Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer (23532 Views)

Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip / Buhari Hasn’t Apologised To Senate – Presidency / Biafra: Why Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others –lawyer January 2, 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by anticabal1: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2016
StOla:

Anticabal1, don't you think it's time to give up these denials?

See my post below on your thread where you concluded that the written apology was a ruse.

https://www.nairaland.com/2833547/kanus-apology-couldnt-been-true#41513857

Now I guess the refutation, as I advised, of the alleged apology in court will never come.

all these are big grammar. the dss have kanu. Call a press conference and get kanu give the apology as was done in obua's case. if they are confident. I know even you don not believe the phantom apology but because your desperately want to have a moral victory over biafrans, you pretend to believe it. Too bad, buhari can only get the apology in 4015. it's a promise grin
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by Super1Star: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2016
Ipods are still living in denial.

Your cowardly Messiahic Ayatollah Lunatic Bleaching Yellow Pawpaw apologised, cry us holy water.

I thought they will even do better by calling Kanu's lawyer , Yoruba man.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by irondome: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2016
Well at least, IPOB warriors shouldn't have any more trouble in believing that Kanu actually did apologize.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by StOla: 9:32am On Jan 02, 2016
anticabal1:

all these are big grammar. the dss have kanu. Call a press conference and get kanu give the apology as was done in obua's case. if they are confident. I know even you don not believe the phantom apology but because your desperately want to have a moral victory over biafrans, you pretend to believe it. Too bad, buhari can only get the apology in 4015. it's a promise grin

I believe you just described your own innermost feelings of denial, in an attempt to wish away a psychological defeat that has long occurred.

You tried so much to believe it was a ruse, but now you know the lawyer was a poorly trained one who now has to admit that what the papers reported as the apology in a statement the accused gave to the DSS cannot be wished away.

He wrote it with his shivering hand. He has been broken. He no longer looks down on a whole country calling it a zoo. He has been put behind bars like an animal in the zoo, and is brought out for display in the king's court for the entertainment of all.

The proud and arrogant has been humbled. The Nigerian law put forth its arm in strength and scattered the proud hearted.

Apparently, there were no elders in his community to caution him, hence he had continued without regard for law. Now the sleeping elders have awoken, claiming they had no knowledge of what had been transpiring with their son's hate propaganda.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by praise007: 9:37am On Jan 02, 2016
Ellidude:

Photo of Nnamdi Kanu

A lawyer to the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra and founder of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, Mr. Vincent Obetta, has said “there is nothing irregular” about the apology tendered by his client to President Muahammadu Buhari, former President Goodluck Jonathan and Igbo elders for his “uncomplimentary” comments against them.

Obetta was earlier quoted in online reports as denying that his client tendered such apology as exclusively reported by The PUNCH.

But the lawyer, in a statement which he sent to our correspondent on Thursday, explained that what he denied on behalf of his client was speculation that Kanu had written letters of apology to Buhari, Jonathan and Igbo elders.

He confirmed that Kanu tendered the apology in his statement to the Department of State Service on realising that some of the things he said against Buhari and others were uncomplimentary considering the culture and values of the African society.

He said, “I denied the ruse making the rounds that my client apologised via a letter to President Muhammadu Buhari, former President Goodluck Jonathan and some Igbo elders.

“I also challenged any reporter to forward to me a copy of the written letter addressed to the President et al. I still maintain my ground that my client Mazi Nnamdi Kanu did not address any letter of apology whatsoever to Buhari, Jonathan and Igbo elders.

“However, I am aware that in the course of making his statements to the SSS (DSS), he acknowledged the fact that certain words he used on these persons/elders during his broadcast were ‘uncomplimentary’ considering the culture and values of the African society to which he belongs.

“He further stated that he might write a letter of apology to the President to express his regret over the use of such words on him. But up until this moment, such letter, to my knowledge, has not been written. And I challenge anybody that has a copy of such to make it public.”

The PUNCH had reported that Kanu in an October 23, 2015 statement which he made to the DSS, expressed regrets for referring to President Buhari, as a terrorist, evil and a paedophile in a broadcast on Radio Biafra.

The PUNCH had however reported that the 48-year-old pro-Biafra agitation leader, who has been in the custody of the DSS since his arrest in Lagos on October 14, 2015, was unapologetic in his statement about his demand for a Republic of Biafra.

Link: http://www.punchng.com/why-kanu-apologised-to-buhari-others-lawyer/

Apology is Apology .Oga lawyer that one na story

3 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by irondome: 9:43am On Jan 02, 2016
anticabal1:

This chest beating would only achieve one thing--- push Kanu to his demise or lengthy incarceration. And guess what? I don't pity him one bit because likewise, his several comments have pushed a number of naive igbos to their death.

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by hollywater: 9:59am On Jan 02, 2016
tuale4u:

U can continue to live in denial by deceiving only urself. It is easy for you to deny. Let DSS arrest you for only week, then you will know Kanu apologised. Do u know what it means to be in custody for months? Even die hard CIA agents do apologise in custody let alone Kanu.
And what do you mean by deny?What is denying has to do with my comment?
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 02, 2016
It can be truly concluded that kanu wrote the apology letter and felt remorse for his unguided utterances and actions. The lawyer is just trying to sit on the fence so that kanu would not be perceived as a traitor and coward in front of his gullible followers, a typical of lawyer's attitude. Scores of IPOB youths with bright future have killed themselves all in the name of randy kanu, same fate that befell millions of biafrans and eventually their then leader, ojukwu regretted starting the struggles. Let it be known to all that the era of impunity has gone, we now have a leader that takes the bull by the horn.

God bless PMB
God the bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by MayorofLagos(m): 10:06am On Jan 02, 2016
The letter said, and the lawyer confirms, he "regrets"......

In other words, he is "sober".

grin grin grin

Is this the man Biafrans were betting their lives on to lead them out of the zoo?

Congratulations to Biafrans that mazi was captured early in his madness before he had led you all too far down his abysmal ambition. You would have ended worse with this tortoise neck guy than you did with the bearded maniac.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by anticabal1: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2016
StOla:

I believe you just described your own innermost feelings of denial, in an attempt to wish away a psychological defeat that has long occurred.

You tried so much to believe it was a ruse, but now you know the lawyer was a poorly trained one who now has to admit that what the papers reported as the apology in a statement the accused gave to the DSS cannot be wished away.

He wrote it with his shivering hand. He has been broken. He no longer looks down on a whole country calling it a zoo. He has been put behind bars like an animal in the zoo, and is brought out for display in court for the entertainment of all.

The proud and arrogant has been humbled. The Nigerian law put forth its arm in strength and scattered the proud hearted.

Apparently, there were no elders in his community to caution him, hence he had continued without regard for law. Now the sleeping elders have awoken, claiming they had no knowledge of what had been transpiring with their son's hate propaganda.

keep up feeling good with the self-denial with your fake apologies and phantom "maryam ibezimako". It's keeps you and your buhari away from your anti-hypertension pill. At least the mortuary workers can enjoy their rest for now. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by TimeManager(m): 10:22am On Jan 02, 2016
All these Nairaland Ipob youths are extremely wicked. The fear of half-cooked beans humbled Kanu to apologise. His lawyer came out to deny, meanwhile,Kanu threatened to fire him for his unreasonableness, he is back to admit the proven claim. The fear of Dss beans is the begining of wisdom. The beans don dey reset hin brain.

No be lie na true!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by cheruv: 10:22am On Jan 02, 2016
Ioannes:

a typical response of a classic ******* who can't construct an intelligent response to an intelligent post.

I asked u some questions,you can as well reply. but I guess the questions are way over your head.
Grammar grammar grammar angrycheesy
See...I really don't have time to argue with Ovei' people this beautiful shabbat morn cool
Afterall its not today I started seeing busybodies wey be **** undecided
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 02, 2016
cheruv:

Grammar grammar grammar angrycheesy
See...I really don't have time to argue with Ovei' people this beautiful shabbat morn cool
Afterall its not today I started seeing busybodies wey be imbe undecided

thanks for corroborating my earlier post.

way above your head. toddle off.

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by TimeManager(m): 10:37am On Jan 02, 2016
@anticabal1 Oga Ade, stop all this your Obua joke biko. Dss had to clear the air on the rumour of odua's death from rumour monger like you,as a matter of national concern, a different kettle of fish to kanu's who is as fit as the cage.
Admit it or not Dss beans don dey reset hin brain.
Nobody will be allowed to hold nigeria to ransome- PMB

The truth has spoken!

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by cheruv: 10:41am On Jan 02, 2016
Ioannes:

thanks for corroborating my earlier post.

way above your head. toddle off.
Alert###
***one zombie identified*

Go,next time don't be a busybody cool
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by itunu8(f): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2016
egift:

That miscreant has ran out of ideas. Am sure he collapsed when he saw the expression on the face of Buhari when talking about "one so called Nnamdi Kanu" grin grin grin grin

No no thats not the way he said it.. He said ....and the one u are kwalin Kalu grin grin i laff fall for chair grin
His expression was priceless. Anyway mr KALU is lucky Pmb said he will let d court deal with him. I think that fair enough and people should stop calling him a dictator

4 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by CltrAltDel: 10:47am On Jan 02, 2016
bifraqueen. ...u don see this thread. Is this fake too

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by magicminister: 11:19am On Jan 02, 2016
why do i have a feeling kanu will spend a while in jail...
say 5-20 years¬

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by bareal(m): 11:25am On Jan 02, 2016
Ellidude:

Photo of Nnamdi Kanu

A lawyer to the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra and founder of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, Mr. Vincent Obetta, has said “there is nothing irregular” about the apology tendered by his client to President Muahammadu Buhari, former President Goodluck Jonathan and Igbo elders for his “uncomplimentary” comments against them.

Obetta was earlier quoted in online reports as denying that his client tendered such apology as exclusively reported by The PUNCH.

But the lawyer, in a statement which he sent to our correspondent on Thursday, explained that what he denied on behalf of his client was speculation that Kanu had written letters of apology to Buhari, Jonathan and Igbo elders.

He confirmed that Kanu tendered the apology in his statement to the Department of State Service on realising that some of the things he said against Buhari and others were uncomplimentary considering the culture and values of the African society.

He said, “I denied the ruse making the rounds that my client apologised via a letter to President Muhammadu Buhari, former President Goodluck Jonathan and some Igbo elders.

“I also challenged any reporter to forward to me a copy of the written letter addressed to the President et al. I still maintain my ground that my client Mazi Nnamdi Kanu did not address any letter of apology whatsoever to Buhari, Jonathan and Igbo elders.

“However, I am aware that in the course of making his statements to the SSS (DSS), he acknowledged the fact that certain words he used on these persons/elders during his broadcast were ‘uncomplimentary’ considering the culture and values of the African society to which he belongs.

“He further stated that he might write a letter of apology to the President to express his regret over the use of such words on him. But up until this moment, such letter, to my knowledge, has not been written. And I challenge anybody that has a copy of such to make it public.”

The PUNCH had reported that Kanu in an October 23, 2015 statement which he made to the DSS, expressed regrets for referring to President Buhari, as a terrorist, evil and a paedophile in a broadcast on Radio Biafra.

The PUNCH had however reported that the 48-year-old pro-Biafra agitation leader, who has been in the custody of the DSS since his arrest in Lagos on October 14, 2015, was unapologetic in his statement about his demand for a Republic of Biafra.

Link: http://www.punchng.com/why-kanu-apologised-to-buhari-others-lawyer/

Heyah.. this laywer is obviously confused. sorry!!!
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by dantobi: 11:34am On Jan 02, 2016
If I may ask what is he apologising for hausa peolple normally say for u to start a bad dance is better to remain still
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by mrDennis(m): 11:44am On Jan 02, 2016
alrahmanonline:
If the lawyer have been there with him in detention, he wouldn't have denied in the first place, you think say dss detention be like your normal room and parlour... this is the place where you'll see your Mama wey you go dey call am papa...

after a kidnap saga happened in ekosodin (an off camp bordering uniben campus). dss moved into the area.
suddenly same cultist wey dey terrorise Jews start to dey greet everyone good morning lol.
a suspected blueblood in bdpa was whisked away from his hostel by dss operatives after close to a month where he and others weren't even given access to lawyers or family. he was released. sha but left Skul .
anyway heard he's now a born-again xtian .. he has found GOD lmaoo
uwazirike enter dss wahala came out and no dey talk anyhow again in fact u would have noticed he created a new group during this saga (BIM) since some Massob members are join ipob to protest b4 DSS go come ask am question .

when GOD takes u out of the lions den... u Wont wanna go back .

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by Henesi2010(m): 11:48am On Jan 02, 2016
story story grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 02, 2016
hollywater:
I still doubt this news. But for the facts this was tender since 23rd of October 2015 and we are hearing it now, is what i don't understand what DSS and FG is trying to make out of it. Free the freedom fighter for God sake.
Nnamdi KANU is not a freedom fighter.He is a common criminal.Why is he hiding his identity.The reasonable ones among the Igbo should now realise that he can't be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by prof12(m): 11:53am On Jan 02, 2016
Silly idiots. They are all confused lots.
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by xtropy: 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
After denying that Kanu apologised, he's now saying this.

You seem too slow to understand...since Oct 23, 2015 and it is over 2 months now and an apology letter surfaces after Kanu lambasted a DSS personnel for trying to prevent him from seeing his lawyer in the high court premises.

Kanu's lawyer said, “I denied the ruse making the rounds that my client apologised via a letter to President Muhammadu Buhari, former President Goodluck Jonathan and some Igbo elders.

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by cyrilamx(m): 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
Kanu lawyer should stop beating about the bush. Apology, whether in written form or orally, still remain apology. It is obvious that since Kanu's incarceration in DSS' cell, his psychic reasoning is now functioning properly. Now he is remorseful ever employing such derogatory words against PMB, Gej and others. I guess the more he stays, the more he learns.. I concur with Fr. Mbaka's sermon denouncing the allege marginalisation of igbos. For 16years the igbos have held 'juicy' position in Nigeria emerging democracy, yet they never took to the streets to protest their alleged marginalisation. When Ifeanyi Uba, coordinator of defunct TAN now metamorphosed into IPOB held the entire country to ransom with lies on the transformation agenda of the last admin and why gej should come back, IPOB never shouted marginalisation. In Mbaka's word, igbos should hold their elected representatives culpable for the neglect they facing now PMB. If the igbos really love their own, while did they vote overwhelmingly against Ojukwu when he twice campaigned for president (2003,2007)- the man who started the biafra dream they now resurrecting? The igbos, I maintained committed political suicide when they, in their bigoted hatred for PMB followed gej and pdp blindly despite twice violating his promise of giving them 2nd Niger bridge. Politics is about majority, calculations and alliances, at times if you want to succeed, you must align with a less potent enemy to defeat a more ferocious enemy. The US and Britain despite their resentment of communist Russia, had no choice but to pull forces with them to defeat Nazi Germany and facist Japan at the height of the second world war, because the latter were more dangerous. Same line the igbos have to toe if they hope to get the presidency...romance with the north politically-since you already have economy marriage with them, to get what you yearn for. Truth is the Biafra project is dead on arrival. I don't see how the igbos scattered all over Nigeria will sacrifice their means of lively-hood and huge investment to queue behind a man they actually don't know his true motives.

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by xtropy: 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
cyrilamx:
Kanu lawyer should stop beating about the bush. Apology, whether in written form or orally, still remain apology. It is obvious that since Kanu's incarceration in DSS' cell, his psychic reason is now functioning properly. Now he is remorseful ever employing such derogatory words against PMB, Gej and others. I guess the more he stays, the more he learns..

Sell your false story to the dogs and stop bleating around because a people have chosen to have a separate existence from lazy ass-lickers, parasites, treasury looters, never-do-wells and imperialists.
If you can't take it go hit your head on a brick wall.

" I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice." - Nnamdi Kanu, Dec 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vYxXAQYKyX0

There was drama at a Federal High Court in Abuja today, December 23, when Nnamdi Kanu, the director of Radio Biafra and a leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) made an objection in court.
But instead of answering the clerk’s question, Kanu began by saying he has an objection to make. His counsel, Vincent Obetta, in his advice urged his client to wait for the case to be fully mentioned before any further objection.
After the clerk was done with calling of the case and the accused person, the judge, A. R. Mohammed, said: “It will be good to appreciate and take into consideration the objection raised by the defendant.”

At the judge’s permission, Nnamdi Kanu went further with his objection.
He said: “Thank you very much my lordship, but my objection is that I will not receive a fair trial before this court. The information I got is that I will not receive a fair trial before this court.
“I will not sacrifice the due process of law because of speedy court process over the principle of natural process on the altar of speedy release. In other words, I would rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice.
“Your lordship, previous court rulings have been given by courts of competent jurisdiction in this country, Nigeria which were not carried out by the DSS.”

The prosecuting counsel, Mohammed Diri, having heard the objections of the defendant said: “First, he objects trial by your lordship because he believes he is not going to get fair trail. Two, he said, the trial before your lordship will amount to perversion of justice.
“He said the rule of the law is clear and that the defendant may object to his trial at any time.
“Your lordship before the defendant can object to his trial, he has to file an application objecting his trial before this court.”
He said in that application the defendant is expected to exhibit special evidences why he should not be tried by a particular court.
Diri said that this will enable the court and the prosecutors to properly reply to the defendant.
“And this has not been done in this case,” he added.
Quoting section 396 sub section of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, Diri said an objection trial may be raised by the defendant only after the plea of the defendant is taken, but not before.
Diri said: “My lordship, what the defendant just did is putting the cart before the horse.”
He further urged the court to overrule the objection of the first defendant and order that the charges filed by the prosecution before the court be read to the three defendants for the purpose of taking their plea.

In his reply, the defending counsel said the argument by Diri is only an effort to puncture his client’s objection, adding that he is in tandem with the objection made by Kanu.
“We believe that whatever comes out of this court should be justice for the three parties – the state, the court and the accused persons,” Obetta said.

But in his ruling, Mohammed said he sees nothing wrong in the defendant’s objection.
Defining Kanu as someone who is learned and understands the legalities of his objection, Mohammed said the first defendant is not objecting the validity of the charges against him but on the confidence he has in the court.
He added that there is nothing wrong with the defendant’s objection which he (the judge) said is in order.
Mohammed also said that he was standing down from the case as Kanu had the right to reject the trial, saying: “After all justice is rooted on confidence. If any of the parties has no confidence in the court, he has the right to say so.”
He noted that the prosecution would have done the same thing if they were in Kanu’s shoes.
Mohammed, therefore, said: “I therefore remit this case file to the chief judge of this court to take necessary action.”

https://www.naij.com/676200-id-rather-remain-detention-drama-court-nnamdi-kanu-refuses-take-plea.html
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by wiseoneking: 12:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
kolawaxxy:
those shameless people will still believe that kanu their messiah never apologized. grin. I dey laff o
Shameless people that your tribe cannot afford to loose. If Biafra goes, you region would collapse. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by wiseoneking: 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
PassingShot:
This Kanu will soon find out that he is already in deep shiit. That's if he has not found that out already.

By the time he spends a year in custody of DSS he will understand that freedom of expression has limit just like any other form of freedom.

When we say not all educated people are literate in the true sense of it, some people think say na lie. Kanu is a typical example of an educated illiterate.
the igbos rules every where you go. Check out your next igbo neigbour and compare him with your people. Igbo trends: education, science and tech, trade and commerce, industry and beauty but never in owambe-entertainment and trado-culture. Hapi nu yr.

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu Apologised To Buhari, Others – Lawyer by figment232(m): 12:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ellidude:
It's funny how someone sees the obvious and denies it and reinstates it again. This man is that someone. grin
Methinks he's confused on how to take up his case.
don't blame him,he is only using LAI MOHAMMED template

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Troops Neutralize 7 Boko Haram Insurgents In Borno,recover Weapons(photos) / 2019 Presidency: SERAP Reacts To Atiku’s Plan To Grant Amnesty To Looters / APC Governors Demand Arrest Of Interim Government (ING) Sponsors (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.