should win
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 8:52am On May 26, 2006
Vieri self na grandpa on his own let alone Del Piero.

But I see Camoranesi scoring from the right flank.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2006
Vieri self na grandpa on his own let alone Del Piero.

But I see Camoranesi scoring from the right flank.

lol.

Let me support Spain cuz S starts the word Spain and Spikelord as well!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Bolernlay(m): 4:34pm On May 27, 2006
men i think its between three teams:-
brazil
england
holland

brazil, because they have the best set of players in the world right now and it would be a sort of intimidation for opponents.

england also have their own stars most of which play in their own local league that is the english premiership which consists of teams that all play almost thesame style of football and it will be easy for them to understand each other and build a good team work.

holland is a team i admire so much and i"m also tipping them for the final provided they don't meet england or brazil.

france,portugal and spain-the greatest underachievers in world football, also have equal outside chances for the final
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by 4Play(m): 3:50pm On May 28, 2006
I think Italy will win it though the specter of scandals plaguing the country might prove a distraction.But my money is on them.They have the most complete team in the World Cup.
Even Brasil has weaknesses in certain areas like defence but Italy is strong in all depts.What better central defensive partnership than Nesta and Cannavaro.In midfield they ahve quality in Totti,Pirlo and Gattuso.In attack they have Luca Toni who has a beter goal ratio than any of the strikers Brasil will be putting out
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Brazil0wnZ: 2:26am On May 29, 2006
Im kinda new here, but let me break it down for you guys.

1) England is BullShit, They will not get anywhere. Besides, Rooney is injured which will not only hurt their morale, but lessens their shot at the cup.

2)Holland WTF They're not getting anywhere. Matter of fact, I believe they'll get eliminated right from the group stage.

3) Brazil!! Now ure talking!!. Ronaldinho the Great will definitely provide dazzling gameplay, dribbling and world class finishes. Definitely will Up their Morale. Don't forget Ronaldo, the Unstoppable. His moves, in conjuction with Ronaldinho the Great will provide almost an unstoppable pair of strikers, able to slice through even the most impenetrable defense and shatter it. They will definitely put up a show in the world Cup.
Kaka, Robinho, Will be their backup, which will assure them victory.

Ahh, Dont forget Dida, the Unsurpassed. Dida will give whatever opponent a hard time scoring. Backed up by a nice (but not impenetrable) defense, It will definitely be something to see.

With that being said, reveals the flaw of this wonderful team, the defense. Even though, Carlos, and the rest will definitely be good, there might be some rough times, with bad luck where the defense will be broken through, and if Dida doesn't perform, well, you know the rest.

Even with this being said, what they lack in solid defense, they make up in brilliant/amazing forward/midfield. I believe the defense will be a little bit (a little) of an obstacle, but if they can get the gameplay going, get a good team chemistry and dominate the game, there will be absolutely no problems for them.

And as for who will win the cup, well u can definitely guess now, thats right! Brazil will snatch it again. They're simply the best, there's no getting around that.

Long Live Ronaldinho the Great!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by pie1ect(m): 2:34am On May 29, 2006
Brazil are obviously the overwhelming favourites to win it, but I'm not over-looking the dangerous threat posed by both Germany and Argentina.

Top three favourites to win the World cup, for me:

1. Brazil
2. Argentina
3. Germany.

England were not going to win the cup before, even with a fully-fit Rooney.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by twinstaiye(m): 11:01am On May 29, 2006
Brazil of course. Argentina, germany and french teams could spring surprises.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by twinstaiye(m): 11:02am On May 29, 2006
Brazil of course. Argentina, germany and french teams could spring surprises.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Badman888(m): 2:03pm On May 29, 2006
July 9th 2006
we shall see the outcome, but Brazil havnt had good preparations, i think they a too confident
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:08pm On May 29, 2006
obviously its going to be Triniadad Vs. Togo in de finals. The T nations are going to do some major damage cheesy cheesy cheesy

No but honestly brazil should win, but Germany will make things interesting since they are at home,
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by 4Play(m): 7:18pm On May 29, 2006
Its not fair that England has to play Trinidad and Tobago at the same time .How can u play 2 teams at once.
My tips for the final are Trinidad and Tobago
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 7:45am On May 30, 2006
U are cracking me up 4play!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by deen(m): 8:55pm On May 30, 2006
When everybody feels is Brazil that will left the trophy. It always turn out to be a big disappointment for them. They won the 1970 world cup with the best team because they were the fevorite for the third consetive time. Well Brazil are the team to watch but the team to win the cup.

Argentina, Germany and Italy are among the teams likely to win the world cup. though Mexico wil give a good run for the morney.

I believe this time is the time of Argentina to win the world cup.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by brazillose: 6:20am On May 31, 2006
Brazil is probably the best team out there according to talent, but the same thing happens over and over in sports. One team has it all but first of all they are cocky and they dont work as a team. Look at Real Madrid as an example if Real Madrid really did work as a team then they would kill every other team, but they don't. Example= They almost lost to a US league team. Example number 2 if any of u follow anything about basketball about a year ago the LA Lakers had all the best players but they lost all because of the same reason.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by lordimpaq(m): 7:44am On May 31, 2006
from the stats,

portugal has a bigger chance, then holland
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 1:30pm On May 31, 2006
I guess it'll be TRINIDAD vs TOBAGO in the final! grin grin grin grin grin

Frankly, Brazil owns the cup!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by hucarson(m): 2:12pm On Jun 01, 2006
@ Lordimpaq,
Portugal has a better chance than Holland?
Where did u get ur stats from?
Holland qualified easily for the world cup without losing a matchin 12 matches.
They won 10 and drew 2. Can u beat that?

An European team is always favoured to win whenever the world cup is played on an European soil but Brazil might nick it again.
Teams to watch out for in Europe are Italy, Holland,Ukraine and Czech Republic.
Brazil and Argentina are also hot favourites.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by amodu(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2006
Brazil and England have a better chance to lift the trophy

but if they dont it will be holland or germany.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2006
What d'u all think? The best team will lift the trophy and that is the fact!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Badman888(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2006
yea, we mite probably get a surpirse winner this time around
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by spikelord(m): 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2006
Yes, a surprise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Frantisek Rajtoral Commits Suicide / Cristiano Ronaldo, Others Make 2018 Ballon D'or Top 30 Nominees [Full List] / Arsenal May Sell Up To Six Players To Fund Pepe's Remaining Transfer Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.