Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone (38427 Views)

7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone / How To Continue Using Whatsapp On BB and Symbian Even After 2017 Suspension / God Will Continue To Bless Airtel Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by iker: 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
ITbomb:
Terrible analysis.
MAC was for targeted users, Windows was for everyone, who won? Windows

And the analogy with a child is pure rubbish. There is a better chance of bringing up a well educated child with siblings than a lonely over pampered child.

Apple is surviving on purely American pride, outside USA, it is basically useless

the Mac is a computer operating on the ios operating system , windows is the os operating on nearly every other computer ,apple owns both the mac and ios ,microsoft ,the creator of windows owns only the os which the computers run on and not the computer itself except the surface tablet, microsoft does not own dell,hp,acer,sony,lenovo,toshiba etc

the value of apple is twice the value of microsoft ,the annual revenue of apple is twice the revenue of microsoft , please refer to the financial times or forbes for more information , can you kindly explain to us how windows won ?

a company that is "surviving on purely american pride" simply cannot be the most valuable company in the world, (valued by investors at $733 billion)

there is no need to expose your limited knowledge of what is going on beyond the shores of wherever you are from on this forum

2 Likes

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
lezz:
Our experience seems similar. I have experimented with chrome, uc and opera before finally settling for the default Samsung optimised browser, still if I'm on nairaland typing long essays and adding smiles and emoji, the keyboard just won't remain stable.
You press the delete button to correct wrong inputs, other letters jump into the text.

I first notice this on Tecno and chalked it to the low spec of ALL Tecno brands. Then it happen in Galaxy S4 and 5, LG G flex and G3, and Galaxy Note4.

Only then was I convinced it was an android thing.

Matter of fact you just pointed my experience out.

My brother, it is an android thing , even a nexus 6 does that. Someone pointed that safari also lags, yes every phone will experience some stutters but it is more noticeable on android , even if they put 4gb of ram, once u are typing long essay on browser, u notice it. It is more noticeable on low- mid range phones but the point is its there and hasn't been rectified. Will that stop me from using android? NO. I'm talking from first hand experience and not things I read on the web.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
lezz:
I gave a passing definition of stability on my post here-- the one with the BGR link.

I haven't seen any mobile journalist or website that isn't biased to a degree. I usually read up a single device from multiple sources to sum up my own impression.

What I want to point out is this, the iPhone 6 was made with 1gb ram and dual core processors in 2014 and best the flagship androids of that era, I.e, Samsung galaxy S5, HTC M8 and LG G3.

When the galaxy note 4 debuted as well as the S6, benchmarks still featured comparisons with iPhone 6, never minding that these are devices with 3gb ram and octa core processors.

I just have to give it to the IOS for optimisation and clever engineering for the OS to achieve more using less.

*claps for apple*

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

So now you agree with me that the iphone is a generally faster phone?

READ AND UNDERSTAND ABEG. A9 is a faster chipset than Exynos 7420 n SD810 so if i6s is faster its cos of the chipset sed being a newer version n also the latest OS it runs on. Despite that, it doesnt come out faster in all categories. Next Android flagships wil trounce it with SD 820 n Exynos 8890 n MM
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
greenhulk:

My brother, it is an android thing , even a nexus 6 does that. Someone pointed that safari also lags, yes every phone will experience some stutters but it is more noticeable on android , even if they put 4gb of ram, once u are typing long essay on browser, u notice it. It is more noticeable on low- mid range phones but the point is its there and hasn't been rectified. Will that stop me from using android? NO. I'm talking from first hand experience and not things I read on the web.

You know why it doest really show on iOS? ANIMATION
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

I can't say anything, than for us to watch and see.

Apple under tim cook was not the same apple under steve jobs, but if jobs was alive, I can guarantee you that apple is going no where
Yea. That reminds be of how Nokia managed their own. Nokia should be topping the most used android device but the lost out to Samsung
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

You claim you know about tech and you are giving me bgr to read.
Gizmodo cool
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by zzzzy: 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

The surface phone is just another hyped Microsoft phone, I don't see it doing far better or meeting up to the current competition.
then you are wrong. Btw most of it's specs haven't been announced.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Yea. That reminds be of how Nokia managed their own. Nokia should be topping the most used android device but the lost out to Samsung
Because of poor management and thinking.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lordizak(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
lezz:
It'll surprise you to discover China is one of the biggest users of iPhone. iPhone actually sits as number 2 in the market index slightly behind Samsung but the company makes far more profit and dwarfs Samsung in revenue. That's the essence of the Op's message.

Samsung like all android OEM's source their Operating system from Google, Apple is in-house technology. That's why Samsung phones starts dropping price 3months after they hit retailers shelves and iPhone maintains its price for a far longer period.
big lie, Samsung is not even no 1, I think xiaomi and others top the list.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
zzzzy:
then you are wrong. Btw most of it's specs haven't been announced.
Then let's wait and see cool
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
lordizak:

Yeah xiaomi
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lordizak(m): 9:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
shala01:

People queue for iPhone 6 under the rain in Europe.
does not make it no 1, htc, lenovo, Motorola, Philip, Alcatel, Sony, Sony Ericsson, Google, Samsung, Nokia and lots more. if u mean Android vs IOS, Android is a bigger platform. if u r comparing a single brand with iPhone, I might listen.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
iker:

the Mac is a computer operating on the ios operating system , windows is the os operating on nearly every other computer ,apple owns both the mac and ios ,microsoft ,the creator of windows owns only the os which the computers run on and not the computer itself except the surface tablet, microsoft does not own dell,hp,acer,sony,lenovo,toshiba etc

the value of apple is twice the value of microsoft ,the annual revenue of apple is twice the revenue of microsoft , please refer to the financial times or forbes for more information , can you kindly explain to us how windows won ?

a company that is "surviving on purely american pride" simply cannot be the most valuable company in the world, (valued by investors at $733 billion)

there is no need to expose your limited knowledge of what is going on beyond the shores of wherever you are from on this forum

Very intelligent comment. Some people are so ignorant, they don't know that even if apple has only 30% computer market share, they will still make money more than Microsoft. Microsoft only hardware is the surface tablets which is still not that popular. Apple make and sell their OS and their macbook computers and laptops, with iPads and iphones. So even with 30% market share they make much more money, oh and all their products are premium, no cheap laptops or phones. Microsoft make money from software and patents, oh and the not so popular lumia they bought from Nokia. This is why apples brand is worth more than twice of Microsoft.

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by xtervaganza(m): 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
This makes no sense
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

You know why it doest really show on iOS? ANIMATION

Whatever apple did to make that lag less visible, then kudos to them. I hate lags while typing. The only android browser that supresses the typing lag is chrome, but then it is still noticeable after extended use and it becomes annoying.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

READ AND UNDERSTAND ABEG. A9 is a faster chipset than Exynos 7420 n SD810 so if i6s is faster its cos of the chipset sed being a newer version n also the latest OS it runs on. Despite that, it doesnt come out faster in all categories. Next Android flagships wil trounce it with SD 820 n Exynos 8890 n MM
Sure? I thought the exynos proved faster in benchmarks?

Plus they are all 2015 flagships! But if you want to prove because its newer,

The what happened to the s6 here? M9 was just seconds faster and the last in the first lap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUw9PUlFUF0
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
lordizak:

Very nice. I thought people say iphones only sell in north america lol. For iphones to sell more than Samsung, HTC, Sony and other Asian companies in china is an indication that apple mean business.

Actually in the first 3 months of 2015, iPhone was the highest selling phone in china ahead of Chinese made xiaomi and huawei. In the second half of the year xiaomi took the lead while apple fell to 3rd. But for Apple to command such sales in china (remember Chinese likes to patronise their own) is a really big plus for Apple.

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

The what happened to the s6 here? M9 was just seconds faster and the last in the first lap

DO YOU NEED ME TO SCREAM THE WORD TOUCH WIZ INTO YOUR EARS BEFORE YOU UNDERSTAND?
SECONDLY, YOU HAVE BEEN SHOUTING FASTER ALL NIGHT LONG. I ASKED YOU QUESTIONS, YOU NEVER ANSWERED THEM.

THERE ARE DIFFERENT SPEED TESTS CARRIED ON THESE DEVICES. WHAT CATEGORIES DID THESE DEVICES WIN INDIVIDUALLY? I HAVE A LIMITED INTERNET ATM SO I CAN PLAY THE VIDS
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
PhonePlanet:

I don't care about benchmark scores. What matters is real world usage. A good example is the LG v10 running snapdragon 808 while other flagships run snapdragon 810. In benchmark every flagship phone trounce the v10, but in real life usage the v10 match every other flagships phone if not better.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
greenhulk:

Very nice. I thought people say iphones only sell in north america lol. For iphones to sell more than Samsung, HTC, Sony and other Asian companies in china is an indication that apple mean business.

Actually in the first 3 months of 2015, iPhone was the highest selling phone in china ahead of Chinese made xiaomi and huawei. In the second half of the year xiaomi took the lead while apple fell to 3rd. But for Apple to command such sales in china (remember Chinese likes to patronise their own) is a really big plus for Apple.

The number one seller at the moment is HUAWEI and not just in CHINA tho
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

DO YOU NEED ME TO SCREAM THE WORD TOUCH WIZ INTO YOUR EARS BEFORE YOU UNDERSTAND?
SECONDLY, YOU HAVE BEEN SHOUTING FASTER ALL NIGHT LONG. I ASKED YOU QUESTIONS, YOU NEVER ANSWERED THEM.

THERE ARE DIFFERENT SPEED TESTS CARRIED ON THESE DEVICES. WHAT CATEGORIES DID THESE DEVICES WIN INDIVIDUALLY? I HAVE A LIMITED INTERNET ATM SO I CAN PLAY THE VIDS

Benchmark scores mean nothing. Same way number of RAM means nothing if it can't show in real life usage.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

The number one seller at the moment is HUAWEI and not just in CHINA tho

The highest selling phone alover the world is still the iPhone. Nobody will line up to buy hauwei. And they don't give a f"ck about hauwei in Europe or north america wheras peoole still love the iPhone on china.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
greenhulk:

The highest selling phone alover the world is still the iPhone. Nobody will line up to buy hauwei. And they don't give a f"ck about hauwei in Europe or north america wheras peoole still love the iPhone on china.

Huawei sold more phones that Apple and Samsung last quater. Fvck or no fvck
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by spinoff: 10:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
AdaNri1:
I use an iPhone and I'm planning to dump it for Samsung Galaxy. Apple is too controlling; no external memory storage, no external backup unless iTunes or iCloud, in which case you have to pay monthly for your iCloud space.

You can't buy music externally any music you want has to be from music store. All these are annoying. Granted the phone looks good but after a new phone comes out and you update software your phone slows down till it grinds to a halt, which makes necessary to buy the new phone. It's just too much.

Modified:
Ok the point I am trying to make here is the need for choice and flexibility even while enjoying the iPhone, which is not so. Some people are feeling the need to tag me what they like. iPhone does not necessarily certify the wealth status of anybody. So some guys here need to take a chill pill.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 10:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
greenhulk:

I don't care about benchmark scores. What matters is real world usage. A good example is the LG v10 running snapdragon 808 while other flagships run snapdragon 810. In benchmark every flagship phone trounce the v10, but in real life usage the v10 match every other flagships phone if not better.
You really love that damn good phone grin grin

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 10:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

You ment can't?

Samsung won the first round of opening apps , iphone came 2nd and htc third...

Then the second round of running through the same apps again. Htc came first with 2 seconds ahead of the iphone than samsung came last.

The point is not touch wiz...even if it is, it only means the iphone UI is faster than samsung's own

But the point is samsung re opened all the apps again afresh, meanwhile iphone and htc just resumed from background.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by PhonePlanet(m): 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

Prove it!

Infact there is nothing to prove, the point is who made more sales in total?
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2016
lordizak:

Bwhahaha!!! You really have a way of making a splash. Xiamoi? That brand will be lucky if it sees much sells out of China. China's 1.3 billion pollution is what's helping their market shares to begin with.

See image below.

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by sundoj08(m): 11:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
@op inasmuch as i get your point, I'd like to correct an error.
Apple doesn't target the rich folks as you claim cos every tom,dick and harry uses an iphone.
What Apple has done is create a marketbase of american loyalists and made it seem like "if it's not Apple, it's not the best" and this was made possible with the ipod which made a lotta things simpler and easier at the time it came out as there was literally nothing like it then.
And i know your next queation is : if Apple is mainly an american thing which it is, how do they make more money than the rest brands esp in the world?

I'll give u an example, why are sports watched mostly in america e.g baseball, american football, basketball and even Ice hockey make more money( have more teams in the top 10 most valuable sports franchises) than Soccer which is watched by virtually the whole world. Hope u get the drift.in case you don't, conquering the american market puts u on a pedestal already and the rest of the world markets would have to be strongly united (which is tough to do) to even come close.that's the power and influence America commands.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by lezz(m): 11:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
ollah1:

That's sacrilegious.
Re: One Reason Iphone Would Continue To Sell More Than Any Android Phone by abafetch: 11:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
Ollah ... Sori if i may say i us hawaii pad 10 .. And hawaii forgotin d name dat after 3 months d screen expired... Iphon sel more cus of d brand nt d rich, it strong and av a long life spa... D poor nd rich every1 uses it.. Htc is a gr8 branded pone bt ipho sel more... Back in d dayz blacberry...sinc dy gav out d app no bady care abt bb.... Coke... Henekien...drink... Toyota sel more in 9ja ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Parents Absolutely Hilarious On Whatsapp (with Pics) / Which Of These Do You Hate Most When Chatting? / Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.