Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel (22111 Views)

Dasukigate: EFCC To Arrest Jimi Agbaje In Port-harcourt - Elombah.com / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Azibaola Roberts / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by mackay37(m): 1:34am On Jan 01, 2016
Abuja — The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC,  Monday night, arrested a serving colonel in the Nigerian Army over his alleged involvement in the sharing of money from the office of the National Security Adviser under Colonel Sambo Dasuki .
The arrest saw the anti graft agency deploying over two truckloads of  armed security personnel, who cordoned off the the residence of the colonel in the Apo district of the Federal Capital Territory where the operatives had to bring down the fence to gain entrance into the sprawling complex.
Vanguard gathered that the colonel (names withheld) served as a Special Assistant to the former National Security Adviser in charge of liaison with the Nigerian Army.
It was further gathered that upon arrival at the complex, the army officer locked himself up in one of the buildings while the EFCC operatives laid siege until about 10pm when he was moved to the EFCC headquarters for interrogation.
Although the serving army officer had earlier been arrested by the EFCC and questioned, it appeared he was released on bail before he was picked up again and detained by the anti graft agency.
Vanguard gathered that when operatives of the EFCC went back to the house to effect a search on the property, the officer resisted and barricaded the gate, forcing the operatives to bring it down before taking him away again to their facility for detention.
On Wednesday evening, the officer was again taken to his house where a search was reportedly conducted. But when the officer was asked to open one of the safes in the house, he refused to oblige, forcing the operatives to force it open before taking away some vital documents.
A senior official of the commission, who spoke with Vanguard, confirmed the arrest of the army colonel, saying the arrest was in connection with the on-going investigation into arms deal by the former NSA, Sambo Dasuki.
“Yes, we have in our custody a serving army colonel who was a Special Assistant to the former NSA. His name featured in several deals and want to find out his role in the arms funds. He is still in our custody,” the source, who declined to be named, told Vanguard.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/dasukigate-efcc-arrests-serving-colonel/

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by fran6co(m): 1:38am On Jan 01, 2016
FTC...ON THE FIRST DAY OF D YEAR.
SO SWEET STARTING D YEAR ON TOP...I
DEDICATE THIS PIECE OF SPACE TO MY PRESIDENT... AND TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE WHO HAS BEEN HERE WITH ME FOR OVER THREE YEARS.....AND FINALLY I WISH. ALL NAIRALANDERS A SUPERB YEAR FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS. MAY D LORD GUIDE AND PROTECT U.
..........................................................................................PLS MY COMPATRIOTS REMEMBER TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND FLEE FROM CRIME CAUSE CHANGE IS HERE.................

8 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by ORACLE1975(m): 1:43am On Jan 01, 2016
Mr President, make sure something good come out of this dasukigate NIGERIA are tired of all this que about jail today arrest tomorrow we need result

6 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by olumide81(m): 1:45am On Jan 01, 2016
this is one thing about shabby/inconclusive investigation, why arrest him now, what if he had fleed before now, with proper usage of technology, a net can catch all its fishes at a go.

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by emzila(m): 1:49am On Jan 01, 2016
ANOTHER SPECIAL CORNER HAS JUST BEEN CREATED IN KIRIKIRI.
WHEN BABA HOLD YOU LIKE THIS, YOU WILL EVEN DISCOURAGE YOUR LOVED ONES FROM EVERY ATTEMPT TO WRESTLE YOU FROM HIS HAND. IF YOU THINK I AM LYING, ASK THAT EX-GOVERNOR, SANTA DASUKI'S( THROUGH HIS WIFE) AND IN BABA'S VOICE, THAT ONE YOU CALL KANU, THEY WILL EXPLAIN BETTER

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by SmartMugu: 1:57am On Jan 01, 2016
When will this Dasuki money finish? If everyone is arrested and detained over this money, how much then did Dasuki himself get?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by kokoA(m): 1:57am On Jan 01, 2016
With that look on Baba's face during the media chat, I'm already beginning to feel sorry of anybody that will be arrested in connection with this Dasukigate. cry

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by okosodo: 1:58am On Jan 01, 2016
media arresting, hallmark of a propaganda government. trust me, nothing will happen

4 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by spidey77: 1:58am On Jan 01, 2016
I'm not saying the colonel is clean; but brethren if this government keeps arresting people who are are on bail. Then wat d f**k are they taking them to court for....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by Oche211(m): 1:59am On Jan 01, 2016
This dasukigate seems to be competing with the gate of hell for the gate that will allow in more potential tenants. Bt dasukigate guarantees u a room in kirikiri or kuje.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by kokoA(m): 2:02am On Jan 01, 2016
spidey77:
I'm not saying the colonel is clean; but brethren if this government keeps arresting people who are are on bail. Then wat d f**k are they taking them to court for....
ehmm ehmm, are you saying the monies should be flogged out of them and then they can be shot at close range? shocked

35 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by CecyAdrian(f): 2:09am On Jan 01, 2016
kokoA:
ehmm ehmm, are you saying the monies should be flogged out of them and then they can be shot at close range? shocked

Lol

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by spidey77: 2:14am On Jan 01, 2016
kokoA:

No bro, am saying there is something called rule of law....if you choose which and which court order to obey, why have courts den.....d last time I checked, DAT dude was on bail

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by TimeManager(m): 2:19am On Jan 01, 2016
If Efcc can be this audacious, then we can smile again. A herd of sheep led by a lion is better than a pride of lions led by a sheep.2016 begins with CHANGE.

No Lie Only Truth!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by kokoA(m): 2:28am On Jan 01, 2016
spidey77:

No bro, am saying there is something called rule of law....if you choose which and which court order to obey, why have courts den.....d last time I checked, DAT dude was on bail
FG has decided to play their game with them this time around. Usually these people are charged to court on 100 plus charges, they get a very good criminal minded SAN as a lawyer (there's a very popular one I don't want to mention), then they are granted bail and they start prolonging the case using nonsense adjournment and Ghana must go influenced injunctions here and there. Now! Instead of slamming them with such charges at once, FG is dishing them out "small-small" grin So, when they face one judge for some charges, he grants them bail, they are "released" and immediately they step out of prison, they are rearrested again to face fresh charges grin in so doing they can be kept in jail for long and the trial process will hasten up. This is totally in order. I can see Prof. Itse Shagay is advising Baba well grin

116 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by MOA15(m): 2:36am On Jan 01, 2016
kokoA:
With that look on Baba's face during the media chat, I'm already beginning to feel sorry of anybody that will be arrested in connection with this Dasukigate. cry
I saw the anger on baba's face

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by dustydee: 2:59am On Jan 01, 2016
Good one by the EFCC. Who's next?

10 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by jomoh: 3:02am On Jan 01, 2016
spidey77:

There's no law that says you cannot be rearrested on fresh grounds after you've been bailed.

So there's no law that was broken.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by yemmynoni: 3:38am On Jan 01, 2016
SmartMugu:
When will this Dasuki money finish? If everyone is arrested and detained over this money, how much then did Dasuki himself get?
do the mathematics your self $2.2 billion

10 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by yemmynoni: 3:42am On Jan 01, 2016
kokoA:
FG has decided to play their game with them this time around. Usually these people are charged to court on 100 plus charges, they get a very good criminal minded SAN as a lawyer (there's a very popular one I don't want to mention), then they are granted bail and they start prolonging the case using nonsense adjournment and Ghana must go influenced injunctions here and there. Now! Instead of slamming them with such charges at once, FG is dishing them out "small-small" grin So, when they face one judge for some charges, he grants them bail, they are "released" and immediately they step out of prison, they are rearrested again to face fresh charges grin in so doing they can be kept in jail for long and the trial process will hasten up. This is totally in order. I can see Prof. Itse Shagay is advising Baba well grin
gbam!!! You nail it

41 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by ziccoit: 3:54am On Jan 01, 2016
Majority of those who are shouting of rule of law, fundamental human rights bla bla bla, without considering the fundamental human wrongs these few thieves perpetrated against fundamental human rights of N170M Nigerians, have their aims. They know fully well that, as the time goes, Mr Hero will be ask to come out and answer some questions which may eventually see him being prosecuted and possibly jailed for the first time in the history of this country.

If Hausa/Fulani has not been defending Dasuki, I don't see any other reason why his bulk of supporters should be from a part of this country away from his origin.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by slimfit1(m): 3:59am On Jan 01, 2016
kokoA:

Common sense prevail my brother this is what we call serious one oh rule of law still on course then why are people shouting.

13 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by LordMecuzy(m): 4:10am On Jan 01, 2016
I am sorry for anyone that got involved in this Dasuki financial scandal with the looks on Baba's face when they asked about Dasuki Hmmmmmmmm..

Na On Your Own Things Oh

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by jmichlins(m): 4:26am On Jan 01, 2016
SmartMugu:
in Igbo we call that kind of unlimited supply as "orimiri atata" meaning that the sea never dries. When you have the CBN, Forex, and even foreign reserve as your personal savings account, then you will understand what am talking about

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by edo3(m): 5:23am On Jan 01, 2016
olumide81:
this is one thing about shabby/inconclusive investigation, why arrest him now, what if he had fleed before now, with proper usage of technology, a net can catch all its fishes at a go.
Flee go where? A serving officer..

9 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by SmartMugu: 6:14am On Jan 01, 2016
yemmynoni:
do the mathematics your self $2.2 billion
He must not have had partying friends. The type of people I know will make that money disappear within a few weeks.

SARCASM INTENDED...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by aieromon(m): 6:43am On Jan 01, 2016
Good job EFCC.......these people almost collapsed the economy by withdrawing money directly from the CBN in hard currency. Slam them with the charges one after the other.

Military tact + Legal warlord = Brilliant team

God bless PMB
God bless VYO
God bless Nigeria

21 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by aieromon(m): 6:48am On Jan 01, 2016
olumide81:

A serving colonel flee? You sabi wetin be AWOL?

Fleeing is an admission of guilt....those people that think they are safe outside the country are just delaying their judgement.PMB did a lot of travelling to seek for support in this anti-corruption drive. These countries just want proof and the EFCC will give it to them. Its either they come back to face the allegations or they get tried in their hideouts.I'm sure they will prefer to be tried in Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Serving Colonel by amaechi1: 7:04am On Jan 01, 2016
spidey77:

My brother, does the rule of law also being applied to that common man that only stole a loaf agege bread in the street and has been on waiting trial for 10 years.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Justin Welby, The Archbishop Of England (Photos) / See Where We Need You, Lagos Residents Tell Ambode / PDP Members Celebrating Supreme Court Victory (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.