Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? (2256 Views)

"Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man / Why Guys Always Kneel Down To Propose To Ladies / Wow This Lady Is Proposing To Her Man. So Sweet! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by biz2get(m): 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
Adaure4ever:
dats unromantic of him.

This just too sad.. Must the guy always be Romantic?? Can't he just text you know whats up? undecided
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by biz2get(m): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
sickstars:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oga kilode

That's how we roll kiss... Life is made simple you know! There's no need for too much thinking
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

Lol. Not like you exemplified though. We're in a relationship and we both know and agrees we want to spend our lives together so I don't see the need for all those stunt and community imposed protocols. I'd prefer to just go down to the business of the day. Meet each other's families and kick start marriage plans.

Oh well, I'd request she be my wife but kneeling down doing so is not going to happen. Makes no sense to me.

I've to be honest I've never taking time to understand what baby shower means and to the best of my knowledge it is to wish the expectant mum a succesful delivery right? And if I may ask how's that going to change the outcome of the delivery process if anything was to go wrong?

My take is people are just increasingly getting bored and human's crave for attention is the drive behind all this invention. It plays no role in the delivery outcome, the longevity/happiness of the marriage nor the eminence or misfortune of the baby's future.

Well your woman must be amazing. Because as much as I want to conform and play "adult" my inner child is still there. And she wants to cry when bae proposes. And be shocked and be surprised. Then we can go down to business.

The knelling part is cute. But if that doesn't happen it's okay. You better request sha. The poor girl sad.

Yeah that's what baby showers are for. And to congratulate the couple. Especially the woman for the transition from womanhood to motherhood. And also get gifts and things. You might as well say there's no point of a wedding since the couple may divorce.

Well it's cute nevertheless. Stop hating on humans. We're cool.
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
biz2get:

This just too sad.. Must the guy always be Romantic?? Can't he just text you know whats up? undecided
texting? . Proposal should be something of a suprise that will catch the lady unawares.
So a guy you love kneeling down to propose when you are not expecting it can bring out that tears of joy.
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by biz2get(m): 4:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
QueenValerie:
Standing's fine,I prefer it actually.That way he can wrap his arms around my waist,pull me in and ask me close to my ear.Goodness ♥.But I'm a bit of a introvert and don't care for the attention a man on binded knee,with ring would likely bring.

Much love babe kiss kiss
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by biz2get(m): 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

Lol. Not like you exemplified though. We're in a relationship and we both know and agrees we want to spend our lives together so I don't see the need for all those stunt and community imposed protocols. I'd prefer to just go down to the business of the day. Meet each other's families and kick start marriage plans.

Oh well, I'd request she be my wife but kneeling down doing so is not going to happen. Makes no sense to me.

I've to be honest I've never taking time to understand what baby shower means and to the best of my knowledge it is to wish the expectant mum a succesful delivery right? And if I may ask how's that going to change the outcome of the delivery process if anything was to go wrong?

My take is people are just increasingly getting bored and human's crave for attention is the drive behind all this invention. It plays no role in the delivery outcome, the longevity/happiness of the marriage nor the eminence or misfortune of the baby's future.

You got me bro!! wink cheesy
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by ronald4lif(m): 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
YourMain:

Well your woman must be amazing. Because as much as I want to conform and play "adult" my inner child is still there. And she wants to cry when bae proposes. And be shocked and be surprised. Then we can go down to business.

The knelling part is cute. But if that doesn't happen it's okay. You better request sha. The poor girl sad.

Yeah that's what baby showers are for. And to congratulate the couple. Especially the woman for the transition from womanhood to motherhood. And also get gifts and things. You might as well say there's no point of a wedding since the couple may divorce.

Well it's cute nevertheless. Stop hating on humans. We're cool.

This has nothing to do with maturity, it's about not pandering and conforming to rules that has no significance at the outcome or subsistence of marriage.

Yes a couple may end up divorcing after a wedding but that is a probability thus negligible. If divorce was a cinch then I'd say marriage makes no sense. Be that as it may, I still don't think marriage should be the goal, good companionship is priority to me over a ceremonial piece of paper.

And this also has got nothing to do with hating. I can't just embrace an invention coz majority does, I have to see it integrity and assess if it's worthy of emulation. Not coz the bandwagon brigade subscribes to it, no.

What next is in the offing for people to invent? A father shower where people would gather to celebrate an expectant dad for being able to prove he's a man who can get a lady pregnant? And we all start jumping in excitement and board the wagon train?
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

This has nothing to do with maturity, it's about not pandering and conforming to rules that has no significance at the outcome or subsistence of marriage.

Yes a couple may end up divorcing after a wedding but that is a probability thus negligible. If divorce was a cinch then I'd say marriage makes no sense. Be that as it may, I still don't think marriage should be the goal, good companionship is priority to me over a ceremonial piece of paper.

And this also has got nothing to do with hating. I can't just embrace an invention coz majority does, I have to see it integrity and assess if it's worthy of emulation. Not coz the bandwagon brigade subscribes to it, no.

What next is in the offing for people to invent? A father shower where people would gather to celebrate an expectant dad for being able to prove he's a man who can get a lady pregnant? And we all start jumping in excitement and board the wagon train?

Ehm I'm pretty sure you're more likely to divorce than lose a baby after a baby shower. The baby shower is done at about 7/8 months to ensure the baby will be more than likely born.

It's not even a rule. It's just something everyone has some to like so we all just follow the norm because we actually do enjoy it. Baby showers are actually lots of fun and I'm sure it brings a lot of joy to the man when he sees how emotional his partner gets when his proposal is romantic. And that's okay. There's no point in defying something just because it's a fad. If it's not harming anyone then why not ?

Lol so you don't do anything simply for the heck of it? So what if you look silly ? Who cares ? I think it's them moments you remember that make you smile.

Baby showers are for both parents lol but yeah that sounds like great fun! The dad should be proud of himself. He deserves to be celebrated. Why not ? What harm ?
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by ronald4lif(m): 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
YourMain:

Ehm I'm pretty sure you're more likely to divorce than lose a baby after a baby shower. The baby shower is done at about 7/8 months to ensure the baby will be more than likely born.

It's not even a rule. It's just something everyone has some to like so we all just follow the norm because we actually do enjoy it. Baby showers are actually lots of fun and I'm sure it brings a lot of joy to the man when he sees how emotional his partner gets when his proposal is romantic. And that's okay. There's no point in defying something just because it's a fad. If it's not harming anyone then why not ?

Lol so you don't do anything simply for the heck of it? So what if you look silly ? Who cares ? I think it's them moments you remember that make you smile.

Baby showers are for both parents lol but yeah that sounds like great fun! The dad should be proud of himself. He deserves to be celebrated. Why not ? What harm ?

To be sure the baby will be more likely to be born, and that's it? Without the baby shower they won't be born? My mum never had baby shower on her kids and same for many and we are all here. It doesn't determine anything except for the joy the expectant mother and perhaps the hubby might derive from it. Which isn't bad but I'm only saying I don't subscribe to it. Doesn't mean those who fancy it shouldn't imbibe the culture.

Not until about 10years ago many people didn't know it exist until the media focus and women were still putting to birth. So why should it become an obtainable norm when we can still do without the attention cravings?

That something doesn't harm anyone doesn't mean it's worthy of emulation. I don't know if it would make sense if we should adopt the culture of engrossing in activities provided they harm no one. I can fart all day as much as I want provided I live alone and doesn't cause harm to anyone but I'm polluting the air and increasing global warming as farts contains methane gas.

To what end do we just live our lives as we want coz we don't harm anyone in the process
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
ronald4lif:

To be sure the baby will be more likely to be born, and that's it? Without the baby shower they won't be born? My mum never had baby shower on her kids and same for many and we are all here. It doesn't determine anything except for the joy the expectant mother and perhaps the hubby might derive from it. Which isn't bad but I'm only saying I don't subscribe to it. Doesn't mean those who fancy it shouldn't imbibe the culture.

Not until about 10years ago many people didn't know it exist until the media focus and women were still putting to birth. So why should it become an obtainable norm when we can still do without the attention cravings?

That something doesn't harm anyone doesn't mean it's worthy of emulation. I don't know if it would make sense if we should adopt the culture of engrossing in activities provided they harm no one. I can fart all day as much as I want provided I live alone and doesn't cause harm to anyone but I'm polluting the air and increasing global warming as farts contains methane gas.

To what end do we just live our lives as we want coz we don't harm anyone in the process

Lol I meant they do it in the later months because they know that the chances of something going wrong is very minimal.

Global warming does harm people. Yes! Do it because it's fun and there's no harm. I understand if both parties aren't into it and they don't want to. But it sounds like you're just not into it because it's a fad. So what ? It's a fun fad that people enjoy. What harm could it honestly bring ? It's a norm because people actually enjoy it. It's fun. Weddings probably began as a fad. So did bachelors and bachelorette parties but they're fun. That's why people do them. It's genuinely just a celebration of something you've achieved and yes it's a media focus but it doesn't remove the fact it's actually enjoyable.

Knelling when you ask your partner go marry you is fad yes. But it provides great happiness to both parties, if that's what they wanted. So why should the fact that it's a fad even be something that's thought of.
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2016
TrapKNNG:
Nope! I'll stand face to face with my wife, look deep into her eyes and ask her to let me take care of her forever! cool

Awwwn...super romantic!*swoons
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
TrapKNNG:
Okay then, tell suigeneris93 that I'm ready when she is grin

grin
I'll keep it in mind dearie
Re: Must A Guy Always Kneel Down While Proposing To His Babe? by spiffyzaki: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Yes. He has to kneel. It is called gentleman courtesy.
. Wat if am not gentle

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did You Know That... / So Depressed. Please Enter! / See What His Girlfriend Gave Him As A Birthday Present Today (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.