Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years (28702 Views)

How NNPC Act, BPP Contract Clause Frustrated Kachikwu’s Bid To Micro-manage Baru / 2002 Ikeja Cantonment Bomb Blast: 15 Years After (Throwback Photos) / Nigerian Soldiers Undergoing Training In Belarus (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by catchfun: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nigeria has made history in the global space technology market by becoming the first country in the Sub-Sahara Africa to manage a foreign satellite.
This followed the emergence of Nigerian Communications Satellite (NigComSat) limited, the operator of NigComSat-R, the Nigerian Communication Satellite as the winner of a bidding process to provide In-Orbit test (IOT) and carrier Spectrum Monitoring (CSM) services for Belintersat-1 Satellite.
This was announced by China Great Industries Corporation (CGWIC), a renowned satellite manufacturing company in China and a technical
partner to NigComSat.
The Head Public Affairs, NigComSat, Adamu Idris, who revealed this on Wednesday during a media parley in Abuja, said the operation will
commence on 16 January 2016, the official date for the launch of the Belintersat-1 in Belarus and will last for a period of 15 years.
Adamu said the bid was a keenly contested exercise between Nigeria and other bidders with over 20 years of experience in satellite management.
According to the General manager satellite Operations, NigComsat, Danjuma Ndihgihdah, Nigeria won the bid due to the high capacity of her ground facility at NigComSat base in Abuja, her human capacity resource, and the confidence reposed in NigComSat by the Chinese giant (CGWIC).
With this feat, Nigeria becomes the first African nation to compete at the international stage as a major player in space technology.
Idris said, the winning of the bid by Nigeria represents a milestone for the country and a clear manifestation that NigComSat and indeed Nigeria has developed the capacity to provide highly technical services in the satellite communication industry.
On the benefits derivable from the leasing services, he said Nigeria would rake in revenue from the 15 years service provision to
Belarus and build more capacity for Nigerian engineers, as well as open more frontiers for Nigeria as a global player in the space.
In addition to the traditional services of transponder leasing, he stated that NigComSat would be providing broadband services, enterprise solutions, secured communications and solutions amongs others over Nigeria and other 35 African countries such as Gabon, Cote D’Ivore and Ghana.
On security, he said that the agency has been offering the security agencies with communication services.
Belintersat-1 is a communication satellite owned by the government of Belarus, manufactured and due for launch in January 2016 by CGWIC.
The NigComsat-1R was launched in November 2011, as a replacement to the NigComSat-1 shortly it was de-orbited by the agency at no cost following its technical failure.
It was designed as a regional satellite with four bands to serve about 35 African countries.
Meanwhile, the Minister of Communications will be leading Nigerian delegation to witness the launch of the Belintersat-1 in January 2016, and to discuss other related partnerships and ways to further improve, deepen and strengthen the Sino-Nigeria relationship

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/nigeria-wins-bid-to-manage-belaruss-satellite-for-15-years/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by catchfun: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
click like if u hope we can manage it well,share if u dont.

103 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by osesology(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
Good to know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by whitecloth: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
That's a good news, I never knew we've stepped up to that level o, God bless my country Nigeria.

51 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by catchfun: 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
whitecloth:
That's a good news, I never knew we've stepped up to that level o, God bless my country Nigeria.
amen

28 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by grafikii: 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2015
God bless nigeria

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by emamos: 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
Good news though

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
Rubbish.....Is our own satellite Working?

I pity them belarus ,na only empty shells dem go see,my people will sell the engine and leave Carcass

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by evy1(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
Slow and steady,we shall get there.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by babyfaceafrica: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
Wailers will not be happy..God bless Nigeria

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by CSTR2: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
Okay. Belarus has a decent defence industry, much advanced than Nigeria's.
I really don't know what to say. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by geesilver(m): 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
Wao, something good coming out of my dear country, a welcome development. Its good to know we are going forward.
If only wailers would take this as a good news. Slow and steady wins the race, that is if na marathon no be 100 meter race o. If I lie ask usain bolt.
Nigeria race na serious marathon o, even usain bolt no fit, and we have baba go slow fo front. I wonder how many years e go take us o.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by TheDevilIsALai: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
It's a geostationary satellite and needs a low latitude ground based centre.

They picked Nigeria because the PDP formed and pumped money into NASDA.

The ground station will be remotely managed from Belarus and NASDA will just house the ground station receivers and fuel the backup generators.

I hope they can manage that .

But what does Belarus need a geo satellite for?

There's more to this....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by auntysimbiat(f): 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by politricks: 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
Rubbish.....Is our own satellite Working?

I pity them belarus ,na only empty shells dem go see,my people will sell the engine and leave Carcass
Is it your satellite?

24 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by fhelihx(m): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
That's a welcome development.
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by sukkot: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2015
hmm. this is esoteric prophecy meaning Jesus Christ will come out of Nigeria. only for those with eyes to see
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by philtex(m): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2015
end time satellite grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by datguru: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Sholah96(m): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by slap1(m): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2015
Have we even managed our own?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by martyns303(m): 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
Seriously?
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by deeswagger: 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
Lol

Belarus mama wa se nkan o...
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by fatgirl: 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
Belarus don enter one chance. They should have found out what happened to Nigeria's satellite hosted by china...it got lost in space smiley

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Dandeson1(m): 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
.IPOD won't like this news o, grin

Biafra una hear, the zoo is progressingcheesy

God bless naija

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by cao(f): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Hadeyeancah(m): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
Heeeeey....For 15years shocked cry cry I dey pity those Belarus people
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by slimzypink(f): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
i am just hearing belarus is a country..does that make me dumb?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by pretydiva(f): 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
Buhari has done it again cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
is Belarus a state in Africa?
Re: Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years by trendygul: 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
ok we hear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks / Photos: Bill Gates Visits Kaduna State / Governor Bagudu With Car-Maker, Muzzamil Umar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.