Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Who Is Really An Academician? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Really An Academician? (1324 Views)

Is Senator Ben Murray Bruce Really An Half-cast Or.... / Nigeria Is Not Really An African Nation! / Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really An Ijaw? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Really An Academician? by redsun(m): 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2009
An academician is someone that can experiment,theorize,formularize,practicalize and make manifest

Institutionalize education like we have in africa is brain washing and retarding,we study and subject ourselves to the works and  theories of fallable mortals as if they are infallables,unquestionable authorities,like religion and thereby depriving us the abilities to think for ourselves and little surprise afrcan academicians are docile and unproductive.
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by ElRazur: 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2009
Lmao. Im not even gonna say anything. grin
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by redsun(m): 8:13pm On Jun 12, 2009
Because u are not up to it.That is why u hiding in england,even when u call urself a medical expert and ur people are dying en mass at home even from common malaria,Brainwashed coward
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by ElRazur: 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2009
You really think am not up to it? Bwhaahahahahah lol.  grin

Yeah, it is my fault people are dying back home. It is my fault you **think am an expert too**. It is my fault as well that you clearly cannot think enough. Oh it is also my fault that you post meaningless jargon so as to come across as intelligent right? Awwwh okay. I apologise. Can we be friends now? grin

PS
I am surprised you didn't blame the white man though.
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by MrCrackles(m): 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2009
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by redsun(m): 8:37pm On Jun 12, 2009
Ur idea of intelligence is myopic,like an intelligent robot.
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by ElRazur: 8:38pm On Jun 12, 2009
MrCrackles:

You only have 6 confused smileys/emoticons when you read the thread right? Well, I had this amount when I read it initially.

grin
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by ElRazur: 8:40pm On Jun 12, 2009
redsun:

Ur idea of intelligence is myopic,like an intelligent robot.

The Irony!

Dude, quit insulting people's intelligence, when you type in[i] text-speak.[/i]
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by redsun(m): 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2009
Uppity,u are too daft to tune in.
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by ElRazur: 8:44pm On Jun 12, 2009
Okay. grin I look forward to your next quality and informative thread. grin
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by redsun(m): 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2009
I give u something to meditate on,maybe it could jolt ur enslave mentality.
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by MandingoII(m): 10:03pm On Jun 12, 2009
An academician is someone that can experiment,theorize,formularize,practicalize and make manifest

Institutionalize education like we have in africa is brain washing and retarding,we study and subject ourselves to the works and theories of fallable mortals as if they are infallables,unquestionable authorities,like religion and thereby depriving us the abilities to think for ourselves and little surprise afrcan academicians are docile and unproductive.

I agree.

Some Africans REFUSE to retrain their brain.

and, some of them live to REPEAT what others have told them.

that's just stupid.
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by C2H5OH(f): 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2009
This mandingo guy grin .
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by PapaBrowne(m): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2009
@ Topic
While I don't totally disagree with the post, It is important you know that everything you presently know was taught to you by someone.
Whats important is how you advance the information you are given.
I do think that the kind of education we have in Africa doesn't enhance learning.
I also think our academicians are one of those responsible for our problems as they've failed to use their knowledge to create opportunities!
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by asha80(m): 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2009
I have a feeling ninetofive will like this post.
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by RichyBlacK(m): 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2009
redsun:

Institutionalize education like we have in africa is brain washing and retarding,we study and subject ourselves to the works and  theories of fallable mortals as if they are infallables,unquestionable authorities,like religion and thereby depriving us the abilities to think for ourselves and little surprise afrcan academicians are docile and unproductive.

@redsun,

What do you mean by "afrcan academicians"? Please choose one:

A. All academicians (of African heritage) anywhere on the planet?
B. All academicians (regardless of nationality/ethnic heritage) in Africa?
C. All academicians (of African heritage) in Africa?

If none of the choices above serves your definition, please define in clear terms what you mean by "african academicians".

Thank you.
Re: Who Is Really An Academician? by redsun(m): 8:04am On Jun 13, 2009
All Pan-African academicians ie,those that believe in africa as a heritage and yet can put uip with all the gory and backwardness of africa without exercising his or her or her academic power for pioneering a change and making a difference but rather with flimsy excuses,will  like be tutored and sheltered under the umbrella of whiteman, who with his academic and inquisitive mind,pioneered his own world that we are all blindly following today.

There are parallel ways to knowledge,but with the same fundamental principle and that fundamental principle is what is missing in africa,we are cutting the weeds from the middle instead of the roots.We are not initiating.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Ibori's Mistress Loses Case In London / New Ministers To Be Sworn-in Next Week The List: / Pdp Want Me To Loot Treasury- Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.