Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. (40462 Views)

"Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos! / Shocking Warnings On A Gate In FCT / What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by herdeyshenor(m): 6:52am On Jun 21, 2016
Kudos
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Aspireahead(m): 6:52am On Jun 21, 2016
whirlwind7:

I commend you for sharing your experience and expenses incurred for this project. I also would like to know how many coaches were constructed.

Now, why wouldn't you want to mention the said community? I see nothing wrong in doing so. Everyone knows that development fees are usually demanded almost everywhere, but 200k is rather too high. Please, I want to know what community. I am hoping to acquire plots within Awka, especially around Ebenebe.

Keep rising!

Is Ebenebe parr of Awka...yes I know it is in Awka North but I don't think it should be referred to as Awka as the place is still undeveloped... at least in 2011 when I left
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Emmaoga: 6:54am On Jun 21, 2016
nice costing.....can see the work of a Quantity Surveyor here or so.
I love that profession, am one of them..
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by NigerDeltan(m): 6:59am On Jun 21, 2016
Kennycyphers:

Thank you.

You say you dont want to mention the name of the community, yet you want the govt to do something about it. How?

1 Like

Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Ugoeze2016: 7:02am On Jun 21, 2016
That guy with raised yansh....not a good view. Good job
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by godwin120alex: 7:09am On Jun 21, 2016
Very good.I'm abt to fence almost 2 plots so I'm waiting 4 d Engineer to send d quotation so that I will send it to dis forum 4 ur advice cos I don't no anything abt building
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by SpeedyConnect(m): 7:19am On Jun 21, 2016
Kennycyphers:
Maximum respect to spyder880, his threads here on property section of Nairaland really gingered me up to go into this fencing project. Am just here to share my experience and to give a breakdown of how I was able to carry out the project so that people out there who have such project will be well informed before starting up.

ANALYSIS OF A FENCING PROJECT CARRIED OUT IN ANAMBRA STATE.
Location of the plot: Awka, Anambra State
Plot Size: 60ft. by 100ft approximately 18m by 30m {The fencing will cover just 3walls as 1 of the walls which I share with a neighboring plot has already been erected so am focusing on the remaining 3. which is 201ft(96ft + 60ft + 45ft) if we exclude the 100ft that has already been covered and the 15ft mapped out for erecting of gate.
Time frame: 2 to 3weeks( 12 days of activities)

LIST OF ALL EXPENSES:
1. Labour =>. #148,000 naira
2. Development fee => #200,000 naira
3. Gate => #170,000 naira
4. 6"inches solid Blocks(#130 * 1500pieces) *though we had abt 500blocks previously in the site, so total should be 2000 blocks or less=> #195,000 naira
5. White sand(2 trips @13,000 each). => #26,000 naira
6. Cement (45 bags @ 1500 each) => #67,500 naira
7. Water (3tanks of 500liters @ 2500 each) => #7,500 naira
8. Transportation and Misc. Expenses => #25,500 naira
9. Gate column construction materials => #49,600 naira

Total Expenditure => #889,100 naira.

I will still give a breakdown of the day to day activities and the different stages of work carried out in the site.

*Note: Development fee is a fee imposed by the community where the site is situated, that before any development is carried out, land owners must pay the annoying sum of 200,000 naira to the community or else they will come around on daily basis to disturb the work which will lead to more expenses and damages... this particular fee delayed the project for 1 whole month as we tried to see if we can negotiate with the community,... all to no avail. They charge the highest development fee in the state. Its so annoying I hope the state government will do something about it... I just don't want to mention the community.. But I don't see why developers should be ripped off for no just course all in the name of development fee/levy. So it might not necessarily be the case in your own area but you just have to make inquiries first before starting the project because those youths are quite destructive when they re not being settled.

200k and you said its the highest? Obosi in Idemili North LGA Anambra state charge 420k as development levy. Onitsha close to it charge like amount too.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by igwejay: 7:20am On Jun 21, 2016
Pls Bro do you know how much it will cost to get 1 plot around Onitsha asix like Oba, Nkwelle and Nsugbe. Which side of d state do you think people buy land from now and is affordable. I know Awka is now very expensive. Thank you

Kennycyphers:

Thanks bro. Its 10coaches above dpc.
Ok. The Community am talking about is Okochi-Ime in Okpuno Awka.
I don't really know much about Ebenebe. More grease to your elbow... Happy new year in advance.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by flokii: 7:22am On Jun 21, 2016
Nice one..

You've saved yourself from trouble (outsiders).. Congrats
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by HomeOfMe(f): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2016
Kennycyphers:
Maximum respect to spyder880, his threads here on property section of Nairaland really gingered me up to go into this fencing project. Am just here to share my experience and to give a breakdown of how I was able to carry out the project so that people out there who have such project will be well informed before starting up.

Plot Size: 60ft. by 100ft approximately 18m by 30m {The fencing will cover just 3walls as 1 of the walls which I share with a neighboring plot has already been erected so am focusing on the remaining 3. which is 201ft(96ft + 60ft + 45ft) if we exclude the 100ft that has already been covered and the 15ft mapped out for erecting of gate.

LIST OF ALL EXPENSES:
4. 6"inches solid Blocks(#130 * 1500pieces) *though we had abt 500blocks previously in the site, so total should be 2000 blocks or less=> #195,000 naira

I will still give a breakdown of the day to day activities and the different stages of work carried out in the site.

*Note: Development fee is a fee imposed by the community where the site is situated, that before any development is carried out, land owners must pay the annoying sum of 200,000 naira to the community or else they will come around on daily basis to disturb the work which will lead to more expenses and damages... this particular fee delayed the project for 1 whole month as we tried to see if we can negotiate with the community,... all to no avail. They charge the highest development fee in the state. Its so annoying I hope the state government will do something about it... I just don't want to mention the community.. But I don't see why developers should be ripped off for no just course all in the name of development fee/levy. So it might not necessarily be the case in your own area but you just have to make inquiries first before starting the project because those youths are quite destructive when they re not being settled.
Good job and welldone! I've been inspired this morning and 've learned not to procrastinate.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by igwejay: 7:24am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by damose12(m): 7:24am On Jun 21, 2016
Nice one sir. Hoping to do same ASAP by God's grace
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by SpeedyConnect(m): 7:29am On Jun 21, 2016
whirlwind7:

I commend you for sharing your experience and expenses incurred for this project. I also would like to know how many coaches were constructed.

Now, why wouldn't you want to mention the said community? I see nothing wrong in doing so. Everyone knows that development fees are usually demanded almost everywhere, but 200k is rather too high. Please, I want to know what community. I am hoping to acquire plots within Awka, especially around Ebenebe.

Keep rising!
200k and you said its the highest? Obosi in Idemili North LGA Anambra state charge 420k as development levy. Onitsha close to it charge like amount too.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Realdeals(m): 7:30am On Jun 21, 2016
Omo onile wicked for that area o, N200k for development levy?
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Rapture4real(m): 7:30am On Jun 21, 2016
This is great.God will perfect it
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by princejones(m): 7:45am On Jun 21, 2016
Welldone done sir
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by MrBully: 7:47am On Jun 21, 2016
Good job
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by MrBully: 7:47am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by JoeCutie(m): 7:53am On Jun 21, 2016
Maybe I'm the only Nigerian that hates fences. You see, I don't just get why someone would spend millions in constructing a fine edifice, then support it with a beautiful compound armoured with flowers and grasses and fountains and swimming pools and what have you...only to cover it all with some very Prison-like gigantic fence, thereby shielding it from public view. Does it make sense? No! Let people see, feel and appreciate the beauty of your home. Bock/brick fences, to me, are unnecessary. For security reasons? If you have enough money to build mansion, you should have enough money to sort your security out. But that's my opinion anyway.

Checkout these pictures below. Aren't they just lovely
? wink

4 Likes

Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by marhoinspire: 8:01am On Jun 21, 2016
Too much waste of resources. There is a cheaper way u would have gone about it.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Oguieke(m): 8:06am On Jun 21, 2016
congrats! but the work here is generally poor,starting from foundation blinding,block work,mounting of the gate pillars and etc.meanwhile congrats.always consult an experienced and registered Engr for your work to avoid regret in future...call Engr p.c Nnaemezie,mnse,COREN certified, for your free advises and guide on your building projects. and advice from a professional can save you a lot. thanks.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 21, 2016
I love the simplicity of your gate,the welder is very good.But the masons are very rough,their job ain't smooth.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by erico2k2(m): 8:16am On Jun 21, 2016
JoeCutie:
Maybe I'm the only Nigerian that hates fences. You see, I don't just get why someone would spend millions in constructing a fine edifice, then support it with a beautiful compound armoured with flowers and grasses and fountains and swimming pools and what have you...only to cover it all with some very Prison-like gigantic fence, thereby shielding it from public view. Does it make sense? No! Let people see, feel and appreciate the beauty of your home. Bock/brick fences, to me, are unnecessary. For security reasons? If you have enough money to build mansion, you should have enough money to sort your security out. But that's my opinion anyway.

Checkout these pictures below. Aren't they just lovely
? wink
In that country security is provided by its fg nation wide
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by JoeCutie(m): 8:22am On Jun 21, 2016
erico2k2:

In that country security is provided by its fg nation wide
In that country, the government provide security on the streets not in their various houses. Rich people have security gadgets installed in their houses, and some of them have security personnel personally employed to protect their lives and property. You know why? If you die, it's not the FG that dies, it's you.

6 Likes

Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by shotuns: 8:36am On Jun 21, 2016
johnson232:

your neighbour sha...
what will that take from his land?
are both of u not going to be using the same fence?

@OP, you said you tried to avoid troubling neighbor therefore constructed your pillar inside your own plot. My question is; Would you allow your neighbor to use the same fence you already constructed? I'm just asking because I ever heard someone told me he won't do his fencing until his neighbor did his and he would use the opportunity to complete his fence to save cost. Is it advisable?

1 Like

Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by TheAdvocate(m): 8:41am On Jun 21, 2016
whirlwind7:

Keep rising!

Nothing like a development fee in Plateau or Adamawa. I know that as a matter of fact.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by onyeomanono24(f): 8:43am On Jun 21, 2016
Kudos to you, So at last what is the total cost of erecting the fence?
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by biliment(m): 8:53am On Jun 21, 2016
Kennycyphers:

LIST OF ALL EXPENSES:

Gud morning sir. M a student of building department presently undergoing my final year project. The topic m addressing is "impact of community relation on the performance of construction project". Briefly, dis topic focuses on the way construction companies in a community relates with the host environment to have a better performance of project @ hand, n how the community perceives the strategies use by the company in relating with the community. So, sir base on ur comment on the development fee charged by the community of ur project n ur interest on putting a solution to this, I don't know if u can b of help in administering my questionair in ur area. Xpctn ur response.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by majamajic(m): 9:29am On Jun 21, 2016
Rod is not part of the expenses?
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by mengho(m): 9:39am On Jun 21, 2016
This is the first time I heard bout development fee, maybe it's only in the southern part of the country
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Raph01: 9:43am On Jun 21, 2016
CHECK [size=20pt]MY SIGNATURE[/size] IF U'RE INTERESTED or CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS on PRICELIST and HOW TO GET THEM
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by jabolo(m): 9:48am On Jun 21, 2016
biliment:

Gud morning sir. M a student of building department presently undergoing my final year project. The topic m addressing is "impact of community relation on the performance of construction project". Briefly, dis topic focuses on the way construction companies in a community relates with the host environment to have a better performance of project @ hand, n how the community perceives the strategies use by the company in relating with the community. So, sir base on ur comment on the development fee charged by the community of ur project n ur interest on putting a solution to this, I don't know if u can b of help in administering my questionair in ur area. Xpctn ur response.

I'd like to advise you, this is not how you communicate with people you are not 'whatapping' or instagramming' or badoo-ing or 'facebooking' with. All the sense in your sentence is diminished by your unprofessional use of language.

You call yourself a student - always try to think, write and act like one.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers / Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos / What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.