Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,262 members, 7,839,326 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel (3670 Views)

The Tower Of Babel - Discussion Thread / The Tower Of Babel / If God Is Not The Author Of Confusion, What About The Tower Of Babel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by analice107: 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2016
johnydon22:

I wonder how you people say this with a straight face.. An omnipotent being clamoring for glory and relevance like his life depends on it..

You see anything that insecure as to engage tiny creatures as humans in such childish show just to GLORIFY HIMSELF to humans is not only insecure but has a childish egoism that is disturbing..

Wonder how you cannot find the sheer childishness in an alleged all powerful god who is a chronic Narcissist, has abject insecurity as to always seek for self glorification even to the extent of hitting it off with tiny creatures as humans..

Its like me going to destroy some sand sculptures built by children just to prove to them am stronger.. isn't that an incurable show of insecurity?

that even makes me more childish than they are..

Its so fascinating how you all sell God concepts so insecure and childish that it seeks glorification to dabble into such childish cases..

Yes and the alleged creator of the universe is dragging names and glory with mere humans that it gets jealous that they wanted to make a name for themselves..

Of what concern is such mundane activity to such a powerful being, how in the world did an omnipowerful being get so cheap and childish to be easily taunted or go on a glory seeking challenge with mere human beings that he allegedly created...

Pitiful..

Lmao.. there was never an event where the historical Nebuchadnezzar turned into an animal ..

Am so sure the topic was on Abrahamic God, so why should i used it as an avenue to attack other God concepts that has nothing to do with the concept?.

Open a thread on Brahma and watch me do to it exactly as i do to Yahweh...

I honestly do not care what people's opinions are on my stance on Personal Gods.. Maybe your criteria for atheism is person who attacks other Gods but not Abrahamic Gods..

Seriously.. There is no award for people you regard to be atheist or not.. so your opinions bears no weight on who is an atheist or not..
John, I will leave you to go on with your condescending attitude towards God for now. But be rest assured that very soon, you shall stand on this other side and tell those over there, "I was once like you". You will see clearly. Satan won't be able to kill you until that happens.

1 Like

Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by johnydon22(m): 6:45am On Jan 06, 2016
analice107:

John, I will leave you to go on with your condescending attitude towards God for now. But be rest assured that very soon, you shall stand on this other side and tell those over there, "I was once like you". You will see clearly. Satan won't be able to kill you until that happens.
Oh God!!! Alright heard what you said.. Hope you can read the things i wrote up there and give them a thought yourself.. Nothing i wrote up there is an insult ..Just think about them, take all the time you need..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by vikkeee(m): 8:07am On Jan 06, 2016
chichriso:
Op please i want to correct an impression here, sky is different from heaven please!

No scientist have ever gotten to heaven, they only stop at the moon, please do your research very well and come back
So where is heaven?
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by warriboy21(m): 8:35am On Jan 06, 2016
hhsshhsss i guest vio
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by urahara(m): 9:23am On Jan 06, 2016
vikkeee:
Good afternoon nairalanders....
Today in church during the sermon, the pastor said something about the tower of babel and my mind began to work.
I was thinking, because according to the bible, the people were building a tower that would reach the heavens meaning God could be seen if anybody reached that so he caused confusion among them.
Today space science has made it possible for man to cross the sky(heavens). So how come our scientist have not seen God? Is it that the "heaven" that the tower of babel builders were planning to reach is different from our "heaven" today? Or did God change base?
Happy first sunday of the year!

Yahweh made a fuss about the tower of babel but he does nothing about the burg khalifa
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
analice107:

Start counting.
Where do I start?
Becomes angry when man wants to build a five storey building; but doesn't stop the eygptians building pyramids.
Stops the earth on its axis, dissipating billions of energy and ripping the wind of every animal on earth like sacks.

A grown man magically sleeps in the belly of a whale for 3? 7? Days and comes out unharmed.

Divides a sea into two, not minding the depth of the sea; or even the distance from land to sea floor!

So you see, dear Ma'm or Sir, there are quite the number of absurdities in the bible

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
SirWere:
Where do I start?
Becomes angry when man wants to build a five storey building; but doesn't stop the eygptians building pyramids.
Stops the earth on its axis, dissipating billions of energy and ripping the wind of every animal on earth like sacks.

A grown man magically sleeps in the belly of a whale for 3? 7? Days and comes out unharmed.

Divides a sea into two, not minding the depth of the sea; or even the distance from land to sea floor!

So you see, dear Ma'm or Sir, there are quite the number of absurdities in the bible
How do you even think? Those events were supposedly SUPERNATURAL.
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ahh..... Supernatural events.....

The Vikings once considered lightning supernatural; it was said to be thor banging his anvil.

The Romans thought earthquakes were the chariot of the War God riding the earth.

Dude, the age of the supernatural in which one ascribes mysterious phenomena to God(s) has gone.
timonski:

How do you even think? Those events were supposedly SUPERNATURAL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
SirWere:
Ahh..... Supernatural events.....

The Vikings once considered lightning supernatural; it was said to be thor banging his anvil.

The Romans thought earthquakes were the chariot of the War God riding the earth.

Dude, the age of the supernatural in which one ascribes mysterious phenomena to God(s) has gone.
Guy, those events were described as miraculous in the bible.
You have no arguments here unless you are smarter than Isaac Newton.
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
timonski:

Guy, those events were described as miraculous in the bible.
You have no arguments here unless you are smarter than Isaac Newton.
Of course they are miraculous! What would Archimedes call the mordern light bulb

And how the heck does Newton enter this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
SirWere:
Of course they are miraculous! What would Archimedes call the mordern light bulb

And how the heck does Newton enter this?
Newton, a much smarter than you are, believed in the bible and its miraculous claims.
So like a said, you have no arguments.
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
timonski:

Newton, a much smarter than you are, believed in the bible and its miraculous claims.
Isaac Newton? The same Isaac Newton who disbelieved the Trinity idea? The same Isaac Newton who after his death, letter showed he was allegedly a freemason (I don't believe that ish). That same Isaac Newton who thought light was made up of rays? Dude, Newton was born during the 1600s, a time when atheism was not even considered in England. Stop hiding behind his tails bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by urahara(m): 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
timonski:

I am hallucinating or have I just the most stupidest argument from a xtian. Any way if that's how you base your arguments therefore by default the bible is wrong because Einstein says so.
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
urahara:

I am hallucinating or have I just the most stupidest argument from a xtian. Any way if that's how you base your arguments therefore by default the bible is wrong because Einstein says so.
lol. Newton>>>>Einstein. Indeed, your arguments are weak.
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by johnydon22(m): 9:12am On Jan 07, 2016
timonski:

lol. Newton>>>>Einstein. Indeed, your arguments are weak.
Your argument is the weak one here, in fact you have not even pulled out any argument at all.. Just saying Newton this then it must be right..

If you want to argue with them, get constructive and pull out comprehensive point..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Richirich713: 10:25am On Jan 07, 2016
SirWere:
Isaac Newton? The same Isaac Newton who disbelieved the Trinity idea? The same Isaac Newton who after his death, letter showed he was allegedly a freemason (I don't believe that ish). That same Isaac Newton who thought light was made up of rays? Dude, Newton was born during the 1600s, a time when atheism was not even considered in England. Stop hiding behind his tails bro.

Newton was familiar with atheism.

“Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance.” “I have a fundamental belief in the Bible as the Word of God, written by men who were inspired. I study the Bible daily"

What he said here is still argued today, namely the fine tuning of the universe didn't happen by chance but by design.
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 07, 2016
Dude, Newton studied the movement of planets and thought them so inexplicable, he submitted to a belief in God. Now science can account for these planetary movement (Johnydon22 can explain this more to you). And stop, for the sake of providence, appealing to authority. Have a lovely and productive day............ser
Richirich713:

Newton was familiar with atheism.

“Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance.” “I have a fundamental belief in the Bible as the Word of God, written by men who were inspired. I study the Bible daily"

What he said here is still argued today, namely the fine tuning of the universe didn't happen by chance but by design.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Richirich713: 11:12am On Jan 07, 2016
SirWere:
Dude, Newton studied the movement of planets and thought them so inexplicable, he submitted to a belief in God. Now science can account for these planetary movement (Johnydon22 can explain this more to you). And stop, for the sake of providence, appealing to authority. Have a lovely and productive day............ser

I'm not Appealing to authority, I was just pointing out that Newton was familiar with atheists.

Same to u
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by analice107: 11:47am On Jan 07, 2016
johnydon22:

Oh God!!! Alright heard what you said.. Hope you can read the things i wrote up there and give them a thought yourself.. Nothing i wrote up there is an insult ..Just think about them, take all the time you need..
I have read all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by analice107: 11:51am On Jan 07, 2016
SirWere:
Where do I start?

HahahahahahahahaHHHa.
Man, your mind is so small. Ah, where do I begin with you? A five year old, reasons better than you. Shit.
Come on Ana, stop wasting time with this child.
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Whatever you say maam.I don't really like arguments with theists anyways. Good day, dude.
analice107:

HahahahahahahahaHHHa.
Machining, your mind is so small. Ah, where do I begin with you? A five year old, reasons better than you. Shit.
Come on Ana, stop wasting with this guy.
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by analice107: 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
SirWere:
Whatever you say maam.I don't really like arguments with theists anyways. Good day, dude.
You call me Ma, am, you call me dude. Make up your mind already. Am I Ma, am or dude?
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by johnydon22(m): 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
analice107:

You call me Ma, am, you call me dude. Make up your mind already. Am I Ma, am or dude?
Hahahahahaha Anna you won't kill me
Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
Eh, might we call it a slip of the............hand? grin
analice107:

Re: The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel by analice107: 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
SirWere:
Eh, might we call it a slip of the............hand? grin
Am a lady dear. So ma'am will do just fine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Monday Bible Study (DCLM) / Bishop Of The Whole World? / True Story- Muslim Sees Jesus In Toronto-canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.