Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly (3797 Views)

President Buhari's Letter To National Assembly On Resumption Of Office(Pictured) / Ministry Of Budget And National Planning Press Release / President BUHARI’S Car And Our Stupidity As Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by francizy(m): 9:24am On Jan 03, 2016
Can someone please tell me the difference between:

Buhari's ₦3.63billion budget for cars, and
National Assemblys' ₦4.7billion pegged down for cars purchase?

I do not actually see any difference here because both of these scenarios bothers on waste of our scarce resources and should be outrightly condemned by any well meaning Nigerian. However, some partisan supporters went into hiding or defended Buhari's budget rigorously but was quick to attack NA and claim that they're the people hindering Buhari from giving them change.

Buhari supporters will tell you that NA has already obtained car loans and I ask, what happened to the cars presently at Buhari's disposal? Why can't he use them? Or is he planning to dispose them off at ₦150,000 per vehicle (just like we saw on news about how someone disposed off government vehicles of only some months old at such ridiculous amounts)?

Assuming my father is a king, and I have an elder brother with so many younger ones, my elder brother cannot get a huge sum from my dad to purchase a vehicle and when I request for some cash to enable me purchase for me and my younger ones, he jumps out from no where and starts telling us not to waste the king's money. Therefore, Buhari lacks the moral justification, to dictate to the senate how not to be wasteful when he himself is the chief waster.

The earlier we drop partisanship and move in one voice, the better for us all. This is because you as a person can't support an action from one person but when done by another you critize that person expecting others that you disagreed with initially to support you on the later action. Talk about calling back your representatives at the senates or protesting, you all may go ahead but don't expect people you disagreed with hypocritically to tow same line as you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by Shaftrod(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2016
It's obvious you didn't listen to the presidential media chat where that issue was raised about the huge amount of money NASS plans to use for buying exotic cars. He told the nation that if he could turn down the offer of 400 million Naira to be used in purchasing cars for him, he does not see it fit for NASS to spend such an amount on cars. And please he gave the reason for refusing that offer as that the ones he is currently using can still run for 10 years. Stop being mischievous.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by mdbissalla(m): 10:22am On Jan 03, 2016
Please Ops, kindly update your knowledge about what you intend to post before posting it.

This topic is not an issue now because it is being attended to

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by Day169: 10:24am On Jan 03, 2016
Shaftrod:
It's obvious you didn't listen to the presidential media chat where that issue was raised about the huge amount of money NASS plans to use for buying exotic cars. He told the nation that if he could turn down the offer of 400 million Naira to be used in purchasing cars for him, he does not see it fit for NASS to spend such an amount on cars. And please he gave the reason for refusing that offer as that the ones he is currently using can still run for 10 years. Stop being mischievous.
GBAM!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by IcecoldDon: 11:04am On Jan 03, 2016
Shaftrod:

So out of curiosity...what now happens to the 3.63b actually in the budget for cars. Does it get scrapped now...and if so why was it in the budget in the first case.

Does it mean Buhari doesn't go through all the budget allocations for the presidency??

He has to understand that his whole presidency is riding on this image as being squeaky clean and for the masses. The opposition will leave no stone unturned in destroying that...so I believe that critical policies like this should be double and triple checked by him to avoid such in the future.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by oduastates: 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
Until you realise that the office of the presidency is like a ministry itself.
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by TheFreeOne: 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
We can not afford such wastages either from NASS or Presidency.

If Buhari could turned down 400m cars last year as he claimed then he has no moral right to approve 3.6b BMW cars for the presidency in 2016 budget.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
The 3.6bn naira car budget for d presidency is not for Buhari. Buhari said he initially rejected it. But he was told it for foreign presidents which will be coming to Nigeria in 2016 for diplomatic reasons.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
IcecoldDon:

So out of curiosity...what now happens to the 3.63b actually in the budget for cars. Does it get scrapped now...and if so why was it in the budget in the first case.

Does it mean Buhari doesn't go through all the budget allocations for the presidency??

He has to understand that his whole presidency is riding on this image as being squeaky clean and for the masses. The opposition will leave no stone unturned in destroying that...so I believe that critical policies like this should be double and triple checked by him to avoid such in the future.

he 3.6bn naira car budget for d presidency is not for Buhari. Buhari said he initially rejected it. But he was told that d cars are for foreign presidents which will be coming to Nigeria in 2016 for diplomatic reasons.
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by shigoslim(m): 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
The funniest part of it is that when i listen to the president during media chart he was speechless as if he is not aware of the scenario always fuming innocent. how can a president disclaims that he is not aware of the budget when he claims to go through the budget . definitely sorry to say the president must be illiterate and ignorance, i wonder the kind corruption that will cross carpet under this administration when the president himself can't review the budget of a nation.

maybe the president can't understand what written in the whole budget . truly this man must be what they call him Dolapo........ grin grin grin grin grin
i swear many corruption we take place under this administration unnoticed may GOD help Nigeria. lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by shigoslim(m): 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
tuale4u:

he 3.6bn naira car budget for d presidency is not for Buhari. Buhari said he initially rejected it. But he was told that d cars are for foreign presidents which will be coming to Nigeria in 2016 for diplomatic reasons.

see your response like a childish. when we you APCsheat get sense for once. your president then must be pure illiterate.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by jmaine: 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2016
tuale4u:

Imagine the imbec1lic response you shamelessly gave all in a bid to project your sycophancy . . . . . . The earlier you shut up the better for you .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by IcecoldDon: 8:23am On Jan 04, 2016
tuale4u:

he 3.6bn naira car budget for d presidency is not for Buhari. Buhari said he initially rejected it. But he was told that d cars are for foreign presidents which will be coming to Nigeria in 2016 for diplomatic reasons.d

Sir, the amount regardless is too exorbitant and attention grabbing for the present clime. Besides I don't believe Buhari is aware of it or would approve if he was which informed my initial post of it not being diplomatic at this political moment.

Also, why do we need new cars at all.....are we to understand that there are no brand new cars of less than a year old in the foreign ministry or presidency.

What's with our craze and obsession with budgeting for d same items every budget....must we buy cars,computers,kitchen utensils etc every year?

What happens to all those got during the 2015 allocation...abi does a brand new item depreciate without value in a year...

Buhari's team needs to fix this....enough excuses!!!
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by Shaftrod(m): 9:12am On Jan 04, 2016
IcecoldDon:

Where did you glean that information from in the budget break down or proposal?
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by atama27(m): 9:19am On Jan 04, 2016
tuale4u:
The 3.6bn naira car budget for d presidency is not for Buhari. Buhari said he initially rejected it. But he was told it for foreign presidents which will be coming to Nigeria in 2016 for diplomatic reasons.
God bless you, you really paid attention during the media chat, this issue should no more be an issue biko.
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by disloman(m): 9:22am On Jan 04, 2016
IcecoldDon:

The #3.6B is meant for the foreign envoy.Do listen to the presidential chat again.No amount was budgeted for cars for the executive.
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by TheFreeOne: 9:35am On Jan 04, 2016
disloman:
The #3.6B is meant for the foreign envoy.Do listen to the presidential chat again.No amount was budgeted for cars for the executive.

Which yeye foreign envoys are they talking about Buhari had to save face with that cos he was boxed into a corner.

When Stella oduah was enmeshed with bullet proof cars imbroglio a lot of dusts were raised and now the presidency expects Nigerians to support such waste of resources.

A lot of people can't access forex for genuine businesses whilst he wanted to waste same on BMW cars as if they don't have cars for visiting dignitaries

He must be silly if he thinks Nigerians will be that fooled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by drss1(m): 9:41am On Jan 04, 2016
francizy:
Can someone please tell me the difference between:

Buhari's ₦3.63billion budget for cars, and
National Assemblys' ₦4.7billion pegged down for cars purchase?

I do not actually see any difference here because both of these scenarios bothers on waste of our scarce resources and should be outrightly condemned by any well meaning Nigerian. However, some partisan supporters went into hiding or defended Buhari's budget rigorously but was quick to attack NA and claim that they're the people hindering Buhari from giving them change.

Buhari supporters will tell you that NA has already obtained car loans and I ask, what happened to the cars presently at Buhari's disposal? Why can't he use them? Or is he planning to dispose them off at ₦150,000 per vehicle (just like we saw on news about how someone disposed off government vehicles of only some months old at such ridiculous amounts)?

Assuming my father is a king, and I have an elder brother with so many younger ones, my elder brother cannot get a huge sum from my dad to purchase a vehicle and when I request for some cash to enable me purchase for me and my younger ones, he jumps out from no where and starts telling us not to waste the king's money. Therefore, Buhari lacks the moral justification, to dictate to the senate how not to be wasteful when he himself is the chief waster.

The earlier we drop partisanship and move in one voice, the better for us all. This is because you as a person can't support an action from one person but when done by another you critize that person expecting others that you disagreed with initially to support you on the later action. Talk about calling back your representatives at the senates or protesting, you all may go ahead but don't expect people you disagreed with hypocritically to tow same line as you.
no difference. d dullard didn't even read d budget before presenting it to nass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by drss1(m): 9:45am On Jan 04, 2016
Shaftrod:
wat ar u saying d 2016 bugjet presented to nass has a provision of N3.9 billion for d purchase of BMW cars n u ar talking something.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by drss1(m): 9:49am On Jan 04, 2016
tuale4u:
wat happen to d ones presently at aso rock. Buari is wasting funds for no reason. let dem use d old ones n stop telling stories.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by francizy(m): 10:31am On Jan 04, 2016
drss1:
wat ar u saying d 2016 bugjet presented to nass has a provision of N3.9 billion for d purchase of BMW cars n u ar talking something.

Don't mind the mofos. By the way, that's even the only extravagant spending on that budget. Too many loopholes. I bet he'll feign ignorant of those ones too, just like Fashola did when questioned by the senate regarding the funds misappropriation during his time as Lagos state governor.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by drss1(m): 10:40am On Jan 04, 2016
francizy:

Don't mind the mofos. By the way, that's even the only extravagant spending on that budget. Too many loopholes. I bet he'll feign ignorant of those ones too, just like Fashola did when questioned by the senate regarding the funds misappropriation during his time as Lagos state governor.
hahahahahha wachout in 2019 buari dullard will appear before PDP probe panel n claim he doesn't sign checks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by disloman(m): 11:05am On Jan 04, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Which yeye foreign envoys are they talking about Buhari had to save face with that cos he was boxed into a corner.

When Stella oduah was enmeshed with bullet proof cars imbroglio a lot of dusts were raised and now the presidency expects Nigerians to support such waste of resources.

A lot of people can't access forex for genuine businesses whilst he wanted to waste same on BMW cars as if they don't have cars for visiting dignitaries

He must be silly if he thinks Nigerians will be that fooled.
Your case is irredeemable.
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by francizy(m): 11:28am On Jan 04, 2016
drss1:
hahahahahha wachout in 2019 buari dullard will appear before PDP probe panel n claim he doesn't sign checks.

Na so na. Worst thing is, some zombies will still applaud him..
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by ba7man(m): 11:36am On Jan 04, 2016
francizy:

Na so na. Worst thing is, some zombies will still applaud him..
You exposed your ignorance.

Hide your head in shame or learn.
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by amInigerian: 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by poiZon: 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
tuale4u:

is buhari hiding things from us?
is he planning to host all presidents in nigeria this year?
stop confusing urrself wif presidency n president, na d same thing!
just like nsa n dasuki na one!
buhari is wasting 3.6billion to acquire cars for presidency n also spend 189million to change tyres which to we reasonable nigerians is wasteful!
abi d cars will d forreign president buy it or what? will they fuel it n do d maintenance?
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
drss1:

You mean KOWA probe panel,
There will be no PDP in 2019
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by drss1(m): 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

You mean KOWA probe panel,
There will be no PDP in 2019
which kowa party Party way don disappear only to reappear during election
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
drss1:
which kowa party Party way don disappear only to reappear during election

Silence does not mean absence, you can ask twitter senator on the floor of the house of assembly
Re: Buhari's Car Budget And That Of National Assembly by babs4president: 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
poiZon:
Honestly. I av bin a fervent and ardent supporter of PMB since he declared his intention 4 d presidency and when he mount d throne but 2 av tot dat d man cud even muster d courage of fixing tyre 4 189mil, 2.2b 4 traveling expenses is to say the least, a sleight n slap on the faces of all the people that voted for change, infact dis is nt d change I voted for.

is buhari hiding things from us?
is he planning to host all presidents in nigeria this year?
stop confusing urrself wif presidency n president, na d same thing!
just like nsa n dasuki na one!
buhari is wasting 3.6billion to acquire cars for presidency n also spend 189million to change tyres which to we reasonable nigerians is wasteful!
abi d cars will d forreign president buy it or what? will they fuel it n do d maintenance?
[color=#550000][/color].

(1) (2) (Reply)

International Observers To Monitor IPOB Leader Kanu’s Court Session / Video : Benjamin Netanyahu Prime Minister Of Israel Accusing Nigerian Government / Another Civil War In Nigeria Will Be A Mini World War.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.