Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas (3380 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Pictures From Boko Haram Massacre In Dalori (Viewer Discretion) / Saraki And Other Senators In Delta For Thanksgiving Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by dejiariyo: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2009
This is the sad story of the niger delta, this clips shows injustice from the nigeria soldiers killing ur own pple, its so sad
in this clip a guy was even shot when he was talking to the soldiers, why cant they just arrest him what sort of country is nigeria?am ashamed.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kbLnx5pJNQ&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 15, 2009
where are all the fucking leeches, you all have lost ur fingers to post, abi? it is coming out, the truth! gallant nigerian army! indeed!!!!! shooting defenceless people!!!!!!!!!! bastards!!!!!!!!!! thank God for the internet the truth is there for us to see, more videos will surface.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by cold(m): 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2009
this is sickening,it is truly pathetic.but we must realise that even the best armed forces in the world also hav deviants in their midst,although this is no consolation for the bereaved families
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by udezue(m): 12:05am On Jun 16, 2009
sick demented bastards
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by OneNaija(m): 12:35am On Jun 16, 2009
God I Hate Nigeria Army Oh my God I am out of Nigeria totally.Nothing On earth will make me step my legs on that Country even on my unborn child and my children s wont step their legs on that Country. Tribalism Country Unless Nigeria is divided.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by cold(m): 12:42am On Jun 16, 2009
OneNaija:

God I Hate Nigeria Army Oh my God I am out of Nigeria totally.Nothing On earth will make me step my legs on that Country even on my unborn child and my children s wont step their legs on that Country. Tribalism Country Unless Nigeria is divided.
Calm down,u're not even safe in Europe or America,though it's a lot better but not entirely safe
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by blackspade(m): 1:09am On Jun 16, 2009
Sad, may thier souls rest in peace.

What I don't understand is how the cameraman was able to film all of this, and put the footage on the internet. Were the soldiers even aware of the camera?
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by grafikdon: 1:18am On Jun 16, 2009
blackspade:

Sad, may thier souls rest in peace.

What I don't understand is how the cameraman was able to film all of this, and put the footage on the internet. Were the soldiers even aware of the camera?

It is very bizarre. I heard one of the soldiers saying "Wey the guy with the camera now?". It seems they were aware of the filming because on another shot one of them was telling the Boma guy to face the camera before I heard what sounded like a gun shot and he stopped moving.

The video is very disturbing but at the same time it raised a lot of questions that I may not be able to answer.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Seun(m): 1:22am On Jun 16, 2009
Soldiers do not arrest people.  That's not what they are trained to do. 
They are trained to shoot to kill.  That's why we also have the police.

I have not watched the video and i will not watch it. 
I know terrible things happen in the world, and I wish I could make a difference,
but even on Nairaland i can't prevent people from fighting so let's just pray.

Soldiers fight for different reasons. Sometimes it's revenge, e.g. when their
colleagues are killed by militants they just go on rampage on innocent people.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by ijawgirl: 1:36am On Jun 16, 2009
oh my God this is heart breaking. Please put this thread on the front page.
tamunoboma May his soul rest in peace
What a country
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by ifele(m): 2:18am On Jun 16, 2009
Why wont Seun watch the vid? Niggas like Seun dont have balls.

Seun is practically justifying this murders. Seun yu gotta no balls yur a bitch.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Litmus: 3:46am On Jun 16, 2009
Arguments are one thing but we should also be mindful of limits. People watching this video for instance will be horrified and saddened, as they should. However, the emotion that individuals naturally feel in the face of death and the need to pay homage and respect, will cow many from asking questions. Yet, the grater the tragedy, the grater the need to question; questioning need not and must not bee seen in instance like this to imply callousness otherwise people jump to conclusions the ramifications of which could be catastrophic.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by blacksta(m): 6:30am On Jun 16, 2009
shocked
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by CyberG: 7:07am On Jun 16, 2009
Will ANY human being see this video or even contemplate the contents of this video and still make utterly FOOLISH and STUPID comments justifying the barbarism on display here? This is a SAD country!
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by ow11(m): 7:27am On Jun 16, 2009
This is a regular occurence in the ND where even the police kill people with circumstantial evidence. The soldiers believed the boys were boat drivers for a group of militants in Bonny, RV state and promptly killed them without investigation.

It is a sad occurrence that should never happen but as long as JTF is in the creeks and Yar'adua refuses to do what is right and MEND continues to blow up pipelines. Situations like this will continue to occur.

I was close to tears when I saw the video and the soldiers may not know how far this video might play into the hands of the 'perceived' enemy.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by generalzango(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2009
One naija, what have ur countries soldiers acheived so far, that you ignorantly hate our soldiers. The soldiers,they the SElFISH MILITANTS are killing don't they have famiy?
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by FACE(m): 7:41am On Jun 16, 2009
I don't care if that man was a militant or even a serial killer; he was captured alive for goodness sake but was not given any chance to have his day in court. He was defenceless and was shot in cold blood !!!

Now, this is a violation of all  human rights laws that I know of. Men captured at war or similar situation have a fundamental right to fair treatment. Total disregard for life, but that is Nigerian military and police for you.

I believe in karma and what goes around comes around. Those cold blooded men must get their recompense at some stage.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Litmus: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2009
During the biafra war, a Nigerian solder shot dead a civilian in front of a reporter, this brought outrage around the world and the Nigerian solder was caught easily, because his face had been broadcast, and he was tried and executed for his crime. You tube images reach more people than television in those days ever did. If the soldiers in the vid above committed a war crime, they will not escape justice in the end with their face plastered for all to see. Those solders know the history of their service so it makes the whole circumstances of the thing above even more questionable.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by snowdrops(m): 8:23am On Jun 16, 2009
how are we sure this was not stage managed by the criminals in the swamps as part of their propaganda against the military. Even though the men where wearing military outfit anyone can do that; gunshots were fired but that does not mean the guy was shot/killed; the other person who appeared lifeless, none of us are the to really confirm the guy dead. Well as for me first impression is that this is war, and in such a situation each side will do everything to paint themselves as saints and the other the very devils incarnate. The whole video could well be a con. Why will the army knowingly film themselves murdering someone in cold blood then paste in on youtube?
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Ibime(m): 9:24am On Jun 16, 2009
This is a regular occurence. Thats why I dont mourn when Nigerian soldiers are killed. Those justifying JTF's bombing in Gbaramatu know that the press reports JTF give is not what is happening on the ground. When they say they have killed a militant, it just means that they shot any able bodied man they found in the town. Meanwhile the real militants are still bombing the oil flows. I cannot blame Oga Seun for not wanting to watch the video for I know where he stands on this issue. . . . but if it some thread disparaging Saro-Wiwa, we will see it on the front page.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by asha80(m): 9:56am On Jun 16, 2009
I pity nigeria.Is this to fulfil the dishonourable member N'allah's mandate that 20 million people be killed to protect 100 million ?
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2009
if you can not watch the video, then shut the phuck up!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Litmus: 10:47am On Jun 16, 2009
The following is going to seem heartless or callous to some but it is a point that someone has to have the courage to make. And it is yet another question:  is the purpose for showing the video not ultimately part of the process of creating more of the same horror but on a larger scale?
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by russellino: 11:17am On Jun 16, 2009
This is very sad. I hope all the shallow needle pr.cks who sit in the comfort of their offices or homes and post crap about bombing militants and force of arms against the niger delta militants will drop their herd mentality and open their eyes to the truth. Am truly ashamed to be a Nigerian today
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by russellino: 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2009
Make no mistake there cannot be peace till there is justice. We think the rules dont apply to nigeria but they do. I pray this video doesnt circulate too far or isnt made into a DVD like they do in Afghanistan otherwise we're going to have even more hate brewing
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by asha80(m): 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2009
russellino:

Make no mistake there cannot be peace till there is justice. We think the rules dont apply to nigeria but they do. I pray this video doesnt circulate too far or isnt made into a DVD like they do in Afghanistan otherwise we're going to have even more hate brewing

I do not think it will brew more of what is already there.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by ow11(m): 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2009
Seun:

Soldiers do not arrest people.  That's not what they are trained to do. 
They are trained to shoot to kill.  That's why we also have the police.

The people in Guantanamo Bay were arrested by Policemen abi? The coup plotters (1990 and 1976) were arrested by policemen abi? What are you talking about?

Soldiers killing any man between 18 and 40 found in the villages of the ND can not be justified under any circumstance. Besides, Bonny where the murder took place is miles away from Gbaramatu where JTF is supposed to stop the incessant pipeline attacks by MEND.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Fhemmmy: 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2009
They could arrest and make them POW.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by Ibime(m): 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2009
ow11:

The people in Guantanamo Bay were arrested by Policemen abi? The coup plotters (1990 and 1976) were arrested by policemen abi? What are you talking about?

Soldiers killing any man between 18 and 40 found in the villages of the ND can not be justified under any circumstance. Besides, Bonny where the murder took place is miles away from Gbaramatu where JTF is supposed to stop the incessant pipeline attacks by MEND.

Dont even bother with Mr Admin. This is someone who openly stated that Niger Deltans didn't plant the oil so they have no right to it. He wouldn't put a page like this on the front page, but he would put an empty threat by MEND on the front page as well as some nonsense taking shots at Saro-Wiwa. Anyway, make I no talk too much before I get banned.  grin
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by FACE(m): 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2009
Ibime:

This is a regular occurence. Thats why I dont mourn when Nigerian soldiers are killed. Those justifying JTF's bombing in Gbaramatu know that the press reports JTF give is not what is happening on the ground. When they say they have killed a militant, it just means that they shot any able bodied man they found in the town. Meanwhile the real militants are still bombing the oil flows. I cannot blame Oga Seun for not wanting to watch the video for I know where he stands on this issue. . . . but if it some thread disparaging Saro-Wiwa, we will see it on the front page.

Two wrongs don't make a right ! Have you considered that there might not have been any bombing of Gbaramatu by JTF if they had not been shot at and killed by the militants ?

We gotta hold our hands up and concede that the criminal activities of MEND have brought more hardship upon the majority while lining the pockets of a few.
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by freed(m): 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2009
NAIJA WE HAIL THEE! Hausa, Fulani country
Re: Massacre In Niger Delta For Oil And Gas by snowdrops(m): 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2009
The whole senseless killings have to stop from both sides. Innocent civilians [women, children and elderly] ultimately pay the price. It is sad that the so called freedom fighting by the militants is feuled by crude oil smuggling and some faceless wealthy sponsors who conviniently move their families to plum locations in nigeria or overseas, then arm young unemployed nds to do their dirty work.
Make no mistakes, it may take 10, 20 yrs etc,  the nd will not break up from nigeria. the militants are fighting a lost battle. They should ask their counterparts from other parts of the world, pkk [turkey], tamil tigers [sri lanka], bask [spain], ira [n. ireland], et al.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To sell 3 Presidential Jets / Half-Unclad Women Protest Against Shell in Bayelsa (PICTURE) / Fashola Should Stop Running His Mouth, He’s A Product Of God-fatherism–ayo Fayos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.