Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? (73527 Views)

Lady And Her Workers Made To Sleep Outside After Working For A Client. Photo / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? / Access Bank Frontline Internship 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
[quote author=COOLCATS post=41642433]I am not trying to argue with you nor berate your bar , neither am I interested in knowing your exposure or what your qualifications are. your experience or present situation does not make your assertion a fact as you have not had an encounter with every Nigerian youth not even 5% of the Nigerian youth .Yea exactly you have had an encounter with 95% of them that's exactly how you know they are hardworking, your belittling of my bar business was the beginning of your effort to term me a failure and that revealed exactly the Nigerian in (hardworking people are poor and suffering) , so I just wanted to let your Nigerian mentality know that am far from what you think,so I know exactly where you were going .

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
COOLCATS:
I am not trying to argue with you nor berate your bar , neither am I interested in knowing your exposure or what your qualifications are. your experience or present situation does not make your assertion a fact as you have not had an encounter with every Nigerian youth not even 5% of the Nigerian youth.
[quote author=COOLCATS post=41642433]I am not trying to argue with you nor berate your bar , neither am I interested in knowing your exposure or what your qualifications are. your experience or present situation does not make your assertion a fact as you have not had an encounter with every Nigerian youth not even 5% of the Nigerian youth .Yea exactly you have had an encounter with 95% of them that's exactly how you know they are hardworking, your belittling of my bar business was the beginning of your effort to term me a failure and that revealed exactly the Nigerian in (hardworking people are poor and suffering) , so I just wanted to let your Nigerian mentality know that am far from what you think,so I know exactly where you were going .
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Anowax(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
YoungExec:

grin engaging you is not even worth it.
my brother don't go that low trying to engage the dunce
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by COOLCATS: 3:47am On Jan 05, 2016
[quote author=blueseacats post=41645811][/quote] you are the one terming yourself whatever, belittling your bar. Can I say low self esteem here ? My point is simply , you have not carried out a survey on the Nigerian youth before. your conclusion was based on your business experience .isn't it ? what would you say if another entrepreneur comes on here to tell you how hardworking his employees are and how they helped him move his company to a next level with proofs.... say dangote or adenuga. ? would you agree or disagree?My point is don't judge or generalize a situation you don't have enough evidence to support.

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by nefertitiram: 3:48am On Jan 05, 2016
Loisemm:
Is going around begging for deposits a job?!

Help me ask them

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 05, 2016
COOLCATS:
you are the one terming yourself whatever, belittling your bar. Can I say low self esteem here ? My point is simply , you have not carried out a survey on the Nigerian youth before. your conclusion was based on your business experience .isn't it ? what would you say if another entrepreneur comes on here to tell you how hardworking his employees are and how they helped him move his company to a next level with proofs.... say dangote or adenuga. ? would you agree or disagree?My point is don't judge or generalize a situation you don't have enough evidence to support.
Here we go again, low self esteem look who talking about self esteem, you don't know me Mr. you talk about research and data collection as if you did one to come to your own conclusion, how sad,yes ( lord lugard said Nigerians lack organizational ability) what research did he in the 60s to come to his conclusion? Fast forward to 2016, is he far from the truth? when you speak to youths who thinks that some day they will be like dangote yet complain about how stressful work is , then there is a problem, dangote is a hard worker I know that for sure, when you observe a country where youths think they can sleep poor and wake rich, you can generalize if not why do we have cut off points to indicate pass or fails, why can't only hundred % be passed mark only if you have something in your head and was not rushing into conclusion your little brain would have noticed that I said (two staffs , one fired and one was retained) cause she's hardworking. But you chose to see my generalization which I still insist is true until situation changes , you mentioned dangote, have you asked how difficult it is to get sincere and hardworking staffs in Nigeria if he so trust Nigerians how come 70% of his decision makers who have access to his money are Indians ?same with coscharis, why do you think people still bring internationals to do unskilled job in Nigeria? You can keep deceiving yourself but you can't fool anyone other than yourself , our political system mirrors our society, ( do nothing and earn fat checks) again ask dangote who drives his business before opening your mouth, don't forget to ask coscharis too , those are people in the real economy , when you talk people will think you have sense whereas none have you gone to vi and the rest of those places to see those who really drives the economy, we run out of this country in droves they run in to hustle hard, then when we get to those countries and realize they work harder than us, we start defrauding them. Hard working my ass don't go and learn what hard work is.

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by COOLCATS: 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2016
blueseacats:
Here we go again, low self esteem look who talking about self esteem, you don't know me Mr. you talk about research and data collection as if you did one to come to your own conclusion, how sad,yes ( lord lugard said Nigerians lack organizational ability) what research did he in the 60s to come to his conclusion? Fast forward to 2016, is he far from the truth? when you speak to youths who thinks that some day they will be like dangote yet complain about how stressful work is , then there is a problem, dangote is a hard worker I know that for sure, when you observe a country where youths think they can sleep poor and wake rich, you can generalize if not why do we have cut off points to indicate pass or fails, why can't only hundred % be passed mark only if you have something in your head and was not rushing into conclusion your little brain would have noticed that I said (two staffs , one fired and one was retained) cause she's hardworking. But you chose to see my generalization which I still insist is true until situation changes , you mentioned dangote, have you asked how difficult it is to get sincere and hardworking staffs in Nigeria if he so trust Nigerians how come 70% of his decision makers who have access to his money are Indians ?same with coscharis, why do you think people still bring internationals to do unskilled job in Nigeria? You can keep deceiving yourself but you can't fool anyone other than yourself , our political system mirrors our society, ( do nothing and earn fat checks) again ask dangote who drives his business before opening your mouth, don't forget to ask coscharis too , those are people in the real economy , when you talk people will think you have sense whereas none have you gone to vi and the rest of those places to see those who really drives the economy, we run out of this country in droves they run in to hustle hard, then when we get to those countries and realize they work harder than us, we start defrauding them. Hard working my ass don't go and learn what hard work is.
As I don't know you so you don't know majority of the Nigerian youth. How about I term you a failure because I have not seen your brand or know you brand? Does that sound interesting to you? does your assumption stop you from making money or doing well? Do you have any solution to the problem you alleged? What percentage of dangote's work force are Indians. Are there no youths doing well in their careers and field of daily living ? Oga, you don't have a point. Don't judge people by your sordid experience and standards.why the rant and criticism. There is no point for rants if you don't have a solution to whatever you put up there.
I mentioned dangote or adenuga in my earlier post just to prove a point and that is " how about a more successful entrepreneur comes on here to tell you Nigerian youths are very hard working ", what would you say?

2 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
COOLCATS:
As I don't know you so you don't know majority of the Nigerian youth. How about I term you a failure because I have not seen your brand or know you brand? Does that sound interesting to you? does your assumption stop you from making money or doing well? Do you have any solution to the problem you alleged? What percentage of dangote's work force are Indians. Are there no youths doing well in their careers and field of daily living ? Oga, you don't have a point. Don't judge people by your sordid experience and standards.why the rant and criticism. There is no point for rants if you don't have a solution to whatever you put up there.
I mentioned dangote or adenuga in my earlier post just to prove a point and that is " how about a more successful entrepreneur comes on here to tell you Nigerian youths are very hard working ", what would you say?
You mentioned dagote and adenuga I tried to make you understand that these guys don't depend on Nigerians for their strategic business decisions, instead of you to go and do your resale,you are yapping around. Obviously you lack critical thinking ability talking to you is waste of precious time you are a local champion that look at everything with the failed Nigeria perspective,go get some exposure before you open your gutters.
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by COOLCATS: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
blueseacats:
You mentioned dagote and adenuga I tried to make you understand that these guys don't depend on Nigerians for their strategic business decisions, instead of you to go and do your resale,you are yapping around. Obviously you lack critical thinking ability talking to you is waste of precious time you are a local champion that look at everything with the failed Nigeria perspective,go get some exposure before you open your gutters.
Mr exposed, have you checked through dangote's board of director. You have failed to understand that there are those positions referred to as expat positions. These positions have got to do with international experience, those are the positions most foreigners take in these organisations. Some Nigerians with the experience are termed expats too. He did not employ them because Nigerians are unproductive. Am a local champion who is well to do enough to buy you and the whole of your business at the moment. Mr, don't be the regular guy the criticised everything without a solution. If Nigerian youths are that " lazy ", I am not sure we would have people working at all. You are making no sense dunce!
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by COOLCATS: 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
blueseacats:
I mentioned them just to tell you some other successful entrepreneur can come dispute your claim. dunce... there are positions referred to as expat positions. Most times this positions require international experience infact all times , that's why majority are usually foreigners. There are expat Nigerians in other countries if you must know. have you checked on dangote's board of directors to see there are no Nigerians. I am a local champion well to do enough to buy you and your business. Mr , stop being unnecessarily critical. you are nobody to tell other youths are lazy as you barely know them.
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
COOLCATS:
I mentioned them just to tell you some other successful entrepreneur can come dispute your claim. dunce... there are positions referred to as expat positions. Most times this positions require international experience infact all times , that's why majority are usually foreigners. There are expat Nigerians in other countries if you must know. have you checked on dangote's board of directors to see there are no Nigerians. I am a local champion well to do enough to buy you and your business. Mr , stop being unnecessarily critical. you are nobody to tell other youths are lazy as you barely know them.
Thanks, been trying to get you back to where you can confirm what I thought from beginning, your belittling my business from the beginning, yes you can buy my business still typical of Nigerian local mentality. Mr A has money more Mr B all fraudulent money but good it's only a Nigerian thing. Most other countries cherish hard work,that's where we Nigerian youth are always found wanting.
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by COOLCATS: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
blueseacats:
Thanks, been trying to get you back to where you can confirm what I thought from beginning, your belittling my business from the beginning, yes you can buy my business still typical of Nigerian local mentality. Mr A has money more Mr B all fraudulent money but good it's only a Nigerian thing. Most other countries cherish hard work,that's where we Nigerian youth are always found wanting.
Your business is not my concern. It is a faceless forum. you dont know me , I don't know you. you don't have call me what you feel I am but I am not. its your opinion anyways. I am not berating your biz. that post was because of the local champion you mentioned. Oga, I am yet still yet to understand why you think this way even as you claimed to be exposed. I know the westerners to always mind their businesses and not critical about whats does not affect them. I have not met a foreigner who generalizes an ill attitude to his fellow country men even as there are some in bad businesses in his count ry. you are hardworking in your own sense .....whats your yardstick ? its as simple as that . you dont have any concrete fact to leverage your assumption just an experience.
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Adeyinkaomo(m): 7:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
Access bank is practically a kind of modern slavery be it a contract staff or otherwise, they use their staffs like they are nobody and give them targets they can never meet in order not to get promoted. In other banks, you have operation manager, ATM custodian, cash officer, professional staff in charge of customer care unit etc, but in access bank, its the same persoin that handle all these. Mind you in a branch you have maximum of three of these professional staffs and they are the ones to act in d capacity of branch manager, all other in house branch activities are done by this same people, crisis resolution in the banking hall etc. No Saturday and Sunday for access bank because if your ATM cash out or does not dispense, you must be there to resolve it without any allowance. No amount can be plaid for that kind of work, better find another job or be your own boss

2 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by nefertitiram: 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
CaT Fight!!!
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by pricelesshoney(f): 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
does anyone has an insider in acess,first bank or gtb?really hope to work in either of these bank,pls help out,I don stay house reach, cry......abeg na entry level position
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by CeterisXVII: 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
nefertitiram:
I worked there for a few months. The worst months of my life. My bosses were insultive, my colleagues had no joy, we worked weekends only for your boss to thrash all your efforts. Dem no born you well to leave office at 5/6. Sometimes, 10pm and I had no car, staff bus leaves at 8pm (was in Head Office).

To worsen it Aig and Herbert did not believe in work life balance. 2 guys I knew died because of the job. One died on his desk, the other died on his way home from work, when he was supposed to be on leave.

Abeg, it's not worth it. I wasnt a fresh graduate, infact I had worked in a different bank for 4 years before joining Access so all their paparazzi was uncalled for. After a few months, I packed my portmanteau to a place where joy lived.

richyblink1:
Correct boy, abeg take five.

Guy, it was a testimony when I left in 2011. Imagine working from 7am-11pm daily and still attending MPR on Saturdays. You dare not get sick because you must report to the office. To even get approval for your annual leave is world war 111.

You will be asked to report to work on Sunday in the name of doing review. Kai!!! We really hear am that year, all in the name of answering WARRIORS.

During OJC , operations staff were asked to get 500 accounts while relationship officers were asked to get 1000 accounts.

It was really snake in the monkey shadow

Hehehe.... now I know why my former neighbour who joined Standard Chartered, after leaving Access bank used to describe Stanchart as 'heaven,' compared to Access! cheesy

I once left a multinational telco to work for a bank, thinking the grass was greener on the other side. I regretted it big time. sad For the four years I spent in that bank, I developed migraine, and other kinds of health-related issues due to the pressure and disgusting humiliation dished out by the bosses. Nobody can pay me millions to work in a bank again. angry I just took my exit and went into another telecoms job, without anybody telling me anything. Two weeks after I left the bank, the migraine disappeared miraculously!

10 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by CeterisXVII: 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
bishoppapi:
Accessbank is one of the best places and brands you can work for in Nigeria. Access bank is not bad...forget about the rubbish jobless people say online. They will invest so much into you, do you expect them to expect nothing in return? They ain't asking for much... Just excellent service delivery and you achieving your goals. So simple.

What year exactly did you start working in Access bank, and how long have you been with them?? sad
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by CeterisXVII: 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
Craven:
There are other banks with the same training bond conditions/requirement, even those that aren't as big as commercial banks. Some of those banks pay a hundred thousand less than Access Bank, and they require graduate trainees to remain with them for two years or pay an amount of N2 million if they wish to leave before that period. And the funny thing is they don't invest as much in your training as Access Bank does. So the training bond is not slavery. It's just a measure of keeping you with them so they can reap the benefits of the time, money, and energy invested in you during your training. Training doesn't even end in the school. You are subjected to training on the job too. So I don't see a problem with the bond. There is nothing wrong in a bank trying to protect its interest. Just look at the N2 million 'training bond' as the cost of the time, energy, and money invested in training you, both before the job and during the job, and the cost of training someone else to take your place if you choose to leave, not the cost of releasing you from prison.

Although I think Access Bank compensates well for the stress compared to other financial services companies, I still feel something should definitely be done to address the issue of work-life balance in all corporate outfits (not just banks alone, because this is everywhere).

Na wah o! shocked shocked See as una dey defend Access bank, when those in the banking industry already know that Access bank has the highest attrition rate, as they are unable to retain talent, due to their horrible way of treating staff. Where banks like Stanchart actually have an anti-bullying policy, and encourage work-life balance in addition to sending you abroad for training and work experience, Access makes bullying a norm, humiliation their game plan and stratospheric pressure their watchword. You cannot even compare the level of training in Access bank to Stanbic, Stanchart, Citibank and GTB!

The training bond is not the issue, but the vile treatment of staff which has a negative impact on their overall well-being. Haba! shocked

Adeyinkaomo:
Access bank is practically a kind of modern slavery be it a contract staff or otherwise, they use their staffs like they are nobody and give them targets they can never meet in order not to get promoted. In other banks, you have operation manager, ATM custodian, cash officer, professional staff in charge of customer care unit etc, but in access bank, its the same persoin that handle all these. Mind you in a branch you have maximum of three of these professional staffs and they are the ones to act in d capacity of branch manager, all other in house branch activities are done by this same people, crisis resolution in the banking hall etc. No Saturday and Sunday for access bank because if your ATM cash out or does not dispense, you must be there to resolve it without any allowance. No amount can be plaid for that kind of work, better find another job or be your own boss

May God deliver Access bank from its cruelty to staff.
It reminds me of one year like that, when they sacked over 100 people in one fell swoop. Guys just got to their desks, tried to switch on their computers only to discover they had been locked out of their systems, as their passwords were no longer recognised. Then a message flashed on their screens that they should see HR for further directives. They complied, only to leave HR with termination letters, that had already been prepared for them. It was called 'right sizing the workforce, in order to strategize for the future!'

sammily:
Infact, you just recapped my experience when I worked there for about six months, had to leave also because the working environment was getting to insultive and tensed. I can still recall when one lady ran mad on her desk, literally ran mad.

Oh my goodness! shocked I hope she got cured eventually? Poor lady..... cry

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by nefertitiram: 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2016
CeterisXVII:

Hehehe.... now I know why my former neighbour who joined Standard Chartered, after leaving Access bank used to describe Stanchart as 'heaven,' compared to Access! cheesy

I once left a multinational telco to work for a bank, thinking the grass was greener on the other side. I regretted it big time. sad For the four years I spent in that bank, I developed migraine, and other kinds of health-related issues due to the pressure and disgusting humiliation dished out by the bosses. Nobody can pay me millions to work in a bank again. angry I just took my exit and went into another telecoms job, without anybody telling me anything. Two weeks after I left the bank, the migraine disappeared miraculously!

I swear! Never again

2 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by CeterisXVII: 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2016
nefertitiram:
So why did you leave access if it was so rosy?

Na di same thing me sef dey wonder ....the chap sounds as if he is still working in the corporate affairs/communications section of the bank! cheesy See the kind defence di guy dey spin for dem!

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by cozo1: 1:56pm On May 27, 2016
From what I have observed so far, passion isn't exactly the main thing that a significant amount of Nigerian youth consider when thinking of a job? It seems as though money, status, stress, and free time are the main things that a disproportionate number of Nigerians/youth consider before doing a degree or getting a job.

Honestly, I can't say that a banking job is stress free and I can't even say being a farmer or plantain seller is stress free but you'd honestly be surprised at the number of people who will gladly work 12 hours a day in such jobs (apart from selling plantain I guess) with full understanding that they got into the job for the love of the field or maybe even for the love of what their work represents for their life. Life isn't easy but life is also beautiful. We were all born into the world with no clothes and if not for our parents, we were all born with absolutely nothing. I honestly believe that whether you are Donald Trump's son or a carpenter's son, the world owes you nothing at all. Life will show you this everyday in many ways. Keeping this in mind, you have to decide what is important to you and stop complaining that things aren't the way you envision them. If money is your prime objective and you don't care about passion then okay fine, go and work in a top city law firm in a first world country and make mega bucks but just know that that money isn't free. I remember an MD at a conference telling us that city law firms in London and America are like sweat shops. They will pay you well but every penny you make is earned in addition to each sweat , blood, and tears they take from you. They have barely any time and are under massive pressure but if money is you main goal then go for it but it would be a shame to complain about such sources of income when that is the reality of life. You work for your money. The MD is not your daddy or mommy, the MD is a daddy or mommy to kids who is trying to feed with his business. Banking is no different. In UK, I see even estate agents leaving work at 8 pm. If you're lucky enough to get in an investment bank or financial institution in UK, you will find people with financial goals that won't even leave the building at lunchtime. NOTHING IS FREE!

Even if you choose to try the entrepreneurial route, you will WORK for every penny. One can't be fooled by these random people on Instagram and media stunting with their fast money. Fast money is usually very very risky.This is why you see them wasting a lot of it and stunting for all of us to see. Slower money takes time and will bring the blood , sweat and, tears out of you. I can't count the number of times I've heard top businessmen and women talk about sleeping only 3 days a week and only sleeping like 2-3 hours for the other days of the week. When you truly research and understand the cost of becoming a millionaire or financially healthy like we dream of, then you will understand why a lot of entrepreneurs are no nonsense individuals who keep their wallet close to them and work like they don't have a penny to their name. The cost is plenty.

Now if you want to just have a decent salary and free time then a place like a bank or law firm is probably not for you. You can't complain about such workplaces being hard when you are meant to be employed to work in industries that are so complex and risky. The real world is a jungle. I don't see why anyone can expect ease, comfort, and predictability. I honestly doubt there are plenty of jobs where you will have the salary you want for little effort.

Passion for the industry you work in is so so so important. It's almost like the principle of karma. If you have passion, you work work work and go through hell and you only feel a little sweat. The pain of the journey can feel so different if you have passion. At the end of the day there are 7 billion others who could take that job. You're not so special that a job should be created for you to meet all the criteria to give you ease of life. Give give, and give, and eventually, you will get get and get.

I can only imagine how angry I'd be if I worked 14 hours a day for years and years to build my big business that suddenly becomes subject to complaints about working hours. Life isn't a stroll in the park like we would have liked to imagine as children. It's fully of many challenges but also many rewards. Understanding this is key to satisfaction at work. Things could always be worse but things could always be better. The key is to be content and follow your heart. Money first (as this thread has proven) , in many cases won't bring the satisfaction one needs. Passion, heart, honour, and spirit will lead you to greater pastures. Balance is everything.

Best regards

10 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Nobody: 11:08am On May 28, 2016
bishoppapi:

Accessbank is one of the best places and brands you can work for in Nigeria. Access bank is not bad...forget about the rubbish jobless people say online. They will invest so much into you, do you expect them to expect nothing in return? They ain't asking for much... Just excellent service delivery and you achieving your goals. So simple.

grammer, tell me ==u aren't hunting for new job? access bank over use their staff. The one that came to source for account from our office, he is the only one covering four places. the guy face don squeeze finish on top of the money he is making. Its well sha

2 Likes

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by CeterisXVII: 2:12pm On May 31, 2016
angelusbrut:
grammer, tell me ==u aren't hunting for new job? access bank over use their staff. The one that came to source for account from our office, he is the only one covering four places. the guy face don squeeze finish on top of the money he is making. Its well sha

No mind the mugu! angry The chap you are quoting sounds like an advertising agent for Access bank, or one of those bloggers that have been paid to follow Access on social media in order to whitewash its bad deeds. From the gist in the banking industry, Access has the greatest number of workers with the highest number of medical infirmities, which developed from stress on the job! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by LorDBolton(m): 9:58am On Oct 02, 2016
cozo1:
From what I have observed so far, passion isn't exactly the main thing that a significant amount of Nigerian youth consider when thinking of a job? It seems as though money, status, stress, and free time are the main things that a disproportionate number of Nigerians/youth consider before doing a degree or getting a job.

Honestly, I can't say that a banking job is stress free and I can't even say being a farmer or plantain seller is stress free but you'd honestly be surprised at the number of people who will gladly work 12 hours a day in such jobs (apart from selling plantain I guess) with full understanding that they got into the job for the love of the field or maybe even for the love of what their work represents for their life. Life isn't easy but life is also beautiful. We were all born into the world with no clothes and if not for our parents, we were all born with absolutely nothing. I honestly believe that whether you are Donald Trump's son or a carpenter's son, the world owes you nothing at all. Life will show you this everyday in many ways. Keeping this in mind, you have to decide what is important to you and stop complaining that things aren't the way you envision them. If money is your prime objective and you don't care about passion then okay fine, go and work in a top city law firm in a first world country and make mega bucks but just know that that money isn't free. I remember an MD at a conference telling us that city law firms in London and America are like sweat shops. They will pay you well but every penny you make is earned in addition to each sweat , blood, and tears they take from you. They have barely any time and are under massive pressure but if money is you main goal then go for it but it would be a shame to complain about such sources of income when that is the reality of life. You work for your money. The MD is not your daddy or mommy, the MD is a daddy or mommy to kids who is trying to feed with his business. Banking is no different. In UK, I see even estate agents leaving work at 8 pm. If you're lucky enough to get in an investment bank or financial institution in UK, you will find people with financial goals that won't even leave the building at lunchtime. NOTHING IS FREE!

Even if you choose to try the entrepreneurial route, you will WORK for every penny. One can't be fooled by these random people on Instagram and media stunting with their fast money. Fast money is usually very very risky.This is why you see them wasting a lot of it and stunting for all of us to see. Slower money takes time and will bring the blood , sweat and, tears out of you. I can't count the number of times I've heard top businessmen and women talk about sleeping only 3 days a week and only sleeping like 2-3 hours for the other days of the week. When you truly research and understand the cost of becoming a millionaire or financially healthy like we dream of, then you will understand why a lot of entrepreneurs are no nonsense individuals who keep their wallet close to them and work like they don't have a penny to their name. The cost is plenty.

Now if you want to just have a decent salary and free time then a place like a bank or law firm is probably not for you. You can't complain about such workplaces being hard when you are meant to be employed to work in industries that are so complex and risky. The real world is a jungle. I don't see why anyone can expect ease, comfort, and predictability. I honestly doubt there are plenty of jobs where you will have the salary you want for little effort.

Passion for the industry you work in is so so so important. It's almost like the principle of karma. If you have passion, you work work work and go through hell and you only feel a little sweat. The pain of the journey can feel so different if you have passion. At the end of the day there are 7 billion others who could take that job. You're not so special that a job should be created for you to meet all the criteria to give you ease of life. Give give, and give, and eventually, you will get get and get.

I can only imagine how angry I'd be if I worked 14 hours a day for years and years to build my big business that suddenly becomes subject to complaints about working hours. Life isn't a stroll in the park like we would have liked to imagine as children. It's fully of many challenges but also many rewards. Understanding this is key to satisfaction at work. Things could always be worse but things could always be better. The key is to be content and follow your heart. Money first (as this thread has proven) , in many cases won't bring the satisfaction one needs. Passion, heart, honour, and spirit will lead you to greater pastures. Balance is everything.

Best regards

I wonder if u actually took time out to read responses (for n against access) b4 typing this useless epistle.

Maybe u think this is a classroom or motivational seminar? Typing rubbish the jobs, gates, Zuckerbergs all monetized their talent so please don't lecture people in the real about money not being the prime motivator.

If u also read up you would see peeps ain't complaining about the stress as much as the WORK ENVIRONMENT/ATMOSPHERE.

I worked somewhere the hours were good, pay was good but the work environment was toxic thanks to the management style of the directors which drained staff of their passion & thus affected productivity

Why do u think firms offer to pay overtime? You think TIME is a cheap commodity? You expect low-mid level staff (the foot soldiers) to break their backs to actualise the dreams of CEO & top mangement to not ask for decent treatment as humans?

All work and no play doesn't just make jack a. Dull boy it gives him high BP. A work-life balance is essential to healthy living.

Yes we have a lot of lazy youths so whats the job of the HR & the interview teams? Isn't it to weed out the undesirables from the pack and hire those who fit the company style/values?

I had an interview the job came with a coy car n 25% commission (juicy right?). Except I observed the managers attitude n actions towards staff nd decided straight up I can't work under such a character & declined the offer.
Using derogatory words on staff is a crime in many countries and could lead to litigation but here mtcheeew.

So save ur motivational talk for undergraduates

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by CeterisXVII: 1:07am On Nov 04, 2016
LorDBolton:
I wonder if u actually took time out to read responses (for n against access) b4 typing this useless epistle.

Maybe u think this is a classroom or motivational seminar? Typing rubbish the jobs, gates, Zuckerbergs all monetized their talent so please don't lecture people in the real about money not being the prime motivator.

If u also read up you would see peeps ain't complaining about the stress as much as the WORK ENVIRONMENT/ATMOSPHERE.

I worked somewhere the hours were good, pay was good but the work environment was toxic thanks to the management style of the directors which drained staff of their passion & thus affected productivity

Why do u think firms offer to pay overtime? You think TIME is a cheap commodity? You expect low-mid level staff (the foot soldiers) to break their backs to actualise the dreams of CEO & top mangement to not ask for decent treatment as humans?

All work and no play doesn't just make jack a. Dull boy it gives him high BP. A work-life balance is essential to healthy living.

Yes we have a lot of lazy youths so whats the job of the HR & the interview teams? Isn't it to weed out the undesirables from the pack and hire those who fit the company style/values?

I had an interview the job came with a coy car n 25% commission (juicy right?). Except I observed the managers attitude n actions towards staff nd decided straight up I can't work under such a character & declined the offer.
Using derogatory words on staff is a crime in many countries and could lead to litigation but here mtcheeew.

So save ur motivational talk for undergraduates

Leave that clown, abegi! shocked He has never held a high-pressure job, with exacting targets and mind-numbing deadlines, before. He is probably one of those chaps working for one small one-man business somewhere, that listen to motivational tapes every day and cannot differentiate fantasy from reality, or hype from fact. sad

Some of these Access Bank wannabees have never heard the word 'burn out', and never experienced chronic medical conditions brought on by organisational pressure or work-induced stress. I have met several bankers who paid the price for their success, with their good health. Many of them are on one medication or the other that gulps a huge percentage of their salaries, yet they continue paying that high price in order to keep up appearances.

My ex-colleague at the former bank where I worked was married for 6 years, without a kid. His wife kept running from pillar to post, from one church to the other, seeking the fruit of the womb. But after he could not cope with the mind-numbing pressure in the office, he resigned one day in anger, after one of those toxic meetings where managers were tongue-lashed again for failing to meet targets.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, within 6 weeks of leaving the bank my ex-colleague's wife got pregnant and they held a thanksgiving service. Later while sharing his testimony, he told that he spent so many late nights in the office that by the time he got home, he was too exhausted to perform his marital duties. But by the time he left and started hunting for another job, he had enough time on his hands and was able to spend more time at home. sad

If he had continued working at the bank, would he and his wife have recorded this testimony? I think not. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Sijo1: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
CeterisXVII:

Leave that clown, abegi! shocked He has never held a high-pressure job, with exacting targets and mind-numbing deadlines, before. He is probably one of those chaps working for one small one-man business somewhere, that listen to motivational tapes every day and cannot differentiate fantasy from reality, or hype from fact. sad

Some of these Access Bank wannabees have never heard the word 'burn out', and never experienced chronic medical conditions brought on by organisational pressure or work-induced stress. I have met several bankers who paid the price for their success, with their good health. Many of them are on one medication or the other that gulps a huge percentage of their salaries, yet they continue paying that high price in order to keep up appearances.

My ex-colleague at the former bank where I worked was married for 6 years, without a kid. His wife kept running from pillar to post, from one church to the other, seeking the fruit of the womb. But after he could not cope with the mind-numbing pressure in the office, he resigned one day in anger, after one of those toxic meetings where managers were tongue-lashed again for failing to meet targets.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, within 6 weeks of leaving the bank my ex-colleague's wife got pregnant and they held a thanksgiving service. Later while sharing his testimony, he told that he spent so many late nights in the office that by the time he got home, he was too exhausted to perform his marital duties. But by the time he left and started hunting for another job, he had enough time on his hands and was able to spend more time at home. sad

If he had continued working at the bank, would he and his wife have recorded this testimony? I think not. undecided

I noticed this occurrence a lot,I worked in a bank and noticed like 3 of my ogas where in this situation after long years of marriage no child.
they suspended some staff in the office which they where inclusive,you wouldn't believe that 2 out of them story changed and they sometimes use it to comfort us in bad situation that every disappointment is a blessing.it was during this period they had peaceful time with their family there had never been issue with them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by FineWine94(f): 10:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
You are blessed.

cozo1:

Best regards

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by laudate: 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
FineWine94:
You are blessed.

What exactly makes him blessed? His asinine epistle that mimics a response? Did you read through all the posts on this thread before you came to this conclusion?

1 Like

Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Apasiniola: 7:04am On Feb 23, 2017
pls how is the frontline internship in access bank like.
I want to know how strenuous or not it is to smiley.
Thanks pple.
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Ugosample(m): 11:26am On Feb 23, 2017
cozo1:

Best regards

Wonderful post
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Munyalek: 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
please how long does the 2m bond last?
Re: Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? by Emmaesty(f): 7:13am On Jul 08, 2017
Munyalek:
please how long does the 2m bond last?
2 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Central Bank Of Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does CBN Pay Staff? / Kayode Richie-Kay Oliva, EFCC Official Owns Wood Processing/Supplying Company / Ugochukwu Obi Elevated As Commander In US Navy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.