Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,384 members, 7,864,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend (1108 Views)

14 Ways To Know She Truly Loves You / Infatuation Vs. Love: 14 Ways To Differentiate Between Infatuation And Love / 14 ways to become the perfect boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by Dhilariousdandy(m): 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2016
Being a perfect boyfriend isn't always easy, even if you have an amazing girlfriend. A perfect boyfriend knows when to talk, and when to listen; when to offer advice, and when to offer sympathy; when to shower her with attention, and when to give her some space.

You need to be someone she can trust and admire, and even someone who makes her want to be a perfect girlfriend.

A perfect boyfriend adapts to the situation, and knows the job is never finished.

So, to guide you in the right direction, here are some tips for every long term boyfriend ever. You can thank us when she's not shouting at you tonight…....

1) Comment On Her Appearance (Positive Only, Obviously) Just because you've essentially given up on your general appearance now that you've landed someone, doesn't’ mean that she has.

So, instead of making a comment about how 'sexy’ she looks in her tracksuit bottoms (severe sarcasm detected), comment on how nice she looks when she’put an hours work into looking that way. A friendly bit of commentary will never go unnoticed, I assure you...

2) Celebrate The Little Things
Obviously I’m not suggesting that you have month-versaries or anything as weird as that, but celebrating anniversaries, Valentines, exam results, job successes or a good week in work, are all good enough reasons in my book. Surprise her every now and then with a little celebration and you'll reap the rewards.

3) Do Not Point Out Her Flaws For Gods sake man, do you want to lose a limb? Women obsess over their flaws far more than men can even begin to imagine.

In fact, if you even knew how much time they waste hating there appearance, you’d be shocked. Therefore encouraging her to rant about her fat’ thighs is the most stupid thing you could ever, ever do... (Take Note)

4) Don't Talk About Your Exes, (Especially If They Were Really Hot) Women probably know everything there is to know already, on account of the fact that they might have stalked her numerous times on Facebook.

Never, ever underestimate a
woman's stalking skills. She probably knows more about you than you do...

5) If She’s Acting Crazy, Buy Her Chocolate Stat There are generally two reasons that a girl will be acting crazy. She's either pissed at you for being you, or it's that time of the month.

If she's also complaining about being a woman, just know that she's feeling a little bloated and is crying at the X Factor, then there's no doubt about it. She's on the blob.
Buy her chocolate and hold her while she cries at crap films and you'll be the best boyfriend ever. (For today.)

6) Don't Forget To Randomly Text Her From Time To Time It's all too easy to take your other half for granted when you've been together for a long period of time, so touching base every now and then is imperative.

Just a funny little text will do the trick and get you back on her mind in no time.

7) Don't Ever Comment On Her Hot Friends Because that is a very good way to lose a part of your special anatomy...(Be Warned)

cool Do Not Attempt To Put An Ugly Picture Of Her On Facebook, I noticed that men do this to other men and even women to other women, but what the Bleep would posses you to do it to your girlfriend? You are not Ashton and she is not Demi and it's not funny or cute. Not acceptable. Ever...

9) Never Disrespect Our Parents They are also the reason behind our existence (When I said OUR I mean the both parties) therefore you should automatically be grateful to them. Make an effort and inquire about them from time to time, that's all it takes...

10) Leave Her To Shop Alone
There's nothing more annoying to women than having an annoying man following them around grumbling about being bored, when all they want to do is buy three dress for 21k and rejoice. Do them a favour and go wait in the pub...

11) Surprise Her Every Now And Then, There’s a certain element of getting into a routine when you're in a long term relationship, so instead of spending another weekend in the pub together, surprise her with a little treat, a date night, a weekend away, a new sex move or whatever else it takes to put you in the good books.

Whatever it is that you do will show that you've put thought and care into it and that's a massive plus in there eyes. Honestly...

12) Learn to compromise. Compromise is a big part of successful communication. If you and your girlfriend can't disagree without getting into a big fight or without one person immediately giving in to the needs of the other, then you have a problem.

To be good at compromising, you should be able to talk about your needs and wants while understanding where your girlfriend is coming from, instead of ignoring her own side of the story..

13) Be sympathetic. If it means something to her, it should mean something to you. It doesn't matter that you wouldn't be interested in the issue if it weren't for her..
Relationship is about sharing experiences and being supportive.

When she's upset, try to put yourself in her shoes and understand where she's coming from. Don't just dismiss her feelings because you think it's "not that big of a deal..

14) Support Her, No Matter What
That's what you’re there for, after all. If she's feeling down, cheer her up. If she's quiet, talk to her. If she's having family problems, be there for her and if you’re the reason she's upset, then change your bad habits before she changes her boyfriend.

Above all, be her shoulder to cry on and her solid support system. Remind her why she loves you and you're on the right track...
Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by Godswillnwaoma(m): 10:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
I no fit do am.
Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
Impossible Shiit!
Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2016
smiley smiley
Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by TrapLORD(m): 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
I'd rather be the perfect husband.

1 Like

Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by Greenbullet(m): 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
this sincerely consists mainly of bullocks. ,most naija gals ain't worth it.
Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by Michellla(f): 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
No one is perfect

1 Like

Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by ronald4lif(m): 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
I beg to differ with number 3. If I find out her attire isn't suitable for a certain event I'll tell her straight up. Also, if she's not being attentive to her weight or her tummy is protruding it is my responsibility to call her attention to it.

One can't just overlook certain things coz you don't want to sound offensive. Sure you can tell in a polite manner. How can you claim to love someone and don't call their attention if their attire/make-up isn't proper?

1 Like

Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
Number 15....Kiss my balls hoe
Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by kristen12(f): 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
Instead of making yourself happy, you're trying to look perfect for someone that might not even notice you talk more of appreciating you.
Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by DenreleDave(m): 4:56am On Oct 14, 2020
Danielstainz:
Number 15....Kiss my balls hoe

Imagine, no wonder u r destined for **ll

Where Satan will burn grin

Paedophile
Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by Theboy21: 6:16am On Oct 14, 2020
How to be a perfect Woman asslicker, after all this she will still jump to a sentless real niggas dick cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by Uniquekriss(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2020
No be every girl dey let love like this. Some are just better of as Bleep mates. I wanna retain my sanity plz.
Re: 14 Ways To Become The Perfect Boyfriend by ImpregnaTor(m): 7:25am On Oct 14, 2020
Wow this thread is really encouraging for simps...
nice one op

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Ways Of Identifying A ‘runs Girl’ In Lagos / Aight, Get In Here Faggots_ And Distinguished Civillians / His Birthday Is Coming Up. No Idea On Wat To Get Him. Guys Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.