Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Can A Former President Run For Governor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Former President Run For Governor? (992 Views)

Ikpeazu Arrives Uyo For Governor Udom Emmanuel's Reception (photos) / El-rufai's Fan Constructs A Wooden Plane For Governor In Kaduna (Photos) / Levy For Governor’s Perfume: Rivers Women Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Former President Run For Governor? by MrPolitics: 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
I was just thinking and I would like to know if a former president can run for a lower office like OBJ deciding to run for ogun state governor or GEJ deciding to run for bayelsa state governor.

If they can't, I'm sure their spouses probably can. Imagine MaMa Peace as Governor grin
Re: Can A Former President Run For Governor? by zendy: 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
Legally, yes. Politically, not a wise move.
Re: Can A Former President Run For Governor? by orobs93(m): 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
Yes
Re: Can A Former President Run For Governor? by Lordave: 6:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
Why not?

I think Buhari has such ambition, after the presidential election, he made mention of putting Katsina state in the right direction after his tenure as president of Nigeria in an interview with NCA.

grin grin
Re: Can A Former President Run For Governor? by AyakaDunukofia: 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
All are PUBLIC SERVICE positions in the actual sense. And anyone who eyes these positions should come with humility.

There are countless heads of governments around the world who had at several times served back and forth as Prime Ministers and later as cabinet ministers or even small city mayors.

But the problem is that the st.upid African thievery politician is always full of himself that he sees political positions from the prism of climbing a ladder.

The current Israeli Prime Minister once served as a cabinet minister after serving as a Prime Minister before he returned as a Prime minister again. So was his predecessor, Shimon Perez. Former Swedish Prime Minister, Carl Bildt, served as a cabinet minister after his term as a Prime minister.

A former Belgian Prime Minister, Jean Luc Dehaene, was elected a small city mayor after his term as a prime Minister, and the list is endless.
It's all about service to humanity and so there should be humility in the process.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Former President Run For Governor? by philGeo(m): 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
I have learns a lot.
Re: Can A Former President Run For Governor? by fearNORTH: 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
I was dumbfounded when I stumbled on the interview where the Gambari goro addict unequivocally declared his intention to run for Katsina governorship election.

Though that appears to be his saving grace because there's already an online Poll to oust the super clueless thing
Re: Can A Former President Run For Governor? by Brymo: 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
Lewl
Re: Can A Former President Run For Governor? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
Legally, yes

Politically, not a wise move.

Realistically, they will be roundly defeated.
Re: Can A Former President Run For Governor? by sammyj: 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
Why not especially when he need to repeat his class to learn to lead and not to be clueless! ! cool tongue
Re: Can A Former President Run For Governor? by AyakaDunukofia: 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2016
See them and their reasoning. They are "wiser" than those who introduced western leadership structure to them.
Black man will never learn
Re: Can A Former President Run For Governor? by yomi007k(m): 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
sammyj:
Why not especially when he need to repeat his class to learn to lead and not to be clueless! ! cool tongue

its not abt repeating.

its abt going back to help solve problems wen everyone available seems to be a retard.

(1) (Reply)

Check Hon. Emmanuel Makoji Egwu Projects At Idah Federal Constituency - Photos / Nigeria To Earn N3trn Annually From Maritime Security Agency — DG / 14 Photos You Will Definitely Relate To If You Played Football As A Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.