Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years (28714 Views)

How NNPC Act, BPP Contract Clause Frustrated Kachikwu’s Bid To Micro-manage Baru / 2002 Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Blast: 15 Years After (Throwback Photos) / Nigerian Soldiers Undergoing Training In Belarus (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by abagnalie: 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
Rubbish.....Is our own satellite Working?

I pity them belarus ,na only empty shells dem go see,my people will sell the engine and leave Carcass
enemy of progress. TEAM NIGCOMSAT CARRY GO WE ARE SOLIDLY BEHIND YOU
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by remirez07(m): 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by DaudaAbu(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
Gudnews
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Skmoda360(m): 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
DeejayTafari:
is Belarus a state in Africa?
ask google now MF.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by ben1daEbiri(m): 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
TheDevilIsALai:
It's a geostationary satellite and needs a low latitude ground based centre.

They picked Nigeria because the PDP formed and pumped money into NASDA.

The ground station will be remotely managed from Belarus and NASDA will just house the ground station receivers and fuel the backup generators.

I hope they can manage that .

But what does Belarus need a geo satellite for?

There's more to this....
Since geostationary satellites are mostly for digital TV broadcast,it should be for just that,but then again,if it's for low latitude's sake;and it's ground base is Nigeria,it's EIRP might slightly be low (in Belarus) since it's latitude is low (but it's orbital position can makeup for it,on a second thought,the satellites beam might cover Africa which is the only likely achievement,if not,then we're being spied on!i stand to be corrected tho

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by invectives(m): 9:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by agrovick(m): 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
slimzypink:
i am just hearing belarus is a country..does that make me dumb?
Hahaha, nope but we can say your human population knowledge is a bit redundant. Ever heard of Dominica?
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by 247notire(m): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
Yanks101:
It is not even buhari's product.
NICOMSAT engineers were trained by the jonathan's administration in a british company.
The little progress Nigeria made in satellites is courtesy of jonathan. Buhari had nothing to do with it.
The PRESSID scholarship programme that produced many of the engineers have been cancelled by your current president.
The president of Nigeria is very vengeful and heartless... God forbid!

APC members have low IQ - Lai Mohammed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by DaudaAbu(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
Yanks101:
NICOMSAT engineers were trained by the jonathan's administration in a british company.
The little progress Nigeria made in satellites is courtesy of jonathan. Buhari had nothing to do with it.
The PRESSID scholarship programme that produced many of the engineers have been cancelled by your current president.

You dont know what you are saying. The engineers are trained by OBJ admin. NASRDA as a whole is his pet project. The agency has been going south frm when he left office.the engineers trained in surrey were all product of OBJ administration

For those that are saying we have not been managing our nigcomsat-1R properly, if you are familiar with Galaxy backbone which is the ISP that provide internet service to most government agency then know that they are on nigcomsat

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Tmaritas76(m): 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
DeejayTafari:
is Belarus a state in Africa?
yes
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Tmaritas76(m): 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
This kind satellite wey Nigeria go manage,hope they don't think its some sort of dstv pan and went to bid
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by danidee10(m): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
geesilver:
Wao, something good coming out of my dear country, a welcome development. Its good to know we are going forward.
If only wailers would take this as a good news. Slow and steady wins the race, that is if na marathon no be 100 meter race o. If I lie ask usain bolt.

wen will u realize that Wao is Wow ehnnn undecided
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by jasent(m): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
big fool
kallmemrB:

I pity them belarus ,na only empty shells dem go see,my people will sell the engine and leave Carcass
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by 247Dior(m): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
TheDevilIsALai:
It's a geostationary satellite and needs a low latitude ground based centre.

They picked Nigeria because the PDP formed and pumped money into NASDA.

The ground station will be remotely managed from Belarus and NASDA will just house the ground station receivers and fuel the backup generators.

I hope they can manage that .

But what does Belarus need a geo satellite for?

There's more to this....
please tell them.. nairaland illiterates

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
jasent:
big fool
May God bless u and reward you in accordance to ur work and thoughts
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
To where? No offence
evy1:
Slow and steady,we shall get there.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by FLYFIRE(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Wailers will not be happy..God bless Nigeria
We WAILERS are proud of our president GEJ for his foresight ...not this good-for- nothing-duck- seated DULLARD in Aso rock

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by akigbemaru: 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nigeria won big for Belarus.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by melakes(m): 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
whitecloth:
That's a good news, I never knew we've stepped up to that level o, God bless my country Nigeria.
May God bless u& all that is urs too.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by ikkkkk: 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
I hope that satellite doesn't come crashing back to mother earth.
Naija don carry their inefficiency go space ooo
A country that produces almost nothing but consumes all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
With Generator? Dead on arrival

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by geesilver(m): 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
danidee10:

wen will u realize that Wao is Wow ehnnn undecided
English teacher.......I don't know o.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by ikkkkk: 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
Yanks101:

Tell them ooo
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by kayalla(f): 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
fhelihx:
That's a welcome development.

no be only welcome development, na farewell.

do we even have satellite in Nigeria na another country own we wan go manage. sorry for them
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:

dnt let dis biafra of a tin affect ur intellectual reasoning,,i wasn't expecting comment lyk dis,,ne zuzu ari
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by DaudaAbu(m): 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2015
kayalla:

do we even have satellite in Nigeria na another country own we wan go manage. sorry for them

So you dnt even know that we have satellite in nigeria yet you are commenting?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by TheDevilIsALai: 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
ben1daEbiri:
Since geostationary satellites are mostly for digital TV broadcast,it should be for just that,but then again,if it's for low latitude's sake;and it's ground base is Nigeria,it's EIRP might slightly be low (in Belarus) since it's latitude is low (but it's orbital position can makeup for it,on a second thought,the satellites beam might cover Africa which is the only likely achievement,if not,then we're being spied on!i stand to be corrected tho

One bottle of champagne for you
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by eunisam: 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
I hope the minister of information is not occupying the seat of minister of science and tecno......
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hadeyeancah:
Heeeeey....For 15years shocked cry cry I dey pity those Belarus people
How can Nigeria progress wen human beings like you still exist in dis country,,God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
gullible Nigerian...we already launch 2 satellite and yet to reap anything from it
keep on wailing..i just hope dat u will b alive to witness d prosperity of our great nation,Nigeria...o ge megi voom na anya..
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by TheDevilIsALai: 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
ben1daEbiri:

Geostationary satellites have a limited span transmission since the earth's curvature affect it beyond 30 degree latitude.

And which broadcast will Belarus be offering? This is a covet listening post to intercept our digital conversations.

Just today, MTN has been bugging me to restart my phone to upgrade my details. I did it and they were asking for my name. I gave them and the next thing my social media accounts ( twitter facebook) and my email address. I refuse to enter those. And just this morning there was a thread soliciting to provide phone tracking services in the event it got stolen by sending your phones IME and bio data. Liar mohammed is obviously desperate to track down those of us who don't buy into his pathetic lies and he has the CIA to help him.

We are the most savvy Internet users in the continent and the CIA wants to track and tag us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by fhelihx(m): 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
kayalla:

That's true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Should Take Over INEC And Other Institutions - Oyegun / Defection: How Osinbajo Made Us Donate Akpabio To APC – PDP / Charles Idahosa: Igbos Don’t Deserve Presidency In 2023, They Will Get VP Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.