Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone (38429 Views)

7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone / How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension / God Will Continue To Bless Airtel Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

Microsoft wasn't the cause of nokia problems but Stephen Elop
It was the mumu that sign the yeye deal na.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by ucnwafor(m): 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
marshalcarter:
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
funny u dude, they are talking of business here and you reading the alphabet.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 8:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
zzzzy:
Microsoft is very innovative and I'm a big fan of them. I'm sure they'll fix Nokia right.
Am a fan too but microsoft has fear! Confused and move at very slow pace.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
lezz:
http://bgr.com/2014/10/02/iphone-6-vs-htc-one-m8-vs-galaxy-s5/

Not only is the iPhone 6 faster than Samsung S5 and HTC M8, it best both in smoothness and fluidity.

There's a reason game vendors and high 3D game makers have so many title not available for android.

By stability, I mean frequency or time lap for glitches and hesitations or stuttering or freezing to occur. It is more frequent in android than in IOS.

You claim you know about tech and you are giving me bgr to read.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Blackberry is still not successful!
Nor is windows is!
The only mistake nokia made was signing microsoft deal!
Iphone can't make such mistakes cos they are independent and the os is already too big!

You see BBC aint the same thing with OS.

If you ask someone why he can't buy a windows phone, he would say apps.

Ios and android already has millions of apps.

For another os to attain that level...its gonna take a lot of money and time.
Every business has it's strength, weak point and opportunities available to them. IPhone you see and hear today are concentrating on higher class not knowing that things are changing. Yes they have patent right to their operating system but they haven't forgotten that this so called rich or high class will stop buying their phones soon. The world is going on recession as some countries are experiencing recession gradually. The so called rich will start saving to avoid hunger in years to come going by the trend in most countries. These economic trend affects all class of citizens making the demand for luxury to fall. Those countries still using iPhone now is as a result of good economy.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by zzzzy: 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
hilseger:

I gave my iphon 4s to my 2 years old girl to use as toy cos I regret buying it...iphone is f**kin boring and not friendly user...pls, don't tell me I'm POOR oo.
people using same smartphone as you filed lawsuits against apple because ios 9 was slow.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by zzzzy: 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Am a fan too but microsoft has fear! Confused and move at very slow pace.
what do you mean by fear, confused and move at very slow pace.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

Nope. Compare iPhone 6s Plus with top android oems(HTC M9, Samsung Note 5(S6 edge), Nexus 6P, Huawei mate 8, LG V10) and lets see the results of the fastest phone
Fine, I saw a realife speed test on youtube yesterday, and I love it! From now on, that's the only speed test I would listen too..no more benchmark. And according to the speed test, iPhone 6s Plus is still king...

Just watch as the iphone lest these other phones you mentioned behind...

Iphone 6s plus vs Galaxy Note 5 speed test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx6XaV2K8Go
If you check other videos from the channel, you will notice note 5 is the king of androids and beat the G4 with 1 second on the second lap.

Iphone 6s plus vs Nexus 6P and lumia 950 xl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI
Iphone break light was not even seen here.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

You claim you know about tech and you are giving me bgr to read.
I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow you here.

I don't claim to "know" about tech, I speak from experience as I have used IOS and all types of android.

You said M8 is smoother than iPhone 6, I figured a link will set it out more rightly.

Android is the most functional OS out there but also the least stable and least fluid. I haven't had a hands-on with Microsoft lumia since Nokia handed the reins to Microsoft, but they were smoother than androids.

I won't change my current phone --Samsung Note 4-- but its browsing experience, smoothness and stability is second tier.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
danidee10:

This is how you know a small kid insulting and ranting but can't make a single valid point even your title betrays you do you even know what outsell means

1. For your info Alienware is a subsidiary of Dell, They are not two different brands

2. Now i know what you're comparing, thanks for clarifying

3. You believe i'm stupid....it's your belief it's not confirmed yet and you have no way to prove it.

4. Yeah you're right about the rich not bordering about that....but why do average people who have stressed and stolen money just to own an iphone start telling me jailbreaking is like rooting, even the so-called rich that don't know anything about computing start telling me about how iphone is better than so so so....or how mac does so so so....my point is don't make mouth when you don't know something in and out (That's why i said that not cuz of the rich)

5. Don't run away from the truth...it dosen't even come near the Alienware even a custom built pc is cheaper and will perform better than mac, apple always try to restrict you so you'll end up paying more money to get upgrades....Try building a custom mac pc lemme see how far you'll get

6. Thank God you said it's their choice...i just hate it when you guys start bragging about how igadgets are the best ever when they're not...they're good and decent but not the best

7. This shows that you're still a kid....i didn't literally mean i would buy a land somewhere in one village. i'm just saying that the money can be used to do other useful stuff instead of dumping it on a single product....It's still their choice though

8. Can you even hear urself or read what you just typed....obviously you don't know anything about operating systems or computing in general....this is so stupid, i don't even know how to answer you...haven't you asked yourself why something that is well funded can't beat something that is free and open to the general public

finally at the end of the day, i think you need to go and read and research more before telling me to borrow brain cuz it's so obvious that you don't know much about computing....thanks

SMH....I can't argue with you...no time.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 9:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

To first prove to you that you don't know what you're saying, Google it self is an american company.

Secondly, there is no where in the world that a single brand out sold apple.
shut up. Samsung alone almost doubles iPhone sales. go do it research
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 9:06pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Fine, I saw a realife speed test on youtube yesterday, and I love it! From now on, that's the only speed test I would listen too..no more benchmark. And according to the speed test, iPhone 6s Plus is still king...

If you check other videos from the channel, you will notice note 5 is the king of androids and beat the G4 with 1 second on the second lap.

Let the Sweet Lord increase your knowledge abundantly.

Live YouTube test is the way to go. Do you know most android artificially increase operational speed once it sense a benchmark is being run?
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Calm down bro. You ain't taking a dime with all these. The last high end chipset was A9 which was employed in the last iPhones so if its faster than the Android counterparts, its simply cos of the chipset and the newest OS it runs on. It will displaced in 2-3 months times when android OEMS release their flagships running SD820 and Exynos 8890 and also equipped with MarshMallow

Regarding the speedtest, iPhone 6s plus wouldn't win in all categories. Launching of camera is faster on Samsung that others.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
zzzzy:
what do you mean by fear, confused and move at very slow pace.
They fear that they won't make sales, they are not doing well and the company is loosing money... So they are doing all sort of things which lead to them being...confused

They are confused cos they don't set their priorities right...the issues they are ment to have fixed in windows phone is pending, meanwhile there are busy adding features upon features..

And it took them more than a year to release a new flagship and drop new updates, meanwhile the updates were not too far. How do they want to catch up that way?
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Every business has it's strength, weak point and opportunities available to them. IPhone you see and hear today are concentrating on higher class not knowing that things are changing. Yes they have patent right to their operating system but they haven't forgotten that this so called rich or high class will stop buying their phones soon. The world is going on recession as some countries are experiencing recession gradually. The so called rich will start saving to avoid hunger in years to come going by the trend in most countries. These economic trend affects all class of citizens making the demand for luxury to fall. Those countries still using iPhone now is as a result of good economy.
Dude the iphone is not the most expensive phone! S6 edge and priv are more expensive! If apple falls, then all other might had already fallen. If any OS is going down, android will first. Look at the tablet market.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

Calm down bro. You ain't taking a dime with all these. The last high end chipset was A9 which was employed in the last iPhones so if its faster than the Android counterparts, its simply cos of the chipset and the newest OS it runs on. It will displaced in 2-3 months times when android OEMS release their flagships running SD820 and Exynos 8890 and also equipped with MarshMallow

Regarding the speedtest, iPhone 6s plus wouldn't win in all categories. Launching of camera is faster on Samsung that others.
Did you watch the video? Launching apps is generally faster on samsung but did you see where it fails worefully? Yes multitasking.

Plus nexus 6P came after the iphone 6s plus....so?
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by danidee10(m): 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

SMH....I can't argue with you...no time.

You're just acted like a typical apple fankid always running away when confronted with the truth....i promise you 5k recharge card of any network..if you can disprove this or come up with a good defense against this...if you can't keep quiet and go and read more before you try to reply or bash me again on any thread relating to technology....You can't reply cuz you have no response
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
lezz:
I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow you here.

I don't claim to "know" about tech, I speak from experience as I have used IOS and all types of android.

You said M8 is smoother than iPhone 6, I figured a link will set it out more rightly.

Android is the most functional OS out there but also the least stable and least fluid. I haven't had a hands-on with Microsoft lumia since Nokia handed the reigns to Microsoft, but they were smoother than androids.

I won't change my current phone --Samsung Note 4-- but its browsing experience, smoothness and stability is second tier.

I have heard you. BGR is the most biased site on earth.. You can never ever ever read anything good about Android on there. Go figure. I asked you to define what you meant by stability but u didn't. Its okay.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
greenhulk:

Ha, I've tried different browsers from chrome to Firefox to uc to dolphin, there's no denying it, typing or editing on the web browser for a considerable amount of time results in lags on android no matter the phone. I use a galaxy s6 and whenever I try to type long texts on nairaland I experience lag like keyboard is not keeping up with my typing speed. It is worse with swiftkey keyboard so I had to switch back to Google keyboard which is the smoothest android keyboard, yet I still feel the lags while typing on nairaland. I have to switch to my windows tablet sometimes when I need to edit on the web. This is not noticeable on iPhones.
Our experience seems similar. I have experimented with chrome, uc and opera before finally settling for the default Samsung optimised browser, still if I'm on nairaland typing long essays and adding smiles and emoji, the keyboard just won't remain stable.
You press the delete button to correct wrong inputs, other letters jump into the text.

I first notice this on Tecno and chalked it to the low spec of ALL Tecno brands. Then it happen in Galaxy S4 and 5, LG G flex and G3, and Galaxy Note4.

Only then was I convinced it was an android thing.

Matter of fact you just pointed my experience out.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
lezz:
Let the Sweet Lord increase your knowledge abundantly.

Live YouTube test is the way to go. Do you know most android artificially increase operational speed once it sense a benchmark is being run?
Yes o.. So I heard cool
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by zzzzy: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

They fear that they won't make sales, they are not doing well and the company is loosing money... So they are doing all sort of things which lead to them being...confused

They are confused cos they don't set their priorities right...the issues they are ment to have fixed in windows phone is pending, meanwhile there are busy adding features upon features..

And it took them more than a year to release a new flagship and drop new updates, meanwhile the updates were not too far. How do they want to catch up that way?
Microsoft isn't loosing any money. They get money from a lot of sources. A Surface phone is expected to come this year. Probably a phone that can run fallout4. I don't think they are confused. I just think they are working on something big.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Did you watch the video? Launching apps is generally faster on samsung but did you see where it fails worefully? Yes multitasking.

Plus nexus 6P came after the iphone 6s plus....so?

I have said it times without number here, the reason it didn't win in multitasking is cos TW. Thats very simple
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Dude the iphone is not the most expensive phone! S6 edge and priv are more expensive! If apple falls, then all other might had already fallen. If any OS is going down, android will first. Look at the tablet market.
It all boils down to demand and supply. Customers taste might change when they see another brand that offer something totally different from what they are use to. Android might go down which I agree given that it has so many brand using it, apple too will join But might be a gradual process. This might be 2020 or even 2044. I would be convinced when you would say that iPhone would repackage themselves either using same name or different one entirely.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

I have said it times without number here, the reason it didn't win in multitasking is cos TW. Thats very simple
So now you agree with me that the iphone is a generally faster phone?
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
zzzzy:
Microsoft isn't loosing any money. They get money from a lot of sources. A Surface phone is expected to come this year. Probably a phone that can run fallout4. I don't think they are confused. I just think they are working on something big.
Their confusing is the reason for a surface phone in the first place.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:27pm On Jan 02, 2016
danidee10:

You're just acted like a typical apple fankid always running away when confronted with the truth....i promise you 5k recharge card of any network..if you can disprove this or come up with a good defense against this...if you can't keep quiet and go and read more before you try to reply or bash me again on any thread relating to technology....You can't reply cuz you have no response
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
Baddestguyp:
shut up. Samsung alone almost doubles iPhone sales. go do it research
What planet are you from sir?
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by zzzzy: 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Their confusing is the reason for a surface phone in the first place.
no. It's innovation
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

I have heard you. BGR is the most biased site on earth.. You can never ever ever read anything good about Android on there. Go figure. I asked you to define what you meant by stability but u didn't. Its okay.
I gave a passing definition of stability on my post here-- the one with the BGR link.

I haven't seen any mobile journalist or website that isn't biased to a degree. I usually read up a single device from multiple sources to sum up my own impression.

What I want to point out is this, the iPhone 6 was made with 1gb ram and dual core processors in 2014 and best the flagship androids of that era, I.e, Samsung galaxy S5, HTC M8 and LG G3.

When the galaxy note 4 debuted as well as the S6, benchmarks still featured comparisons with iPhone 6, never minding that these are devices with 3gb ram and octa core processors.

I just have to give it to the IOS for optimisation and clever engineering for the OS to achieve more using less.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
asuustrike2009:

It all boils down to demand and supply. Customers taste might change when they see another brand that offer something totally different from what they are use to. Android might go down which I agree given that it has so many brand using it, apple too will join But might be a gradual process. This might be 2020 or even 2044. I would be convinced when you would say that iPhone would repackage themselves either using same name or different one entirely.
I can't say anything, than for us to watch and see.

Apple under tim cook was not the same apple under steve jobs, but if jobs was alive, I can guarantee you that apple is going no where
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by oribi(m): 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
At the end of the day it all about choice and even in all iphone is also kin in trying to strike a balance between the rich and the middle class..That's why they have variations...

Ask toyota how they over took GM grin grin grin grin grin
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
zzzzy:
no. It's innovation
The surface phone is just another hyped Microsoft phone, I don't see it doing far better or meeting up to the current competition.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Parents Absolutely Hilarious On Whatsapp (with Pics) / Which Of These Do You Hate Most When Chatting? / Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.