Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,459 members, 7,850,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! (979 Views)

Biko, Is Good For This A Lady To Be D0ing This To H3rself When H3r Husband Tra / Alcohol-loving Nigerian Couple Gets Prewedding Pics Sponsored By Alcohol Brand / Alcohol Is A Bad Girl ???? I Dont Like Her See What She Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by OkunrinMeta: 4:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
The Wonders of Alcohol

I am all for exercising restraint and moderation when it comes to alcohol consumption. Nevertheless, there are some basic truths about alcohol that people will just not tell you. I have listened to a colleague ask what the point of alcohol is. I didn’t answer that question, I wish I did….. but I know why I didn’t answer. The reason I did not answer is simply that I wasn’t tipsy. For me, and for a lot of people, a big bottle of vodka beside my bed has been a tremendous help to my life and sanity.

In addition, I believe a lot of people are presently suffering from psychological ailments that can be cured or effectively managed with a regular shot of vodka in the morning. Ok before I start to blab, let me take a minute to organize my thoughts. Below are the reasons why I believe alcohol can be employed with wisdom for good.

Have you ever seen one of those people who seem to be forever happy, I mean those who seem so happy all the time that you begin to wonder if they have any ambition for their life. Forgive me if that sounds somehow, but you will also think along that line when you see someone who seems to be wasting away yet they are so much happier than successful people. Such people are unfairly favored by nature with the ability to stay happy come what may. With their latent skills, they easily develop much more impressive social contacts and networks than that promising young man that seems to be forever lost in his own head.

That young man seriously wants to show the world how interesting he can be but it’s just not in his nature. Inwardly, he knows he is more interesting than the clown jumping about pretending to be funny. I am describing myself here, I am one of the smartest people I know, it’s not pride, but a fact. Yet, I live an awkward lifestyle because I suffer from periodic and powerful mood swings that make others feel awkward around me and hence they tend to avoid me even though I can be a very interesting person.

And then a little vodka saves the day!
With the tiniest ingestion of alcohol, dramatic changes begin to happen in my social skills. This is often counterproductive because up till now, I only take alcohol occasionally. So when people see me with a bright new smile, they can easily guess it is cause of the alcohol, especially in social gatherings.

Imagine!
So imagine what would happen, if I keep a bottle of vodka by my bed and sip a little every morning! That way, the happy okunrinmeta is seen every day, every week and every time of the day. I will let you know what becomes of this experiment which was borne out of my new-year resolution.

Ok, I’ll be back to tell you all how it goes later, have a wonderful new year. Till later… In the meantime, please buy yourself a bottle of vodka, life will be a much better place if we are all just a little bit tipsy. Chao!

@lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
Kidney failure is calling your name.

Honestly if you're going to rely on alcohol to get a social life you're very sad. No offence.

2 Likes

Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by OkunrinMeta: 6:36pm On Jan 01, 2016
YourMain:
Kidney failure is calling your name.

Honestly if you're going to rely on alcohol to get a social life you're very sad. No offence.

If you think I care about comments from stupid people with no sense of humor, then you're very sad.
If you are so sure kidney failure will kill me, then tell me what will kill you?

1 Like

Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
OkunrinMeta:

If you think I care about comments from stupid people with no sense of humor, then you're very sad.
If you are so sure kidney failure will kill me, then tell me what will kill you?

Not kidney failure that's for sure tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by OkunrinMeta: 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
YourMain:

Not kidney failure that's for sure tongue

Because only people who take alcohol have kidney failure and every one who take alcohol in moderate amount like I described end up with kidney failure. I like how you think. Stupidity is more likely to kill you than kidney failure. Mumu
Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2016
OkunrinMeta:

Because only people who take alcohol have kidney failure and every one who take alcohol in moderate amount like I described end up with kidney failure. I like how you think. Stupidity is more likely to kill you than kidney failure. Mumu

Still better than kidney failure!

Lol I'm the stupid one. You're doing something that you know 100% will damage you and I'm dumb ? Lol. Okay smiley

I'm not even against drinking. Bottoms up!

2 Likes

Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by OkunrinMeta: 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2016
YourMain:

Lol I'm the stupid one. You're doing something that you know 100% will damage you and I'm dumb ? Lol. Okay smiley

There is something seriously wrong in how you reason. Is it that you dont understand sarcasm or can't comprehend. Or maybe you need to read the article again to see how much alcohol I recomended. I hate talking with self righteous fools. I'll stop this here.
Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
OkunrinMeta:

There is something seriously wrong in how you reason. Is it that you dont understand sarcasm or can't comprehend. Or maybe you need to read the article again to see how much alcohol I recomended. I hate talking with self righteous fools. I'll stop this here.

Sigh. If you take a shot of vodka every morning one day it'll stop doing anything for you. Then you'll take two shots. Then three. Then you've kidney failure.
Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by Rilwayne001: 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2016

^^ Punchlines, hehe, one of those reason why I love her. wink grin
Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by OkunrinMeta: 9:31pm On Jan 01, 2016
YourMain:

Sigh. If you take a shot of vodka every morning one day it'll stop doing anything for you. Then you'll take two shots. Then three. Then you've kidney failure.

And you know this how? How much research have you done on the subject. Your conclusion that I will die of kidney failure is based on an assumption that I will become addicted and drink heavily. You need to watch what you say to people. Because it's a faceless forum does not mean you should talk death, assuming something that might never happen.
Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by OkunrinMeta: 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
Rilwayne001:

^^ Punchlines, hehe, one of those reason why I love her. wink grin
You need to get busy, she won't like you just because you stalk her up and down like a fool acting the sidekick. Think. Enough said
Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
OkunrinMeta:

And you know this how? How much research have you done on the subject. Your conclusion that I will die of kidney failure is based on an assumption that I will become addicted and drink heavily. You need to watch what you say to people. Because it's a faceless forum does not mean you should talk death, assuming something that might never happen.

I didn't even mention death oo. But you're right. I apologise. I pray you don't die from kidney failure.
Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by Rilwayne001: 9:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
OkunrinMeta:

You need to get busy, she won't like you just because you stalk her up and down like a fool acting the sidekick. Think. Enough said

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3248024_54549217_jpegf9726eb20af36b9e3cebd37c33b8042f

grin grin grin
Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by OkunrinMeta: 9:56pm On Jan 01, 2016
YourMain:

I didn't even mention death oo. But you're right. I apologise. I pray you don't die from kidney failure.
I think now we're fine. Happy new year!
Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by OkunrinMeta: 9:57pm On Jan 01, 2016
Re: Why Alcohol Is Good For You! Notajokingstuff! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
Just passing

(1) (Reply)

How To Follow A Doctors Prescription: (common Abbreviations).. / What Happened When He Took His GF To A Restaurant (shockingly Interesting) / Some People Can Really Be Crazy..smh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.