Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year (14359 Views)

Do You Suffer From Low Traffic on Your Blog? - This Is the Final Solution / How To Boost Your Blog Traffic By 40% [WordPress Only][Thread Resurrected] / Win A Tech Blog This Feburary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by naijagalnxtdoor: 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
Op how can I contact you?
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by donwise1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
Neyoor:
I have the equipments to use and I already know the niche I want to delve into but still yet to know how to set up my blog

Any help would be appreciated.

Contact me for ur blog setup and design. I own www.wizytechs.com
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Mayfrank(m): 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
Neyoor:
I have the equipments to use and I already know the niche I want to delve into but still yet to know how to set up my blog

Will be glad to help.. whatsapp me 07014255231
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Speakdatruth: 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
blogging blogger bloggest just passing though
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Tobium1(m): 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
I don't want to buy house in banana island, I will buy mine in UK
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Speakdatruth: 5:19pm On Jan 05, 2016
glossy6:
What areas are worth blogging about or is just gossip like Linda does?
an area of choice and passion
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by wizkidblogger(f): 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Donpeak(f): 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
I need a blog...
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by studentsnaija(f): 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
Its a very nice idea to keep oneself engaged

Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by beesyb(f): 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks a bunch. This will be helpful
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by HRich(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
[b]7. You Can Make Money From Blogging.
I'm more interested on this one. How do i start?
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
GET A CHEAP WEBHOSTING AT 1000 / yr JUST USE THIS COUPOUN : DKNG10OFF
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by WaZoBiaLander: 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
One truth about blogging now is that it's now like church business(no offense) where most people go into it mainly for the money-making purpose, not truly because they are passionate about it or because they want to reach out to people,enlighten and/or inform people. Whatever be the reason, blogging is really a good business, source of income and self-empowerment. I have a 17-year old friend whom I regard to as my boy but also call him my blog teacher because he's really good when it comes to blogging and internet generally but the problem is that after getting his ad sense, he has deviated from the usual news/information to something else...but he's still making his money. Another truth is that not every I-want-to-go-into-blogging kind of person can actually be a blogger and most people who start blogging eventually quit or give up along the line. Anyway, I love writing,enlightening people and blogging is just one major means of doing both but I just wish I'd be capable of doing it someday and possibly combining it with my job. God bless the hustle of every blogger, most especially those using it as their source of income or means of empowerment in the absence of job.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
Want to start blogging? Contact me to get a professional looking blog at a cheaper rate!

btobi49@gmail.com

THANK ME LATER
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Jelo4kul(m): 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
Julius2214:

May I ask why?

Lol. Because I never knew you would ask me why.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Topmaike007(m): 5:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
Mayfrank:

Dude... Nerdslot is authored using a Tecno L3. That's no excuse. Check my signature for Nerdslot.
how can I blog with it and what type of domain you are using..... Nerdslot
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by chiefoo26(m): 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
drdrei09:
@op, i want 2 start blogn bt i'm a novice. Pls wat ar thing i have 2 knw as a beginner?
how can I post on nairaland pls?
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by chiefoo26(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
can anybody here explain to me better how to post or chat on nairaland ?
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Mayfrank(m): 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Topmaike007:
how can I blog with it and what type of domain you are using..... Nerdslot

Just get the apps.. depending on the platform You're using. I'm using WordPress app to post and uc browser for customization.

My domain is Nerdslot.com, It's a self hosted WordPress blog.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by realGURU(m): 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Julius2214:

First you have to decide on a niche, the one you can tirelessly blog about, then choose a blogging platform; blogger or WordPress. You can contact me for more clarification
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Blogging doesnt pay everytime. Buy best of website scripts, install and watch how the money flows in https://www.nairaland.com/2844598/giving-away-codecanyon-best-selling
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by cooldays(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
Julius2214:
You may be thinking that you have a job or you are a student, so you can’t blog. No! No! I’m a student, in my final year. From experience am telling you that blogging will even help you as a student. You’ll get to understand as you read on. Your job shouldn’t be a barrier also. It shouldn’t stop you from blogging. I’ve met a few people who have full-time jobs but are interested in blogging and I help them set up their blogs. You may be thinking about the possibility of combining your job with blogging. Ayeni Tobi of MissTechy dot com recently wrote a post on how she does this. She’s got a job, but very consistent on her blog. You can learn from her experience if you want to combine your job with blogging.

Back to the topic:

7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year

1. You’ll Become A Better Writer

Blogging is definitely going to improve your writing skills. Becoming a better writer lies on much practice, and how frequently you write. And then that is what blogging is about. This is one of the reasons it will help you as a student. Blogging has greatly improved my writing skills and other bloggers out there.

2. You’ll Make A Difference In The Life Of Others

One time or the other, we have all read a story, a blog post, or an article online that inspired us. You can change people’s life for the better through blogging. Inspiring young people to discover their true potentials, directing people to make better choices in their relationships, spreading the virtues of your faith.There are many ways you can help others through blogging. Your voice matters, making it heard will have a positive impact on others. Start your blog today to be an inspiration to others.

3. You’ll Meet New People.

I’ve enjoyed many benefits since I started blogging. Meeting interesting people is part of them. If you’ve been blogging for while, you’ll agree with me on this. People that are interested in your niche will always contact you to know more about it and you’ll end up making friends with some of them. Beneficial friends. You may also get to meet top bloggers in your niche. Meeting new people and making friends is fun.

4. You’ll Become A Better Thinker

You don’t get taught in school how to think, but it’s one of the greatest attributes every human must possess. Blogging fills that void, it helps you grow your thinking muscles exponentially. Before writing anything, you have to think so you can give your readers what they want from you. Now is the best time to think about having your own blog.

5. It’ll Build Your Confidence.

Blogging will make you confide in yourself, it’ll help you learn to voice your opinion without being scared of making mistakes. With time you’ll realize that your voice matters and you have something to offer others.

6. It’ll create opportunity for yourself and for your business

Writing about a particular topic consistently shows you are an expert in that field. When you become known in that area people looking for expertise will eventually contact you. One of my major services online is to set up blogs. I’ve been doing that even before I started this blog. But after starting this blog, I get to meet more people interested in my services because they see me as an expert.

7. You Can Make Money From Blogging

I know you’ve heard a lot about making money from blogging and that is the main reason some people go into it. Though it is true that you can make money blogging, but blogging is not a get-rich-quick scheme. (You’ve heard about that too). Create values and grow your audience before you think of making money from your blog.

So are you convinced? You want to start your blog? Don’t rush. Don’t jump into entertainment niche like others do and end up becoming a “copy-and-paste” blogger. Carefully choose a niche that is right for you. I wrote a post that will help you choose the right niche. Check my profile.

One more thing.

There are two major platform to set up your blog; Blogger and WordPress.

Blogger is a free service owned by google, where you can easily set up your blog in minutes and get a free sub-domain like yourblog..com.

WordPress on the other hand is divided into two; Self hosted and free hosted (). Just like blogger, is free and you’ll also get a free sub-domain like yourblog..

But to use the self hosted WordPress, you’ll need to purchase a hosting account and install the WordPress script.

If you already know about WordPress and Blogger, you should also know that using the self hosted WordPress is the best. There are many articles online supporting this claim. Personally, I don’t take bloggers on a free platform like and blogger serious. Especially those without a custom domain name.

Lalasticlala, Seun
http://bloggingplan.com/2016/01/05/7-awesome-reasons-start-blog-year/

I had a look at the link it looks like a cool website. I will be visiting it gain. Sice you know a lot about blogging do you mind having a look at my blog and tell me what you think? www.sherijourney..com
Will be waiting to hear from you
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by realGURU(m): 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
esaias1:
Awesome Write up.
before starting a blog, u should really do some thorough research about blogging.
thank u
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by kateskitty(f): 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
ladyF:
shocked

Errmmm, please not everyone should go into blogging.

I support you. Too many hungry bloggers out there grin
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
Neyoor:

go to www..com to set up ur blog and make u read some tutorials about it 2 make it easier 4 u in setting up ur blog,i recommend it 4 u cos it is d suitable platform 4 newbie.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by clashroyale: 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
I've been into this field of blogging since 3 years and believe me I'm enjoying like hell! Clash Royale For Android
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by clashroyale: 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
I've been into this field of blogging since 3 years and believe me I'm enjoying like hell! I would also like to share my new blog which has some really awesome stuff. You can check it out here. Clash Royale For Android
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
Julius2214:
You may be thinking that you have a job or you are a student, so you can’t blog. No! No! I’m a student, in my final year. From experience am telling you that blogging will even help you as a student. You’ll get to understand as you read on. Your job shouldn’t be a barrier also. It shouldn’t stop you from blogging. I’ve met a few people who have full-time jobs but are interested in blogging and I help them set up their blogs. You may be thinking about the possibility of combining your job with blogging. Ayeni Tobi of MissTechy dot com recently wrote a post on how she does this. She’s got a job, but very consistent on her blog. You can learn from her experience if you want to combine your job with blogging.

Back to the topic:

7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year

[b]1. You’ll Become A Better Write
Nice write up. But are u telling me that bloggers with sub-domains are really not serious. At least some make money through their sub-domains
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
esaias1:
Awesome Write up.
before starting a blog, u should really do some thorough research about blogging.
u really hit d nail on d head.

1 Like

Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by Jeromejnr(m): 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
realGURU:
hello am also interested, i wanted to create physics tutorial blog this 2016. Is it a good niche to choose? And what of traffics?

If you guys want to learn to succeed in any business, you should never share your ideas on an open forum or social media.
Re: 7 Awesome Reasons To Start Your Blog This Year by esaias1(m): 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
realGURU:
hello am also in school, i wanted to create mathematic tutorial blog. Is it a good niche to choose?
yes it is, you'll have to put a whole lot of time into it, and be dedicated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? / What Is The Major Difference Between Python And Php / [FREE Guide] Yahoo Bitcoin Investment Latest Format – Step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.