Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti (26520 Views)

Call Your Men To Order, Governor Ikpeazu Warns Army / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor / We Don't Have Land For Grazing Reserves In South-East - Okezie Ikpeazu Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by Lilimax(f): 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
Alex Otti we know!
Ala Abia ga-adi nma n'aha Jisos.
Amem!

5 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by nkoni01: 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
Filed another appeal
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by Kzealz(m): 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
dustmalik:
Appeal goes up to the supreme court, so as long as Ikpeazu wants to appeal the decision, Alex Otti can't be sworn in.

I hope these same people saying Ikpeazu should step down and Alex Otti be sworn in, also agree that Wike should have stepped down and allow fresh election be conducted after Wike lost his appeal? Because if that is not their opinion, then they are hypocrites.

What is good enough for PDP in Rivers state, should also be good enough for PDP in Abia.

Wike's mandate was nullified... ikpeazu was sacked... hope u can now differentiate between nullification and sacking....

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by nkoni01: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2016
File another appeal
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by dandollaz: 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
dustmalik:
Appeal goes up to the supreme court, so as long as Ikpeazu wants to appeal the decision, Alex Otti can't be sworn in.

I hope these same people saying Ikpeazu should step down and Alex Otti be sworn in, also agree that Wike should have stepped down and allow fresh election be conducted after Wike lost his appeal? Because if that is not their opinion, then they are hypocrites.

What is good enough for PDP in Rivers state, should also be good enough for PDP in Abia.
you got it wrong.Abia and Rivers case are different.just like murder and theft are not the same in court of law.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by EasternLion: 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
WisdomCanada:
I don't have your time, come and reverse the judgement let's see, u can protest till heaven comes, u people are even lucky that the Ohuhus travelled for holidays, if not they for stop that una paid protest, lol, u guys are angry that the ohuhus has outnumbered u in ur Ngwaland, courtesy of ur greedy elders who sold out their rights for stockfish and seaman schnapps, also get this to your skull, supreme court upholds 90% of appeal court's judgement and this case won't be exceptional, I don't even have ur time this morning.

look at the way you are talking at your fellow Igbo man, tomorrow now all of us will be shouting Biafra upandan.
It's their time to produce a governor, let them be, that is the same way we scorn when others say Igbos can't be president.

i just don't like that, that is why I respect Ikwerres right not to be called Igbos, because the same fate Ngwas are suffering is what will befell them.

I don't like it, the man is doing good so far, am not from Abia, but i live in Aba, the man is trying, all the hate towards Okezie is just because he is an Ngwa man, very very very bad.

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by olac21(m): 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
yungpowers:
Even an unborn baby in its mother's womb will leap to show dissatisfaction in the recent partial judgement the court of appeal gave in favour of Alex Otti. How can you cancel the votes of three local government areas, Obingwa, Osisioma, Isiala-Ngwa North. Does that mean that only 14 LGAs have the right to choose their leader while the other 3 are yet to have theirs?
That means that the governor has been denied his right to vote, because Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu hails from Obingwa.
There's CORRUPTION AND INJUSTICE in Nigerian Judiciary–PMB.

Let me lend some credence to the matter bro...in Ekiti here,in 2010,in d Fayemi&Segun Oni case,Ido Osi LGA(Segun Oni's LGA)was cancelled cos of widespread irregularities and Kayode Fayemi was declared winner of the election by the Appeal court in Ilorin....he was sworn in d 2nd day(16th Oct 2010)d Question is-Y didn't Segun Oni stay in office and say he stil has the supreme court option

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by Kzealz(m): 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
yungpowers:

Obingwa, being the home of Gov. Okezie lkpeazu is the second largest LGA in the whole federation. Alex Otti out of his ignorance never had any of his campaigns in Obingwa, so he shouldn't expect a miraculous figure from them. They've got the largest population in Abia.
Get that into your skull.

would have loved to educate u more on this ishhh... but judging from ur write ups.. seems u have a low instincts wouldn't waste my time educating a psychopath... ur stupid brother ikpeazu can go to supreme Court... mind u he's election wasn't nullified.... he was SACKED.... and supreme Court will definitely upholds appeal judgement... and get it into ur skull... the 3 lga u making noise bout got manipulated by Ur stupid brother... registered voters wasn't the same as the result... tell me where u got those figures from?

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by WisdomCanada(m): 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
EasternLion:

look at the way you are talking at your fellow Igbo man, tomorrow now all of us will be shouting Biafra upandan.
It's their time to produce a governor, let them be, that is the same way we scorn when others say Igbos can't be president.

i just don't like that, that is why I respect Ikwerres right not to be called Igbos, because the same fate Ngwas are suffering is what will befell them.

I don't like it, the man is doing good so far, am not from Abia, but i live in Aba, the man is trying, all the hate towards Okezie is just because he is an Ngwa man, very very very bad.
Easternlion Igbo is one, that's all I can say for now, nobody is against the Ngwas from rulling Abia, but everyone is against election malpractice, FYI I am from the Ukwa extract of Abia south, same way i supported Jonathan and voted APGA in Abia is the same way I support Biafra and vote APGA in Abia.

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by blaize23: 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
yungpowers:

Obingwa, being the home of Gov. Okezie lkpeazu is the second largest LGA in the whole federation. Alex Otti out of his ignorance never had any of his campaigns in Obingwa, so he shouldn't expect a miraculous figure from them. They've got the largest population in Abia.
Get that into your skull.
.my dear even a daft knows that animal voted for Alex Otti u can compare it with tribunal and appeal judgement. obingwa people voted for change not stagnancy
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by WisdomCanada(m): 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lilimax:
Alex Otti we know!
Ala Abia ga-adi nma n'aha Jisos.
Amem!
my sister tell them again grin

5 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by prince4pro(m): 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
No body is against ikpeazu or the ngwa ppl, but the ppl of abia voted for change and against the bad governance of pdp and T. A Orji. If we can b truthful to ourselves we all no dat Alex oti won d election ND that d 3LGA were manipulated.
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by freshawag: 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
WisdomCanada:
I don't have your time, come and reverse the judgement let's see, u can protest till heaven comes, u people are even lucky that the Ohuhus travelled for holidays, if not they for stop that una paid protest, lol, u guys are angry that the ohuhus has outnumbered u in ur Ngwaland, courtesy of ur greedy elders who sold out their rights for stockfish and seaman schnapps, also get this to your skull, supreme court upholds 90% of appeal court's judgement and this case won't be exceptional, I don't even have ur time this morning.
so welcoming strangers and allowing them to buy and sell in Abangwa is now termed greed...na was o

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by peleson: 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
WisdomCanada:
For the umpteenth time, 3 LGAs wasn't cancelled in Abia, over voting was recorded in those 3 LGAs then with the help of ICT data from Abuja, all illegal votes was cancelled, the remains of the valid votes was counted, and APGA garnered more votes, hope u grab?
Why not apply the same on the presidential election and let us see if buhari will not come out 3rd. Under-age voters
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by gsport: 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
WisdomCanada:
equity demand that those who come to it must do so with clean hands,we're they elections in those local government, no by chance don't you see or hear the report of both local and foreign obverses that election didnot held in those local government,when you refuse to play by the rule the law will take it causes. Inec has power to nullify the fraud u called election.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by dustmalik: 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
Kzealz:

Wike's mandate was nullified... ikpeazu was sacked... hope u can now differentiate between nullification and sacking....
You are joking, right? Wike was equally sacked, and fresh election was ordered. My point is, both Ikpeazu and Wike have the right to take their appeal to the supreme court. My friend, you are confused.

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by asha80(m): 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
EasternLion:

and you think no ukwa ngwa man voted for otti?

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by biafranrealson: 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
otti, wait till the supreme court decides. if you illegally swear yourself in then you are the governor of your kindred. dont ever near umuahia
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
chynie:
ngwa cry me river okezie ikpeazu is going grin

STFU angry
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ngwa man or none!

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by Kenobus: 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
eagleeye2:
Why is it so difficult for politicians to obey court rulings. I truly predicted that this will happen since the FG has clearly shown total disregard for our Law Courts.
Ikpeazu still has an option of appeal at the supreme court, so why won't he at least obey the judgement of the Lower court (Appeal court)?
This is an invitation to anarchy.
ignorance I'd your disease. How can be obey when he has right of appeal?. You guys should get exposed

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by kahal29: 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2016
yungpowers:
Even an unborn baby in its mother's womb will leap to show dissatisfaction in the recent partial judgement the court of appeal gave in favour of Alex Otti. How can you cancel the votes of three local government areas, Obingwa, Osisioma, Isiala-Ngwa North. Does that mean that only 14 LGAs have the right to choose their leader while the other 3 are yet to have theirs?
That means that the governor has been denied his right to vote, because Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu hails from Obingwa.
There's CORRUPTION AND INJUSTICE in Nigerian Judiciary–PMB.

It's normal to cancel votes. As it happened in EDO in the case of Oshiomole, ONDO in the case of Mimiko, OSUN in the case of Aregbesola where 10 LGA'S where cancelled so it will happen in Abia.

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by eagleeye2: 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
dustmalik:

You are joking, right? Wike was equally sacked, and fresh election was ordered. My point is, both Ikpeazu and Wike have the right to take their appeal to the supreme court. My friend, you are confused.
The guy you quoted was right. The Rivers Gubernatorial elections was declared null and void, and a FRESH ELECTION was called. But in the case of Abia, the Appeal Court sacked (removed) Dr Ikpeazu and asked Dr Alex Otti to be sworn in as the Abia Governor elect by INEC.
There can't be a Vacuum in Governance, that's why Wike can still stay on as Governor and pursue his case to the Supreme court. If Dr Ikpeazu stays on as the Governor, he will be disregarding the Judgement of the Appeal Court and that is why I said earlier that it is an Invitation to Anarchy.

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by eagleeye2: 2:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
Kenobus:
ignorance I'd your disease. How can be obey when he has right of appeal?. You guys should get exposed
Normally, I would have ignored you. But, you can do yourself a favor by educating yourself on similar judgement given in the past in such cases as this. Moreover, there was no need to sound insulting.
I may even be closer to the Ngwas than you, but sentiments are not allowed where rational thinking is needed.
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by chynie: 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:

STFU angry

Ohuhu don show una power, short ngwa man
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by nwadiuko1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
biafranrealson:
otti, wait till the supreme court decides. if you illegally swear yourself in then you are the governor of your kindred. dont ever near umuahia
him no fit try am na.....unless he wants to be a governor from St Anthony's morgue
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by maximunimpact(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
Trust me IPOD will kick even if it favours their party (APGA) just to spite FG and GMB.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
chynie:

Ohuhu don show una power, short ngwa man

I'm taller than you ewu..look at potbelly man calling his superiors short,wonders shall never end.
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by 1after: 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2016
mrphysics:
hmmmm. I love this country.

Slowly, democracy is taking it's place in this country which PDP has kept in bondage for 16 years. A child of sixteen years with good education should be in the University.

Whereas a child of Seven months is just leaving breast milk, yet PDP wants APC to be running.

Word!
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by dustmalik: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
eagleeye2:

The guy you quoted was right. The Rivers Gubernatorial elections was declared null and void, and a FRESH ELECTION was called. But in the case of Abia, the Appeal Court sacked (removed) Dr Ikpeazu and asked Dr Alex Otti to be sworn in as the Abia Governor elect by INEC.
There can't be a Vacuum in Governance, that's why Wike can still stay on as Governor and pursue his case to the Supreme court. If Dr Ikpeazu stays on as the Governor, he will be disregarding the Judgement of the Appeal Court and that is why I said earlier that it is an Invitation to Anarchy.
Now, two of you are confused. There is no vacuum anywhere. If Wike had stepped down and decided not to appeal at the supreme court, and since Rivers state house of assembly can't perform legislative duties any longer because the house can't form a quorum, given the sacking of 22 lawmakers, which, in turn, means that the law doesn't recognise the speaker, the state Chief judge would have assumed the acting governorship position, pending fresh election.

By the way, your comment suggests that If Wike is sacked by the supreme court, he would remain governor until fresh election is conducted. Sorry to say, but your comment is riddled with ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by chynie: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:

I'm taller than you ewu..look at potbelly man calling his superiors short,wonders shall never end.

i know that you are tall

afterall the tallest man in ngwa is shorter than the shortest man in nnewi grin

just saying
Re: Ikpeazu Warns Against Unlawful Swearing-in Of Otti by zendy: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
Kzealz:

I agree with you. The two judgements are not the same. In Rivers, a re-run was ordered but in Abia, Otti was declared winner. However, Ikpeazu maybe heading to the supreme court which might mean that the status quo might be maintained

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sani Daura Appointed As New Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Borno: Soldiers Repel Multiple Boko Haram Attacks, Kill Many, Arrest Bomb Maker / Enough Of The Theatrics, Go To Court Amaechi Tells Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.