Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,063 members, 7,828,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? (15936 Views)

Has Lionel Messi Surpassed The Status Of Pele, Maradona Or Zidane? / Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? / Who Is More Skillfull Between Zidane And Ronaldihno? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Krayola(m): 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
jalether:

@ Krayola, you sure sey you never shack ogogoro when you posted that grin
haha . . . . at all, na kpoli.  I just wanted to make the debate interesting. .  I was expecting Sauron to back me up (Mr. Man Utd for life), but even Sauron sef no do. . .lol

I just think we are at a loss when we limit debates about great players to flair players. I think there are a lot of players that have left a mark, but either because they were not flair players, or did not win a world cup, no one talks about them. You have to remember these great players we are debating also played for great teams . . we are giving them all the credit for what 11 players achieved.

If Okocha ever played for Barcelona, or Real Madrid and won one or 2 CLs plus a few league titles in his career, I'm sure he would have a strong case . . but his name never comes up unless the debate is on Nairaland (Naija).  . . . .  I have a point . . right? grin

But seriously . . Cantona was  the team . . take him out and they fell apart, put him back in and the rest na story . . And If I said Okocha instead of Cantona, I doubt I would have received such a cold response.

-----------------------------------------

AIght. . . I'll drop it. I admit Cantona was a poor choice. .   wink
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Sauron1: 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
Krayola:

But seriously . . Cantona was  the team . . take him out and they fell apart, put him back in and the rest na story . . And If I said Okocha instead of Cantona, I doubt I would have received such a cold response.

U dunno what you are saying. . . . . .
Mark Hughes was more influential.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Krayola(m): 3:35pm On Jun 18, 2009
haha . . I'm King of Sweden.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by jalether(m): 3:58pm On Jun 18, 2009
Krayola:

I just think we are at a loss when we limit debates about great players to flair players. I think there are a lot of players that have left a mark, but either because they were not flair players, or did not win a world cup, no one talks about them. You have to remember these great players we are debating also played for great teams . . we are giving them all the credit for what 11 players achieved.

If Okocha ever played for Barcelona, or Real Madrid and won one or 2 CLs plus a few league titles in his career, I'm sure he would have a strong case . . but his name never comes up unless the debate is on Nairaland (Naija).  . . . .  I have a point . . right? grin
. .   wink

Krayola check this guy out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9HF3cFLPIc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsXozyqK5Y
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Krayola(m): 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2009
damn!! that guy is playa
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by annyplenty(m): 2:22am On Jun 25, 2009
No doubt, these three are the best anyhow we want to arrange it.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by gicahagi: 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2009
I don't think either of those videos, or anything i've ever seen of maradona will show me that he was better as a playmaker than ronaldinho at barca. It's just less popular to talk about him now because, let's face it even an 8 year old knows who he is and has seen him play. I think in about 30 years or so, people will consider ronaldinho might be considered the best ever (if he ever starts trying again). Furthermore, its ridiculous to argue that maradona was the best playmaker since i'd say even Riquelme is a better playmaker as well as Fabregas (who right now is less than 25), and plenty of others. As for all those videos, I can show you a video of Guti that's just as impressive, but I hardly think anyone would say he's the best playmaker. Also, to have this debate between 3 players when there's probably millions of players playing worldwide right now is close-minded.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by rasputinn(m): 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2009
Remove Ronaldinho from that list
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by RuuDie(m): 6:10am On Jul 11, 2009
juan roman riquelme
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by onyeben: 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
It beats me when people who don't know shit about football, talk football. Do they know that MARADONA played football at a time tackling from behind was allowed, where a defender could hack u down from behind and go free. I wonder if Zidan or Ronaldinho could have d guts 2 even play at that time. Those who have not seen MARADONA play shld go and get his dvd b4 making any comparison. I remember platini telling zidan that what he did with the ball, MARADONA cld do it with an orange. MARADONA the best ever in terms of playmaking, scoring, magic, etc. No basis 4 comparison. The guy was born 2 play ball, thats why he could talk 2 the ball. Respect Zidan & Ronaldinho though, but MARADONA is heads & shoulders above them. Did i hear some mention cantona, johan cruyff, beckham!!!!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese. Nuff Said
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by gicahagi: 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2009
before you go bashing people for not knowing the sport, learn to spell Zidane. Nobody here is arguing that Maradona can't juggle/dribble an orange, its about who is a better playmaker - the fact that defenders tackled Maradona from behind has nothing to do with his vision on the field as compared to others. In that respect Zidane, Ronaldinho, and yeah, probably even Beckham (don't just judge him on LA galaxy, his crosses are absolutely stunning) are better playmakers than Maradona. That being said, Maradona as an overall player is at least as good as anybody else mentioned.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by jalether(m): 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2009
gicahagi:

before you go bashing people for not knowing the sport, learn to spell Zidane. Nobody here is arguing that Maradona can't juggle/dribble an orange, its about who is a better playmaker - the fact that defenders tackled Maradona from behind has nothing to do with his vision on the field as compared to others. In that respect Zidane, Ronaldinho, and yeah, probably even Beckham (don't just judge him on LA galaxy, his crosses are absolutely stunning) are better playmakers than Maradona. That being said, Maradona as an overall player is at least as good as anybody else mentioned.

you are high on cheap crack, go on youtube and type in ''maradona passing'' and see for your self contrary to popular belief

that maradona is a ball hog, even my friend who often envied zidane as a playmaker had to admit there was no one and i mean no

one better at giving deadly and accurate passes and assist than maradona and until you can provide a prove my opinion holds strong.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by chyk91(m): 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2009
its hard, may be zidane.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by roymorah(m): 11:54am On Jul 20, 2009
it still has got to be the argentine, DIEGO MARADONA
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by switch47(m): 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2009
I tink its Mikel OBi wink
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by gicahagi: 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2009
"one better at giving deadly and accurate passes and assist than maradona and until you can provide a prove my opinion holds strong."

Juan Roman Riquelme. Fransesc Fabregas. Xavi Hernandez. Steven Gerrard.
You're argument is just that you watched a youtube video, youtube any of these 4 players and you'll see that they're better playmakers than Maradona and "give deadly and accurate passes and assist than maradona" (i'm not even gonna comment on your grade 2 grammar abilities.)
If that's not enough I'll give you another 10 players, at least, who were better playmakers than Maradona.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by sley4life(m): 6:05am On Jul 22, 2009
zidane for me is the best
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2009
ronaldinho is prosecuting councel, maradona defence councel, zidane is the presiding judge.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by jalether(m): 2:38am On Jul 23, 2009
gicahagi:

"one better at giving deadly and accurate passes and assist than maradona and until you can provide a prove my opinion holds strong."

You're argument is just that you watched a youtube video, youtube any of these 4 players and you'll see that they're better playmakers than Maradona and "give deadly and accurate passes and assist than maradona" (i'm not even gonna comment on your grade 2 grammar abilities.)
If that's not enough I'll give you another 10 players, at least, who were better playmakers than Maradona.

A wise man use to tell me to never argue with a fool, nuff said
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by RuuDie(m): 9:31am On Jul 23, 2009
gicahagi:

jalether:

A wise man use to tell me to never argue with a fool, nuff said

nothing foolish about what he's said up there as long as he's mentioned JUAN ROMAN RIQUELME. . . . . .

Maradona got the boos shocked in Boca just because of that man there - tells a lot, don't it
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Dwayne(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2009
There is bound 2 b an argument in such a topic, diff people wit diff perspectives.
Maradona: made a name even when foothball hadn't.
Zidane: he orcastrates d midfield, i fear his flow.
Ronaldinho: great flair, skills, and a realy fast thinker wit great football stylish incentives.
If u should choose using when each players was at their peak, it would b RONALDINHO
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by RuuDie(m): 11:49am On Jul 23, 2009
I'd put Ronaldinho and Okocha in one category - the class of midfielders who are extremely skillful; but just lack that extra vision, that ability to totally control a game with accurate passes and impeccable ball retention. . . . . .

For me; Riquelme, Zidane, Xavi cut it as those kind of players. . . . head and shoulders above the rest!

I'm limiting my comments to players of my generation; I only watched flics and heard lots of stories about Maradona or any other so can't really say much about 'em!
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by segunpc(m): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2009
as a playmaker zidane is better than maradona.

as of greatness zidane is better.

they can look close both zizou has an edge.

but for drugs and hand of god maradona is the best!
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by dayokanu(m): 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2009
I'd put Ronaldinho and Okocha in one category - the class of midfielders who are extremely skillful; but just lack that extra vision, that ability to totally control a game with accurate passes and impeccable ball retention. . . . . .

Ronaldinho lacks extra vision?? I am not sure I understand you here
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by segunpc(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2009
lacks extra vision but won the world footballer of the year back to back.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by jalether(m): 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2009
segunpc:

as a playmaker zidane is better than maradona.

as of greatness zidane is better.

they can look close both zizou has an edge.

but for drugs and hand of god maradona is the best!

only a fool with a British hate filled mentality ("i hate maradona cos of what he did to us"winkwill reason like that,

have you ever heard of a term called objectivity ?, you definitely lack one
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by victorkc(m): 12:09am On Jul 28, 2009
Papa Zidane haba,from begining to end of his career,okay just check out d 5 star performance in Germany
but jay jay deserves a place!
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by segunpc(m): 9:54am On Jul 28, 2009
only a fool with a British hate filled mentality ("i hate maradona cos of what he did to us"winkwill reason like that,

have you ever heard of a term called objectivity ?, you definitely lack one

you lack manners! and it reflects on what runs in your family.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2009
In such a case, i'd say dinho is the prosecuting councel, maradona is the defence councel, and zidane is the presiding judge!
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by segunpc(m): 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2009
zizou will ever be the presiding judge.

someone said and i quote " zidane plays like he created football" and na ture talk.

zidane is just too good to be compared with maradona!

u can only see players like zizou once in a life time.

u can see many players like maradona e.g messi,cristiano ronaldo,arjen robben,brian laudrup and likes! This guys play like maradona and ofcourse without performance enhancing stuffs.

but the only player that do it close to zizou is berba but if e no b panadol then e no fit be panadol. shikena.
Re: Between Maradona, Zidane And Ronaldinho, Who Is Best Playmaker Ever? by jalether(m): 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2009
segunpc:

you lack manners! and it reflects on what runs in your family.

just further proves my point, cos if you are not a bastard you wouldn't dare mention

my family in this discussion, do you honestly believe you have manners, insulting someone's

family doesn't particularly do justice to your ''mannerism'' does it, what an hypocritical bastard.

back to the discussion maradona is the best playmaker ever tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tottenham Vs Chelsea (2 - 4) On Saturday 20th October 2012 / Liverpool Vs Sevilla: UCL (2 - 2) On 13th September 2017 / UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.