Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,341 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties (1567 Views)

Five New Political Parties Set For Inec’s Registration / Saraki’s Trial: 17 Political Parties Ask CCT Judge To Resign / South Eastern States And Their Natural Resources. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by princechinedu(m): 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
With the latest news concerning the dismisal of the PDP governorship candidate of Abia state Mr Ikpeazu from office and the declaration of APGA candidate Mr Oti as the rightful winner of the state governorship election, Abia state is now under the control of APGA.

While people will rejoice that PDP has lost yet another state, I believe more sensible people will rejoice because the peoples mandate was not stolen.

One lesson I can boldly say is that the south eastern part of Nigeria knows what they want, and will put their money and life in achieving their set goal.

5 states yet having 3 political parties occupying several seats is not a sign of confusion or purposelessness, but a pointer at a set of people who know what they want irrespective of Party.

The people of Imo state voted unanimously for the APC governorship aspirant, those from Anambra voted for APGA governorship aspirant, those from Ebonyi voted for PDP, Abians voted for APGA, Enugu voted for PDP.

The results so far has been the yawnings of the vast majority, we the igbos are not confused, we voted in mass for the PDP during the last Presidential election because we believe in the person of GEJ, and am sure we will do same again if the oppurtunity presents its self again.

A typical igbo man has an eye on something that will work out, and will not go against his mind once its set on a thing.

So while other people will see the loss of PDP in abia as a victory for APC or for APGA, some other folks will see the loss of PDP in Abia state as a victory for the paople.

An igbo man is not interested in what party a man is coming from, but in what the man has to offer, so don't be supprised if one day the whole 5 south eastern state is ruled by 5 differents political parties, yet we unanimously cast our vote for a single political party at the presidential.

It shows we are one people and a great nation.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by Idrismusty97(m): 8:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
Everything can be used to hype yourselves. When you all voted for PDP in the Presidential election you said the same thing. When the North voted in mass for Buhari what did you say again?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by kingslly(m): 8:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
We don't vote for party but Individuals.

2 Likes

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by princechinedu(m): 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Everything can be used to hype yourselves. When you all voted for PDP in the Presidential election you said the same thing. When the North voted in mass for Buhari what did you say again?

Lol..... Well am just trying to point out a lesson most people don't know about those from the south east. Its not about who we voted for, but its about who the people from the south east believed will deliver more on their promises, irrespective of the party or level. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by CSTR2: 8:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
Bleh.
I don't see the benefit in that.
I would rather APGA governs the entire SE states and integrates the region with an igbo consciousness and quicken development.
APC and PDP are not good enough in my opinion, and having all of them in the SE is not a positive thing.
Which SE state would want an APC governor like okorocha to govern them?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by CSTR2: 8:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Given the fact that some people are already claiming political sophistication because they rode on northern fanatical- like support for buhari, i think bragging is in order.
Though he is bragging in the wrong direction.
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by Idrismusty97(m): 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
princechinedu:

Lol..... Well am just trying to point out a lesson most people don't know about those from the south east. Its not about who we voted for, but its about who the people from the south east believed will deliver more on their promises, irrespective of the party or level. Thanks
That is how everyone votes, This isn't a unique thing worth bragging about. Gombe state in the North voted for Buhari(APC) in presidential election but still vote overwhelmingly for a PDP aspirant in Governorship election.

5 Likes

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
CSTR2:
Given the fact that some people are already claiming political sophistication because they rode on northern fanatical- like support for buhari, i think bragging is in order.
Though he is bragging in the wrong direction.

Who rode on nothern fanatical like support for buhari?.
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
The sw also voted 3 political parties,APC (ogun,lagos,oyo and osun),LP(ondo) and PDP(ekiti). So no biggie.

6 Likes

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by CSTR2: 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Who rode on nothern fanatical like support for buhari?.
A certain region.
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by Trailii: 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
oponu op... don't u know when sw is governed by pdp, in state like ekiti, apc in osun oyo and Ogun and labour party in ondo state.. even sdp, and accord have a strong base in sw...

2 Likes

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by princechinedu(m): 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
CSTR2:
Bleh.
I don't see the benefit in that.
I would rather APGA governs the entire SE states and integrates the region with an igbo consciousness and quicken development.
APC and PDP are not good enough in my opinion, and having all of them in the SE is not a positive thing.
Which SE state would want an APC governor like okorocha to govern them?

If you take a close look at the governors of the south eastern state, you will notice that the people believe and surport them, they are men who have distinguished themselves in leadership, the south eastern will vote for a proven man irrespective of the party
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
CSTR2:
A certain region.

Tell me what region,quit beating around the bush,dont be scared....

2 Likes

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by grafikii: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2015
Am i the only one that is yet to see the point of this thread?
The north at a point had Pdp, cpc and anpp governos.
Even the SW had Acn, pdp and LP under the last administration.

4 Likes

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by CSTR2: 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
princechinedu:

If you take a close look at the governors of the south eastern state, you will notice that the people believe and surport them, they are men who have distinguished themselves in leadership, the south eastern will vote for a proven man irrespective of the party
Then we need to find a way to ensure APGA keep producing the best candidates.
Political synergy can never be under-emphasized. An average governor can much better than a more talented governor if he has the progressive synergy to draw from.
And i want APGA our own party to provide that synergy based on long term strategic considerations.
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by Old2020: 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
OP I digress...from my knowledge, Anambra, Enugu and Abia can never ever vote for an APC party candidate. Now to Enugu, If there is any state that is more pro PDP in Nigeria, it is Enugu...strong PDP stronghold that AGPA cannot even penetrate.
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by CSTR2: 8:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Tell me what region,quit beating around the bush,dont be scared....
Scared? No .
Just politically correct.

1 Like

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by princechinedu(m): 8:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
The sw also voted 3 political parties,APC (ogun,lagos,oyo and osun),LP(ondo) and PDP(ekiti). So no biggie.

Amm not comparing any region, am only correcting a notion from some group who think in a different direction
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by Ecoterrorism(f): 8:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
that funny moment when Osun indigenes remember that Aregbe has only spent 10nonths on that seat
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
CSTR2:
Scared? No . Just politically correct.

I give up,you no get sense.

1 Like

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by princechinedu(m): 8:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
Old2020:
OP I digress...from my knowledge, Anambra, Enugu and Abia can never ever vote for an APC party candidate. Now to Enugu, If there is any state that is more pro PDP in Nigeria, it is Enugu...strong PDP stronghold that AGPA cannot even penetrate.

You are abit correct but I will tell you why its like enugu is a PDP strong hold, Enugu has been fortunate to have some leaders from PDP who has done well to a great extent, and they are still on the right track, so no need changing a working formula, other states are getting libreated from bad leadership, to me, dats a good thing, any party with a credible candidate can win in the south east.
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by princechinedu(m): 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
grafikii:
Am i the only one that is yet to see the point of this thread?
The north at a point had Pdp, cpc and anpp governos.
Even the SW had Acn, pdp and LP under the last administration.

If you really know the SE not just from what you read online and in the news, you won't make such comments, you didn't even understand the topic,

Its not about comparing the SE with any other region, its the lesson behind it, its common knowledge that some other region has or have had different parties ruling, the essence of this thread is to point out that the SE don't vote for party but for individuals thus correcting the notion that we are totally devoted to the pdp, just because we voted in mass for the pdp during the past presidential election.
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
princechinedu:

Amm not comparing any region, am only correcting a notion from some group who think in a different direction

All right,i get you smiley
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ecoterrorism:
that funny moment when Osun indigenes remember that Aregbe has only spent 10nonths on that seat

16 months.

2 Likes

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by grafikii: 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
princechinedu:

If you really know the SE not just from what you read online and in the news, you won't make such comments, you didn't even understand the topic,

Its not about comparing the SE with any other region, its the lesson behind it, its common knowledge that some other region has or have had different parties ruling, the essence of this thread is to point out that the SE don't vote for party but for individuals thus correcting the notion that we are totally devoted to the pdp, just because we voted in mass for the pdp during the past presidential election.
Your point is still invalid, 2011 the norh voted the cpc in the presidential election yet the Cpc won only one state as governor.
In the same year, the SW voted the gej (except osun) yet the voted the Acn, pdp and LP in their states.

Nothing worth opening a thread for

2 Likes

Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by odogwu125: 9:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
grafikii:

Your point is still invalid, 2011 the norh voted the cpc in the presidential election yet the Cpc won only one state as governor.
In the same year, the SW voted the gej (except osun) yet the voted the Acn, pdp and LP in their states.

Nothing worth opening a thread for
SE also had APGA PDP and PPA then too. so they are maintaining the trend while others seem not to??
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by WIZGUY69(m): 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
nnna!

is this a poem, memory verse or gibberish
coz I can't find a valid point in the write up except a confused man that's contradicting himself.

see you next year wink

dalu cool
Re: A Lesson: 5 South Eastern States Governed By 3 Political Parties by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
while ur argument intend 2 prove common sense when looked into, no one wants to look @ it.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-Kogi State Senator Daughter,Deola Gets A N5.6m Wristwatch 4rm Her Mum(Pics / APC Campaign Rice Out In Edo State / Buying Made In Nigeria Is Not Enough - A Message To Ben Murray-Bruce And Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.