Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 - Business (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 (532126 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 / Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 / You’re Killing Local Manufacturers –MAN Alerts CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (345) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
JLINE:

risked another 35pips this time around for short...eu.
OIL retrace to 41.59 just need 27pips more to hit...seems to have missed all my numbers up on eu after the fundi...
taking a nap and going back to look at things clearer
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
JLINE:

am back on watching my major ONLY. will try as much to give every move and numbers of where they are going.
if uj prints a ll on the 1 hr tf then a follow via of the 30mins tf to 101.xx will be the norm.
now close to the end will another ll be printed...most probably though,68.xx still valid long term.

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by jorel1(m): 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
lol , those lines though cheesy cheesy
JLINE:

now close to the end will another ll be printed...most probably though,68.xx still valid long term.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Edd1e(m): 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
JLINE:

OIL retrace to 41.59 just need 27pips more to hit...seems to have missed all my numbers up on eu after the fundi...
taking a nap and going back to look at things clearer
Better to leave EU, I was on the sell even through d ranging period targeting the weekly range support, only for price to move up and close me out.

To me, the pair still looks bearish in a ranging market.
I won't touch the pair until it leaves that weekly range
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
Edd1e:

Better to leave EU, I was on the sell even through d ranging period targeting the weekly range support, only for price to move up and close me out.

To me, the pair still looks bearish in a ranging market.
I won't touch the pair until it leaves that weekly range
the bear is not long,wanted to pick some and just leave...i have a valid 1.22xx target on eu long term though.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
jorel1:
lol , those lines though cheesy cheesy
hahaha...wetin my lines do na grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 4:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
retrace done...lets move bruuuuuh grin grin grin grin grin grin 41.59 as mentioned before.

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Edd1e(m): 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
JLINE:

the bear is not long,wanted to pick some and just leave...i have a valid 1.22xx target on eu long term though.
Nice, if I get a close above 1.146 area, I might join u in the ride up. if not, I stay clear..

Happy Pipping...
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
Edd1e:

Nice, if I get a close above 1.146 area, I might join u in the ride up. if not, I stay clear..

Happy Pipping...
lol...1.22xx is not yet around even if its valid ,that's a typo i wanted to type 1.122xx for the previous long term.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by jorel1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 29, 2016
GBPJPY The nice bearish channel formation on 4hrs TF can not be unseen .. sign of what is to come next week grin grin
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
JLINE:

buying Ger30 is a good one now,tech wise.
just a few pips to tp

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Edd1e(m): 4:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
JLINE:

lol...1.22xx is not yet around even if its valid ,that's a typo i wanted to type 1.122xx for the previous long term.
oh, OK. lol.

Getting those bigger target on higher tf looks small when u drag ur crosshairs over without knowing it will take forever trading on lower time frames to get there.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
Edd1e:

oh, OK. lol.

Getting those bigger target on higher tf looks small when u drag ur crosshairs over without knowing it will take forever trading on lower time frames to get there.

true
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
seems to have got in right this time...1.1078 target.

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by PIPsharingan(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
Good Evening Pip Killaz,

Finally I am through with my monthly report, and free to do some other things to decongest my mind.

A summary of my fights (trades) for the month of July goes thus:

MONTHLY TRADES:18
MONTHLY GOOD TRADES: 9
MONTHLY BREAK EVEN: 4
MONTHLY BAD TRADES: 5
PIP GAIN : +344
% GAIN: +4.4%
% ACCURACY:50%

Not forgetting, my feud with EUR/AUD will be carried over into next month... undecided undecided ...Anyways, its been a long and stressful month, lemme catch some sleep...shhhhhhhh, pls do not disturb, ... cheesy cheesy

See you guys next month, and as always

Happy Slashing

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Kirinwa: 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
It seems forexfactory have changed their website completely . I can barely understand it or is it from my browser.

I can't see Previous data nor Forecast data but only Actual when its released.

How do you guys cope with news analysis from forexfactory. Any similar site?
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by currentprice: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
currentprice:

for GBP.JPY,,, 138.89 maintain stand to be good resistance levels grin so it time to SELL the pair grin grin

no over confidence,,,follow what your system says,,,,mkt is not one way direction

above the levels turns to buy bias vice versa grin grin

Pipsbasketing:
As earlier stated, just to reinstate......Here goes the basket content with a total of 1625.0 pips

I leave open trades to play out while I take my next decision by 10PM next day

I vape all it gives me until exhaustion

Currentprice may be surprised I still stick to the EN and GJ sel grin grin grin

not surprise brother grin see my quoted post grin

have said it before and I can say it again and again,,, "you know what you are doing"

you can check what 138.89 levels did again today

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Edd1e(m): 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
Basket Content Updates.......Up from bed now, and found what has just happened to my basket

Total pips = 3,000 pips - still counting (Current price on image shows you can compare with your chart to know if it is truly hard to believe, some people can be very disappointing and annoying sha, they just spit anyhow)...If I have negatives in my basket, why won't I still show my basket, after all it is mine and not yours. In reality, all my trades of 27th and 28th on the image all started with -80 pips or there about, I left them since I saw they were only deceiving me, and now here they are in the basket with pips that kill.

9:45 Basket Updates
UCAD and GCAD have just turned, to confirm their lock-ins in 1hr time before market-close. For sure, they will be added to the basket.

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Edd1e(m): 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
^^^^ Nice work bro. Keep it up
Happy Pipping

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
The Great Paradox of Trading

Online tradingThe reason why it can seem so hard to make money as a trader is best summed up by the following paradoxical statement by Ray Dalio in the book Hedge Fund Market Wizards

(Ray is the founder of Bridgewater, the world’s largest hedge fund):

“In trading, you have to be both defensive and aggressive at the same time. If you are not aggressive you will not make money, and if you are not defensive you will not keep money.”

It is trying to balance being aggressive enough to make money while being defensive enough to keep the money you’ve made that is the most basic problem a trader faces in the market. Today’s lesson will give you some tips on how to keep the two in balance so that you can not only improve your chances of making money in the market, but more importantly, not give that money back to the market.
How to be an aggressive trader but not too aggressive

As a trader, you face constant temptations to trade too much and to risk more than you’re comfortable with, all because there’s an idea in the back of your mind that you could ‘get rich quick. It’s very hard to ignore such an enticing idea due to all the warm and fuzzy feelings it brings you and the images of being ‘rich’ that it drums up in your mind.

In other words, it’s EXTREMELY easy to be too aggressive in the market. However, as you may well know by now, being too aggressive is a quick route to losing money and possibly blowing out your trading account. But, you do need to be aggressive enough if you want to make money trading, so how do you find that middle ground between not being too aggressive and not being aggressive enough?

There’s no one answer that will easily solve this problem for you, rather, it’s a combination of realizations and abilities that you need to acquire and implement. Here’s a quick-list of these realizations and abilities to help you find that aggressiveness ‘sweet spot’:

Realize that you need to pick and choose your trade entries carefully. If you are not picky with your trade entries, you’ll end up over-trading, i.e., being too aggressive, and you’ll lose money as a result. You need to first obviously know exactly what you’re looking for in the market (what your trading strategy is) and then commit to only trading when that strategy is presenting you with a signal.

Realize that you cannot hesitate once you identify your trading strategy is giving you a signal to trade. Hesitation and fear have no place in a successful trader’s mind. You need to know what you’re looking for, as I said above, and then act on the signal without hesitation once it arises.

Realize that it’s better to trade less frequently but with a bigger lot size when you do trade, rather than entering many smaller trades per month. Going in relatively ‘big’ on two or three trades per month that exactly meet all your trading plan’s criteria, is much more intelligent than constantly being in the market on a bunch of random trades that are basically just gambles.

What you need to do is be aggressive, but infrequently. If you’re too aggressive, either by trading too much (over-trading) or by risking too much, or the worst possible combination, risking too much and over-trading, you will lose money. The key lies in being aggressive only when you’re trading strategy is clearly telling you to trade. In other words, save your ‘bullets’ for the easy / lucrative targets, then you’ll get the most bang for your buck.

When I trade, I go in ‘big’ relative to my account size, but because I only trade maybe 2 to 4 times a month, I am probably still risking less relative to my account size than a smaller trader who enters 20 or 40 trades per month, each with a small dollar risk per trade.

All those little trades add up very quickly, and they can’t all be high-probability, good signals. So, the key is to wait patiently for the most obvious signals and then back yourself when they form, i.e., don’t risk TOO much to where you can’t sleep, but don’t go in too light either.

How to be a defensive trader but not too defensive

On the flip side of the coin, you have to be defensive in trading, but not too defensive. As I discussed in my article, How to Get Your Trading Mojo back, traders very often give back their trading profits, usually all of them and more. This can be very frustrating and is a big reason why most people fail to make money over the long-run in the market.

Again, finding the middle ground between being too defensive and not defensive enough is no easy task. But, the following tips should make it easier for you…

Withdrawal some of your profits at the end of the month, if you had any. Doing this will not only make sure you can’t give them back to the market, but it will serve to reinforce the fact that it’s your (real) money and it’s not just numbers on your computer screen. This way, you will start to view profits as something more real, and this should make you a bit more defensive of them.

Realize that you’re going to be the most emotional and thus most likely to give back profits right after a trade. Don’t jump right back into the market for no reason after your previous trade closes out. Monitor yourself after a trade, whether it’s a winner or loser. Make sure you don’t jump back into the market on a ‘whim’ and give back the profits you just made. Profits are not easy to make in the market, so protect them.

Realize that you don’t need to trade every day, or even every week. Often, the best and most lucrative position is to be out of the market. Strong trends are the easiest time to make money (like we are seeing now in many pairs, e.g. EURUSD, USDJPY and other majors), but they don’t happen very often. Thus, if there’s not a strong trend underway, odds are you should be flat the market unless your trading strategy has fired off a very obvious signal, like we discussed above.

Conclusion

In trading, you have to be aggressive enough to make the most out of a valid trade setup when it arises, but you also need to be defensive enough to not give back the profits you made on winning trades. These two things can often feel as if they are at odds with one another. But by learning an effective trading method like the one I teach in my trading course, combined with proper planning and a healthy dose of patience, discipline and common sense, you will find the elusive ‘middle-ground’ between aggressiveness and defensiveness that will result in long-term trading success.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
^^^ that book is good and very interesting,think will read it again when i head to the mountains next time.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 30, 2016
Pipsbasketing:
Basket Content Updates.......Up from bed now, and found what has just happened to my basket

Total pips = 3,000 pips - still counting (Current price on image shows you can compare with your chart to know if it is truly hard to believe, some people can be very disappointing and annoying sha, they just spit anyhow)...If I have negatives in my basket, why won't I still show my basket, after all it is mine and not yours.
KEep It oN bro. Only consistency and determination will give you an edge in the long run. Do this consistency for the next few months and see where it takes you to. If it is sustained even with slightly small loses, you are the boss in your own rule, and everyone including me will want to associate with you more. you will just be surprised that few hundreds of dollars can grow into hundred of thousand of $$ in few years especially when you know where to rip in positive pips. KEEP PIPPING grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 11:22am On Jul 30, 2016
Hi guys,happy weekend to you all.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
i hail ooo chairman
JLINE:
Hi guys,happy weekend to you all.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
priceaction:
i hail ooo chairman
na me hail pass ooo oga at the top.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
There is no Holy Grail,and there is no magical system. You have to win the battle within you first before you can win with the markets.-maria psarra
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
Are you sure you wanna do this ? if you are sure then you should know this:

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
Good evening house and its a start of a new trading week and month...firstly happy new month.
i had to revalue myself at my end and looked at what i was doing wrong and for me personally,think i was trying to trade like my mentor instead of just being ME. it worked but didn't catch the most fun of it unlike the way my personality trades,it works for him and not me that's what i found out. i think its time to trade like ME.
HAPPY NEW MONTH AND MORE PIPS TO YOU

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by JLINE(m): 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ten Suggestions For Online Etiquette for Traders:

1. Either post your trades in real time or don’t brag about them after the fact.

2. In winning trades it is better to simply state the facts than to brag about how smart you are.

3. Please skip the material possessions bragging, it makes you look shallow. I know many wealthy traders and they do not brag, they have no desire to.

4. Trading discussions should not involve personal attacks, they should stay on point about trading.

5. No one should give unsolicited advice to other traders without knowing someone’s time frame, method, and stop loss, how can you give advice?

6. If you disagree with everyone in the trading group you are in, why are you in it?

7. If you want to promote your paid service, newsletter, book, blog, etc. do it in the proper context while adding value when appropriate.

8. Join into discussions in your trading group or on twitter then you can sell your services to people you know, if you don’t do this you are considered spam.

9. All the wealthy traders I know personally are kind, giving, generous, and helpful they have nothing to prove.

10. If you are trading truly huge positions sizes do not bother to post them, no one will believe you any way. it is better to post percentage of gains.

http://www.newtraderu.com/2013/05/09...e-for-traders/

4 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
GCAD
Kindly check first with your system knowing fully well that no system is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
UCAD
Kindly check first with your system knowing fully well that no system is perfect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (345)

||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7* / Forex Trading - Season 15 / CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.