Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. (40467 Views)

"Please Piss Here, Ogun Needs It": Hilarious Inscription On A Fence In Jos! / Shocking Warnings On A Gate In FCT / What Is The Best Way To Build A Fence On This Marshy Land? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Kennycyphers(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2016
afreekah:

Is it okay like that? Some people sha !
Yea it is.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Kennycyphers(m): 10:05am On Jun 21, 2016
NigerDeltan:

You say you dont want to mention the name of the community, yet you want the govt to do something about it. How?

Yea, i really wish the Government cud do something.. but I doubt if they can... Most of these communities u see around hype the fees when they find out that a lot of people re coming to develop structures in their area. The area am talking about is Okpuno in Awka, Anambra state. I guess they hyped the fee because the town is close to Awka the state capital and most people re rushing in to buy land from there. Awka is really growing.. to even find a decent land within d area is quite hard.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Kennycyphers(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2016
igwejay:
Pls Bro do you know how much it will cost to get 1 plot around Onitsha asix like Oba, Nkwelle and Nsugbe. Which side of d state do you think people buy land from now and is affordable. I know Awka is now very expensive. Thank you

Sorry bro.. I have no idea.. but I will ask around.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Kennycyphers(m): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2016
SpeedyConnect:

200k and you said its the highest? Obosi in Idemili North LGA Anambra state charge 420k as development levy. Onitsha close to it charge like amount too.

hmmm.. that's outrageous.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Kennycyphers(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2016
biliment:

Gud morning sir. M a student of building department presently undergoing my final year project. The topic m addressing is "impact of community relation on the performance of construction project". Briefly, dis topic focuses on the way construction companies in a community relates with the host environment to have a better performance of project @ hand, n how the community perceives the strategies use by the company in relating with the community. So, sir base on ur comment on the development fee charged by the community of ur project n ur interest on putting a solution to this, I don't know if u can b of help in administering my questionair in ur area. Xpctn ur response.

I would love to help.. are u in anambra and what's d nature of the questionnaires. You know people especially Nigerians re scared of questionnaires.. if u can draft the important questions out.. I can attend to it based on my on view.. but sharing it in that community wouldn't be possible cos most of d developers re hardly in the site..
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Kennycyphers(m): 10:57am On Jun 21, 2016
majamajic:
Rod is not part of the expenses?

It is. Its under building materials.. Do you need the costing of the rods?

As at Dec. 2015

3 length of 16m @1500 naira each => 4,500 naira

4 length of 12m @900 naira each => 3,600 naira

4 length of 8m @600 naira each. => 2,400 naira

1/2 Roll Binding Wire => 1,500 naira
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Mushood: 11:42am On Jun 21, 2016
From Engineering view, the work is so poor, from casting of foundation to blocksetting, also not cost effective. Endeavour to patronize Engr wen u are about to start the main structure in order to have durable, safe and economical structure.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by ricki: 11:45am On Jun 21, 2016
Mushood:
From Engineering view, the work is so poor, from casting of foundation to blocksetting, also not cost effective. Endeavour to patronize Engr wen u are about to start the main structure in order to have durable, safe and economical structure.

really.......

and who is the eng. in question ? You??

OP continue they rock jare....... we are following you.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by SpeedyConnect(m): 12:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
whirlwind7:

I commend you for sharing your experience and expenses incurred for this project. I also would like to know how many coaches were constructed.

Now, why wouldn't you want to mention the said community? I see nothing wrong in doing so. Everyone knows that development fees are usually demanded almost everywhere, but 200k is rather too high. Please, I want to know what community. I am hoping to acquire plots within Awka, especially around Ebenebe.

Keep rising!
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by amodu(m): 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
Mushood:

Engr. Moshood doing what he knows how to do best.

1 Like

Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by amodu(m): 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
Mushood:

Engr. Mushood doing what he knows how to do best.

1 Like

Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by write2obi(m): 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
Aspireahead:

Is Ebenebe parr of Awka...yes I know it is in Awka North but I don't think it should be referred to as Awka as the place is still undeveloped... at least in 2011 when I left
You need to visit ebenebe again, you'll be marveled.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by write2obi(m): 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
mufutau55:

And Yes. That is how it's supposed to be done, inside your plot ... encroachment should not be promoted...

Hajji M.
But hajji when someone is covering 100ft length of your fence for you, the least you can do is to say thank you, and not give them trouble. The guy is very ungrateful.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by BigMan4Life: 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
amodu:

Engr. Moshood doing what he knows how to do best.

Moshood cannot dig a hole or bend iron with keyboard. OPs work is as good as any i have seen ... Strong & simple
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Mushood: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
ricki:

really.......

and who is the eng. in question ? You??

OP continue they rock jare....... we are following you.

Do u read my quote begging him to give me d project? must u quote me?
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Mushood: 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
BigMan4Life:

Moshood cannot dig a hole or bend iron with keyboard. OPs work is as good as any i have seen ... Strong & simple

It is quite obvious u don't know d value of Civil Engr
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by Aspireahead(m): 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
write2obi:

You need to visit ebenebe again, you'll be marveled.
do you know Benlion...he was called Enyi awka north then...he was from omuogbuefi. I worked with him then.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by mufutau55(m): 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
write2obi:

But hajji when someone is covering 100ft length of your fence for you, the least you can do is to say thank you, and not give them trouble. The guy is very ungrateful.

Nobody cares about that... I fenced two plots on the four walls... then one of the neighbors think he is smart and put two courses of blocks on top of mine.. I kindly informed him that if he didnt take it off, I will have him arrested.. I told him does he realised the fence is inside my plots. He quickly took it down and clean the whole area. I told him he can put another fence in his plot parallel to mine if he so desire.. he is being nice to me since then. If you leavevit to them, they will never do tge fence, but they will hide under encroachment. So I wouldnt let them encroach me either.

Hajji M.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by armadeo(m): 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
mengho:
This is the first time I heard bout development fee, maybe it's only in the southern part of the country

Where do you live. I south south area it's called deve.

If you don't pay it my friend you are wasting your time. That can come and push down your fence after you strong eye dem. They would frustrate a your efforts in building.

Guy only you go pay. I know a man I considered area father. He paid when they showed him the meaning of trouble ..

Also know someone who abandoned work due to deve. He said u til money complete before he even tries them.

Fence
Bore hole
Clearing land
Foundation
Decking

You pay every step of the way. God help you if you abandon the project for more than one year let community leadership change hands your money has entered voice mail.

It's common in south west too. Don't know of north though. Op has confirmed east.

@ op what is the estimated cost for fencing a 200 by 100 land with 2 gates. Estimate only. At current market value of materials.

1 Like

Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by biliment(m): 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
Kennycyphers:

I would love to help.. are u in anambra and what's d nature of the questionnaires. You know people especially Nigerians re scared of questionnaires.. if u can draft the important questions out.. I can attend to it based on my on view.. but sharing it in that community wouldn't be possible cos most of d developers re hardly in the site..
Thank you very much for your response sir. I schl in Niger state, and if you don't mind you can give me your email for me to forward the questionnaire to you.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by biliment(m): 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
jabolo:

I'd like to advise you, this is not how you communicate with people you are not 'whatapping' or instagramming' or badoo-ing or 'facebooking' with. All the sense in your sentence is diminished by your unprofessional use of language.

You call yourself a student - always try to think, write and act like one.
Thank you for the advice... I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by jabolo(m): 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
biliment:

Thank you for the advice... I really appreciate.

You're welcome. Good luck with your studies and always remember the importance of presentation in this competitive world.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by amodu(m): 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
BigMan4Life:

That is not the tool to execute such tasks
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by buchilino(m): 8:36am On Jun 22, 2016
Kennycyphers:
Maximum respect to spyder880, his threads here on property section of Nairaland really gingered me up to go into this fencing project. Am just here to share my experience and to give a breakdown of how I was able to carry out the project so that people out there who have such project will be well informed before starting up.

ANALYSIS OF A FENCING PROJECT CARRIED OUT IN ANAMBRA STATE.
Location of the plot: Awka, Anambra State
Plot Size: 60ft. by 100ft approximately 18m by 30m {The fencing will cover just 3walls as 1 of the walls which I share with a neighboring plot has already been erected so am focusing on the remaining 3. which is 201ft(96ft + 60ft + 45ft) if we exclude the 100ft that has already been covered and the 15ft mapped out for erecting of gate.
Time frame: 2 to 3weeks( 12 days of activities)

LIST OF ALL EXPENSES:
1. Labour =>. #148,000 naira
2. Development fee => #200,000 naira
3. Gate => #170,000 naira
4. 6"inches solid Blocks(#130 * 1500pieces) *though we had abt 500blocks previously in the site, so total should be 2000 blocks or less=> #195,000 naira
5. White sand(2 trips @13,000 each). => #26,000 naira
6. Cement (45 bags @ 1500 each) => #67,500 naira
7. Water (3tanks of 500liters @ 2500 each) => #7,500 naira
8. Transportation and Misc. Expenses => #25,500 naira
9. Gate column construction materials => #49,600 naira

Total Expenditure => #889,100 naira.

I will still give a breakdown of the day to day activities and the different stages of work carried out in the site.

*Note: Development fee is a fee imposed by the community where the site is situated, that before any development is carried out, land owners must pay the annoying sum of 200,000 naira to the community or else they will come around on daily basis to disturb the work which will lead to more expenses and damages... this particular fee delayed the project for 1 whole month as we tried to see if we can negotiate with the community,... all to no avail. They charge the highest development fee in the state. Its so annoying I hope the state government will do something about it... I just don't want to mention the community.. But I don't see why developers should be ripped off for no just course all in the name of development fee/levy. So it might not necessarily be the case in your own area but you just have to make inquiries first before starting the project because those youths are quite destructive when they re not being settled.

I HAVE A PLOT OF LAND IN ONITSHA AROUND FEDERAL GIRLS COLLEGE. AM HOPING 2 BUILD A 3 BED ROOM BUNGALOW. HOW MUCH DO U THINK IT WILL COST. D SIZE OF LAND IS 60 BY 100.
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by standede: 1:40am On Aug 15, 2017
please i need a quotation on the materials to stand a gate. how many bags of concretes, how many bags of cements how many pieces of 12mm, and how many pieces of 8 mm
Re: HOW TO CONSTRUCT A FENCE WITH GATE IN YOUR PROPERTY. by DawnEden(m): 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kennycyphers:
On the 12th Day, the Gate was hanged through the help of a carpenter we contracted to carry out the work.. He constructed the framework and then with the help of 7 persons, we were able to hanged the strong, durable and heavy gate. before aggregate was poured to form the column. Afterwards, the gate was left for 3 weeks to Set before we came back to remove the planks used to support and form the columns.

AND THAT BRINGS TO THE END OF THE PROJECT.
Weldone bro, pls I would need to know how many 12x1 planks and 2x3 planks, you will need in framing the two gate pillars. And also which is preferable, 2 or 3 full length of 16mm for the reinforcement of the two gate pillars.
Thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers / Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos / What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.